Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1320664 members, 1911333 topics. Date: Monday, 02 March 2015 at 09:35 PM

Traditional Igbo Clothing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Igbo Clothing (3986 Views)

A Nairalander's Traditional & Church Wedding / Advice On How To Annul A Traditional Marriage / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
My husband is Igbo, and we have a 6 month old son. I would like to either make or buy an Igbo dress for my son to take pictures in. Do you know a website where I can either buy a dress, or a pattern to make him one myself? Thank you for your help!
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by ifyalways(f): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
Where do u reside?
Are there no Igbo couples around u?they could help u locate a seamstress and even choose fabrics and material. undecided
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
I live in Utah and don't know any Igbo couples close by. My husband has a few Igbo friends here in the US, but they all live out of state!
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by davmor(m): 3:59am On Apr 23, 2010
idashyou:

I live in Utah and don't know any Igbo couples close by. My husband has a few Igbo friends here in the US, but they all live out of state!
I direct you, go to google and type igbo traditional wears.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 4:27am On Apr 23, 2010
I tried that and see lots of pictures of Igbo dress, but no one selling.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by davmor(m): 4:46am On Apr 23, 2010
idashyou:

I tried that and see lots of pictures of Igbo dress, but no one selling.
now in conjuct with your husband, try getting the materal and meet a tailor to sew any of those style you saw in the internet. I wil still check google more for u.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 5:11am On Apr 23, 2010
OK, thank you.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by davmor(m): 8:44am On Apr 23, 2010
idashyou:

OK, thank you.
I recommend you sew an up and down wrapper. Sew also a cap of the same materal for male and a head tye pieces of the same materal for female and with these you will get the Igbo fashion for your children. Am not a tailor sha, but use to the make of we Igbos. Good wishes.

(0) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married / A Nairalander Just Killed Herself....IvyBlue / Check Out Restaurant In China Where Full Babies Are Eaten [pics + Gist]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.