Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) (3182 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 / Traveler Bemoans The State Of The Onitsha-enugu Expressway In Video / Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by HisSexcellency(m): 1:20am On Feb 23, 2018
Below are some of the pictures i took today on my way to Awka the anambra State capital from onitsha the supposedly biggest city in the state.

I reside in Onitsha and the nature of my job is one that brings me to Awka the state capital at least twice a week. I have to endure the horror and health risks to myself and my car by traveling this route everytime.

It is disheartening that a state like anambra can not fix a major road leading to it's capital. This road has been like this for the past 5years, during the rainy seasons vehicles get stuck in the mud here. Many break down on daily basis that drivers have to go through old road where there is serious traffic hold up.

I'm calling on the relevant authorities to look into this issue and save the good people of anambra State the trouble of Having to travel this hazardous route.

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by conductorL3: 1:22am On Feb 23, 2018
HisSexcellency:
Below are some of the pictures i took today on my way to Awka the anambra State capital from onitsha the supposedly biggest city in the state.

I reside in Onitsha and the nature of my job is one that brings me to Awka the state capital at least twice a week. I have to endure the horror and health risks to myself and my car by traveling this route everytime.

It is disheartening that a state like anambra can not fix a major road leading to it's capital. This road has been like this for the past 5years, during the rainy seasons vehicles get stuck in the mud here. Many break down on daily basis that drivers have to go through old road where there is serious traffic hold up.

I'm calling on the relevant authorities to look into this issue and save the good people of anambra State the trouble of Having to travel this hazardous route.
The road is a Federal Road. It's Onitsha - (Awka -) Enugu Expressway not Onitsha - Awka Expressway.

7 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by HisSexcellency(m): 1:32am On Feb 23, 2018
conductorL3:

The road is a Federal Road. It's Onitsha - (Awka -) Enugu Expressway not Onitsha - Awka Expressway.
What federal road are you talking about, who constructed the one leading from bridgehead to amawbia.
Even if it's a federal government road, can't the state work on it and get the money back from the federal

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Dottore: 1:57am On Feb 23, 2018
Ok
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Yyeske(m): 4:03am On Feb 23, 2018
OP stop being mischievous, that road is a federal road and the part of the road reconstructed from headbridge to Umunya and around Amawbia to Amansea by the state government, it has not being reimbursed by the federal government. You still have an alternative route, take old road which is maintained by the state government.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Oladimejyy(m): 6:33am On Feb 23, 2018
gringringringringringringrin.
And the owners of that land would be trooping to Yoruba land.
Stay and develop your ancestors land,stop been a parasite to the southwest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Sealeddeal(m): 6:40am On Feb 23, 2018
I thought APC cankerworms said that Buhari has constructed it.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by boss1310(m): 6:41am On Feb 23, 2018
its impassable during rainy season and when you try that umunya Apian way na salaka for their youths
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:53am On Feb 23, 2018
HisSexcellency:

What federal road are you talking about, who constructed the one leading from bridgehead to amawbia.
Even if it's a federal government road, can't the state work on it and get the money back from the federal

Anambra wants refund of N48.1 billion spent on federal roads

federal government is owing the Anambra State Government a total of N48.1 billon used to rehabilitate federal roads in the state.
Tony Nnachetta, the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, made the disclosure while briefing journalists at the end of the state Executive Council Meeting in Awka, the state capital on Wednesday.
“The federal government currently owed the Anambra State Government about N48.1 billion being the amount spent by the state on federal roads in the state.
“This amount is huge and the state utilized the amount on state issues but the federal government was not forthcoming in the refund of the amount; so we cannot continue to spend scare state funds for federal roads,’’ Mr. Nnachetta said. He also reviewed the the present administration has asphalted 112 kilometres of roads between November, 2017 and February, 2018.
On roads, he said the state would no longer complete the Umunya/Nteje/Amawbia end of the Onitsha-Enugu Federal Highway.
The Umunya/Nteje/Amawbia end of the Onitsha-Enugu federal highway has been completely washed by rains exposing road users to harrowing experience during the rainy season.
The commissioner said the state was presently concerned with the construction of Nteje/Umunya Bridge which according to him would provide alternative route for motorists as that section of federal road was no longer accessible.
(NAN)

5 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Rucheen(m): 7:03am On Feb 23, 2018
AnambrafirstSon make una fix this road o and save the life of a tout along that old road. The last time I nearly knocked one Judas down
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2018
HisSexcellency:

You can use old road to Awka with zero pothole, or better still wait for ongoing alternative Nteje/Umunya road which is 97% to be completed, it will be ready before raining season

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by HisSexcellency(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2018
boss1310:
its impassable during rainy season and when you try that umunya Apian way na salaka for their youths
That old road an avenue for those jobless youths to be collecting free money from motorists. In addition to the traffic build up on that road

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by HisSexcellency(m): 7:06am On Feb 23, 2018
post=65299493:

You can use old road to Awka with zero pothole, or better still wait for ongoing alternative Nteje/Umunya road which is 97% to be completed, it will be ready before raining season
Old road is a long and hectic trip for someone going to work from onitsha
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:16am On Feb 23, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Old road is a long and hectic trip for someone going to work from onitsha
Be patient for the alternative road at Nteje/Umunya road, work is seriously going on there, you can inspect the road on your way going home, it will be ready soon

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by tiwiex(m): 7:30am On Feb 23, 2018
Oladimejyy:
U think people troop to Lagos because they don't like home? Lagos has been intentionally made the hub of business at the expense of other states. The day a port is allowed to function in the south south or south east, Lagos bragging will end. I am a Lagosian but I think this politics of not letting the south east thrive has put too much pressure on the state. Traffic etc. I can imagine the percentage of imports that come from igbo people. Open up a South port and see Lagos population dwindle and its IGR slow down.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:53am On Feb 23, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Same way your parasites brothers and sisters in Anambra are begging for unity in Anambra state grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Dhugal: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2018
Sealeddeal:
You beat me to it.
I ply that route,and each time I come on nairaland and read buttlickers writing nonsense, I just shake my head.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by SlayerForever: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2018
You must be very very stupid.
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by agadez007(m): 8:39am On Feb 23, 2018
post=65300417:

Same way your parasites brothers and sisters in Anambra are begging for unity in Anambra state grin grin grin
grin grin smiley

One of their own even gave birth infront of a Plaza in Onitsha, she wanted her baby to be citizen of potor potor region
grin
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Yyeske(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Dhugal:

You beat me to it.
I ply that route,and each time I come on nairaland and read buttlickers writing nonsense, I just shake my head.
OBJ fixed Onitsha-Owerri express but GEJ couldn't fix the Onitsha-Enugu express but you never condemned him.
FYI, the Onitsha-Enugu expressway is already been fixed by the FG from the Enugu end and gradually moving towards Anambra. So say what you know any stop lying
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:50am On Feb 23, 2018
I taught this is a federal road...the popular onitsha aka Enugu road.....I thought the road has been awarded and its been reconstruction or say rehabilitated? I taught funds has been earmarked or released for it take off....I thought, i thought....well the people of the area knows what to do....

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2018
agadez007:
grin grin smiley

One of their own even gave birth infront of a Plaza in Onitsha, she wanted her baby to be citizen of potor potor region
grin
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by izombie(m): 9:20am On Feb 23, 2018
I used the old road when i was travelling to awka. Obiano really tried there to be honest. From bridge head to awka has zero potholes. At night the street lights are working the whole way to my village in okpuno. I saw alot of improvements in awka capital territory i must say.

5 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by mpianya39(m): 9:37am On Feb 23, 2018
post=65300417:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by mpianya39(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2018
Oladimejyy:

Observe that tiger face angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by mpianya39(m): 9:46am On Feb 23, 2018
Yyeske:
OBJ fixed Onitsha-Owerri express but GEJ couldn't fix the Onitsha-Enugu express but you never condemned him.
FYI, the Onitsha-Enugu expressway is already been fixed by the FG from the Enugu end and gradually moving towards Anambra. So say what you know any stop lying

Are you a foreigner( hausa-fulani iboman) or home based iboman

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Yyeske(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
mpianya39:

Are you a foreigner( hausa-fulani iboman) or home based iboman
Someone told me you are from Somalia, is that true
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by Imo1stson: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
Judging from your pics there is ongoing work on the road. Kudos to FG. Hopefully it will be mich better by this time next year.
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by BeijinDossier: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Abogwara are you cursed to the point that you must comment on almost every thread even on the ones that does not concern you? Ife emelu eme. Tufia

[s]
Imo1stson:
Judging from your pics there is ongoing work on the road. Kudos to FG. Hopefully it will be mich better by this time next year.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by obailala(m): 4:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Yeah ... same way some PDP/GEJ poop gobbling maggots in 2014/2015 listed this same road as one of GEJ's giant strides... grin grin

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) by neezar: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
That's a federal road na

yeye op

That's the road leading 2 unizik along Tansian university

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo, SAN Try To Deny His Twitter Post And Nigerians React / Breaking!!! Cbn Probes Sen. Akpabio Over N865b Deposit In Uba, Polaris / Pastor Turn Imam Because Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.