Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand (16001 Views)

Holly Molly! Toyota Is Ready To Predict Your Behavior With This New AI MAC / Toyota Is Testing Solar Cells That Can ChargeOnTheGo As Well As Add 35Mi To EVs / Did You Know That In The Toyota Logo, The Word ‘toyota’ Is Written? Find Out How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by donnie(m): 7:51am On Feb 23, 2018
Clean 2011 Hyundai available for sale at N3.5m.
Landrover Freelander available at N1.5m.

Call if you're in the East.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by iamjavadem(m): 7:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Are you minding the author. My Mitsubishi never goes to mechanic but my Toyota friends go to mechanic all the time. Rubbish.
Igba123:
I use a civic right now and guys it's just like motorcycle in term of fuel consumptn. The major problem is d leg(shaft) but 4 yrs and counting d engine has not been opened even fo minor repairs.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by shortgun(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2018
Toyota for d boys
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by Temysteve(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2018
niggi4life:
Well said, though toyota camry used to be the popular brand but lately, Toyota Corolla 05 has taken over.
People say the corolla is very great at economizing fuel and the AC in it is super cold.

But all the same Toyota wins hands down, afterall "The world can not be wrong"
Na corolla Sport and sienna plenty for my area.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by jonero4(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2018
na benz grin sure pass

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 23, 2018
toyota cars arent cheap, even second hand ones are expensive, compared to second brands of vw, mazda, nissan
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by Dottore: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2018
pweshdodo:
The car dey chop fuel like mad,that's the reason I benched my land cruiser for crosstour
How can u compare the fuel consumption of a tiny crossover with a big SUV and come. Here to talk trash

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by billtommy(m): 8:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Toyota cars are not as cheap as the author portrays. But obviously cheaper than other good german brands that offer good balance and reliability.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by omoeso(m): 9:44am On Feb 23, 2018
First, I don't think Toyota cars are actually cheap compared to most economic cars.
And av made up my mind never to use a Toyota in this country again especially corolla or Camry. They have the "fakest" part ever imagined. Where they tell u tokunbo parts are better than new ones. Yet, non last for more than 2 months.
Ever tried replacing ur fuel pump? God help you!!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by newslifeop: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by nsesam(m): 10:14am On Feb 23, 2018
Toyota car are very expensive ooo, just bought Toyota corolla 2006 last month and its dam too expensive though fuel economy is A1, compare to Japanese car like Nissans that are still cheaper and economical.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by chukzyfcbb: 10:24am On Feb 23, 2018
Toyota cheap? Abeg enter naira land car section and see how much a rav4 2014 model cost?

That amount will get me a wicked Mercedes Benz e350

Thier cars are frigging expensive especially thier SUVs, and there's nothing special with it

see the pics and prices below.

Toyota isn't cheap!!!

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by aku626(m): 10:31am On Feb 23, 2018
iamjavadem:
Rubbish. Author doesn’t know anything about other cars has probably only driven a Toyota and not other Japanese cars. Even if you do a google search you won’t find Toyota among fuel efficient cars. Nigerians and their one track mind. Are Toyota’s even cheap? They keep say Toyota’s are durable yet you see them visiting mechanic all the time.
Strongly agree. 3 and 4 really? Have you entered a Benz? I have driven them all and I tell you the only reason I’d go for a Toyota is because it’s the safest to travel with cause of mechanics. I would always stay true to my German product
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by nickxtra(m): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2018
ayusco85:

He is right o. It baffles me also
You said he is right? How?
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by Dearlord(m): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=SoNature post=65299358]

Make una dey try travel na. Nobody knows those old, rickety Volkswagen buses beyond the South West [/quote

Broz, abeg na where to where have u travelled?
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by Dearlord(m): 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
I Laugh In Chinese.
Toyota Cars Are Among The Stressful Car One Could Ever Have. Go For Honda Product If U Wanna Enjoy Every Moment Of Ya Ride

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by EazyMoh(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
niggi4life:
Well said, though toyota camry used to be the popular brand but lately, Toyota Corolla 05 has taken over.
People say the corolla is very great at economizing fuel and the AC in it is super cold.

But all the same Toyota wins hands down, afterall "The world can not be wrong"
That's because they are different categories. Corolla is in the compact Sedan category while Camry is Luxury Sedan. Carry is simply the big brother of the Corolla which is meant for those ready to sacrifice luxury and size for affordability and fuel efficiency.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by EazyMoh(m): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
fkj950ax:

I don't know why we always assume Toyota are more fuel efficient.

I used an Accord Europe for 4 years until October before buying an Avensis and I kid you not, the Accord does way better than this Avensis by far, especially with fuel consumption.

I spend double on fuel month on month now versus month on month 2016/2017.

See this link biko

https://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1050915_honda-accord-versus-toyota-camry-cost-and-fuel-efficiency

Bro the fuel efficiency claim is relative. Toyota is beaten only by Peugeot and Honda in that field, otherwise it beats the other major world brands.
He's not saying it's the most fuel efficient, but definitely among the top 3.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by jaychubi: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
op how can you call toyota cheap u dey mad angry angry angry angry

in Nigeria except you are buying brand new, toyota is more expensive than bmw and mercedes
Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by sirfarouk(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2018
That's the major reason I don't like Toyota. Besides due to its popularity, there are more fake spare parts compared to Audi or VW.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand by tataiwo09(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Join this toyota users group on whatsap.....a very restricted group. We will only be talking about Toyota cars....advicing and solving problems our Toyota cars get

https:///C98buiI2A8I5urKuIR9GeL

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos / The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads / Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.