Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa (44401 Views)

Lady Left Devastated After Paying N2.5 Million For A Fake Visa. / Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths / How To Identify Fake Visa And Job Agents (uae/dubai) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by sexdoll: 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
linearity:

Your stats are way wrong, we don’t even have that that percentage number of Nigerians living illegally in the US.

If you say, that a good number of Nigerians obtain valid US visa using some form fake documentation, fake stories, lies, embellishment,etc...then you have a point that we can debate.

The truth is, the US visa process is very straight forward and thy tell you want they are looking for, why go seek for a visa if you don’t met the requirements? It is like apply for a job, which you clearly know from reading the requirements that you don’t qualify for and blaming the company for not hiring you or lowering their standards. If you desire to work for that company, go back acquire the requirements that they are looking for and reapply.

There are four basic things the US embassy is looking for before giving you a visitor’s visa.

1. Honesty.
2. Valid visitation purpose.
3. Substance while in the US.
4. Strong ties to Nigeria.

And you can prove these four points in a variety of ways.

Good day sir.

Please as someone who plans to travel to the US of A someday, I would so glad if you can explain the bolded very well for me.

Thanks.
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by linearity: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
Partnerbiz:

So you would go into a venture whose success rate is 1%?

Not me, but many will do it...Have you forgotten the saying that goes like this...the higher the risk, the higher the reward?.

You will agree that, some people have this high adrenaline rush for risky under takings.

It’s definitely not for the average joe, but doesn’t me that, some in our larger society wouldn’t undertake it.
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Partnerbiz(f): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
linearity:

Not me, but many will do it...Have you forgotten the saying that goes like this...the higher the risk, the higher the reward?.

You will agree that, some people have this high adrenaline rush for risky under takings.

It’s definitely not for the average joe, but doesn’t me that, some in our larger society wouldn’t undertake it.

Many would do it doesn't make it a wise cause.

Fools are dime a dozen.

How would you venture into sth knowing that the possible of succeeding is 1% and that if it fails--- which is very likely-- you will be hanged.

Isn't that stupidity?
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by linearity: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
sexdoll:

Good day sir.

Please as someone who plans to travel to the US of A someday, I would so glad if you can explain the bolded very well for me.

Thanks.

1. Honesty.
2. Valid visitation purpose.
3. Substance while in the US.
4. Strong ties to Nigeria.

Here you go, it might be a bit long, because I intend to give as much information as can come to my memory now...and pardon the grammatical errors & spelling errors....just read in-between the lines and ask for clarification if I badly murdered English somewhere as I can't re-read everything to make corrections....

Substance while in the US.
The US States and Federal government have various programs to help indigent citizens and residents in the US and these programs cost the government a ton of money. e.g. if you fall sick, you can go into an emergency hospital and can rack up bills and no one will force you to pay a dime. By law, you must be treated even if you cannot pay....you can even sue the hospital and get huge payout or settlement from them, if you detect that they mismanagement your care as a result of your indigent status. There are lawyers who will beg to take up your case without you paying them a dime, unless you win...they usually collect a percentage of your winnings. No, this benefit is not only for citizens or green card holders, anyone on the US soil is protected...Immediately an immigration officer stamped you into the US and you cross into domestic territory of the US, you have not only inalienable rights, but constitutionally protected rights enshrined in due process of the law.

There are also subsidized housing, food stamp, shelter, transportation to work, free phone, healthcare, etc from the government; and anyone can get them, you just have to meet the qualification criteria and apply and keep putting pressure....Even when you do not qualify due to either crime history record or illegal residency, there are tons of charitable organizations that will give you these things free and even shelter and defend you against government legal actions, etc and these organizations get yearly grant money from the government...aka..the government picks up the tabs at the end of the day.

Because of these lope-holes in the law that makes the government the default financial and support system for the indigent population, regardless of there legal status, the government sets some guidelines in places to prevent indigents from coming into the US in the first place; because they know for every indigent that comes in, they have already start losing the battle and have to spend money.

As a result, for the embassy to approve your visa; you must prove to them that; you can sustain yourself and since you are not allowed to work in the US, you must prove this by showing enough cash reserve with you that you intend to take to the US. You can show this by producing bank statements, huge credit limits are also allowed, print your credit card statements showing the huge spending limit on the card. Since they look at the history in your bank statements; a sudden loop sum deposit into your account will be a red flag. You must start building this history and sustenance proof long before the statement dates you will be presenting.

You can also prove this by getting a sponsor, who will guarantee for you. If you have anyone who is a US citizen or permanent resident who can guarantee your sustenance, you can ask them to write to the embassy on your behalf and also send you a letter and proof. They should include enough information to identify themselves, bank statements, etc and USCIS website also have some support form they can complete and obtain their IRS records to backup their statements. Now, many US residents have gotten burnt because of this and are very reluctant to support people. The reason being, that if you default or take any government assistance, get into the emergency room and can't pay your bill, the government go after them and can garnish their wages, also lead to their credit file getting ruin with bad reports which will lower their score. This affects them and their family seriously and can even reduce their competitiveness and ability to either stay at their current job or get the next one or even get rent, because many agencies now pull your credit & consumer report before engaging you. So, if you see someone that wants to sponsor you, please don't abuse it, as they are literally putting their future on the line on your behalf and from historical data, more sponsors get burnt at the end of the day.

Note that, this substance must include your flight ticket, housing or hotel, food, etc in the US. You must prove that, you got all these covered and convincingly.

Strong ties to Nigeria.
You are requesting for a non-immigrant visa; which presupposes that; you will come back to Nigeria on/before the expiration of approved stay by the immigration officer at the point of entry. And there are some red flags here e.g. if you are single, since you can circumvent this by getting married in the US and your sponsor will file an adjustment of status for you in the US, thus entitling you to stay in the US until USCIS adjudicate on your sponsor's petition; you have more to prove...If you are unemployed or not fully employed or don't have good employment with good, stable income; this is also a red flag, because you have more incentive to seek a better employment in the US; so you have more to prove that you will come back to the US.

Having good stable employment, landed properties, married, investments in Nigeria, etc are good ties to Nigeria that will reflect positive on you.

Some people get denied because they talk too much or reveal too much information. Be focus on each of the items above and the question asked above without offering other information not requested. E.g. if someone is sponsoring you from the US and you are young, make sure that person is not an immediate relative, who can file adjustment for you or if that person is, don’t offer that information...They let aged applicants off the hook on this, but are more stringent on younger applicants. This is why they ask you the relationship between you and your sponsor, if your answer will remotely lead them to believe that, that relationship is romantic, you will be denied automatically and if the officer is very kind, he will ask you to go file for an immigration visa instead. If that individual is a parent or a potential adoptive parent, it is an automatic denial, same reason...go file for an immigration visa....If you hint on going to school or desire to go to school, automatic denial....wrong visa category, go file for F1 visa....off course, you already know, you can't hint on working or looking for work; even if it is helping your uncle weed his lawn or becoming a babysitter, since you will be taking a job from a legal US resident, they give aged parent a pass on this, since there is a cultural tradition of them visiting expecting mothers to take care of the new born baby, etc.

So, if you truly want to come to the US; first look at your situation and ask the question....which visa category is best suited for my current situation? If you are young, no investment, no properties, no good stable job, etc...the odds are very high against you getting a B1/B2 visa..but you stand a higher chance of getting an F1 or K1/K3 visa, explore that routes instead. There is also H1b visa, housemaid visa, etc..in fact, there are more than 180 visa categories in the US..research them and find the one best suited for you. Remember that, if it is a non-immigrant visa, nothing stops you from seeking an immigrant visa once you land the shores of the US, but you must not make that known to the interviewing officer...so, instead of rushing to the embassy and creating a rejection history that will come back to hurt you, sit back, do your research, build your evidence history and when you are ready, apply and you will see how simple it is.

I will not go into points one and two, since you did not ask for them....but a brief note on point two, since point one is very clear....The truth is, there are many opportunities and valid reasons to visit the US and the US want you to come. They want you to come and spend your foreign hard earned money in the US...They need your talent and potentials. What they are against, are people who can't contribute to their economy or will become a drag on the economy...forget the current brouhaha with Trump and his statements about immigrants, those are political talks. Trump is targeting his base, he is giving them red meat...that is not the position of the US and it will not stand the test of time. Also, there are many conferences, seminars, conventions, etc that take place each year in the US and that you can research and get invited to. If you didn’t see any suitable conference, chances are your tribe have an association in the US and they all organize conventions frequently, reach that to local their website, email them asking for their next convention date and requirements to get an invitation to attend the convention.

Lastly, if you intend to skip on your legal stay, i.e. not going back to Nigeria at the expiration of your permitted stay...stay in the North East, especially in a democrat strong hold, avoid South especially Red Stated, don't commit crimes, resist the temptation of driving as that will easily expose you...Though, I don't support this as you will push yourself to a tight corner...normally you are given a 2 years visa and the immigration officer will stamp a 6 month stay on your passport...use those 6 months to study the terrain and build your network and map out your plan, then go back....then come back again e.g. for a conference, seminar, convention, etc....and start executing your plans, while finding a legal way of adjusting your status legally or getting an immigration visa that will allow you to stay longer.

Also, at the port of entry; make sure the story you told the interviewing officer in Nigeria matches the one you are telling the immigration officer...Also, if you have any chat, email, letters, documents, contacts, etc that may contradict your story or cast doubt as to your intentions of visiting or may reveal your intent to seek an immigration visa while in the US...make sure you delete them...the immigration officer have the right to search your belongings, your phone, etc....e.g. you can't be coming for a convention and having printed resumes in on your person or in your bag....or coming for a tourist visit and have a romantic chat or email with someone in the US.

Though not currently mandated for Nigerian travelers, but clean up your social media life, posts, etc...if you have to create a new/alternate ones that build a good character, please do...immigration officers are now allowed to ask for your social media handle and they can check your history....Yes, they say you providing them is optional...but imagine going to an interview and the interviewer ask you to provide the password to your email account, but tell you, it is optional to provide it...do you think you will get the job, if you refused?..Now this is an extreme example, but you get the drift...the key here is, prepare far ahead.

Well, I told you; it is going to be long!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by linearity: 5:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Many would do it doesn't make it a wise cause.

Fools are dime a dozen.

How would you venture into sth knowing that the possible of succeeding is 1% and that if it fails--- which is very likely-- you will be hanged.

Isn't that stupidity?

I truly get your point and we are on the same page here...

But, I don’t see things as only black and white, I do subscribe to the notion that, there are always shades of grey in between somewhere and each person’s mileage, circumstance is different.

And frankly, the jury is still out on it being a ‘wise cause’ as the meaning of that varies. Some truly believe that, the end justify the means, while a greater portion of society believes that the means justifies the end.

This is the reason, some in society today still push drug and even a few among them still push to/through Malaysia and these other countries that have zero tolerance and death penalty. Some in this category believe it is a ‘wise cause’ despite the huge risk.

My position is not really to argue if it is wise or foolish or something in between; it is just to point out the fact that, there are some that will venture into something, knowing fully well that, the risk hugely out weigh the rewards and even if the chances of a reward are as little as 1%.

And if you view it critically, high rewarding ventures tend to get saturated quickly or become highly competitive or only open to a select few with the right connections...this make others to seek other ventures with higher risk, knowing fully well that, the competition will be lesser, though the adventure may have a short shelf life.
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by teflonbuzz: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
How is it a banker when she had a fake ID? Doesn't that mean she wasn't a banker?
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Beyy: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys

I made a mistake in my DS 160 form. The power they asked for previous education. Do you have a secondary school education or higher? I clicked no and went on with the form. I only realized I made the mistake after four days of submission. I’m a current masters student and I filled that part correctly. Will that affect me?
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Henrykoko6061: 7:26am On Aug 04, 2018
Its has been happening,she is only dull,she could not defend what she claimed,so many with genuine reasons and genuine information have been denied without any good reasons,now you have paid a bogus visa fee which is not refundable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful Park In Lagos, Nigeria (pics, Video) / Female UNIZIK Graduate Dies From An Accident - Photos / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.