Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

$11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer (10693 Views)

Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic / $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer / $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Islie: 6:13am On Feb 19, 2018
Posted By: Yusuf Alli

Former First Lady Patience Jonathan’s bid to settle out of court the brewing dispute over the strange payment of $11,489,069.03 into her domiciliary accounts has been rejected.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has asked the ex-First Lady to come before a court by entering into a plea bargain in line with the laws of the land.

The agency said it would only accept a plea bargain in which the court is carried along.
Also, EFCC detectives have not been able to trace about 29 of the 31 individuals and companies which made the controversial deposits.

The development has fuelled speculations that some of the depositors are “fictitious”.
Some of the shops where the ex-First Lady visited are said to have offered to give details of how much was spent and the items bought.

The EFCC believes that an out-of-court settlement suggests that there is a dispute between two parties.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “We have considered the January 30, 2018 letter by Dame (Mrs.) Ibifaka Patience Jonathan; we are of the opinion that her offer of out-of-court settlement is strange and confounding as if there is a dispute between her and the EFCC.

“We are certainly rejecting the offer from the ex-First Lady because the EFCC does not engage in such a deal.

“But we prefer the ex-First Lady approaching a court for plea bargain in line with the relevant laws if she is ready to settle all issues. The terms of the plea bargain will be open to all parties before the court.

“I think she should emulate other high profile suspects who went to the court for plea bargain. We are ready to apply the laws in the interest of justice for all. We won’t oppose plea bargain.”

The source said the EFCC would soon make its position known to Mrs Jonathan counsel. “As an officer in the Temple of Justice, we know that the respected Senior Advocate of Nigeria(SAN) will guide the ex-First Lady accordingly,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/11-489m-efcc-rejects-patience-jonathans-settlement-offer/

7 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by IkpuNnu(f): 6:16am On Feb 19, 2018
IPOB Pigs arriving from Biafra, to defend Corruption.

62 Likes 12 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by SMSguru(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2018
She and other culprits must be brought to book.
In the school of law, every criminal no matter how highly placed must face the law.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by midolian(m): 6:20am On Feb 19, 2018
Wicked looter! I think say you no get sense before ni..

You helped your clueless husband run the country like "Mama Peace canteen" and expect the "almajiri" government to let you go? You must be high on Otueke oyel

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2018
Its obvious she cannot account for contract cashbacks given to her, she should either forfeit the $11m or fight in court..

Meanwhile... $28m/N10bn was brazenly stolen with a caption "F*uk the Minister"
by the DG of NHIS, funds meant for healthcare of civil servants, notwithstanding the N900m he was accused off, was suspended but finally re-instated by corruption himself...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by PointZerom: 6:25am On Feb 19, 2018
Every looter must face the wrath of the law.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by omenkaLives(m): 6:25am On Feb 19, 2018
SMSguru:
She and other culprits must be brought to book.
In the school of law, every criminal no matter how highly placed must face the law.
Exactly. This is a part which I think the administration is failing.

We don't want just probes and prosecution, we want to see people serving jail terms after being found guilty!

The last time I could remember any high profile crook ever serving a sentence was Bode George. Since then, all we hear is plea bargain and "not guilty" virdicts.

Not good enough.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by pejuakinab: 6:28am On Feb 19, 2018
She has more than that still stocked up somewhere. This woman should pity the future of this generation and refund more stolen money to the government. I take God beg u ma.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by PointZerom: 6:34am On Feb 19, 2018
omenkaLives:
Exactly. This is a part which I think the administration is failing.

We don't want just probes and prosecution, we want to see people serving jail terms after being found guilty!

The last time I could remember any high profile crook ever serving a sentence was Bode George. Since then, all we hear is plea bargain and "not guilty" virdicts.

Not good enough.

Mr man, add this to your tribalistic signature.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/18/herdsmen-must-kill-ango-abdullahi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by omenkaLives(m): 6:44am On Feb 19, 2018
PointZerom:

Mr man, add this to your tribalistic signature.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/18/herdsmen-must-kill-ango-abdullahi/
Añ apex body of pigs have said they support the gruesome murder of men women and children in Benue and Taraba states and I have captured it in my signature.

If that hurts you so much, go to hell. It is my space and I'd use it how I like. You could paste that one on your forehead if it pleases you, that is your space.

Bye.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by PointZerom: 6:49am On Feb 19, 2018
omenkaLives:
A body of pigs have said they support the killing of men women and children in Benue and Taraba states and I have captured it in my signature.

If that hurts you so much, go to hell. It is my space and I'd use it how I like. You could paste that one on your forehead if it pleases you, that is your space.

Bye.

Maybe you're already in hell hence your asking me to 'go to hell', pls #enjoyyourhell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by ruggedmallaam(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2018
And they want magu to be removed

3 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by omenkaLives(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2018
PointZerom:

Maybe you're already in hell hence your asking me to 'go to hell', pls #enjoyyourhell.
My toilet is broken bro. Would you be free today? You said you're a plumber didn't you? cheesy

Billionaire who spends all day on the forum crying and chasing shadows. cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:01am On Feb 19, 2018
I guess the militants have realised the futility of being used to blackmail the government, Mama Peace has therefore run out of escape options, the shameless kleptomaniac sheppopotamus is now ready to plea bargain.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2018
because she is a former first lady does not giv her room for immunity....if we agree on an out of court settlement,mthenmother politicians and office looters will continue to steal and wait for an out of court order to settle their loot.....but why is it that it is only her being a former first lady that is being tried for corruption. ...well let's watch how it will all end.

1 Like

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Flyingngel(m): 7:14am On Feb 19, 2018
You see the difference between a bigger thief and a smaller one? The bigger thief has what is call plea bargain whereas the smaller thief don't have such luxury. God will one day save us; that i can take to the bank.

4 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by docadams: 7:25am On Feb 19, 2018
Hmmmmmm

Queen of corruption

3 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by UduMgbo1: 7:54am On Feb 19, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
My toilet is broken bro. Would you be free today? You said you're a plumber didn't you? cheesy

Billionaire who spends all day on the forum crying and chasing shadows. cheesy cheesy
[/s]
shatap there
Stop behaving like a toddler
even early new week
chaii what a battered defeated weak soul grin

3 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by UduMgbo1: 7:57am On Feb 19, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
Añ apex body of pigs have said they support the gruesome murder of men women and children in Benue and Taraba states and I have captured it in my signature.

Bye.
[/s]
trash trash trash
you're the one supporting fulani herdsmen against your people just because Buhari is a fulani man
you didn't even hide your hatred for your people
what a pathetic shame

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2018
Look at how they are attacking themselves above cos of choosing sides smh! If the masses always choose side anytime a corrupt political elite is brought to book, how will this country progress? why cant y'all be unbiased for once in your life? this woman stole our money, she should plea bargain and forfeit everything, not one stupid deal outside court angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Sardonicus: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2018
Selective anti-corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Vovedoy: 9:25am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by raysleem09(m): 9:26am On Feb 19, 2018
see mama... She wan use abu money pay abu visit... Ef see see don already see you.... You better vomit back our dough

1 Like

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by MaziEDOZIE(m): 9:26am On Feb 19, 2018
This was exactly how your Odudua ancestors threw away the little brain that God deposited in you, receive sense again in Jesus name!!!
Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by rxmusa(m): 9:27am On Feb 19, 2018
Though APC is not perfect in handling Nigerian situation, its trying to be the answer to our Problems, there is no reason going back to the instigators of the problem. 
I'm not a politician but I would do everything not to have PDP in Government in Nigeria. 
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for her citizens to suffer collective amnesia. I believe PDP believes Nigerians have short memories, if not, Ibori would not have been included in their convention committee and Jonathan would not have been allowed to talk (He ended up indicting himself as usual anyway).
For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with me that what happened in Eagle square on saturday was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. 
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M 
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money? 
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening

17 Likes 11 Shares

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by muthmayinnah: 9:27am On Feb 19, 2018
Some would now say Buhari is not working

3 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by lascopes(m): 9:28am On Feb 19, 2018
I'm not so sure of all this...smh
Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by seguno2: 9:29am On Feb 19, 2018
IkpuNnu:
IPOB Pigs arriving from Biafra, to defend Corruption.

Is it that you and other commentators can’t read
I will not be surprised when Tinubu tenders public apology for the lies attributed to unnamed sources.
Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by Destined2win: 9:30am On Feb 19, 2018
Well I feel the money EFCC recovers from her selective corruption fight is being diverted to the coffers of another politician. It's just like money changing hands.

2 Likes

Re: $11.489m: EFCC Rejects Patience Jonathan’s Settlement Offer by seguno2: 9:31am On Feb 19, 2018
lascopes:
I'm not so sure of all this...smh

Na you get sense pass to read, understand and know that it is all propaganda lies from unnamed sources.
BMC people are like their Oga- illiterate!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Insurgents Kill Seven, Burn Three Villages In Borno / Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees / Aisha Buhari, Betta Edu Hold Summit For Female APC Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.