Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe (1149 Views)

Babangida & Obasanjo Spent 40 Minutes Mocking Buhari - Onyeka Nwelue / Plateau Killings: Questions Fayose Is Asking Buhari On Attacks / IBB Confirms Statement Asking Buhari To Step Down, Any Other Info Is Fake - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by Ebullience(m): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
Balarabe Musa, former Governor of Kaduna State, has lambasted ex-Presidents, Ibrahim Babangida and Olusegun Obasanjo over their separate statements advising President Muhammadu Buhari not to seek re-election in 2019.

The former Kaduna State governor, who described statements by both ex-leaders as “stupid,” stressed that “nobody should be deceived.”

He maintained that both leaders never performed better than Buhari when they were in power.

Musa made the remark while responding to a question from The Sun.

According to Musa, “That is stupid. Nobody should be deceived. They have not performed better than Buhari. In what way have any of them performed better than Buhari? In fact, you can say Buhari is less exposed to so many things like corruption and so on.

“In the case of PRP, when we supported Buhari right from 2003 when he showed his interest in the presidency, we made it quite clear that of all the people that wanted to rule Nigeria, Buhari was the least risk, we didn’t say he is the most suitable.

“We said he is the least risk, because the level of his courage and credibility was higher than those who were contesting with him. I dare tell you, even today, if you look at those who want to contest with him, almost all of them came from the North.

“Take any of them, who among them can you say is credibly better than Buhari, better in performance than Buhari? This is Nigeria’s tragedy. There is no doubt, Buhari has failed, but those contesting power with him are more likely to fail than him. This is the trouble.

“So we have the task of bringing somebody who can perform better than Buhari. But it is not that easy, because of the leading role of moneybag politics. So how do we get somebody that will perform better than Buhari. I am not campaigning for Buhari. I have never campaigned for him. But this is the truth because we must attach quality to our judgment.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/17/2019-babangida-obasanjo-stupid-asking-buhari-not-seek-re-election-balarabe-musa/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by kernel504(m): 9:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
Sai barbarians!!!
Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by madridguy(m): 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good word.

1 Like

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by papoudaupolos: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bala
Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by koma1(m): 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
The old man is right. My vote is still for Buhari until I see a better candidate because I've not seen any yet. Atiku and sule lamido will do worse than Buhari

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by 989900: 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
Balarabe's comments are always fxcking spot on!

The guy is so devoid of sentiments in his judgements.

Summary:
1. Buhari as a candidate/president is a 'judgeometer' of how poor this country has had it/having it leadership wise.

2. Moneybags and corrupt politicians won't let us have the best lead us.

3. IBB and OBJ are morally, logically and practically way out of line to tell PMB not to seek his constitutional rights (though IMO, I think PMB's health and age is a liability already).

The former, annuled one of the fairest elections in this country, setting the stage for the death of the winner of that same election, throwing the country into a bloody chaos while he tried to perpetuate himself in power forever, a la Mobutu. While the latter, wanted a third term at all cost, looting the treasury to piss on the constitution.

5 Likes

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
hmm...why trade words now..it's past week's both men made such statements nnyou are genre trying to raise the issue up again...the north should ask buhari to rest n not s eek relection, let them find a better replacement
Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by yarimo(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2018
BALARABE MUSA you have spoken well, nigerians are proud of you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by ybalogs(m): 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
koma1:
The old man is right. My vote is still for Buhari until I see a better candidate because I've not seen any yet. Atiku and sule lamido will do worse than Buhari
100%

4 Likes

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:35am On Feb 18, 2018
Singing the devil i know is better than the angels i don't know... grin

4 Likes

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by femidejulius(m): 7:17am On Feb 18, 2018
There's something wrong with people who call people names for stating their opinions.

Saying Obasanjo and even Babangida is worse than Buhari is not being truthful.

If Buhari had been president when Obasanjo was president, Nigerians would have all fled this country.
Obasanjo have his weaknesses but he is a saint compared to Buhari.

Obasanjo disgraced former IGP who is a Yorubaman, Mr. Tafa Balogun immediately he heard he is corrupt. The Buhari we know is running a clannish government, with the hausa/Fulani having immunity. The NHIS boss accused of corruption and indicated by an administrative panel has been asked to continue in office.

Obasanjo banned Odua People's Congress (OPC),declared the group illegal and ordered clampdown on the group. Buhari is doing all to protect the fulanis who are attacking farms and farmers and their mouthpiece- the MiyettiAllah.

The naira strengthen significantly against the dollar during Obasanjo's time with a high decrease in borrowing and money spent for debt servicing after his government secured debt forgiveness. The opposite is the case now under Buhari.

Buhari is a failure and he ought to quit office and continue rearing cattle.
Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by isbish(m): 7:21am On Feb 18, 2018
Well spoken.

1 Like

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by QuotaSystem: 7:26am On Feb 18, 2018
Right on the money! Couldn't have said it better.

Baba Balarabe is speaking the minds of millions of Nigerians.

Buhari is definitely not the most suitable, but is the LEAST risky candidate among the contenders and miles better than IBB & OBJ the failed 3rd term crusader and hypocrite of the first order.

1 Like

Re: Babangida, Obasanjo ‘stupid’ For Asking Buhari Not To Seek Re-election– Balarabe by madridguy(m): 7:43am On Feb 18, 2018
Do you really know why OBJ dealt with Tafa?

femidejulius:
There's something wrong with people who call people names for stating their opinions.

Saying Obasanjo and even Babangida is worse than Buhari is not being truthful.

If Buhari had been president when Obasanjo was president, Nigerians would have all fled this country.
Obasanjo have his weaknesses but he is a saint compared to Buhari.

Obasanjo disgraced former IGP who is a Yorubaman, Mr. Tafa Balogun immediately he heard he is corrupt. The Buhari we know is running a clannish government, with the hausa/Fulani having immunity. The NHIS boss accused of corruption and indicated by an administrative panel has been asked to continue in office.

Obasanjo banned Odua People's Congress (OPC),declared the group illegal and ordered clampdown on the group. Buhari is doing all to protect the fulanis who are attacking farms and farmers and their mouthpiece- the MiyettiAllah.

The naira strengthen significantly against the dollar during Obasanjo's time with a high decrease in borrowing and money spent for debt servicing after his government secured debt forgiveness. The opposite is the case now under Buhari.

Buhari is a failure and he ought to quit office and continue rearing cattle.

(1) (Reply)

'nigerians Should Be Ashamed Over Buhari’s Award’ – Martin Luther King Jnr’s Nep / An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari By Chief Dr Innocent Chukwuma / Should Omo Agege Be Made The Senate President In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.