Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. (1298 Views)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by rlauncher(m): 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
Many Christians are into the habit of praying for their enemies to fall down and die. Many pastors even encourage it.. But is this right.

I believe we should not curse our enemies for the following reasons.

(1) Jesus Christ said we should pray for our enemies.

(2) Paul, the apostle said we should overcome evil with good.

(3) Peter said God does not want anyone to perish but to come to repentance.

((4) David said that at the end of your trials, God will furnish a table for you in the presence of your enemies. God wants your enemies to witness your transformation.

(5) God used Modecaiah's enemies to set him up for divine promotion.

How would God answer your prayers if you are asking God to eliminate the very person He intended to use to answer your prayers.

Your contributions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by enilove(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
rlauncher:
Many Christians are into the habit of praying for their enemies to fall down and die. Many pastors even encourage it.. But is this right.

((4) David said that at the end of your trials, God will furnish a table for you in the presence of your enemies.

How would God answer your prayers if you are asking God to eliminate the very person He intended to use to answer your prayers.

Your contributions.

The enemies they pray against are not human beings but Satan and his agents.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by StarUp: 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
Op, you have not seen dare devil unrepentant enemies that's why: the type that won't allow you breath well...always walking upandan for your downfall... The same Paul said "...Alexander the Corper Smith has done me much evil, the Lord repay him back"
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by StarUp: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
Op, you have not seen dare devil unrepentant enemies that's why: the type that won't allow you breath well...always walking upandan for your downfall... The same Paul said in 2 Tim. 4:14 "...Alexander the Corper Smith has done me much evil, the Lord repay him back according to his work"

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by rlauncher(m): 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
enilove:

I have personally witnessed people praying for family and friends whom they believed are behind their problems to fall down and die. Many people have been testifying to their problems being solved after some people died.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Treasure17(m): 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
Those prayers are not directly towards your fellow human beings but if peradventure there are stubborn enemies in human form who have made it their personal mission to bring you down at all cost must die o. This is Africa and you know wickedness and spiritually is our thing. I'm not referring to those you are having personal vendetta against. However, the word die does not necessarily mean physical death could mean stop, cease, etc. base on the context sha.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Treasure17(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Those prayers are not directly towards your fellow human beings but if peradventure there are stubborn enemies in human form who have made it their personal mission to bring you down at all cost must die o. This is Africa and you know wickedness and spiritually is our thing. I'm not referring to those you are having personal vendetta against. However, the word die does not necessarily mean physical death it could mean stop, cease, etc. base on the context sha.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Rebelutionary: 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
rlauncher:

I have personally witnessed people praying for family and friends whom they believed are behind their problems to fall down and die. Many people have been testifying to their problems being solved after some people died.
Yes! Just like a pharaoh, who said "over his dead body" for people to leave, death is what they want!

So serve it to them hot!

Actually when people pray those prayers folks like u find uncomfortable, they are praying against the demonic spirits using those human agents but...yes there are colateral damage(lol) when the human element willingly allows him/herself to be used.

The same Paul that preached LOVE made an "enemy" that wouldnt let him be BLIND abi? Acts 13:11

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by rlauncher(m): 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
Rebelutionary:

Yes! Just like a pharaoh, who said "over his dead body" for people to leave, death is what they want!

So serve it to them hot!

Actually when people pray those prayers folks like u find uncomfortable, they are praying against the demonic spirits using those human agents but...yes there are colateral damage(lol) when the human element willingly allows him/herself to be used.

The same Paul that preached LOVE made an "enemy" that wouldnt let him be BLIND abi? Acts 13:11

But Pharaoh was in the old testament.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
enilove:

Can Satan and his demon die? And why are we so worried about someone who cannot touch us?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2018
Dem never remember you yet na you get mouth to talk.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by sympathy55(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
OP you never see Battle at all... dis enemies weda in human form or spiritual fast for hundred of days to bring people down or kill dem so all we need is to kill dem all with prayers.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Rebelutionary: 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
rlauncher:

But Pharaoh was in the old testament.
And Paul the apostle of Love is in?
Please Read IITim 4:14
Your Bible calls God LOVE abi
Do you know HE is also a CONSUMING FIRE?

He is a LAMB that died on the cross
He is also a LION abi

He is our Redeemer
But He is also a JUDGE

So if you only experience HIM in only one aspect, you are not wrong BUT you are missing out on the BIG picture personality of GOD!

Read the Psalms of the man after Gods heart (David) and you will see it replete with such prayer points!

Jesus wasn't "political correct" when he took a koboko and literally whipped some folks OUT OF THE TEMPLE! Someone in our age of political correctness might say "common, he should have preached to them now" abi? So you get it!

If you have had experienced wt such demonically possessed people, you wl have a different mindset of not "petting" them!

Let's be clear, I am not in support and it is unscriptural to pray against HUMAN BEINGS since we wrestle not against flesh and blood but...
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by JesusSonOfGod: 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
rlauncher:

((4) David said that at the end of your trials, God will furnish a table for you in the presence of your enemies. God wants your enemies to witness your transformation.

Your contributions.

You are very correct. These days most of the Christians go to church just to go and declare the death of their enemies, which is contrary to what Jesus commanded. That is not Christianity.

We should be after living righteously, we should be concerned with seeking first the Kingdom of God. We should be after living Christ-like lives, we should be concerned in engaging in the pursuit on acquiring knowledge of the word of God. We should be preaching love and living love, because God is Love and He lives in us, instead of praying /wishing death on our enemies. Below is an important scripture.

Proverbs 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by JesusSonOfGod: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2018
rlauncher:

Your contributions.

Nice one. Please, advocate more on this. A lot of Christians have lost it.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Rebelutionary: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
rlauncher:

Yes He did, but He didn't give us a prayerpoint(lol) so you are at liberty as lead by the HolySpirit to pray a double-edged prayer point from a heart devoid of hate e.g Father, touch the heart of so and so, let him/ her accept you as lord and savoiur BUT if he/she refuses and their headstrong on harming me, O Man of war fight for me! Gbam...I guess it makes you feel good but it covers all the bases

The same Paul "didn't overcome the evil of that sorcerer" when he made him blind Na! Gospel Truth: Know when to draw when to draw the line

Of course God doesn't want anyone to perish that's why He gave us a WILL to choose between good and evil! If the fella willingly chooses EVIL OVER GOOD and REFUSED to heed spiritual warning shots, then they will reap the CONSEQUENCES OF their CHOICE!

My brother a whole lot of heavy weapons for spiritual battle was actually penned by this man...Please go read the Psalms and you will see enough that will scare you!(lol)

Ah brother you can't imagine the kind of prayers Mordecai, Esther and company were praying when they were confronted by a haman who wanted to eliminate them? Oh u think they were praying, "Father, bless Haman abi?" My brother, they were firing HOT missiles at Haman!

God doesn't answer a prayer "targeted at a human being borne out of hate or malice but He is a God of war that fights for His own when His own get threatened!

Your contributions.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by JesusSonOfGod: 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2018
enilove:

Satan and his agents do not die. You will never find any place where Jesus or His disciples commanded Satan or his agents to die, instead the casted them out. Jesus said we should resist the devil and he will flee, He didn't say He will die.

Do you know its even wrong to command Satan to die. See scripture below

Jude 9-11 New International Version (NIV)

9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”[a] 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by rlauncher(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
Rebelutionary:

He is also a LION abi

He is our Redeemer
But He is also a JUDGE

So if you only experience HIM in only one aspect, you are not wrong BUT you are missing out on the BIG picture personality of GOD!

Read the Psalms of the man after Gods heart (David) and you will see it replete with such prayer points!

Jesus wasn't "political correct" when he took a koboko and literally whipped some folks OUT OF THE TEMPLE! Someone in our age of political correctness might say "common, he should have preached to them now" abi? So you get it!

If you have had experienced wt such demonically possessed people, you wl have a different mindset of not "petting" them!

Let's be clear, I am not in support and it is unscriptural to pray against HUMAN BEINGS since we wrestle not against flesh and blood but...

Jesus, Paul or any other New Testament authority never prayed for their enemies to fall down and die.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by rlauncher(m): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote author=Rebelutionary post=65236423][/quote]

Are you advocating for a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye that the Lord Jesus warned against. Vengeance is mine. I will repay it said the Lord.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Rebelutionary: 7:55am On Feb 21, 2018
rlauncher:

Are you advocating for a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye that the Lord Jesus warned against. Vengeance is mine. I will repay it said the Lord.
If that's how you interprete all that's been said in here then I leave you to keep praying for your spiritual enemies who use human agents to prosper against you! Eph 6:12 suffices!

The rule is simple; do them all the good you can by so doing as the bibles say you heap coals of fire on them but pray against the forces that is using them against you!

Jesus recognised the negative force that had taken over Peter when he started speaking negatively about His death on the cross and he addressed it by saying "Get thee behind me devil".

Oga I know the problem folks like you have...its the terminology "die" abi? Nothing stops you and it doesn't take away from the effectiveness of the prayer if you say something else!
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Rebelutionary: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2018
rlauncher:

Jesus, Paul or any other New Testament authority never prayed for their enemies to fall down and die.
Keep shifting the post just so you feel good! Now its only New Testament no longer "David" and Mordecai all the old testament abi which you mentioned in your original post!

I have furnished you with copious instances in the bible and am not the Holy spirit to convince you of anything!

Have a nice day!
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by rlauncher(m): 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
Rebelutionary:

He is also a LION abi

He is our Redeemer
But He is also a JUDGE

How do you explain John3:17 which says, ' God did not send His Son into the World to condemn the World, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Re: Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. by Rebelutionary: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
rlauncher:

How do you explain John3:17 which says, ' God did not send His Son into the World to condemn the World, but that the world through Him might be saved.
I was done with this with my last post but I wl oblige you all the same- this last time!

I wrote about the dual nature of God which I guess is not "cool" for folks like you who believe we should ONLY look at God through ONE lens; nope bro!

John 3:17-In three words- God is Love!
But at the same time
Heb 4:24- God is a consuming fire...oh this is not cool to you when I decide to call on this God against a stubborn enemy who wouldn't let go!

Simply put, I LOVE as God commands just like Paul was doing when he was out preaching but am ready to make you BLIND if you withstand me like that sorcerer!

Ultimately Jesus came to DIE ON THE CROSS but He WHIPPED some folks OUT OF THE TEMPLE when they defiled the temple! Or how else do you explain that portion of scripture?

Have you ever questioned why Jesus did that when His mission was to win souls to the kingdom? There you have ur answer free of charge!

If you don't understand the dual nature of God, you won't understand all am telling you.

God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

When Faith Is Intact / My Dream About Rapture / Religion Befuddles The Mind, Its : Mindless. =/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.