Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... (5187 Views)

Next Time You Give Your Tithes - Drop In Some Mint, Rue, Or Herbs, Or Some Food. / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by Kay17: 4:20pm On May 04, 2010
It is impossible to prove that an entity or thing does not exist, it is simply disproved on the justification provided for it. Bert Russell's example of the celestial teapot, a claim that a teapot orbits round the sun, that even the most powerful telescopes can not pick. Or the claim for self-conscious elephants living in the sky and responsible for thunderstorms and rain, and with the antedote for the high altitude. Or an invisible singing rat on Mars, or the existence of Santa and unicorns. These are impossible when the person making the claim was careful enough to render them unobservable. But the question is how was he able to come across that "fact"?

It is on the evidence of seeing a plane or a space shuttle in the air, would one claim that objects can fly, thus that forms his justification. The arbitrary claim for the existence of God is one of those. God can not be disproven, it is impossible. he is only disproven on the justification for him, on disproving the evidence for him. whoever makes an positive claim, the onus is on him to prove it. it is ridiculous to hassle a doubter for his evidence against it.

Hey, God exists because the Bible stated so. By what means the writers of Bible acquire the knowledge of his existence? Revelation or Reason? Then are the stories in the Book backed by scientific and historical truths? Why is the Book riddled with damning contradictions?
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by mazaje(m): 4:23pm On May 04, 2010
^^^

You have just said what I have been trying to say all along. . . .
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by Romeo4real(m): 4:24pm On May 04, 2010
it is ridiculous to hassle a doubter for his evidence
The main riducule is providing an alternative explanation that is just as untenable as the doubters say the God idea is.
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 04, 2010
mazaje:

What exactly is your evidence mythical narratives that we written by men long ago? Men who do not even know what the stars are?. . .Is that what you call evidence?. . . .

I recently spoke with a judge who told me the different evidences that are tenable in the court. He said it includes eye witness, DNA and written materials provided that its in line with the subject matter.

Now the biblical account were written mostly by eyewitnesses, who were first hand partakers in the events that happened and were recorded. The bible may have been compiled into a single piece, yet the various stories reported were from various authors.

How then do u validate or invalidate the stories reported by eyewitnesses, which includes the existence of a God and how the God expects people to live and be to be admissible as an evidence
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by mazaje(m): 5:07pm On May 04, 2010
toba:

I recently spoke with a judge who told me the different evidences that are tenable in the court. He said it includes eye witness, DNA and written materials provided that its in line with the subject matter.

Now the biblical account were written mostly by eyewitnesses, who were first hand partakers in the events that happened and were recorded. The bible may have been compiled into a single piece, yet the various stories reported were from various authors.

How then do u validate or invalidate the stories reported by eyewitnesses, which includes the existence of a God and how the God expects people to live and be to be admissible as an evidence

The bible was NOT written by eye witness accounts. . .Was moses whom the creation account is traditional attributed to his name there when the earth was created?. . . .Why then do you say that he was an eye witness?. .
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by Kay17: 5:07pm On May 04, 2010
The criteria for picking what goes into the Bible is in doubt. Not all Christian Scriptures are in the Bible, the Protestants do not accept the Apocrypha. Is the Gospel of Thomas not included because it is an embarassing portrayal of Jesus Christ, or the Gospel of Judas for exulting the chief enemy of Jesus, or Gospel of Philip for exposing the the sexual weaknesses of Jesus Christ? All the authors of the Bible are in doubt as the compilers. Glaring contradictions and mockery for humanity.

Christianity simply fulfills the mystical requirement as with all religions. Joseph Smith, Moses, Jesus, Muhammed, Zoroaster are purported to have received the mandate from god to propagate his message, what is the difference between them and lunatics? Over 3 billion people believe them?! werte their testimonies scrutinized?
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by Romeo4real(m): 5:30pm On May 04, 2010
@ Mazeje - I started to reply to your posts, but stopped when i realised how futile it was.  Futile because you refuse to argue objectively, engage in intelligent debate, and constantly put forward spurious and inconclusive evidence as facts.

- You refute arguments, whilst declining to put any of yours forward.
- You claim to be an Atheist, but have argued for the concept of a Creator, Many Gods, and Oneness of Infinity or whatever.
- You claim the Earth began from a Singularity, but have refused to tell us where this Singularity came from.
- You ridicule the account of creation in the Bible into question, whilst  ignoring the gaping holes in the competing scientific theories you put forward.
- You offer "observable evidence" as irrefutable proof, without the necessary caveat that it is inconclusive, and it cannot be relied upon because it is is constantly changing.
- You contest facts based on your opinions and views, and offer no conclusive evidence or proof to back yourself up.
- You say God did not create the Universe, yet offer no clear alternative theory as to WHO or WHAT created the Universe.
- You dismiss my assertion that there may have been two Suns at some point in our Solar System's history out of hand, despite there being a - current scientific hypothesis that supports it.
- You consistently assert that the Sun is older than the Earth, despite the knowing the science behind the claims is inconclusive.

From the above, You can see why it is a waste of valuable time engaging with you in a debate.
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by mazaje(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2010
Romeo4real:

@ Mazeje - I started to reply to your posts, but stopped when i realised how futile it was.  Futile because you refuse to argue objectively, engage in intelligent debate, and constantly put forward spurious and inconclusive evidence as facts.

I  have always been careful not to label anything as a fact. . .Pls show me where I labeled any of my assertions as facts. . .I have always been careful to use the phrase"best explain". . . .

- You refute arguments, whilst declining to put any of yours forward.

I have put so many of my arguments forward. . .

- You claim to be an Atheist, but have argued for the concept of a Creator, Many Gods, and Oneness of Infinity or whatever.

You have to look at all of these arguments in context. . . .

- You claim the Earth began from a Singularity, but have refused to tell us where this Singularity came from.

I was very clear to say that I do not know where it came from. . . .

- You ridicule the account of creation in the Bible into question, whilst  ignoring the gaping holes in the competing scientific theories you put forward.

I do acknowledge the gaping holes, but I still maintain that they best explain what we see around. . .The scientific theories that have been proposed are themselves not with out errors, a fact that I have stated so many times. . . .But I still maintain that they best explain what we see around compared to the genesis creation account that explains nothing at all, and does not match the observable evidence. . . .

-
You offer "observable evidence" as irrefutable proof, without the necessary caveat that it is inconclusive, and it cannot be relied upon because it is is constantly changing.

OK. . . .I concede this point. . . 

- You contest facts based on your opinions and views, and offer no conclusive evidence or proof to back yourself up.

Some times, I contest things because they do not add up at all, and not because I have any conclusive proof. . . .

- You say God did not create the Universe, yet offer no clear alternative theory as to WHO or WHAT created the Universe.

Same answer as above. . . .

- You dismiss my assertion that there may have been two Suns at some point in our Solar System's history out of hand, despite there being a - current scientific hypothesis that supports it.

If such an hypothesis is strong it will be in the mainstream cosmology books and publications, no?. . .I asked you some questions with regards to this but you did not answer. . .

- You consistently assert that the Sun is older than the Earth, despite the knowing the science behind the claims is inconclusive.

Inconclusive as it is, there are still other basis to come to that conclusion which I have stated. . . .

From the above, You can see why it is a waste of valuable time engaging with you in a debate.

OK. . .what ever wink
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by OmoUSH(m): 11:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
Now, let me summarise all the debate of the past years. I'm neither an atheist nor a religionist though i simply beleive in the existence of a Creator who may not be an almighty god. Quote me please. I'll want us to stroll away a tiny bit from the topic of non-existence. In the course of my poignant researches, i've come to a conclusion about the universe's owner, namely, that the true Maker has been renegraded. In understanding this be tter, watch out for my book which may be published in few years coming. Let us begin. THE SUN. The Sun has been the centre of unparallel attraction since the dawn of human history. In a nutshell, i'ld not be here posting without the sun. Does it sounds like the sun created the universe? Or is it responsible for human evolution? None of the above. Perhaps, all of the above! Mind you, i'm not a scientist or a cosmologist. Digging deep into all the races of the world pre written history, one would easily realise that the sun has been the emblem of worship. In those times there was nothing called the quest to know an Almighty who is responsible for the creation of the vast world. Mediaeval Egyptians, Assyrians, Epicureans, Europeans, Nordics, Druids, Romans, Greeks, etc all have the sun as the theme of devotion before the legendary Jews had began their quest for world or multi-territoriy dominance. What was the religion of these ancient jews? Religion of the Sun. Prominent scholars have concluded that the mountain the Biblical character which the Jewish writers systematically coined from an Egyptian deity got the most outdated Codes of Hammurai transformed the infamous Ten Commandment, is also the Mount Of The Sun. The Bible is a mystery schools-combo-mystery-cults book that is written in esoteric code for the highest species of mankind to comprehend. During the time of constantine, Rome was the empire of the world. Anything decreed by the Roman Emperor automatically becomes a worldwide law. Prior to the time that Constatine was allegely converted to Christianity, many gods representing The Sun were worshipped throughout. As the Christian religion became official, the emperror had all their practices incoporated into the church as he even commissioned the writing of the Christian text! But why mixed the sun with what is already the sun from the start? It was for the deception of thousands of generations unborn! Constantine was the arch-criminal of mankind. It was all debauchery. It is like the case in which an author of a drama set a role for each of his casts and then caught in different moment of shocks and negative emotions at the parts in which his actors act out, according to the script he has dictated for them. Constantine brought all the world of his time to the umbrella of peaceful sun worship and the legacy continues to our day. All ancient gods refer themselves as the Light Of The World, including Christ! Yet, most, or all these deities are never proved in archaelogical and anthropological history to have lived at anytime in this planet. Please, read the Greatest Story Ever Sold by Professor S for consultation. And what is this most popular light of the world? The Sun. We all know that without this gargantuan ball of fire, our planet will be in grisle darkness forever. We also know that the moon that shine at night does not even shines by its own light. All the forces and cohorts of the light are all under the umbrella of the sun. What about the illuminati and freemasons connection with enlightenment and illumination. Listen to the eschartology of Mithraism, a mysterious branch of the Iluminati and the Christian church connected with sun devotion in form of a Saviour: What started with water will end up by fire. Doesn't this give a clue about the book of Peter in the Bible. A big hmmm to that! At this route, i'ld like us to dive back into the existence of a Creator. I would like to refer you to a topic in Jehovah's Witness publication called Awake! Is beleif in a Creator reasonable? The question is alarming? Some old folks in time past have used the constellation of the stars in the sky as the proof that there must be God. Little did they know that those stars look randomly scattered! Anyway, it may not be a supprise to us now so please help me cancel that exclammation mark. But how can anything on this earth matters, says Warren in Herman Wouk's War And Rememberance, we are nothing but microbes on grain of sand. Life is a stupid and insignificant accident and when it is over we're just dead meats. In the light of these sentimental words that seemed a reality of life, a beleif in a Creator is disgustingly and freaking unreasonable. What do thousands of dead galaxies and millions of light years have to say in this? Possibly, whole lot. Do the world which we live renew itself or is it fading? How long will human's existence go on? Will we have another Darwin come to bring a brand new theory full of speculations? Well, maybe, since the earth renew itself it could have...
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by OmoUSH(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Now, let me summarise all the debate of the past years. I'm neither an atheist nor a religionist though i simply beleive in the existence of a Creator who may not be an almighty god. Quote me please. I'll want us to stroll away a tiny bit from the topic of non-existence. In the course of my poignant researches, i've come to a conclusion about the universe's owner, namely, that the true Maker has been renegraded. In understanding this be tter, watch out for my book which may be published in few years coming. Let us begin. THE SUN. The Sun has been the centre of unparallel attraction since the dawn of human history. In a nutshell, i'ld not be here posting without the sun. Does it sounds like the sun created the universe? Or is it responsible for human evolution? None of the above. Perhaps, all of the above! Mind you, i'm not a scientist or a cosmologist. Digging deep into all the races of the world pre written history, one would easily realise that the sun has been the emblem of worship. In those times there was nothing called the quest to know an Almighty who is responsible for the creation of the vast world. Mediaeval Egyptians, Assyrians, Epicureans, Europeans, Nordics, Druids, Romans, Greeks, etc all have the sun as the theme of devotion before the legendary Jews had began their quest for world or multi-territoriy dominance. What was the religion of these ancient jews? Religion of the Sun. Prominent scholars have concluded that the mountain the Biblical character which the Jewish writers systematically coined from an Egyptian deity got the most outdated Codes of Hammurai transformed the infamous Ten Commandment, is also the Mount Of The Sun. The Bible is a mystery schools-combo-mystery-cults book that is written in esoteric code for the highest species of mankind to comprehend. During the time of constantine, Rome was the empire of the world. Anything decreed by the Roman Emperor automatically becomes a worldwide law. Prior to the time that Constatine was allegely converted to Christianity, many gods representing The Sun were worshipped throughout. As the Christian religion became official, the emperror had all their practices incoporated into the church as he even commissioned the writing of the Christian text! But why mixed the sun with what is already the sun from the start? It was for the deception of thousands of generations unborn! Constantine was the arch-criminal of mankind. It was all debauchery. It is like the case in which an author of a drama set a role for each of his casts and then caught in different moment of shocks and negative emotions at the parts in which his actors act out, according to the script he has dictated for them. Constantine brought all the world of his time to the umbrella of peaceful sun worship and the legacy continues to our day. All ancient gods refer themselves as the Light Of The World, including Christ! Yet, most, or all these deities are never proved in archaelogical and anthropological history to have lived at anytime in this planet. Please, read the Greatest Story Ever Sold by Professor S for consultation. And what is this most popular light of the world? The Sun. We all know that without this gargantuan ball of fire, our planet will be in grisle darkness forever. We also know that the moon that shine at night does not even shines by its own light. All the forces and cohorts of the light are all under the umbrella of the sun. What about the illuminati and freemasons connection with enlightenment and illumination. Listen to the eschartology of Mithraism, a mysterious branch of the Iluminati and the Christian church connected with sun devotion in form of a Saviour: What started with water will end up by fire. Doesn't this give a clue about the book of Peter in the Bible. A big hmmm to that! At this route, i'ld like us to dive back into the existence of a Creator. I would like to refer you to a topic in Jehovah's Witness publication called Awake! Is beleif in a Creator reasonable? The question is alarming? Some old folks in time past have used the constellation of the stars in the sky as the proof that there must be God. Little did they know that those stars look randomly scattered! Anyway, it may not be a supprise to us now so please help me cancel that exclammation mark. But how can anything on this earth matters, says Warren in Herman Wouk's War And Rememberance, we are nothing but microbes on grain of sand. Life is a stupid and insignificant accident and when it is over we're just dead meats. In the light of these sentimental words that seemed a reality of life, a beleif in a Creator is disgustingly and freaking unreasonable. What do thousands of dead galaxies and millions of light years have to say in this? Possibly, whole lot. Do the world which we live renew itself or is it fading? How long will human's existence go on? Will we have another Darwin come to bring a brand new theory full of speculations? Well, maybe, since the earth renew itself it could have...
Re: ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... by OmoUSH(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheism is Dead : The Logic of God and Everything / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love. / Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.