Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival (21412 Views)

Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event / Aje Festival 2020 / PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife At Eid Prayer Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by macof(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
mayowascholar:
iku baba yeye

That is Alaafin not Ooni

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by BABANGBALI: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
That first photo is man inhumanity to fowl

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Emmasteev(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
kitaatita:
The same Ooni will go and prostrate in Church.
ISESE LAGBA,FORGET BEING PROSTRATE AT CHURCH
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by ikorodureporta: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nwades:
Yoruba's are too diabolic, juju pipl

Do u know that its a worldwide thing? Its celebrated 5days afta the Chinese new year

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
See as pictures clear die. Eiish! I need to know if it was a phone or digital camera that took those pics.
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Mejor79(m): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
So he should ignore the tradition that made him because of a White project in African in name of Church.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by YoungLionken(m): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
Awon paparazzi oba. Today aje, 2mao church, d oda day Europe /America sharing biscuits with younglies. How pathetic

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Eazi1(m): 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
neveryou:

i disagree
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by FakoMaybach1: 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is one of the things i love about the yorubas, they kept their history, their culture and their traditions.

This festival does not make you a sinner and abstaining from it doesnt make you a saint either, great nations of the world keep their festivals we have Oktoberfest by the Germans, there i saw a pope with his big jar of beer, aby na Dhiwhaili of the Indians, even the Spanish tomato festival aby na chinese new year..

All over the world people celebrate their own, only fanatics will condemn this, Abeg my yoruba brothers how dem dey take talk am "Ki Ade kpe lori Ki bata Kpe lese" Kudos to the OOni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
Serving God and the gods

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by ekestic1976(f): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
kestare:
A great Yoruba Man.

. . . a great African!
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Daboomb: 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Ooni is a Gee.

This is what happens when we give the young a position of power
Action! Success! innovations! to talk of a few.

I hope we get a president this young soon in Nigeria!

Unfortunately, the Oni of Ife, the paramount Yoruba-King, the "igbakeji-orisa" in Yoruba culture, DOES NOT REQUIRE "a Gee'!
That position requires a sober, mentally-matured and spiritually-matured individual, not this gallivanting, party-freak cry cry

This individual has turned that "Oni-stool" of an Events/Party laughing stock and has brought noting but disgrace to that stool

I am sure our fore-fathers must be turning in their grave and wondering what "a Gee" is doing on the throne? shocked shocked shocked

But it all falls into 'pattern" of the general decay and malaise in the present generation.
Like Eedris AbdulKareem will croone... Every scatter-scatter, gboosa-Gboosa....
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Daboomb: 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nwades:
Yoruba's are too diabolic, juju pipl

That which ignorant people dont understand, is always a mystery to them..... dolts call it wizardry. grin grin grin grin

Sorry, omo-yiibo. grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Funkybabee(f): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
Eazi1:
am with u bro

You will bro ooo..Am a lady pls

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by MAURI: 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
Stop all this rubbish & waste of resources people. Upon all, electricity no dey, lack of good roads / infrastructures, no healthcare system, hunger in the land. So what positive things does this contibute to the community, State, Nigeria & it's people!?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Eazi1(m): 6:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Funkybabee:

You will bro ooo..Am a lady pls
oh!!!....very sory funkybabee.....i thought i was minforing to a guy"...
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Olu317(m): 4:38am On Feb 26, 2018
postiva:
Iku baba yeye

Iku baba yèyè is not Ooni's antonomasia but Alaafin's. Ooniosa/Ooniorisa or Igba Kèji Orisa is more like it . Perhaps, you can give him your own antonomasia if need be. After all, you appreciate his position and personality the same way as many of us do.

Cheers
Re: Photos Of Ooni Of Ife At The Aje Festival by Olu317(m): 5:25am On Feb 26, 2018
Daboomb:

Unfortunately, the Oni of Ife, the paramount Yoruba-King, the "igbakeji-orisa" in Yoruba culture, DOES NOT REQUIRE "a Gee'!
That position requires a sober, mentally-matured and spiritually-matured individual, not this gallivanting, party-freak cry cry

This individual has turned that "Oni-stool" of an Events/Party laughing stock and has brought noting but disgrace to that stool

I am sure our fore-fathers must be turning in their grave and wondering what "a Gee" is doing on the throne? shocked shocked shocked

But it all falls into 'pattern" of the general decay and malaise in the present generation.
Like Eedris AbdulKareem will croone... Every scatter-scatter, gboosa-Gboosa....
Reading piece as this sickens me when you as a yoruba man , call Ooni ; ‘A GEE' . Gee is strictly either money (dollar ) or word use to show surprise ,so it didnt fit . And am sure you mean ‘G' ,used on street, which literary mean ,A Gangster. Is Ooni a gangster ? As you had tried to defend the Yoruba tradition when you inferred ,‘dolts call it wizardry?' So also, you need take caution when inferring on Ooni's throne or any Yoruba king . After all, you are expected to be in the personage of Omoluabi—Omo Olu—Iwa—Bi. Lastly, Eedris Abdulkareem is not worth being used to reflect on the situation of a country because he sung .....ria Jagajaga Af..a scatter scatter and some hail him . But today, Eedris Abdulkareem has nosedived and lowly rated. This simply mean in Eedris's case , Practice what you preach. Be wary to be in a hurry to judge people my dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions / What Does Birthmarks/moles Signifies? / The Ways Of A Bini(edo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.