Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue (3137 Views)

10 Proven Strategies To Increase The Page Views Of Your Blog. / Increase Your Adsense CPC To More Than 10$ / Necessary Things To Do If You Want Google To Approve Your Adsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by Mediablare: 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Size/Location:

This is one of the most common factors involved in getting low vs. high CTR.

You should try putting Adsense ads around the content and above the fold. (Above-the-fold ads perform far better than below-the-fold ads!)

You can blend the ads with your site design.

Something that bloggers often ignore are link-based ads. Link-based ads are different from banner ads, and they don’t decrease the CTR of main ads if optimized properly. I usually prefer to keep these types of ads on the header navbar.

When you are designing a website for Adsense income, you should keep the AdSense heatmap in your mind. This way you can easily create Adsense-optimized themes and designs for your new site.

Here are some of the Adsense sizes which work best:

336 * 280 : Large Rectangle
300*250 :
728*90
160*600
As you can see, in the Adsense world size matters.

Organic Traffic /U.S :

Adsense ads perform best when your traffic is from search engines.Also, interest-based ads might not perform as well if you are getting more direct traffic. Many people complain about low CPC and low Adsense income despite leaving millions of impressions per month. This is mostly due to CPC and traffic sources. Start targeting traffic from countries like the U.S.A and the U.K, and you will end up getting high CPC.

Adsense for Search: Add extra revenue source

Adsense offers many ways to monetize your site, and you should try to take advantage of all ad types. Adsense for Search not only helps you monetize, but it also helps with user navigation.

Adsense section targeting: Make ads more relevant

Adsense is a contextual ad network that works based on the content of your page, and this includes your header and footer. So ads shown via Adsense must be highly relevant to the context of your article.

Adsense section targeting is a quick technique to add two lines of code before and after the content, thus targeting your ad to the content.

Image or Text Ads:

One of the myths of AdSense is that image ads work better. By blocking an ad type or ad category, you decrease the competition on your ad, and this also decreases the CPM of your ads. I prefer to use both ad types.

Ads between posts:

If you want to increase Adsense revenue, you can easily configure Adsense ads to match with your page background and colors, and add 468*60 image ads or text link ads in between posts. You can also add 7-10 pictures, keeping in mind that you want to offer a good user experience to your readers. Make sure to add enough space between ads & content, so that it doesn’t violate AdSense policies.

Placement targeting:

This is one idea which many bloggers are not implementing. When you create a channel, you have the option to add more details about your ad types, and then put your ad up for auction in the market by opting for placement targeting. This increases the competition, and the ad value on your site goes up. You must enable this manually for every custom channel. To enable placement targeting on your existing custom channel, log in to your Adsense account > My ads > Custom > Custom Channels. Next, click on one of the names and a screen will pop up. Simply add the details and put a checkmark at placement targeting.

Adsense Category blocking:

In the new Adsense interface, the category blocking feature has become much easier to use. You can quickly see which categories of ads are performing poorly, and you can block those categories. I usually block the categories which have a good percentage of impression but a very low earnings percentage. This can also be configured via your “allow” and “block” ads page.

Adsense for Youtube:

If you are a video publisher or if you upload videos to YouTube, you can monetize your copyrighted video using the YouTube publisher program. I have been using it for a long time, and it performs really well. Performance, of course, depends on the amount of traffic your YouTube videos get, but currently Adsense for YouTube is making almost $40-45/month. Here is a guide to get started:

Experiment:

If your only source of income is Google Adsense revenue, then perhaps these tips will be helpful to you. It is important to test various things and see what works the best for you. For example, you can play with link colors and see which link color combination is generating maximum CTR, etc.

Feel free to share a tip which has worked well for you and has helped you to increase your Adsense revenue.

If you are not approved for Google AdSense, you can have look for other posts published here at MediaBlare regarding alternative monetization programs.

Adsense Blacklist URL’s :

[b]Adsense Blacklis[/b]t
There are many advertisers which pay very little per click. There used to be a site showing the Adsense ad “black list”, but if you have compiled a list of your own or you know of any site with very poor performance, you can block that advertiser’s URL. I have done it myself, and it improved my revenue by 10% in one week’s time. You can also block your competitor’s ads from displaying on your site.

Check the Adsense Blacklist via https://mediablare.com/10-proven-strategies-to-increase-your-adsense-revenue/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by Fanatique: 7:01am On Feb 19, 2018
Those still relying on Adsense as lrimary source of income for their blog are really dull. Go into content marketing, get a product to sell and make money.

Please visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ to get a professional researcher to handle your Bsc, Msc, PhD projects. We write plagiarism free papers
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by RealGucci: 7:03am On Feb 19, 2018
my guy go get a job
hw many times do u fools keep writing this stupidd shiiit
get a life
get a real job
or remain poor
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks OP!

For those who are finding it difficult to understand this article should visit www.brainnewsradio.com and see how the ads are place on the site

Drop any question you have..
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by pinkcottoncandy: 7:25am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
my guy go get a job
hw many times do u fools keep writing this stupidd shiiit
get a life
get a real job
or remain poor

U are a mumu sha...if u know what passive income is u will not be typing nonsense here.

I make about $2700 - $3125 a month from adsense for doing nothing...I plan to change to adthrive to double that...which job in nigeria is better than that?

Who nor know nor know.....monki

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2018
another factor is traffic...and organic search result..I remember I had only 2000 page views but was already on a 15% ctr but earnings rock up to $98 for that day....adsense is still difficult to understand but well writing good content, changing ads styles and placement plus blocking low paying advertiser do help improves earning..,thanks for the post

1 Like

Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by hahn(m): 7:54am On Feb 19, 2018
pinkcottoncandy:

U are a mumu sha...if u know what passive income is u will not be typing nonsense here.

I make about $2700 - $3125 a month from adsense for doing nothing...I plan to change to adthrive to double that...which job in nigeria is better than that?

Doing nothing? undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by pinkcottoncandy: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2018
hahn:

Doing nothing? undecided

YES OOOOO...DOING NOTHING

I have done all the hard work ...now my income is passive...

I am 3 years into blogging...now as long as adsense stays the same...i am guaranteed that amount per month minimum.

No..it is not a news site.

Ignorance is a bad thing.

Somepeople started their blog with the hope of making $1000 a month...4-5 years in, they are making $130,000 per month.

makiing sense of cents
smart passive income
pinch of yum
Linda Ikeji

ETC

Blogging is hard for those that have no passion of writing

if u are an avid writer...go and start ur blog now and just write
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by agwom(m): 8:04am On Feb 19, 2018
[sup][/sup]
pinkcottoncandy:

Take it easy, its not a must for everyone to accept ideas...even Christ not all accepted Him! cool
pinkcottoncandy:

Take it easy, its not a must for everyone to accept your ideas...even Christ not all accepted Him!
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by vlogger: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2018
Mediablare:
Size/Location:

This is one of the most common factors involved in getting low vs. high CTR.

You should try putting Adsense ads around the content and above the fold. (Above-the-fold ads perform far better than below-the-fold ads!)

You can blend the ads with your site design.

Something that bloggers often ignore are link-based ads. Link-based ads are different from banner ads, and they don’t decrease the CTR of main ads if optimized properly. I usually prefer to keep these types of ads on the header navbar.

When you are designing a website for Adsense income, you should keep the AdSense heatmap in your mind. This way you can easily create Adsense-optimized themes and designs for your new site.

Here are some of the Adsense sizes which work best:

336 * 280 : Large Rectangle
300*250 :
728*90
160*600
As you can see, in the Adsense world size matters.

Organic Traffic /U.S :

Adsense ads perform best when your traffic is from search engines.Also, interest-based ads might not perform as well if you are getting more direct traffic. Many people complain about low CPC and low Adsense income despite leaving millions of impressions per month. This is mostly due to CPC and traffic sources. Start targeting traffic from countries like the U.S.A and the U.K, and you will end up getting high CPC.

Adsense for Search: Add extra revenue source

Adsense offers many ways to monetize your site, and you should try to take advantage of all ad types. Adsense for Search not only helps you monetize, but it also helps with user navigation.

Adsense section targeting: Make ads more relevant

Adsense is a contextual ad network that works based on the content of your page, and this includes your header and footer. So ads shown via Adsense must be highly relevant to the context of your article.

Adsense section targeting is a quick technique to add two lines of code before and after the content, thus targeting your ad to the content.

Image or Text Ads:

One of the myths of AdSense is that image ads work better. By blocking an ad type or ad category, you decrease the competition on your ad, and this also decreases the CPM of your ads. I prefer to use both ad types.

Ads between posts:

If you want to increase Adsense revenue, you can easily configure Adsense ads to match with your page background and colors, and add 468*60 image ads or text link ads in between posts. You can also add 7-10 pictures, keeping in mind that you want to offer a good user experience to your readers. Make sure to add enough space between ads & content, so that it doesn’t violate AdSense policies.

Placement targeting:

This is one idea which many bloggers are not implementing. When you create a channel, you have the option to add more details about your ad types, and then put your ad up for auction in the market by opting for placement targeting. This increases the competition, and the ad value on your site goes up. You must enable this manually for every custom channel. To enable placement targeting on your existing custom channel, log in to your Adsense account > My ads > Custom > Custom Channels. Next, click on one of the names and a screen will pop up. Simply add the details and put a checkmark at placement targeting.

Adsense Category blocking:

In the new Adsense interface, the category blocking feature has become much easier to use. You can quickly see which categories of ads are performing poorly, and you can block those categories. I usually block the categories which have a good percentage of impression but a very low earnings percentage. This can also be configured via your “allow” and “block” ads page.

Adsense for Youtube:

If you are a video publisher or if you upload videos to YouTube, you can monetize your copyrighted video using the YouTube publisher program. I have been using it for a long time, and it performs really well. Performance, of course, depends on the amount of traffic your YouTube videos get, but currently Adsense for YouTube is making almost $40-45/month. Here is a guide to get started:

Experiment:

If your only source of income is Google Adsense revenue, then perhaps these tips will be helpful to you. It is important to test various things and see what works the best for you. For example, you can play with link colors and see which link color combination is generating maximum CTR, etc.

Feel free to share a tip which has worked well for you and has helped you to increase your Adsense revenue.

If you are not approved for Google AdSense, you can have look for other posts published here at MediaBlare regarding alternative monetization programs.

Adsense Blacklist URL’s :

[b]Adsense Blacklis[/b]t
There are many advertisers which pay very little per click. There used to be a site showing the Adsense ad “black list”, but if you have compiled a list of your own or you know of any site with very poor performance, you can block that advertiser’s URL. I have done it myself, and it improved my revenue by 10% in one week’s time. You can also block your competitor’s ads from displaying on your site.

Check the Adsense Blacklist via https://mediablare.com/10-proven-strategies-to-increase-your-adsense-revenue/
Please what about vlogging? You know YouTube Adsense is different from blog's Adsense. Any tips to improve earnings?
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by opson2016(m): 8:17am On Feb 19, 2018
"Adsense section targeting is a quick technique to add two lines of code before and after the content, thus targeting your ad to the content."

What's the code? How do you come up with it? Will it not violate Google policy?
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by hahn(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2018
pinkcottoncandy:

YES OOOOO...DOING NOTHING

I have done all the hard work ...now my income is passive...

I am 3 years into blogging...now as long as adsense stays the same...i am guaranteed that amount per month minimum.

No..it is not a news site.

Ignorance is a bad thing.

Somepeople started their blog with the hope of making $1000 a month...4-5 years in, they are making $130,000 per month.

makiing sense of cents
smart passive income
pinch of yum
Linda Ikeji

ETC

Blogging is hard for those that have no passion of writing

if u are an avid writer...go and start ur blog now and just write

@ bolded. That is what I wanted to clarify

When you said "doing nothing" I shock. Lol

It is statements like yours that actually let people feel that making money online is easy and that they can make millions overnight

I run an online business myself and it is not a blog but I make sufficient income, not from adsense, and I know first hand that it requires a lot of hard work just like you pointed out.

Just leave dunces like the dude you first replied

Like you said. If you no know, you no know cheesy
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by Newsprex(m): 9:42am On Feb 19, 2018
For me I prefer Facebook Ad....

You can see why you should stop using AdSense and focus on Facebook AD via https://prexblog.com/stop-paying-for-tv-and-radio-ads-now-see-reasons-why-facebook-ad-is-the-best-for-your-business/
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by raluchi93: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2018
pinkcottoncandy:

Hi,

what Niche are you trying to cover,...the how to blog niche has been so flogged you will hardly get any traffic as more established blogs have hijacked this space.

Do some more research and understand why you are blogging...

Pick a topic and target Nigeria...unfortunately you have already don a .com....If you want to stay on the how to blog niche, i would say do a .ng on it.

I have already tried the how to blog with a .ng website when i first started,....walahi...zero traffic.

you can do business side of blogging....people will always what to know how to do so and so business in nigeria....this will never get old

please give me your number bro, it'll go a long way in helping me understand some things. please.
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by magictonic(m): 10:19am On Feb 19, 2018
Good to know
Re: 10 Proven Strategies To Increase Your Adsense Revenue by Emeka71(m): 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
This adsense is a slow payment system.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Remove White Backgroung Of My Image In Flash / Ws_ftp License Key / I Will Give You 40 High Pr Including 20 .edu & .gov Backlinks -to Boost Your Seo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.