Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! (13062 Views)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / How To Switch To A Career In Data Analysis / I Found My Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by jobbitto(m): 2:32am On Feb 20, 2018
Hello guys, my name is Fabian, a graduate of surveying and geoinformatics, now a graphic designer. I have worked with many companies here in Lagos. Companies i have worked with. i got through this forum. Thanks to Nairaland.

I want to switch back to what i studied but i am confused. Last month i went for an interview on the island, after the interview, the HR of the company told me that he would advise me to go back to the east and practice my profession because surveying is very lucrative there. On that note, he didnt give me the job haven passed the interview.

The HR said he too studied surveying and he is regretting why he didnt practise but advices people who studied same to go practise.

Because of this, I am now thinking if maybe i am wasting my time in what i do since what i studied as he said is lucrative.

Please i need advise on what to do.

Mr. Seun, please help me. I really need your advise and the advise of others.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Donpoker9(m): 6:42am On Feb 20, 2018
You musnt really practice land surveying because for you to get registered you have to write a professional exam (I expect you to know that) but you can get a work over their in lag in construction, oil, offshore companies or even surveying firms.

Or you can simply enroll for your pupilage... Or continue your graphics work

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by jobbitto(m): 6:51am On Feb 20, 2018
I know i would av to write surcon exam before becoming registered, and i wish to write although i am nt yet financially ok to take the exam.
Donpoker9:
You musnt really practice land surveying because for you to get registered you have to write a professional exam (I expect you to know that) but you can get a work over their in lag in construction, oil, offshore companies or even surveying firms.

Or you can simply enroll for your pupilage... Or continue your graphics work
Before i switched to graphics i had looked for survey firms in lagos to work with and all i get from those firms is, there is no much job here. For me to enrol for pupilage, wont i work under a surveyor?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by ggoldmine: 8:23am On Feb 20, 2018
jobbitto:
Hello guys, my name is Fabian, a graduate of surveying and geoinformatics, now a graphic designer. I have worked with many companies here in Lagos. Companies i have worked with. i got through this forum. Thanks to Nairaland.

I want to switch back to what i studied but i am confused. Last month i went for an interview on the island, after the interview, the HR of the company told me that he would advise me to go back to the east and practice my profession because surveying is very lucrative there. On that note, he didnt give me the job haven passed the interview.

The HR said he too studied surveying and he is regretting why he didnt practise but advices people who studied same to go practise.

Because of this, I am now thinking if maybe i am wasting my time in what i do since what i studied as he said is lucrative.

anierobi.fabian@gmail.com

Thank you.

What do you really want? Why did you switch to Graphics instead of other skills?…could be passion. Why did you study Survey in school?…could be desperation for admission. Do what your heart really wants; Graphics design could be your goldmine, Survey could also be your pot of gold. Some interviewers have a way of intimidating candidates by passing their regretful past onto their candidates. No need to fret.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2018
grin....... When you finally reached the East ......... Abeg join the Palm Wine Institute of Eastern Nigeria. .. grin

18 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Nutase: 8:43am On Feb 20, 2018
grin
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by akeentech(m): 8:44am On Feb 20, 2018
YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOU BACK. VILLAGE PEOPLE USING THE HR TO CONVEY THEIR MESSAGE.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by voolee: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2018
what is confusing you there

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by congo4ka: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2018
Another fake story...pay per click story angry

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Premiumwriter: 8:46am On Feb 20, 2018
At a cross road grin
Dude thought graphic design is quite lucrative but now he's not making much from it, so he wants to return to his profession.

Guy man up and be ur own boss grin

But run to your profession if be ur own boss is not paying o
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Lifebender(m): 8:46am On Feb 20, 2018
The grass is not always greener at the other side of the fence,It is greener where you watered it.JB

Now saying your major is lucrative in the east could be true,but what are your chances when you finally go back to the east should be your chances.Mind you,if it were to be so,you wouldn't be the only person with that mindset.
In all, I'll just tell you to turn your passion into your hobby, don't leave what you are doing because someone suggested something,it's your life,not theirs.If he really wanted to help he should have offered you that job and not tell you to go back to east.

Take your time,do your surveys,get informations
and pray about it.
Best wishes.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by lsoul: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2018
don't mind the HR man oo! he no want give u the job? why didn't he relocate to the village or east? but in lagos? he no like money abi? dnt mind them that's how they behave when they don't want to help you. just like pple overseas telling don't come here, this place is hard, yet they don't come back home

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2018
jobbitto:

Thank you.

Many graduates, are engaged in professions contrary to their certifications....

If you are earning well and happy, keep designing.....

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by adisabarber(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2018
When you no fit afford data again you go know say wetin put food for person belle na hin profession.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by vislabraye(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2018
jobbitto:

Thank you.

Hmm... . You need to do a thorough research before you jump in. There's really no guarantee that you'll do better in the new field you're considering.
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by sotall(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2018
Ok
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by clemmonce(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2018
jobbitto:

Thank you.
what is confusing you ? Go back and practice what you studied if it pays you, stick to it, if it does not ,you know what to do

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by chuks34(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2018
Graphic designer any day any time cool grin
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by stankezzy: 8:56am On Feb 20, 2018
My roommate that studied the same course as yours he stays near onitsha is now made , he has cars and an upstairs of his own , there are lots of new site in East especially anambra, he has no worked more than 5 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by clemmonce(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2018
stankezzy:
My roommate that studied the same course as yours he stays near onitsha is now made , he has cars and an upstairs of his own , there are lots of new site in East especially anambra, he has no worked more than 5 years
typical thinking of a Nigerian... he has cars and so on.... the OP now will think it is an easy venture .... just start and in a short period of time you will buy a car.... Lol... Op you will need perseverance , handwork and dedication.... Success is a gradual thing.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by ganiyu26(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2018
U need deliverance sir grin
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Apination(m): 9:05am On Feb 20, 2018
A bird at hand is worth 100+ in the bush. If it was that lucrative, why did he not quit his position and go practice undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by ganiyu26(m): 9:07am On Feb 20, 2018
U need deliverance sir [color=#990000][/color] grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Goldenheart(m): 9:07am On Feb 20, 2018
Graphic Design is Bae kiss

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by AntiWailer: 9:08am On Feb 20, 2018
The hr guy no gbadun ur work.
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by opalu: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2018
When you mix your Profession (Surveying) plus Passion (Graphic design) you would become a Hotcake.
For instance a Housing Development company like ours can give you a work to do both Surveying and Designing.
However you would be under a more experienced Surveyor who would teach you the basics. What I can tell you is that you condition your mind that you are not working for money because you are starting a PRACTICAL TRAINING. Mistake that most inexperienced jobseekers make is to be demanding for the salary of highly experienced professionals. Work to learn not work for money. Final advice:- Don't go back to the east until you have mastered your field in the city.
Send your CV to daystarshelter@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Arthurmillz(m): 9:11am On Feb 20, 2018
jobbitto:

Thank you.
Bro can you link me with any of the companies you worked as a Graphics designer? Will really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by ucheuzor1(m): 9:13am On Feb 20, 2018
as far as I know, quantity surveying is a very lucrative course...I have seen so many rich men in Warri here, they are all surveyors. some work with ministry while some own their own firm.

my advice is practice what u studied. sometimes changing environment is very necessary. it mustn't be Lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by Stevengerd(m): 9:16am On Feb 20, 2018
See The way this bastards take deh confuse people... Op follow your mind, dnt mind one useless HR telling you to go back to the village.
Re: I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! by jashar(f): 9:25am On Feb 20, 2018
hmmm....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only 20 Out Of 85 Directors Passed Perm Sec Promotion Exams / Possibilities With MPH / Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.