Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack (13906 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Coronavirus: Oyedepo Cancels Services At Winners Chapel In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
My position is based solely on the fact that Jesus Christ never did command the so called " gathering unto God" that Christians world-wide engage in on a regular basis. I will not create a yoke for myself where none is given me by my God.

Jesus Christ never called His own to gather, to themselves, disciples of their own, in His name.

Bro i awaits o,

I really wants to know exactly what you are doing for Jesus and how you are doing it.

1. Are you making disciples in obedience to His words?
2. How are you making disciples without gathering with such?
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
hoopernikao:

Bro i awaits o,

I really wants to know exactly what you are doing for Jesus and how you are doing it.

1. Are you making disciples in obedience to His words?
2. How are you making disciples without gathering with such?

1. Yes
2. He has never commanded me to gather people unto myself(set myself up as a teacher in my own right over them) so I teach to those He sends me to what He puts in my mind to preach of His teaching -exactly what He taught me - after which He sends me to the next "destination"
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 12:49am On Mar 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

1. Yes
2. He has never commanded me to gather people unto myself(set myself up as a teacher in my own right over them) so I teach to those He sends me to what He puts in my mind to preach of His teaching -exactly what He taught me - after which He sends me to the next "destination"

Pay attention well that Jesus said (teach). He used that word two times, in different form in these verses.

So how do you teach (train) those people (disciples).
You write them letter or they come to you or you go to them to teach/instruct?

How?
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Mar 16, 2021
hoopernikao:
Pay attention well that Jesus said (teach). He used that word two times, in different form in these verses.
So how do you teach (train) those people (disciples).
You write them letter or they come to you or you go to them to teach/instruct?
How?
The same Jesus Christ said the following to you

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
So, what do you teach? The exact teachings of Jesus Christ, just as I am doing right now, telling you exactly what I know Jesus Christ said. undecided

How I approach them in much the same way I approach you right now, teaching you what Jesus Christ in fact says and commands of them. I am not their Teacher/trainer... no. I am simply a servant who is sent out to deliever a message to those to whom He sends me.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 6:31am On Mar 16, 2021
hoopernikao:

I thought your lack of not reading properly and in context is only affected from your study of the scriptures, i never knew, even normal conversation you cant read in context. I hope this is not how you read letters when they are written to you.

Dont be too fast to jump into a conclusion, read through thread, post that were made along the discussions.

Kobojunkie says only the word of Jesus in the bible is valid at least for NT, that other instructions there (NT) arent expect directly commanded by Jesus, He says that the practices in epistles arent valid because they are words of men but not of God. Does that sound as scriptures to you.

If Epistles are words of men as said by Kobojunkie, because they are spoken and written by men, the words of Jesus he is reading was it dropped from heaven. Was it not men's instrument that God used to give us the same scriptures?

You no dey read properly at all grin and i have told you its affecting you.

The inspired scriptures (by the Holyghost), was put down by men used of God to do the same. Selecting part and refusing others is denying the inspiration of books together. Men are used by the Holyghost, let that ring well in your ears.

2 Timothy 3:10But thou hast fully known my doctrine...

That is a man, hence his doctrine becomes a scripture because the inspiration behind those words was the Holyghost. Hence, men are the vessels.
Its only someone who lacks honor for what and who God used that will neglect men who wrote the scriptures and then he will spite the scriptures.

I hope you get this well now.

I followed your discussion quite alright and in fact you still don't get his point. So clearly it's you who as I rightly asserted "are quite slow."

Apparently it's not only spiritual gifts you are lacking but also basic comprehension. I can't keep teaching you the elementary principles when you should be eating the meat by now.

The synoptic gospel are most unique in the whole texts of the bible because unlike the other books in the bible they are supposedly the express words of Jesus Christ as documented by his own disciples. Which was why I quoted the scripture where Jesus himself said no one has seen the Father at any point except him.

The point here being the other prophets and apostles could have wrongly expressed the inspiration of the Holy spirit but Jesus being the embodiment of and express image of God himself could not possibly have misinterpreted God's mind.

This point is very important for you to understand and stop arguing this very fact.
Because when other scriptures confuse you, the synoptic gospels remain how you can rightly divide the word of truth according to the word of Jesus Christ himself.

Instead of arguing blindly concerning this, your focus should not be to prove that there's nothing special in the words of Jesus compared to the other disciples but rather to help validate why the other books also play their part in helping build the Christian.

That said, I leave you with the words of Peter, "But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [a]Christ, the Son of the living God."
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Boomark(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
hoopernikao:

I thought your lack of not reading properly and in context is only affected from your study of the scriptures, i never knew, even normal conversation you cant read in context. I hope this is not how you read letters when they are written to you.

Dont be too fast to jump into a conclusion, read through thread, post that were made along the discussions.

Kobojunkie says only the word of Jesus in the bible is valid at least for NT, that other instructions there (NT) arent expect directly commanded by Jesus, He says that the practices in epistles arent valid because they are words of men but not of God. Does that sound as scriptures to you.

If Epistles are words of men as said by Kobojunkie, because they are spoken and written by men, the words of Jesus he is reading was it dropped from heaven. Was it not men's instrument that God used to give us the same scriptures?

You no dey read properly at all grin and i have told you its affecting you.

The inspired scriptures (by the Holyghost), was put down by men used of God to do the same. Selecting part and refusing others is denying the inspiration of books together. Men are used by the Holyghost, let that ring well in your ears.

2 Timothy 3:10But thou hast fully known my doctrine...

That is a man, hence his doctrine becomes a scripture because the inspiration behind those words was the Holyghost. Hence, men are the vessels.
Its only someone who lacks honor for what and who God used that will neglect men who wrote the scriptures and then he will spite the scriptures.

I hope you get this well now.

Bro you quoted this out of context. With this anybody can open a church and teach whatever they want.

English Standard Version
You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,

Berean Study Bible
You, however, have observed my teaching, my conduct, my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my perseverance,

Berean Literal Bible
But you have closely followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance,

King James Bible
But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

A teacher can ask his students, "have you been following my teaching or what am teaching?" His teachings/doctrines is not his own invention but the commandments of Christ.

Even things said by satan, Jezebel, Herod, Pharisees, etc are written in the scripture. You don't do the things they have said or did. Paul is free to give his own personal advice out of experience. The commandments of Christ supercedes all.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
Myer:
The synoptic gospel are most unique in the whole texts of the bible because unlike the other books in the bible they are supposedly the express words of Jesus Christ as documented by his own disciples. Which was why I quoted the scripture where Jesus himself said no one has seen the Father at any point except him.

The point here being the other prophets and apostles could have wrongly expressed the inspiration of the Holy spirit but Jesus being the embodiment of and express image of God himself could not possibly have misinterpreted God's mind.
Kaching! grin grin The prophets and apostles were after all just humans like you and me.
Myer:
This point is very important for you to understand and stop arguing this very fact.
Because when other scriptures confuse you, the synoptic gospels remain how you can rightly divide the word of truth according to the word of Jesus Christ himself.
smiley Ding, Dong!!! grin grin Give the man a cookie!! grin

The Word of God is Spirit - Jesus Christ, Born of the very Spirit of God - the very Word out God's own mouth. Jesus Christ is the Law as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
Boomark:
Even things said by satan, Jezebel, Herod, Pharisees, etc are written in the scripture. You don't do the things they have said or did. Paul is free to give his own personal advice out of experience. The commandments of Christ supercedes all.
That there is one of the reasons why I cringe when folks say things like "The bible is Holy"! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
Boomark:

Bro you quoted this out of context. With this anybody can open a church and teach whatever they want.

English Standard Version
You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,

Berean Study Bible
You, however, have observed my teaching, my conduct, my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my perseverance,

Berean Literal Bible
But you have closely followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance,

King James Bible
But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

A teacher can ask his students, "have you been following my teaching or what am teaching?" His teachings/doctrines is not his own invention but the commandments of Christ.

I told you to go back and read former discussion before concluding. Have you?

Likewise, doctrine and teaching as used by Paul in that verse means the samething in Bible context. If you have read properly my argument you would have seen that its clear that God inspired the scriptures but was penned down by men. They are product of men's commitment to God's work. It didn't just dropped in them. They gave their will to it. God's inspiration is seen in men's work. Same as the scriptures, the inspiration who is the holyghost moved men, he didn't move biro or pen but used men to write.

It takes nothing away from the fact that God inspired the scriptures but you must know it's men he used to write, that inspiration was on men. Hence the reason you will see, mens name used in context of the writer.

Law of God is called Law of Moses
Epistles are called letters of Paul, Peter etc.

They are the ones God used to write.

Paul's letters were not distributed as scriptures in their days, they were his letters, teaching, doctrine, his research from the scriptures. So stating that men leading men aren't part of God's plan is a track to error.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Myer:

I followed your discussion quite alright and in fact you still don't get his point. So clearly it's you who as I rightly asserted "are quite slow."

Apparently it's not only spiritual gifts you are lacking but also basic comprehension. I can't keep teaching you the elementary principles when you should be eating the meat by now.

Instead of arguing blindly concerning this, your focus should not be to prove that there's nothing special in the words of Jesus compared to the other disciples but rather to help validate why the other books also play their part in helping build the Christian.

That said, I leave you with the words of Peter, "But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [a]Christ, the Son of the living God."

Bro, you are speaking out of context. State where you stand. Is Christ word different from that which the Apostle preached? Did the Apostle preached by themselves or by the holyghost. Stop dancing around and hiding behind christ being embodiment of God. Does this belittle the writings of the apostles?

A student of the Bible who can't even discern that Christ mostly spoke to unbelievers who couldn't even comprehend half of his teaching until the receiving of the spirit is in a long journey. And that's a path you are threading.

I will advise you stay on course and stop dancing around without a definite stand point.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The same Jesus Christ said the following to you

So, what do you teach? The exact teachings of Jesus Christ, just as I am doing right now, telling you exactly what I know Jesus Christ said. undecided

How I approach them in much the same way I approach you right now, teaching you what Jesus Christ in fact says and commands of them. I am not their Teacher/trainer... no. I am simply a servant who is sent out to deliever a message to those to whom He sends me.

Bro, I am not asking you whether you are a servant or a mallam. I asked how do you teach those you are commanded to teach in your area. Jesus commandment is to go into. Those you go to in your area how to you teach them, by gathering or by scattering since you said Jesus never spoke of gathering.

But truly, it is obvious you don't know what Jesus meant when he said "make disciple". That is a word you first need to go and find out. It's obvious you don't know it's implication. An Israelite and also someone who read Greek will laugh at your explanation if he reads that same Jesus word and read your explanation.

Even English should let you know what it means by just reading it. Please do, it will help you much.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
hoopernikao:

Bro, you are speaking out of context. State where you stand. Is Christ word different from that which the Apostle preached? Did the Apostle preached by themselves or by the holyghost. Stop dancing around and hiding behind christ being embodiment of God. Does this belittle the writings of the apostles?

A student of the Bible who can't even discern that Christ mostly spoke to unbelievers who couldn't even comprehend half of his teaching until the receiving of the spirit is in a long journey. And that's a path you are threading.

I will advise you stay on course and stop dancing around without a definite stand point.

By your explanation, there was no believer until the Holyspirit was given right? Not even the 12 disciples?

Well, thats another argument.

The issue im addressing here is your opinion that the gospel books are no different from the books of Genesis, Songs of Solomon, Chronicles, etc.
Even though Jesus himself came to correct the misconceptions if the Laws of Moses in the old testament.

Your claim consequently being that the words of Jesus Christ is outdated since they were spoken before the Holyspirit was given. Right?

Conclusively your claim accentuates that the Epistles of Paul, Peter, James, John and Jude are more important that the Gospels of Jesus in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John because they were being moved by the Holyspirit just as Jesus Chrisf was.

I will 8nly refer you to one verse;

No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.
John 1:18 (NLT)
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by jantman(m): 3:09am On Mar 22, 2021
@Boomark
I no longer like to interfare into peoples affairs but I must say this to you; You need a genuine prophet of God to tell you about God purpose for your life.

Many people/preachers prophet lie in the name of God and they still keep lieing.

Be very careful of fake prophecies especially when it comes to your destiny if not you may find yourself doing what God did not send you to do.

My advice to you is for you to pray and ask God to reveal His will and purpose to you. If God answer your prayers, in time being he will send a genuine prophet to speak to you and guide you.

Don't believe what they told you yet. Just look for a genuine prophet to hear from Almighty God
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Boomark(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2021
jantman:
@Boomark
I no longer like to interfare into peoples affairs but I must say this to you; You need a genuine prophet of God to tell you about God purpose for your life.

Many people/preachers prophet lie in the name of God and they still keep lieing.

Be very careful of fake prophecies especially when it comes to your destiny if not you may find yourself doing what God did not send you to do.

My advice to you is for you to pray and ask God to reveal His will and purpose to you. If God answer your prayers, in time being he will send a genuine prophet to speak to you and guide you.

Don't believe what they told you yet. Just look for a genuine prophet to hear from Almighty God

Thanks a lot bro for your advice. I learnt a lot from my experience. May God continue to bless you with more wisdom.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by jantman(m): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
Boomark:

Thanks a lot bro for your advice. I learnt a lot from my experience. May God continue to bless you with more wisdom.

@Boomark
Let me tell you one of my life secret weapon is (Prayer). I rarely seek help from men or prophets of God. What I do is that, during the sleeping hour of midnight I pray a lot to God who is the only one that blesses and commision men. He is the one who will determine when he will speak to me or the prophet he will use to speak to my life.

Many church personels still think that destiny is all about preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Many people are preaching in churches - and are into the ministarial work even though it was not their call or destiny.

Boomark.
Why am I telling you all this ? It s because false prophecies can destroy God's purpose for a person.
False prophecies can waste a way a person's goals and dreams.
False prophecy does a lot of harm to a person and can give them wasted years.
False prophecies can make a person to be at the wrong place doing the wrong thing.
False prophecies destroys marriages
False prophecies destroys families

Boomark. if God call you for a certain purpose and wants to use you for his own glorious purpose for mankind, He will used many different genuine prophet to speak to you mysteriously and their prophecies to you will not contradit itselt. God will guide you with words towards the right path to your destiny

I must tell you this truth, many of the people that is currwntly in your life right now will not follow you into your wilderness as they will not follow you into your promised land. I mean the place of your (destiny)

Because of this thread I will open new topic on nairaland and write concerning the damage of false prophecy

Don't also forget that, Christianity is a personal race and the only person that will follow you or walk along with you is the Man Christ Jesus

1 Like

Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Boomark(m): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2021
jantman:

@Boomark
Let me tell you one of my life secret weapon is (Prayer). I rarely seek help from men or prophets of God. What I do is that, during the sleeping hour of midnight I pray a lot to God who is the only one that blesses and commision men. He is the one who will determine when he will speak to me or the prophet he will use to speak to my life.

Many church personels still think that destiny is all about preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Many people are preaching in churches - and are into the ministarial work even though it was not their call or destiny.

Boomark.
Why am I telling you all this ? It s because false prophecies can destroy God's purpose for a person.
False prophecies can waste a way a person's goals and dreams.
False prophecy does a lot of harm to a person and can give them wasted years.
False prophecies can make a person to be at the wrong place doing the wrong thing.
False prophecies destroys marriages
False prophecies destroys families

Boomark. if God call you for a certain purpose and wants to use you for his own glorious purpose for mankind, He will used many different genuine prophet to speak to you mysteriously and their prophecies to you will not contradit itselt. God will guide you with words towards the right path to your destiny

I must tell you this truth, many of the people that is currwntly in your life right now will not follow you into your wilderness as they will not follow you into your promised land. I mean the place of your (destiny)

Because of this thread I will open new topic on nairaland and write concerning the damage of false prophecy

Don't also forget that, Christianity is a personal race and the only person that will follow you or walk along with you is the Man Christ Jesus

Thanks a lot bro for your words of encouragement. Please remember to tag me when you create the topic.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2021
Myer:

By your explanation, there was no believer until the Holyspirit was given right? Not even the 12 disciples?

Well, thats another argument.

The issue im addressing here is your opinion that the gospel books are no different from the books of Genesis, Songs of Solomon, Chronicles, etc.
Even though Jesus himself came to correct the misconceptions if the Laws of Moses in the old testament.

Your claim consequently being that the words of Jesus Christ is outdated since they were spoken before the Holyspirit was given. Right?

Conclusively your claim accentuates that the Epistles of Paul, Peter, James, John and Jude are more important that the Gospels of Jesus in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John because they were being moved by the Holyspirit just as Jesus Chrisf was.

I will 8nly refer you to one verse;

No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.
John 1:18 (NLT)

What are you writing Sir?

Are you sure you are reading my post or "a look alike in your mind"?

You are driving in random direction and entering into domain you know little of and its making you to say what doesn't exist. What is "word of Jesus outdated?", "Christians before Christ death?".

Ègbón, Shey ę ńka Bible sha?

Jesus didn't teach by himself, he taught using the authority of the scriptures. All his teachings were from the scriptures of old. The challenge with you is that you can't sit down to read and examine where he could be teaching from each time and then you assume he's teaching something different or new.

Jesus textbook as a teacher of the word is the scriptures, no one will even listen to him anyway in their days without the scriptures read. Unlike our days when you can type and argue about scriptures without having a Bible sef.

God's wisdom on him is to explain the scriptures beyond what the pharisee could see. He wasn't forming words of his own. He wasn't teaching the way you do now (not opening Bible, but just say anything you feel). His arguments were taken from the scriptures, his opponents also spoke from scriptures perspective.

He didn't come with a new law (I have explained this to you before). He only explained and make known well the law of God which has been from Genesis but unclear to them. Nothing is new. The same spirit that inspired the God's activities from Genesis was in him, the spirit didn't speak to contradict what was said from old.

John 1:45
1 Peter 1: 10-11
2 Peter 1: 20-21
Revelation 19:10
John 5:39
Romans 3:21
Hebrews 1:1-2
Luke 24:26-27, 44-46

Luke 24
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

He wasn't writing or teaching a different plan. He was teaching and fulfilling the same plan.

Same God, same spirit, same prophecies, same plan, same Christ, same life and light, same teaching. If you can't see it when you are reading Genesis, exodus.... Malachi, you aren't reading at all.

It is when you are reading like pharisee that you will see Jesus words different from God's word from the writings of the prophets or the scripture. All prophets wrote by the same spirit of Christ to testify him. Same word, same spirit, same teaching.

Bro, your Bible study starts when you can see God's plan never changed from Genesis and all the faithfuls from the old spoke the same word of God as you see in what is called the new Testament writings. No one was communicating differently. That is the unity of the scripture, the unity of God's purpose.

A man like Kobojunkie, that even said there shouldn't be gathering or worship of God in unity of spirit together in a place cannot appreciate the unity of the scriptures or God's plan.

He must be understudying some books written from a desire born out of rebellion to God's word.
We surely know how it always ends.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
hoopernikao:

What are you writing Sir?

Are you sure you are reading my post or "a look alike in your mind"?

You are driving in random direction and entering into domain you know little of and its making you to say what doesn't exist. What is "word of Jesus outdated?", "Christians before Christ death?".

Ègbón, Shey ę ńka Bible sha?

Jesus didn't teach by himself, he taught using the authority of the scriptures. All his teachings were from the scriptures of old. The challenge with you is that you can't sit down to read and examine where he could be teaching from each time and then you assume he's teaching something different or new.

Jesus textbook as a teacher of the word is the scriptures, no one will even listen to him anyway in their days without the scriptures read. Unlike our days when you can type and argue about scriptures without having a Bible sef.

God's wisdom on him is to explain the scriptures beyond what the pharisee could see. He wasn't forming words of his own. He wasn't teaching the way you do now (not opening Bible, but just say anything you feel). His arguments were taken from the scriptures, his opponents also spoke from scriptures perspective.

He didn't come with a new law (I have explained this to you before). He only explained and make known well the law of God which has been from Genesis but unclear to them. Nothing is new. The same spirit that inspired the God's activities from Genesis was in him, the spirit didn't speak to contradict what was said from old.

John 1:45
1 Peter 1: 10-11
2 Peter 1: 20-21
Revelation 19:10
John 5:39
Romans 3:21
Hebrews 1:1-2
Luke 24:26-27, 44-46

Luke 24
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

He wasn't writing or teaching a different plan. He was teaching and fulfilling the same plan.

Same God, same spirit, same prophecies, same plan, same Christ, same life and light, same teaching. If you can't see it when you are reading Genesis, exodus.... Malachi, you aren't reading at all.

It is when you are reading like pharisee that you will see Jesus words different from God's word from the writings of the prophets or the scripture. All prophets wrote by the same spirit of Christ to testify him. Same word, same spirit, same teaching.

Bro, your Bible study starts when you can see God's plan never changed from Genesis and all the faithfuls from the old spoke the same word of God as you see in what is called the new Testament writings. No one was communicating differently. That is the unity of the scripture, the unity of God's purpose.

A man like Kobojunkie, that even said there shouldn't be gathering or worship of God in unity of spirit together in a place cannot appreciate the unity of the scriptures or God's plan.

He must be understudying some books written from a desire born out of rebellion to God's word.
We surely know how it always ends.

How can you say Jesus did not come with new law?

I won't even quote epistles but answer you with the words of Jesus himself differentiating the Laws of Moses from the laws of the Kingdom.

Matthew 5: 38-48
You have heard that it was said, (B)‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 (C)But I tell you not to resist an evil person. (D)But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever (E)compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks you, and (F)from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

43 “You have heard that it was said, (H)‘You shall love your neighbor (I)and hate your enemy.’ 44 [a]But I say to you, (J)love your enemies, bless those who curse you, (K)do good to those who hate you, and pray (L)for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for (M)He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 (N)For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your [b]brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the [c]tax collectors do so? 48 (O)Therefore you shall be perfect, just (P)as your Father in heaven is perfect
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by jantman(m): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
Boomark:

Thanks a lot bro for your words of encouragement. Please remember to tag me when you create the topic.

Yes, I will even include your name on it in a nice way.

Just be patient on whatever you are going through.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
hoopernikao:
Bro, I am not asking you whether you are a servant or a mallam. I asked how do you teach those you are commanded to teach in your area. Jesus commandment is to go into. Those you go to in your area how to you teach them, by gathering or by scattering since you said Jesus never spoke of gathering.
You asked how I teach, and I told you that I teach the same way I am doing it right now. undecided
hoopernikao:
But truly, it is obvious you don't know what Jesus meant when he said "make disciple". That is a word you first need to go and find out. It's obvious you don't know it's implication. An Israelite and also someone who read Greek will laugh at your explanation if he reads that same Jesus word and read your explanation.
Actually, I do know what Jesus Christ meant when He said to go "make disciples" of the world. Jesus Christ meant we go teach to the world the very same undiluted Gospel of the Kingdom of God that He taught to us. I am not sure what meaning you are looking to add to what Jesus Christ said but be warned that you curse yourself by adding your ideas to His teaching by that.
hoopernikao:
Even English should let you know what it means by just reading it. Please do, it will help you much.
And the same English should let you know what I have been saying all this while.

Luke 12 vs 35-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35. “Stay dressed for action[f] and keep your lamps burning,
36. and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
37. Blessed are those servants[g] whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
38. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
39. But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he[h] would not have left his house to be broken into.
40. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

41. Peter said, “Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?”
42. And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time?
43. Blessed is that servant[i] whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
44. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
45. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,
46. the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.
47. And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.
48. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You asked how I teach, and I told you that I teach the same way I am doing it right now. undecided
Actually, I do know what Jesus Christ meant when He said to go "make disciples" of the world. Jesus Christ meant we go teach to the world the very same undiluted Gospel of the Kingdom of God that He taught to us. I am not sure what meaning you are looking to add to what Jesus Christ said but be warned that you curse yourself by adding your ideas to His teaching by that.
And the same English should let you know what I have been saying all this while.

You are still yet to address the key facts.

"Make disciples" means what.

Who is a disciple

I have seen you referenced the original words of text of scriptures in some of your arguments. Why don't you do that here.

A disciples, SITS, at his teachers feet, that is a continuous learning mode that can even take years. A teacher will have many disciples sitting under him all through the scriptures. Why are you avoiding that.

So, Jesus said MAKE DISCIPLES, we saw the practice and the teaching in him. In this we saw him gathered and te ah his disciples, why are you against this? Do you truly trust Jesus words as you claim or you have a different doctrine.

So please who is a disciple
How did Jesus taught his disciples without gathering?
What was Jesus instruction towards disciplining?

Except you don't want to be sincere, you already have your answers.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2021
hoopernikao:
You are still yet to address the key facts. "Make disciples" means what. Who is a disciple
A disciple, like me, is a follower of Jesus Christ. Those who follow Jesus Christ submit to His teachings, accepting and obeying every commandment that He has laid down.
A disciple is one who loves His Teacher and Master, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, and in whom the Spirit of Truth lives.

John 14 vs 25-31 (ESV)
15. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[f] to be with you forever,
17. even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[g] in you.
undecided
hoopernikao:
I have seen you referenced the original words of text of scriptures in some of your arguments. Why don't you do that here.
A disciples, SITS, at his teachers feet, that is a continuous learning mode that can even take years. A teacher will have many disciples sitting under him all through the scriptures. Why are you avoiding that.
Sure, a disciple seats at His teacher's feet, and in this case, Jesus Christ is the one and only Teacher as far as His disciples are concerned. All of His followers are merely servants expected to teach that which the Teacher has taught them and nothing else.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors(teachers), for you have one instructor(Teacher), the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

hoopernikao:
So, Jesus said MAKE DISCIPLES, we saw the practice and the teaching in him. In this we saw him gathered and te ah his disciples, why are you against this? Do you truly trust Jesus words as you claim or you have a different doctrine.
I am not against Jesus Christ(His teachings and examples to us); Instead, I am against that which men do which is in direct disobedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ and His actions. I have said this several times to you.
hoopernikao:
So please who is a disciple
A follower of Jesus Christ who lives by the examples and rules set by Jesus Christ.
hoopernikao:
How did Jesus taught his disciples without gathering?
Jesus Christ, did not mandate a gathering since even on occasion, Jesus Christ taught some without the presence of a gathering... e.g. the woman by the well.
hoopernikao:
What was Jesus instruction towards disciplining?
Jesus Christ instructed His followers to go preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world.
hoopernikao:
Except you don't want to be sincere, you already have your answers.
I get the sense that you are looking for specific answers which you are likely not going to obtain from me. So why not move on at this point knowing that I will never see this the way you do.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A disciple, like me, is a follower of Jesus Christ. Those who follow Jesus Christ submit to His teachings, accepting and obeying every commandment that He has laid down.
A disciple is one who loves His Teacher and Master, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, and in whom the Spirit of Truth lives.

undecided
Sure, a disciple seats at His teacher's feet, and in this case, Jesus Christ is the one and only Teacher as far as His disciples are concerned. All of His followers are merely servants expected to teach that which the Teacher has taught them and nothing else.

I am not against Jesus Christ(His teachings and examples to us); Instead, I am against that which men do which is in direct disobedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ and His actions. I have said this several times to you.
A follower of Jesus Christ who lives by the examples and rules set by Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ, did not mandate a gathering since even on occasion, Jesus Christ taught some without the presence of a gathering... e.g. the woman by the well.
Jesus Christ instructed His followers to go preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world.
I get the sense that you are looking for specific answers which you are likely not going to obtain from me. So why not move on at this point knowing that I will never see this the way you do.

You aren't coherent in your explanation.
You sighted Jesus teaching a woman as evidence but neglected many examples of him teaching a gathering. Arent you cherry picking.

You can't deny the fact that you are neglecting a practice you saw in your lord, a practice so loud in the scriptures and seen in your savior is what you are neglecting. Do you know more than your savior.

Secondly, your definition of disciple is still incoherent. I affirm it to you again that you can't practice discipleship as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28 and yet reject gathering. It's obvious you either denying a fact or you dont know what discipleship mean.

Jesus words were written in Greek, go and Che k it as I have once told you a Greek man will mess up your explanation of discipleship as you truly don't understand it in all your explanation.

Lastly,
a practice you saw in your lord (gathering and discipling)
A commandment given by your savior (discipling nations)
A practice you saw in early church who received direct instructions from Jesus

Is what you now see as doctrine of men.

See, a smart follower or disciple will look intently not just at his leaders words but characters, practices, actions and reactions and use them to build his own practices and lifestyle.
When a follower start seeing things differently from his Master, it's either he was never a follower as claimed or he is not just as smart as he should or he thinks.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
hoopernikao:

You sighted Jesus teaching a woman as evidence but neglected many examples of him teaching a gathering. Arent you cherry picking.

You can't deny the fact that you are neglecting a practice you saw in your lord, a practice so loud in the scriptures and seen in your savior is what you are neglecting. Do you know more than your savior.

Secondly, your definition of disciple is still incoherent. I affirm it to you again that you can't practice discipleship as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28 and yet reject gathering. It's obvious you either denying a fact or you dont know what discipleship mean.

Jesus words were written in Greek, go and Che k it as I have once told you a Greek man will mess up your explanation of discipleship as you truly don't understand it in all your explanation.

Lastly,

See, a smart follower or disciple will look intently not just at his leaders words but characters, practices, actions and reactions and use them to build his own practices and lifestyle.
When a follower start seeing things differently from his Master, it's either he was never a follower as claimed or he is not just as smart as he should or he thinks.
Jesus Christ never commanded His apostles to gather in any way or form leaving that decision up to individuals to decide on their own. undecided

Where God has given NO COMMAND, no man has a right to add one on His behalf.

If you have a problem with me exercising my freedom in Christ and my telling others the Truth as Christ Himself declared it, I suggest you take it up with Jesus Christ, the one who maybe forgot to add a command mandating a gathering in each of our contracts with Him. undecided

I am bored with this back and forth, and moving on now. undecided
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 12:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never commanded His apostles to gather in any way or form leaving that decision up to individuals to decide on their own. undecided

If you have a problem with me exercising my freedom in Christ and my telling others the Truth as Christ Himself declared it, I suggest you take it up with Jesus Christ, the one who maybe forgot to add a command mandating a gathering in each of our contracts with Him. undecided

Are you reading what you write at all.
The Apostles gathered at their own discretion and decision? You are coming home gradually.

The apostles are doing what their master and savior did. That is what is called a follower. Not someone who pick only part that he wants and still hide behind God's name.

Secondly, you dont have any freedom in Christ to act outside Christ. That is not freedom, it is disobedience. And you can't be walking in disobedience and act as obedient child. The only truth here now is that you keep away that your freedom which is not in Christ and embrace Christ way of living and practices. That is the way out for you on this unchristian doctrine you fashioned for yourself.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 6:06am On Apr 02, 2021
hoopernikao:

The Apostles gathered at their own discretion and decision? You are coming home gradually.

The apostles are doing what their master and savior did. That is what is called a follower. Not someone who pick only part that he wants and still hide behind God's name.

Secondly, you dont have any freedom in Christ to act outside Christ. That is not freedom, it is disobedience. And you can't be walking in disobedience and act as obedient child. The only truth here now is that you keep away that your freedom which is not in Christ and embrace Christ way of living and practices. That is the way out for you on this unchristian doctrine you fashioned for yourself.

You obviously don't believe the Bible.
A person says he's a follower of Christ yet you're not satisfied until he's a follower of hoopernikao right?

If you believe the Bible you will leave him for the Holyspirit to convict. Or can you do the work of the holyspirit more than the holyspirit?

But we both know your intention is not to minister but to always prove you're right and everyone else is wrong.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by BassReeves: 6:52am On Apr 02, 2021
hoopernikao:

Lastly,

Kobojunkie:

hoopernikao:

Myer:
You obviously don't believe the Bible.
A person says he's a follower of Christ yet you're not satisfied until he's a follower of hoopernikao right?

If you believe the Bible you will leave him for the Holyspirit to convict. Or can you do the work of the holyspirit more than the holyspirit?

But we both know your intention is not to minister but to always prove you're right and everyone else is wrong.
Matthew 4:19
'Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
'

John 6:2
'A large crowd was following Him because they had seen the signs (attesting miracles) which He continually performed on those who were sick.'

John 6:26
'Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, you have been searching for Me, (i.e. follow Me)
not because you saw the signs (attesting miracles), but because you ate the loaves and were filled.
'

Not all who follow or followed Jesus are disciples. People, multitude, persons etc followed Jesus for respective and different reasons
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 6:55am On Apr 02, 2021
BassReeves:

'“Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
'

'A large crowd was following Him because they had seen the signs (attesting miracles) which He continually performed on those who were sick.'

'Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, you have been searching for Me, (i.e. follow Me)
not because you saw the signs (attesting miracles), but because you ate the loaves and were filled.
'

Not all who follow or followed Jesus are disciples. People, multitude, persons etc followed Jesus for respective and different reasons

So it's by church gatherings that you identify someone following Christ?
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by BassReeves: 6:58am On Apr 02, 2021
Myer:
[s]So it's by church gatherings that you identify someone following Christ?[/s]
I reiterate, not all the followers of Jesus Christ are disciples, saints and/or believers. People, multitude, persons etc followed Jesus for respective and different reasons.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 7:04am On Apr 02, 2021
BassReeves:
I reiterate, not all the followers of Jesus Christ are disciples, saints and/or believers. People, multitude, persons etc followed Jesus for respective and different reasons.

True.
But what does it mean to be a follower of Christ?
How can you identify one?
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by BassReeves: 7:11am On Apr 02, 2021
Myer:
True.
But what does it mean to be a follower of Christ?
How can you identify one?
I have already given three verses, namely, Matthew 4:19, John 6:2 and John 6:26, that each, gives an indication, not only what it means to be a follower of Jesus but also gives how to identify, who in their respective and different way, is a follower of Jesus
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2021
BassReeves:
I have already given three verses, namely, Matthew 4:19, John 6:2 and John 6:26, that each, gives an indication, not only what it means to be a follower of Jesus but also gives how to identify, who in their respective and different way, is a follower of Jesus

Point of correction.
Your quoted verses below only showed that not all who claim to follow Christ are truly followers.
The question is how then do you identify true followers of Christ?

'“Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”'

not because you saw the signs (attesting miracles), but because you ate the loaves and were filled.'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? / Christ Embassy's Yookos Vs Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.