Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood (42938 Views)

Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members / Father Ezeaka Felix Sunday Celebrates 5 Years Of Priesthood In Cameroon (Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by lawalosky(m): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Koolking(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
1 Corinthians 7:7-9 has bore fruit in his life.

I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by tydi(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
007author:
Catholic Church issa useless church

Come my house come collect your remaining sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by iammarvellux(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
It IS better to get MARRIED than burn with sexual desires.

6 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
Quality20:
I disagree. his resignation isn't accepted

Not a catholic, but if a priest or nun wishes to leave the vocation and get married, the Church agrees for them.

Once read about an American copule...the man used to be a Priest and the woman used to be a nun. Both left the vocation, got married...and stayed married for over 40 years.

They were married by the former priest's confessor....and the former nun's fellow nuns were there at the wedding ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Ndywin: 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nice one.... Instead of deceiving himself like most of them do. It's better to resign and marry...
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
007author:

5 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
007author:

Pentecostal sheeple talking!

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Fheelzz(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
Iyen na daa. Urge sha grin
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Etianwanokon: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
God help him. When you taste marriage you will know the difference.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by BABANGBALI: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
I wanted to be a priest but the thought of labake1 won't let me be
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by SUNDICOS(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nice one
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by fatiaforreal: 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
Better than Solayman at least grin

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
ShitHead:
He had been fvcking her for long, maybe inside church too, before he resigned. He just decided to make it official. Pusssy sweet shaaa. Pusssy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO CAUSED U?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lilimax:
First to comment grin

Glad the priest quietly resigned instead of indulging in secret sin of fornication shocked

He took the oath of priesthood openly and still resigned openly.
To me, his action does not make him less Christian than when he was a priest.

Wishing him a happy married life in advance smiley

anew entrants for single ladies
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by cadian: 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
amnesty7:
Other pretenders and liars like Kukah, take note.
As long as your biology remains that of humans, you must either do it openly and sincerely or be a hypocrite. No 3rd option.

How do you know Kukah is a pretender?

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by ShitHead(m): 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
toobusy:
WHO CAUSED U?

You are the cursed one for not knowing the difference between "curse" and "cause".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Kingsley123456(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
Reportmusic:

A Nigerian Catholic priest, Rev. Patrick Henry Edet,who resigned months ago is set to walk down the aisle March 17, 2018.

According to NewTelegraph, the disclosure was made by Edet on Tuesday during his Grace Family service.

Edet had said while resigning back in July, 2017;

“the resignation marked the beginning of ‘freedom’ for his spirit and soul.

From today henceforth, I cease to be a Catholic priest, in my spirit and in my soul. I forgive those who will criticise me, I live for God. I seek freedom for my soul. As I leave, I leave smiling. I am so happy that I am free.” .

Not stopping there, he revealed he won’t be continuing with the Catholic Church due to peace finding a way to desert him while he was there.

Edet added that after 11 long years, he felt now is the time to leave as he was feeling boxed in, a feeling that was affecting his personal relationship with God.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/22/nigerian-priest-set-walk-aisle-months-resignation/

God is in Control,
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by pennywys(m): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
007author:
Na crazy d worry u

Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Stevengerd(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
11years, about to wed, hin akamu go don gather momemtum. Even makydebbie will never forgive me if she hear say i become priest. Life no get replica
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by IkeBuya: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
They should just allow these men to marry.
It is quite retrogressive to expect celibate and unmarried priests in the 21st century
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Johnsmith101: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
*Plots of Land at Chevron and Orchid Road*

8 plots at Chevy View estate, by Chevron
Price: 580m Net
Title: Gov Consent

40 plots at Chevron Drive, by Carlton gate Estate facing the road.
Price: 50m per plot
Title: C of O / Supreme Court Judgement

2,000sqm land, just after the Chevron Toll Gate facing lekki Epe exppress way, by Orchid Hotel, Ikota.
Price: N310m

2,700sqm (4 Plots ) of land at Chevron, facing Lekki Epe exppressway
Property is beside GT Bank and Oakwood Hotel
Price: 85m per plot
Title: Gov. Consent

Plots of land at along Orchid road, by Ocean Bay
Price: 20m per plot
Title: C of O

3 Plots of Land 2 blocks from the Orchid Road
Price: 45m

20 Plots of land along the Orchid Road, near the Shell Estate, already
sand filled.
Price: 20m per plot

Call: 08154239042
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by john650(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
We need to see a picture of the woman that made him quit the priesthood. She must be a woman to die for.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by LZAA: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
IkeBuya:
They should just allow these men to marry.
It is quite retrogressive to expect celibate and unmarried priests in the 21st century
just as whites wanted d catholic church to embrace homo and accept gay priests ?
nobody forced him to become a priest and u can also leave the seminary at any time if u dont want again

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
007author:
catholic is not a church,it is a religion on its own because they are of different faith and even different mode of worship. Even the worshippers and the priest,pope don't know this.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Macmoni(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
ShitHead:
He had been fvcking her for long, maybe inside church too, before he resigned. He just decided to make it official. Pusssy sweet shaaa. Pusssy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmmmm!
shit really dey insyd ur head
tufiakwa
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by chuksdsilent: 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
IjeleNwa:
catholic is not a church,it is a religion on its own because they are of different faith and even different mode of worship. Even the worshippers and the priest,pope don't know this.

which church do you attend? Where did you get that from?

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by nomnso2016: 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
So things of world has taking over, you called it freedom
Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
chuksdsilent:

which church do you attend? Where did you get that from?
am not a religion fanatics,I was once a catholic,am no more,the church I attend doesn't matter. Just do ur research and findings,it is an organized knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood by rickyboss333: 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
u see women ba? forget it, no matter who u r, there is always a woman ready to spend d rest of her life with u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe / Ayo Oritsejafor & His Wife Surrounded By Security (pic) / Dunsin Oyekan Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.