Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood (42910 Views)

Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members / Father Ezeaka Felix Sunday Celebrates 5 Years Of Priesthood In Cameroon (Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Reportmusic(f): 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2018

A Nigerian Catholic priest, Rev. Patrick Henry Edet,who resigned months ago is set to walk down the aisle March 17, 2018.

According to NewTelegraph, the disclosure was made by Edet on Tuesday during his Grace Family service.

Edet had said while resigning back in July, 2017;

“the resignation marked the beginning of ‘freedom’ for his spirit and soul.

From today henceforth, I cease to be a Catholic priest, in my spirit and in my soul. I forgive those who will criticise me, I live for God. I seek freedom for my soul. As I leave, I leave smiling. I am so happy that I am free.” .

Not stopping there, he revealed he won’t be continuing with the Catholic Church due to peace finding a way to desert him while he was there.

Edet added that after 11 long years, he felt now is the time to leave as he was feeling boxed in, a feeling that was affecting his personal relationship with God.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/22/nigerian-priest-set-walk-aisle-months-resignation/

10 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Lilimax(f): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
First to comment grin

Glad the priest quietly resigned instead of indulging in secret sin of fornication shocked

He took the oath of priesthood openly and still resigned openly.
To me, his action does not make him less Christian than when he was a priest.

Wishing him a happy married life in advance smiley

307 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by NonFarmPayrol: 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
shocked

Correct man

Don't see why someone should cage himself In the name of father ship

Reason so many of them keep secret relationship

undecided

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by ShitHead(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
He had been fvcking her for long, maybe inside church too, before he resigned. He just decided to make it official. Pusssy sweet shaaa. Pusssy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by kolafolabi(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
Its better than others who still remain fathers and yet fornicate around.. Kudos to your decision

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Shakushaku1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
Power of the pussy.. Ride on priest!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by EmmaEma: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
When the pussy has made you seen heaven on cloud nine grin grin grin grin

Heavenly pussy grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by dotun4luv(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
Space booked
Meanwhile, missed Black Panther? Download it here:
https://www.gadgetswright.com/where-to-download-black-panther-movie-full-movie
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Wazzaowner(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Badgers14: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
I wish him all the best.

It is better he resigned and got married than getting it by the side and deceiving some members.

29 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Abfayrouz: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
first to read
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Apination(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
Instead of the idiot to jejely leave in peace, he has decided to criticize the same institution that made him what he is, as if he is the first person to leave the priesthood. He wasn't at peace with God as a priest but was at peace with the money he made from being there, stupid hypocrite! undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by joeaz58(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
winkbaba self wan chop apple

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Eazi1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
priest that get sense

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Tobicrystal(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Ivanlxi(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Sunofgod(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
He must have tasted toto whilst he was a priest...

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by gucro: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Welcome development! If you're tired of the priesthood, resign and be free rather than commit sacrileges

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by NairaMaster1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
He needs a woman in his life.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by fogechi: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
Good for him. contrary to peoples opinion his resignation might not be connected to sex.

you need the Grace of God to stay above SEXUAL SIN. at a point in ones spiritual life sex becomes nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by amnesty7: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
Other pretenders and liars like Kukah, take note.
As long as your biology remains that of humans, you must either do it openly and sincerely or be a hypocrite. No 3rd option.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by LZAA: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
Reportmusic:

A Nigerian Catholic priest, Rev. Patrick Henry Edet,who resigned months ago is set to walk down the aisle March 17, 2018.

According to NewTelegraph, the disclosure was made by Edet on Tuesday during his Grace Family service.

Edet had said while resigning back in July, 2017;

“the resignation marked the beginning of ‘freedom’ for his spirit and soul.

From today henceforth, I cease to be a Catholic priest, in my spirit and in my soul. I forgive those who will criticise me, I live for God. I seek freedom for my soul. As I leave, I leave smiling. I am so happy that I am free.” .

Not stopping there, he revealed he won’t be continuing with the Catholic Church due to peace finding a way to desert him while he was there.

Edet added that after 11 long years, he felt now is the time to leave as he was feeling boxed in, a feeling that was affecting his personal relationship with God.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/22/nigerian-priest-set-walk-aisle-months-resignation/
Nobody forced him to become a priest
he went to the seminary on his own
the catholic church is very clear on its rules and will never bend to the rules of the flesh
make no mistakes priests sin,that they do
and they do penance for it

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by afamaustin(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
He most be from Akwaibom

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Jayson1: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lol, the nigga have seen the light. He will no longer use Priesthood, he will start using MANHOOD.

Nothing beats a tight warmth pussy and sucking two beautiful firm mounds breast looking like calabashes turned upside down.

You made the right choice Ex-father Patrick. Enjoy the pussy sir.

9 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by MrImole: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Smart man
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Tynasparks(f): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Better than fornicating behind closed door.. Happy for him

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Kingsley10000: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
KONJI NA BASTARD

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by 007author(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Catholic Church issa useless church

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Quality20(m): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
I disagree. his resignation isn't accepted. After enjoying all d privileges for years, now he no longer wants to be part of it? if his resignation is allowed to stand, other promising guys will follow his example

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Lilimax(f): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
007author:
Catholic Church issa useless church
Huh?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masquerades Invade Church, Flog Pastors, Worshipers On August 31, 2015 At 5:36 / Dunsin Oyekan Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos, Video) / My 1 Years Old Is A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.