Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

“under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians (1975 Views)

APC Governor Caught On Video Receiving $5m Bribes / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: This Is Just Kindergarten, Administration Is Demonocracy / Kwankwaso's Brothers House Searched By Police: Ex Governor Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by 2Ebisco: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
The Zamfara state governor, Abdulaziz Yari, has expressed disappointment over frequent armed banditry in the state, saying he “felt let down” the killings have escalated under the Buhari administration.

In the latest onslaught on Wednesday night, at least 39 persons were killed in Zurmi local government area of the state.

Mr Yari, who is the chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum, alleged that the state government had alerted security agencies on the impending invasion of communities by bandits.

Speaking Friday evening when he led five Northern Governors on a sympathy visit to the palace of the Emir of Zurmi, Mr Yari said security agencies in the area have failed to tackle the problem of cross-border banditry and terrorism bedevilling communities in the area.

“Whatever humanly possible that needed to be done, we as a government have done to mitigate this disaster. But it does appear that security agencies are failing in their responsibilities.

“I feel let down facing the people of this state whenever I remember the promise I made to them that when they elect President Muhammadu Buhari into power, these killings will end. But unfortunately, things are now getting worse.

“As such, I urge you security agencies to up the ante so as not to lose this war. If you let us take issues on our hands, anarchy will reign which is not what we hope us.

“On this particular incident, we had intelligence reports 24 hours before it happened that the bandits were grouping and ready to attack.

“I alerted the security agencies but unfortunately they sent inadequate personnel to confront these people from where they came from,” he said.

In his remarks, the Emir of Zurmi, Atiku Abubakar, echoed Mr Yari’s lamentations, saying the bravery of vigilante groups who confronted the bandits, had reduced the casualty figures.

Giving insight into what really happened, the Emir alleged that 600 bandits made attempt to invade Zurmi but were repelled by vigilantes.

“They came on 200 motorcycles with three persons on each bike. Each of them was well-armed. We stationed 500 vigilante members who stood their ground and gallantly fought the bandits. Unfortunately, these same bandits turned their anger on travelers and other villagers on their way here, that was why we had 39 people killed.

“Thes terrorists are known to us. Their major hide-out is in a village called Kagara, very close to Bafarawa in Sokoto State, and a few kilometers from Shinkafi in Zamfara State. But despite several appeal to security agencies to storm the area, our appeals have failed.

“I need to state here that majority of weapons used by bad people in this country are brought in from this area. I had reason to personally inform Zamfara State Director of SSS sometimes back of a large cache of weapons being brought into the country but no concrete action was taken until the containers were moved away.

“I am happy that other Northern Governors are here because we believe the solution to this problem lies in cooperation among all of you.

“I don’t need to repeat here that we need a full battalion of soldiers here and in areas surrounding Maru, Maradun, Shinkafi and Zurmi LGAs,” the visibly angry Emir said.

He added that the people have been pushed to the limit and a negative reaction from them will have devastating consequence on the continued peaceful coexistence of all communities in the area.

In his remarks, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno appealed to the people not to lose patience. He sympathized with the victims and prayed to God to grant the deceased eternal rest.

In addition to Messrs Shettima and Yari, other governors on the entourage were Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto, Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi and Umar Al-Makura of Nassarawa States.,

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/under-buharithis-killing-is-too-much.html

1 Like

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Sprumbabafather: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
Una never chii chom chin grin

After this man hands over, a census may confirm that the population of Nigeria is less than 50 milla cheesy

4 Likes

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Omololu2121: 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by dlondonbadboy: 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
Zombies, sarrkis, omenkas, ngeneukwenus come and defend your God...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Omololu2121: 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
If we are going to tell ourselves the truth,with leaders like buhari,there shall be no hope for this country, even by 2030,Nigeria will still be where it is today,there has been no changes since 1999,in fact things has been going bad in this country since 1993.

I think what we should do is to practice a new system of government, and I support confederation, where we will have the 6 geopolitical zone as the 6 state,they will run there things the way they want.
The federal government in abuja will be in charge of just foreign exchange.

2 Likes

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by ZombieBuster: 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
They will use their mouths to condemn themselves

Their failure is glaring for the blind to see

Only zombies support this administration

1 Like

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Omololu2121: 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
Buhari is a disaster

2 Likes

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by tballeyy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Buhari always happy when ever there was a blood shed in the country. He uses innocent blood to get more energy and freshing up. VAMPIRE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by ufuosman(m): 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
Some of this norther governors need to kick against buhari so that apc will not even think of giving him ticket

1 Like

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by icebird25(m): 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
At least make them decrease the northeners population self... Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by micfoley: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
As Fela said o overtake Don overtake overtake

2 Likes

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Iykmann(m): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
And the killings continued
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by omowolewa: 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
Write a letter, but remember to keep it opened
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Why the cry after endorsing him for 2019. I thought he has tackled insecurity.

When other states were crying, you were busy endorsing him, now is you turn to cry.

All those supporting him while other are crying should continue, their turn will soon reach.

1 Like

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
so the rich also cry....i thought that was a novel i read or a soap i watch back in the days.....so the rich can cry and feel regret over kilings here in this country..this is strange o..i though they dont care...well, let me say what ojokwu told ken saro wiwa in prison. ....my honourable governor of zamfara state, goodmorning this evening!
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by Yankee101: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2018
Everyone suffers, northerners, westerners and southerners if we keep doing nothing.

We must root out banditry, kidnapping, robbery, cultism and terrorism from herdsmen and boko haram.

It's getting way toooo much.

And if politicians cannot run the country we'll call back the military.
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by RZArecta2(m): 5:29am On Feb 18, 2018
Not too long ago, Ben Bruce spoke about heavily armed Fulani foreigners in Zamfara state on the floor of the chambers, senators from Zamfara had to speak with Saraki in private because they were afraid for their lives but what did "enlightened" Nigerians do ? They insulted and cussed out Mr Bruce just because he's a PDP man from Bayelsa, the same state as Gej. Nigerians especially the youths are turning out to be bigger fóols and it's this foolishness that just might consume us very soon.

Ps, prepare yourselves for a slap by the IG of police for using vigilantes to repel that attack instead of dying like nama. Buhari and his goons shall never escape judgement here on earth and in heaven

2 Likes

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by chriskosherbal(m): 5:34am On Feb 18, 2018
RZArecta2:
Not too long ago, Ben Bruce spoke about heavily armed Fulani foreigners in Zamfara state on the floor of the chambers, senators from Zamfara had to speak with Saraki in private because they were afraid for their lives but what did "enlightened" Nigerians do ? They insulted and cussed out Mr Bruce just because he's a PDP man from Bayelsa, the same state as Gej. Nigerians especially the youths are turning out to be bigger fóols and it's this foolishness that just might consume us very soon
easy bro! U r really upset...I feel u bro ..GOD Will NOT Let US Down .

2 Likes

Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by headhunter1: 5:53am On Feb 18, 2018
ikpunnu ikpunnu ikpunnu ikpunnu cheesy
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by headhunter1: 5:53am On Feb 18, 2018
apc is a terrorist party - ikpunnu
Re: “under Buhari,..this Killing Is Too Much” — APC Governor Cries Out To Nigerians by debolayinka(m): 5:55am On Feb 18, 2018
When zombies and BMCs say that we're more secured in Buhari's regime.....

(1) (Reply)

Which Of The Nigerian Politician Does This Masqurade Resemble (photo) / List Of Guber Candidates Of APC And PDP Across The States In Nigeria—Zenithnaija / Amaechi Shows Disappointment In Buhari During Interview- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.