Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter (1343 Views)

Road Safety: Exploring Advanced Braking Systems And Technologies In Modern Cars / Road Safety Speed Limiter / Speed Limiter Device On Commercial Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
am travelling to portHarcourt and I was stopped by road safety officers and as a law abiding citizen I stopped hoping my car was without fault cos I have all the necessary documents and car tools,so when he stopped me the first thing he ask was if I have a SPEED LIMITER INSTALLED?? I froze,pls my fellow nairalander when is it now a law for vehicles to have speed limiter?
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by diportivo: 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
aragon4realz:
am travelling to portHarcourt and I was stopped by road safety officers and as a law abiding citizen I stopped hoping my car was without fault cos I have all the necessary documents and car tools,so when he stopped me the first thing he ask was if I have a SPEED LIMITER INSTALLED?? I froze,pls my fellow nairalander when is it now a law for vehicles to have speed limiter?

since u drive a VW vanagon,road safety must stop u to ask for speed limiter

so yes

it's a law now

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
diportivo:

since u drive a VW vanagon,road safety must stop u to ask for speed limiter
so yes
it's a law now
who said anything about a vanagon??
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by diportivo: 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
aragon4realz:

who said anything about a vanagon??

nobody did

but when u posted ur question u didn't tell us the sort car u drove to the the FRSC checkpoint leaving us to assume

na why I assume vanagon grin

rephrase ur question

add the vehicle make and model

and tell if it has commercial plates or private ie blue or red number plates

3 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
diportivo:

nobody did

but when u posted ur question u didn't tell us the sort car u drove to the the FRSC checkpoint leaving us to assume

na why I assume vanagon grin

rephrase ur question

add the vehicle make and model

and tell if it has commercial plates or private ie blue or red number plates
lol... does it really matter the kinda car I drive anyways if you most know it's a Toyota alphard and it's a private vehicle with a green plate

Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by diportivo: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
aragon4realz:

lol... does it really matter the kinda car I drive anyways if you most know it's a Toyota alphard and it's a private vehicle with a green plate

u shldnt be asked for speed limiter

speed limiter is only for commercial vehicles
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
diportivo:

u shldnt be asked for speed limiter

speed limiter is only for commercial vehicles
anyways they ended up squeezing #500 out of me after the much argument
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by thebigkendo(m): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
aragon4realz:

Probably because you did not know your right and they sensed you were in a hurry to continue your journey
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
aragon4realz:

Look, I almost killed a FRSC officer on Ozumba Imbadiwe lastweek tuesday. The bastard flagged my car and just about the same time, the traffic light turned green.

Omo, you needed to see the way the oloriburuku jumped to the side.

I don't stop for them even when I'm going to Ijebu. They usually lurk around that narrow road on Ibadan - Sagamu interchange.

They will always have a bargaining chip (e.g broken rear light, expired tyre, cracked windshield e.t.c) to extort you, hence - I don't stop for them.
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
Zoharariel:

Look, I almost killed a FRSC officer on Ozumba Imbadiwe lastweek tuesday. The bastard flagged my car and just about the same time, the traffic light turned green.

I don't stop for them even when I'm going to Ijebu. They usually lurk around that narrow road on Ibadan - Sagamu interchange.

They will always have a bargaining chip (e.g broken rear light, expired tyre, cracked windshield e.t.c) to extort you, hence - I don't stop for them.
They stopped my last time I was driving down that east west rd to go see my parents in Delta.they checked all tyres and saw writting on only one of the tyres, and said Oga this tyre done expire, I said OK, how about the rest, they said hmmm Oga we nor see dates ohh,.I then started the argument of no expiring date without manufacturing dates. at teh end they just asked me to leave, so now I have tyr paing nah to file those number and paint am sure pass

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 2:53am On Feb 19, 2018
Zoharariel:

you're probably right about the strategic position the choose...this time they are close to a bad sport on the road and a couple of Metre to a military check point so probably can't escape
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by aragon4realz(m): 2:55am On Feb 19, 2018
erico2k2:

They stopped my last time I was driving down that east west rd to go see my parents in Delta.they checked all tyres and saw writting on only one of the tyres, and said Oga this tyre done expire, I said OK, how about the rest, they said hmmm Oga we nor see dates ohh,.I then started the argument of no expiring date without manufacturing dates. at teh end they just asked me to leave, so now I have tyr paing nah to file those number and paint am sure pass
bad guy
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by erico2k2(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2018
aragon4realz:

bad guy
Na so. make we see wetin dem go talk that year! grin grin
Re: Road Safety Officers And Speed Limiter by SpaceAngel: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
Imagine driving a speed limited vehicle and one is being pursued by robbers or kidnappers driving a car without limiter! Thats suicide, I am not falling for that speed limiter nonsense. angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Race Track Challenge / The Price Of This Stolen £1m Solid Gold Toilet Could Get You 52 Toyota Camrys / Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.