Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,742 members, 7,837,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Nigerian Constitution Now On An Open Platform (github) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Constitution Now On An Open Platform (github) (274 Views)

NYSC Scandal: Adebayo Shittu Lied! 1979 Constitution Did Not Contradict NYSC Act / Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Constitution Now Suspended – Fayose Cries Out / Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Constitution Now Suspended, Fayose Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Constitution Now On An Open Platform (github) by mykeels(m): 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
With a lot of Nigeria's public documents, accessibility is a huge concern. Getting the documents is hard, and when successfully obtained, they are in formats like PDF which are difficult to search and make use of.

Because of this, I have embarked on a project to compile the 1999 Nigerian constitution (complete) and Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (in-progress) in usable, editable formats. Not for my personal use, but for the use of the public.

Constitution: https://github.com/mykeels/nigerian-constitution
Laws: https://github.com/mykeels/nigerian-laws

I started with the constitution, because it is the contract that defines who we are as Nigerians, and our responsibility to our Nation.

I am embarking on the laws project, because we as citizens need a way to search and track the laws that we have to live by. They are so many, and a lot of them do not exist in pubic records. If we do not begin now, we'll find ourselves living by laws that are inhumane and not know how we got there.

They are on GitHub, because it provides an open platform for collaboration, so if you have access to missing laws, you can indicate and help to add them.

Let's work together to build a country our children will be proud to live in.

GOD Bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Constitution Now On An Open Platform (github) by cherish(m): 11:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good work

(1) (Reply)

The Ravens / Nigerian Military Accuses Amnesty International Of Spreading Falsehood / How Lloydfather Looks Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.