Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

A Question To The Federal Government by an Angry Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question To The Federal Government by an Angry Nigerian (375 Views)

Angry Nigerian Confronts INEC Official & Oyinbo Man Caught Altering Results / The 40+ Historical Issues Tackled By The Buhari Government By Zara Gift Onyinye / An Open Letter to Federal Government by Great Ife Students' Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question To The Federal Government by an Angry Nigerian by Gpowerstechnlgy(m): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2018
Hello, fellow Nigerians.
The evil on going in this our dear nation has gotten out of hand. If I begin to enumerate them the list will surely be lengthy, the list can stretch from Akwaibom to Borno. Are we gonna talk about corrupt politicians, ranging from the executive down to the grassroots ?
Every day, a common man who may not have the required resources to afford a pay-go TV station like Channels, TVC etc will end up being bored while watching the national TV (NTA).
I swear! The worst public announcement that made me to stop watching NTA is the one that talks about Nigerian police practicing in the best international standard. When ever I see this announcement I totally get upset.
Who doesn't know about the extortion ongoing on our roads, be it federal highways, state roads, even an ordinary kilometer street. Our armed forces are every where be it the military, police, just name them. Day in day out we keep hearing "we're fighting corruption". How can a criminal be fighting a criminal? How can one who extorts money from the poor masses be fighting corruption ?
What is the difference between a highway robber and a uniform man who shoots you when you refuse to give him your hard earned money? The military, the Nigerian army officer will station a jobless youth to be extorting money from hard working Nigerians. You won't even understand what's going on, you may even mistake these errand boys for state revenue collectors.
Gone are the days when police men were known for N20, these days they take nothing less than N50 whereas the highway patrol go for nothing less than N100 just like the military men.
No government in Nigeria has been able to address this issue, I repeat NO GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA HAS BEEN ABLE TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. Our leaders use these roads, they can't deny it. Any one who pretends to be ignorant of this is worse than the devil.
How can we be paying the armed forces and they still turn around to steal from us? Is it no longer a crime for the employee to steal from the employer?
Somebody should tell us what is going on in this nation. How sure are we that there's a law against extortion on our roads.
While we're complaining about poor road infrastructure in the country, they go on causing heavy gridlock on the little available roads.
I have come to the conclusion that they remit all their extortions to the government coffers. It is either the federal government stops paying our armed forces or they stop this wickedness. Can someone explain to me how a low income earner will feel, a driver who buys petrol at a devilishly exorbitant price and is still been stolen from by those who swore to protect us with their lives?
The Federal government, Ibrahim Kpotum Idris, Tukur Buratai and co should tell us if this is their handiwork, if not they should act fast.
The same question remains, are they remitting this money, aunty Kemi Adeosun?
I can vividly recall that I nearly got shot sometime last year while coming back from work around 5pm.
There was a heavy gridlock, when I say heavy gridlock I mean heavy one. I was in a tricycle (keke) for hours, only God knows how long. When we got to a point, I noticed that the road was totally free and empty, it was just the routine extortion. I told the woman beside me; so these police men have been behind this gridlock. One of them overhead our conversation and pulled us over, he punched me, tore my shirt, when he went for his riffle people began begging him.
Last year, a driver lost his life in the hands of this criminals in uniform for not giving one of them N100, people nearly set a bank ablaze because the police man sought refuge in that bank.
This year; from Edo to Imo, when will all these nonsense stop? No one has been jailed, or dismissed.
It is either they are remitting this money to government coffers or the IG or chief of army staff have a hand in this. They should come out to tell us what's going on. I repeat, the presidency, Kemi Adeosun should also tell us if this is another avenue for generating the revenue. I weep for this nation.

Re: A Question To The Federal Government by an Angry Nigerian by Gpowerstechnlgy(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2018
For those who use the old road to Umuahia, you'll always see this boy extorting for the military men at Itu Ngwa market.
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and maclatun

Re: A Question To The Federal Government by an Angry Nigerian by dlondonbadboy: 10:58am On Feb 20, 2018
Gpowerstechnlgy:
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and maclatun

Lol, you expect this to get to front page?

My guy, if Nigeria tire you...leave.
Re: A Question To The Federal Government by an Angry Nigerian by Gpowerstechnlgy(m): 11:08am On Feb 20, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Lol, you expect this to get to front page?

My guy, if Nigeria tire you...leave.
Why not?

(1) (Reply)

Oyegun: Another Survival From The Jaws Of Defeat / No Governor Has Surpassed Aregbesola In Youth Empowerment, Ajibola Bashiru / What You Must Know Before Buying Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.