Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert (193211 Views)

Plase Anyone Working At Tek-expert Contact Me ASAP / I Got An Invitation For An Interview At Tek-expert Need Help If Its Worth It / Invitation For Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by mendoakala(m): 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
sholaball:
Why do people act like dis? What is so strange about revealing what salary range? One you are using a moniker, second the salary range of most banks are known. Mehn I tire for our backward mentality
one thing you guys don't understand is that he might not want his wife and family members to know his salary

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
sholaball:
Why do people act like dis? What is so strange about revealing what salary range? One you are using a moniker, second the salary range of most banks are known. Mehn I tire for our backward mentality

Ok, according to your "forward mentality", everyone should post their offers here. What if those that negotiated less saw the offers of those that negotiated more for the exact same job, how would they feel?

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by fmarshal(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
I wouldn't call it "backward mentality". Some people don't feel comfortable throwing caution to the wind. The fact that you do feel comfortable simply means you're well braced for any impact. But that shouldn't negate the mentality of those that differ bro.

sholaball:
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by selenium(m): 6:13am On Mar 05, 2018
timmyoj:
Hello all, I also got an offer from them, I am yet to accept though. The pay stated in their offer is the gross pay, and the break down is not detailed, meaning the take home after deductions will be less than what they offered.

Still giving it a thought, cos my current pay is more than the offer, though they seem to have a better structure and more organized and also opportunities for career growth is higher with them, but then a decision for a pay cut must be really worth it if am to accept the offer.

Congrats to others who got the offer too, and best of luck to those still expecting.

Mind me asking? What's your IT background?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by selenium(m): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2018
OgidiOlu3:

Ok, according to your "forward mentality", everyone should post their offers here. What if those that negotiated less saw the offers of those that negotiated more for the exact same job, how would they feel?

He's made a fair point IMHO. I think it's just the way he's approached it that's awry. I've worked in about 3 places and I've not for once seen disclosure of salary as a breach of contract.

While it might be bad for team morale, I'm of the opinion you were okay with the pay when you were offered so why get jealous of someone with more negotiating power. In fact it helps the next person called for an offer cos then he has an idea of what was offered someone else and can negotiate within the range.

What's the purpose of the thread if not to share information freely. I'm here under a pseudonym and no one would ever know who I am except I choose to reveal it. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone here start begging anybody for money just cos you got a job with Tek-experts.

Please if after my story you're still not obliged to disclose, kindly go and do a salary review on glassdoor. It'll help others.

5 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by toro92: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2018
All this rant about salary... some of us are still waiting to be called here oo.. smiley
Instead of asking what someone eventually got to negotiate yours... Using the range given before the assessment and your expectations.. you should be able to find a balance when the real negotiations starts.
Although I might say instead of declaring the eventual salary... a range might have been good which will not exposed the exact thing..
My 1Cent

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by olakunor: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Its funny the way and manner we talk about salary structure like it market things...a firm already has a salary structure irrespective of your negotiating power...most of need the job more than anything..like they jobless,they then come talking like they are one expert and the company is one seeking u like no other. So its not breach of contract if reveal,let's be open if truely we are concern about our selves.some say 150k and some say they are offered 170, why the lies? For me,am still waiting to be called. Any info on billing and subscription?

3 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by opeyemode: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2018
has anyone heard anything from them (jobberman or tek experts) today abt billing and subscription?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by mendoakala(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2018
I am also waiting oooo
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by opeyemode: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2018
I just placed a call to jobberman to ask abt situation of things particularly abt billing and subscription. i was told the calls are still ongoing and they are in batches. as for billing and subscription, not yet but very soon. how soon? the guy wasn't sure.
let's all be hopeful.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2018
olakunor:
Its funny the way and manner we talk about salary structure like it market things...a firm already has a salary structure irrespective of your negotiating power...most of need the job more than anything..like they jobless,they then come talking like they are one expert and the company is one seeking u like no other. So its not breach of contract if reveal,let's be open if truely we are concern about our selves.some say 150k and some say they are offered 170, why the lies? For me,am still waiting to be called. Any info on billing and subscription?

@bold, how did you come to that conclusion? Why do you think they are lying?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ginkus(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2018
opeyemode:
I just placed a call to jobberman to ask abt situation of things particularly abt billing and subscription. i was told the calls are still ongoing and they are in batches. as for billing and subscription, not yet but very soon. how soon? the guy wasn't sure.
let's all be hopeful.
Thanks for the info
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ettta(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
olakunor:

To be honest the offer letter doesnt give the actual monthly salary, you'll have to figure it out yourself but it falls within that range 140 -160 ( Azure Support Engineer )
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by sholaball: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=OgidiOlu3 post=65562117]

Ok, according to your "forward mentality", everyone should post their offers here. What if those that negotiated less saw the offers of those that negotiated more for the exact same job, how would they feel?[

You read what I wrote, I didn't say therein you or anyone to post. I made emphasis on giving a range. What is so unprofessional giving a range?, no one said post your offer letter
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chigo4404(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
ginkus:

Thanks for the info
Thanks for the update@Opeyemode
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Ohai4th: 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
Information reaching me is that, those persons that will be resuming by April 4th are the ones they called. Please someone should confirm this info. Thank you.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ginkus(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
Was anyone called today?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by opeyemode: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ohai4th:
Information reaching me is that, those persons that will be resuming by April 4th are the ones they called. Please someone should confirm this info. Thank you.

perhaps for support guys. I was told the call is still ongoing and will be done in batches. for billing and subscription, was also told it hasn't started.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Rizmo(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Rizmo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
back.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Rizmo(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
ghpsi:

I still want to know lol
Got the mail on Saturday. Went through it. never knew document sent to me was not complete. Pages 16 and 17 where I was supposed to sign, scan and resend to the mail provided were missing. My document stopped at page 15. Just sent a mail to Carol McCarthy concerning the issue. Just want to know, your page 16 and 17 are they customised? If no, can I get them please? So I can sign and send it back. I have only tomorrow to do that.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ghpsi: 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
Rizmo:

Got the mail on Saturday. Went through it. never knew document sent to me was not complete. Pages 16 and 17 where I was supposed to sign, scan and resend to the mail provided were missing. My document stopped at page 15. Just sent a mail to Carol McCarthy concerning the issue. Just want to know, your page 16 and 17 are they customised? If no, can I get them please? So I can sign and send it back. I have only tomorrow to do that.

Saw your pm. Reply my email, let's talk
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
Rizmo:

Most people's document stops at page 15, I sent a mail to Madam Carol yesterday and she said it might have been a mistake from her. She asked that I sign page 14 and 15.

Since you have already sent her a mail, why don't you just await her response?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Rizmo(m): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

Most people's document stops at page 15, I sent a mail to Madam Carol yesterday and she said it might have been a mistake from her. She asked that I sign page 14 and 15.

Since you have already sent her a mail, why don't you just await her response?
Thanks. She has replied. She asked to use 14 and 15.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Rizmo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
ghpsi:

Saw your pm. Reply my email, let's talk
Replied. Sorted out already.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
Rizmo:

Thanks. She has replied. She asked to use 14 and 15.

You welcome
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by timmyoj(m): 7:55am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello house, please has anyone undergone the background check they mentioned in the offer mail
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by selenium(m): 8:43am On Mar 06, 2018
Please can anyone help with Carol's e-mail address?

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by opeyemode: 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
any positive news from anyone today for billing and sub?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by damibravo(m): 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
So is that all for the Support role?

Like those of us that haven't gotten a call or mail should goan chill...
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ginkus(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Was anyone called this week?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Ohai4th: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
damibravo:
So is that all for the Support role?

Like those of us that haven't gotten a call or mail should goan chill...

Hmmmm.. Am very positive that, that is all for now! The best way to confirm is to get the HR's email address of tek-expert and confirm ourselves, so we can move on. My suggestion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Is Recruiting For Graduate Trainees 2017 / Nigerian Army Shortlist Names Of Successful Candidates For SSC And DSSC 2010 / Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps(nscdc) 2015/2016 Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.