Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me (2228 Views)

My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
So I've been engaged to this guy since mid last year and planning on getting married middle of this year, but recently for the past 3 months he took up a bank job in another state and he has really become distant.

Just this week on the 14th I didn't hear from him through out the day till the 16th, no call or text even WhatsApp message, nothing. And even on the 16th I had to call first.

I have a feeling he's probably dating someone better in his office because I not a graduate, he told me when he started the new job that they have a lot of female staff in his branch.

These days he can go days without calling me and wouldn't feel bad. I'm just thinking that this engagement wouldn't make it to marriage at this rate.

Now I'm thinking I should start looking for option B since this relationship is starting to feel I'm not on solid ground.
But deep down I still love my fiance and just want only him. cry

modified
Okay so some Nairalanders have taken it upon themselves to become private investigators reading my old post which are somehow contradicting this story.
Well there's a perfectly good reason for that and that's because I have a friend who just like me and so many of us here have relationship issues and she has asked me to post something about what she is going through in my account for anonymity.
So please face the issue in this thread and stop feeling like a private investigator.
My gosh some people have time oh shocked reading way tooooo much meaning into older post.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
talk to him

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by greatnaija01: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
My dear, you and your dude DO NOT KNOW WHAT LOVE IS.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t throw tantrums,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying will end; understanding will reach its limit But Love is Eternal.

Please redefine your relationship, dont enter a marriage you will regret. UPGRADE YOURSELF

Vanillaskin:
So I've been engaged to this guy since mid last year and planning on getting married middle of this year, but recently for the past 3 months he took up a bank job in another state and he has really become distant.

Just this week on the 14th I didn't hear from him through out the day till the 16th, no call or text even WhatsApp message, nothing. And even on the 16th I had to call first.

I have a feeling he's probably dating someone better in his office because I not a graduate, he told me when he started the new job that they have a lot of female staff in his branch.

These days he can go days without calling me and wouldn't feel bad. I'm just thinking that this engagement wouldn't make it to marriage at this rate.

Now I'm thinking I should start looking for option B since this relationship is starting to feel I'm not on solid ground.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by dingbang(m): 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Take heart. Stop crying.
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Olalan(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
Sorry OP, your lover doesn't seem interested anymore, you need to have a serious talk with him so you know his mind. Really sorry about it but if he's not interested anymore you need to brace up and move on.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by iamsammie(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
Try paying him a visit like once a month, the easiest way to maintain a distance relationship is to have physical contact once in a while or else it will crumble since you 2 are not already married, he will start looking for options just as you are thinking about looking for options

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Donald3d(m): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
You said this below :
Vanillaskin:
There is this particular good guy I usually run into on my way home from work. I think he stays in the street adjacent mine but recently we got talking and he seemed nice to be with.

To be honest I'm no spring chicken and I'm sure he sense that but he's still keeps coming close. I not sure if I'd like to date him but what worries me is that I don't understand what he sees in me when they are other younger girls he could be with if he wanted to

And this too :
Vanillaskin:

UNILAG alumni, club girl, party girl, high pussy millage you name it

You called yourself a bad girl, I am not judging but I am concerned how long you have been with this guy that you are already considering marriage with him .
@above quoted, you were already considering being with somone else , this was in NOV 2017, is it this same guy that was disturbing you that you are engaged to now ?
Were you already engaged and at the same time considering someone else ?
Is it possible that he has seen these signs in you of "half-mindedness", "one leg in,one leg out" , that made him distance himself from you ?.
Relationships are not meant to be one sided , if he does not call you, why dont you call him, you sounded like its his duty alone to call you, when in fact its meant to be a two way street

From what I could deduce, the foundation of your relationship was not built properly or on solid ground, I advice both of you fix that before walking down the aisle.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
I just ran a cursory check on your profile and saw this topic you created:

https://www.nairaland.com/4183118/im-bad-girl-good-guy

After going through the thread, I discovered that ashewo 20Naira ni e because you were already contemplating on cheating on your so-called fiancé - and that's even if you've not been distributing your dried o.b.o like guguru & epa before then grin

The thing is, you can't eat your cake & still have it. Your fiance is prolly a sharp dude like me - and must have seen you for what you are - a desperate karishika looking to settling down.

My sincere advice to you is to forget about this guy & move on, since - who knows, he might have fvcked a better, tighter & lubricated nunu at his new branch, and if you don't get your shiit together, na agbero for Mushin or Ijora Badia you go marry last last grin

One more thing - pls, take no offense at my response. Calling a spade - a spade has always been my forte! kiss

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Acidosis(m): 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Your fiance is doing the right thing

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Ishilove: 6:35am On Feb 18, 2018
Vanillaskin:

Aunty wa, you said the below

Vanillaskin:

UNILAG alumni, club girl, party girl, high pussy millage you name it
Alumni means you are a graduate of a particular institution, but up in your post you said 'I am not a graduate'

Aunty, either you are an attention seeker or a liar who can't get her stories straight. I am not interested in the mileage your pussy is currently reading, or if you phantom fiancé is acting weird. No, what I am interested in is why you are contradicting yourself on separate Nairaland threads.

Social media and lies!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by YesNo(m): 8:24am On Feb 18, 2018
Ishilove:

Aunty wa, you said the below

Alumni means you are a graduate of a particular institution, but up in your post you said 'I am not a graduate'

Aunty, either you are an attention seeker or a liar who can't get her stories straight. I am not interested in the mileage your pussy is currently reading, or if you phantom fiancé is acting weird. No, what I am interested in is why you are contradicting yourself on separate Nairaland threads.

Social media and lies!! angry angry

I think people just get so lonely and run out of ideas on what else to do with their life and the remaining data on their subscription.... then they resort to such uncoordinated lies in the name of seeking attention and sympathy.
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2018
Donald3d
Zoharariel
Ishilove
YesNo

modified
Okay so some Nairalanders have taken it upon themselves to become private investigators reading my old post which are somehow contradicting this story.
Well there's a perfectly good reason for that and that's because I have a friend who just like me and so many of us here have relationship issues and she has asked me to post something about what she is going through in my account for anonymity.
So please face the issue in this thread and stop feeling like a private investigator.
My gosh some people have time oh shocked reading way tooooo much meaning into older post.
Thank you
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by YesNo(m): 8:57am On Feb 18, 2018
Vanillaskin:

modified

Thank you

I just read the rubbish reason for your twisted contradictions and how you tried so hard to defend it like the rest of us are reading way tooooo much meaning into your older post and i tot of warped delusion. No wonder the mystery "husband to be" had to run away.... thats if the story has any atom of truth in it.... cos u will come back tomoro and say IT IS YOUR TROUBLED FRIEND'S STORY. which you never stated such until your bullsh!t was spotted.
forgive us for being able to compare stories and pick out the contradictions and crookedness. but if you keep sh!tt!ng out stories with the hope that no one would be sensible enough to do a background check or even have the time to do so, then you have failed.

goodluck selling this.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Ishilove: 9:08am On Feb 18, 2018
YesNo:

I think people just get so lonely and run out of ideas on what else to do with their life and the remaining data on their subscription.... then they resort to such uncoordinated lies in the name of seeking attention and sympathy.
Ehn, she tok sey na her friend, no be am dey face man wahala grin
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2018
YesNo:

they are just trolling.

loneliness is for oyibos. nigerians are way too crowded to be lonely
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Sagamite(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2018
Vanillaskin:

modified
Thank you

I shall join those that doubt the authenticity of this situation as you claimed you are not a graduate, yet your English and grammatical construct is better than 98% of those that call themselves graduates in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2018
Sagamite:

I shall join those that doubt the authenticity of this situation as you claimed you are not a graduate, yet your English and grammatical construct is better than 98% of those that call themselves graduates in Nigeria.
Oh my God, you got me laughing hard here.. I'll take at the bolded as a compliment. Thanks
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by YesNo(m): 9:33am On Feb 18, 2018
Sagamite:

I noticed that too. but I just guessed that Her other other other friend that is a graduate helped her type it. I guess so.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2018
YesNo:

I noticed that too. but I just guessed that Her other other other friend that is a graduate helped her type it. I guess so.
I no go school but I'm not dumb either. Maybe that's why my fiance fell in love with me but now I'm guessing since his social class has been elevated he may not want me a non graduate for a wife
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by YesNo(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2018
Vanillaskin:

I no go school but I'm not dumb either. Maybe that's why my fiance fell in love with me but now I'm guessing since his social class has been elevated he may not want me a non graduate for a wife

Abeg I will get back to you later.
you can keep typing your explanations... I will make time to read them later .
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2018
Vanillaskin:

modified
Thank you

I don't understand why you cannot "Understand" that you are an Advanced Olosho & you don't deserve your fiance. Ask yourself, If you are his Sister, Would you advice him to marry an OLOSHO like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by ahnie: 2:43am On Feb 19, 2018
Vanillaskin:

tot u said...your friend told you to help her publish this post?

its a nawa for you.
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by duduade: 8:04am On Feb 19, 2018
He s dating someone at work... or playing a dangerous game with someone... Just wait till they spend the weekends together o...QED

Corporate world encourages cheating... Do you know how many available ladies are out there... Ready to snatch??

Was in such a position like two years back...

I thought it was just the usual "busy" thingy.. So I wasn't bugged... Until I got an SMS saying bla bla bla bla months later.. This was the same work environment he was always nagging about being toxic for him..and I would beg him to overlook the challenges and be optimistic..

My advice.. Is to get him to talk more...engage him more.. If at the end of the day if God says he isn't yours then you let him walk..

Don't bother yourself

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by KingSango(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2018

modified
Thank you

Please redefine your relationship, dont enter a marriage you will regret. UPGRADE YOURSELF
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by Sagamite(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
The jobless fraud deactivated in the end.

What a mooron!
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by UjuJoan2: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
Sagamite:
The jobless fraud deactivated in the end.

What a mooron!

shocked shocked undecided
Re: My Fiance Is Slipping Away From Me by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:19am On Feb 21, 2018

modified
Thank you
no wonder he slipping away from you
see fish brain

(1) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Cheating Wife: My Sex Experience With Two Lovers / Divorce Settlement In Nigeria. Your Opinion.. / Unfulfilled Promises And Disaponitments From People During Wedding Preparations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.