Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? (2127 Views)

Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells / Crude Oil Discovered In Uruan, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by UmuEri(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by UmuEri(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
All is now set for the first crude oil lifting for export from the Aje field, offshore Lagos, Nigeria, by the end of August following the commissioning of a production and storage vessel for the crude.

The news follows the declaration by governor Akinwunmi Ambode in May, that Lagos has officially joined the League of Oil Producing States in Nigeria following the discovery of crude oil by Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (YFP) in the state. Panoro Energy, the London based independent E&P Company in partnership with YFP on the Aje Field development, made the announcement in an operational update on its website.
The company stated, however, that the targeted stabilised production rates have not yet been achieved, due to mechanical issues and Nigerian regulatory approvals.

“Until the outstanding issues are resolved, which could take until the end of Q4 2016, production shall be maintained at a restricted daily rate of approximately 7,000-8,000 barrels of oil,” the company stated.

“We expect the first crude oil lifting from the Front Puffin FPSO to take place at the end of August,” it said adding “In the meantime we continue to be encouraged by the performance of the reservoir to date.”
The company said several international oil companies and trading houses have expressed interest in purchasing Aje crude.

“Laboratory assays have been delivered on Aje crude oil which show it to be as expected a high quality grade of approximately 42 degree API,” the company’s update noted.
John Hamilton, CEO of Panoro said,“We are very pleased with the reservoir performance at Aje and are planning the next steps to realize its full potential.”

Group Managing Director of YFP, Mr. Tunde Folawiyo had told governor Ambode at the official announcement, that the company committed about $400m to achieve the feat adding that the oil well has the capacity to produce at least 12,000 barrels per day, with a possibility to increase to 25,000 to 50,000 barrels per day in the nearest future.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/lagos-begins-first-crude-oil-export-august/157178.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjpiMP7_rnZAhVPW8AKHQFqA4oQFggNMAE&usg=AOvVaw0_uOpi6mKouidh7NmFvQHE
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by dtruth3(m): 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
UmuEri:
https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/lagos-begins-first-crude-oil-export-august/157178.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjpiMP7_rnZAhVPW8AKHQFqA4oQFggNMAE&usg=AOvVaw0_uOpi6mKouidh7NmFvQHE

somebody please help me, I thought crude oil was discovered in Lagos sometimes in 2016, please what is happening now?

You mean the Lagos - Ibadan newspaper propaganda?

Anyways, yes, Lagos has Oil, I mean Palm Oil

11 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Are you in this world or the underworld?
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by horsepower101: 6:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
When Asari Dokubo said that the oil finding was propaganda, he was viciously attacked. Today, where is the oil?

9 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by descrisom(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
Goat drank it

11 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by horsepower101: 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
Also due to Obasanjo boundary readjustment military laws to steal Niger delta oil, Majority of the commercial oil well lies outside of Lagos state control.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by cKaiser: 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
You think Lagos is foolish that they will declare their oil free for all.

No exploration until we decide where we are going as a country
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by horsepower101: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
cKaiser:
You think Lagos is foolish that they will declare their oil free for all.

No exploration until we decide where we are going as a country

But you have a major problem in your hands. The price of oil will soon depreciate because of the green energy revolution. That oil will not be worth anything in the near future. Even Saudi Arabia is panicking and trying to diversify away from oil. There is no future for oil.

10 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by jaymichael(m): 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
descrisom:
Goat drank it
Call God!

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by vivalavida(m): 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
And they rushed and applied to be given 13% derivation that Niger Delta states get and if I remember right,it was rubber stamped without a litre of crude oil being lifted from the so called J
Aje field

6 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is no fiction, it is reality.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by AZeD1(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
OP
Do you want to see the oil gotten from Aje? If yes, go to Alausa, there's a sample for visitors in a bottle.

If no, please explain what you mean.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by pode(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
Shawnnn01:

I have never seen a tribe that is filled with so much lunatic like the Igbos. I can confidently say that 99.987% are walking mad humans that their entire life, history n afterlife have been destroyed with hate. I just do not see how your unborn generation will not perish all over again with so much hate.
Admin why so much hate speeches in this forum? Please you have to do something about this

4 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by deomelllo: 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
Shawnnn01:

I have never seen a tribe that is filled with so much lunatic like the Igbos. I can confidently say that 99.987% are walking mad humans that their entire life, history n afterlife have been destroyed with hate. I just do not see how your unborn generation will not perish all over again with so much hate.

Well said.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by gidgiddy: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
Shawnnn01:

But if they ask for referendum so they can go their way, you will support python dance to remain one with them

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by ODVanguard: 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
Shawnnn01:

I think it is the water they drink in that part of the country that contaminates their reasoning faculty. Plus, we also can't rule out the devastating effects of Akpu. Sometimes I wonder how they can live with themsleves, carrying all that hate around like that.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by deomelllo: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
gidgiddy:

But if they ask for referendum so they can go their way, you will support python dance to remain one with them

I don't remember seeing ipob terrorists presenting and seeking referendum at the UN.

5 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by gidgiddy: 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
deomelllo:

I don't remember seeing ipob terrorists presenting and seeking referendum at the UN.

But what do you remember Herdsmen presenting in Benue?

6 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Kyase(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Shawnnn01:

damn you well so? why the insult.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Kyase(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
gidgiddy:

why the mention of Benue state here.
oga take your time.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by deomelllo: 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2018
gidgiddy:

How did you gyrate from ipob referendum to heardsmen?

You Igbos also have attention deficit disorder/ADD on top of your so many maladies and societal issues.

And you wonder why they label you clowns hateful bigots.. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by gidgiddy: 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2018
deomelllo:

How did you gyrate from ipob referendum to heardsmen?

You Igbos also have attention deficit disorder/ADD on top of your so many maladies and societal issues.

And you wonder why they label you clowns hateful bigots.. SMH.

The same way you gyrated from Igbos to IPOB terrorists. The same people you are complaining about are even more tired of you people and have been asking to go their way for a long time.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by deomelllo: 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
[s]
gidgiddy:

The same way you gyrated from Igbos to IPOB terrorists. The same people you are complaining about are even more tired of you people and have been asking to go their way for a long time.
[/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos bore me.

7 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Lipscomb(m): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
Well I only blame my Yoruba brothers who reply them ,they should have ignored them .sometime we need to show our maturity and not to react to everything.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by remedick: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
But to be honest, you Igbos on nairaland are something else. Always causing trouble where no exist. Why? What was the purpose of this thread?

Anambra claimed to have oil, Yorubas didn't question the veracity of their claims. Why do this? Why? It is shameful.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by remedick: 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lipscomb:
Well I only blame my Yoruba brothers who reply them ,they should have ignored them .sometime we need to show our maturity and not to react to everything.
this where I do not always agree with them... When it was stated that Anambra has oil, nobody has opened any thread to question them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by deomelllo: 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
However, of greater significance also is the disclosure that the oil field holds untapped reserves of about 650 billion cubic feet (bcf), which if harnessed in two to three years’ time, could supply Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial hub, all the gas feedstock it needs for the thermal power stations and other manufacturing concerns domiciled in the state and its environs.

The subsea installation activities had been underway at Aje since January and were completed in early March, ready for the hook up of the Front Puffin Floating Production Storage Offshore (FPSO), which arrived in Nigeria on March 16.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/31/lagos-aje-oilfield-produces-in-excess-of-10000-bpd/

Lagos state is strategizing and moving forward while these bitter, disgruntled Igbos and anti Nigerian elements are sitting here spewing their usual hateful rubbish ....

Freeking losers...

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Odingo1: 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
Whale swallowed the oil shocked

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Lipscomb(m): 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Don't you know their hatred against us?
remedick:
this where I do not always agree with them... When it was stated that Anambra has oil, nobody has opened any thread to question them.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? by Turantula(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
gidgiddy:

What a paradox

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC NWC Disowns Lagos APC Primaries / Pdp Brought Down Southwest (pics) / Comparing Osinbajo And Obi Is Like Comparing Oshogbo And London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.