Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack (13901 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Coronavirus: Oyedepo Cancels Services At Winners Chapel In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by BassReeves: 7:37am On Apr 02, 2021
Myer:
Point of correction.
Your quoted verses below only showed that not all who claim to follow Christ are truly followers.
The question is how then do you identify true followers of Christ?

Matthew 4:19
'“Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”'

John 6:2
'A large crowd was following Him because they had seen the signs (attesting miracles) which He continually performed on those who were sick.'

John 6:26
'Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, you have been searching for Me, (i.e. follow Me)
not because you saw the signs (attesting miracles), but because you ate the loaves and were filled.'
You're going beside the point, that people genuinely and truly follow Jesus for their respective and different reason.

In John 6:26, when a certain crowd were barefaced told they followed Jesus because of the chance to fill their stomach, no one denied this. They couldn't deny what Jesus said about them, because they were true followers of Jesus albeit for the wrong reasons, wrong motivations, wrong sense of purpose etc.

In Mark 1:16, when Jesus saw Simon (i.e. Peter) and his brother, Andrew, He told them to follow Him and that, He'll teach them how to be fishers of men. You do know what it takes to be a fisherman or angler, dont you. If you do, then go figure the rest and all.
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by Myer(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2021
BassReeves:
You're going beside the point, that people genuinely and truly follow Jesus for their respective and different reason.

In John 6:26, when a certain crowd were barefaced told they followed Jesus because of the chance to fill their stomach, no one denied this. They couldn't deny what Jesus said about them, because they were true followers of Jesus albeit for the wrong reasons, wrong motivations, wrong sense of purpose etc.

In Mark 1:16, when Jesus saw Simon (i.e. Peter) and his brother, Andrew, He told them to follow Him and that, He'll teach them how to be fishers of men. You do know what it takes to be a fisherman or angler, dont you. If you do, then go figure the rest and all.

Being a Fisher of men is synonymous to being an evangelist.

So you're a follower of Christ if you're an evangelist?
And you're not a follower of Christ if you're not an evangelist?
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by BassReeves: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2021
Myer:
Being a Fisher of men is synonymous to being an evangelist.
No doubt about that and the fact that to be an angler aka fisherman, requires having patience, enticement, know what bait to use, know when to be still, not moving and or not making sounds etc skills

Myer:
So you're a follower of Christ if you're an evangelist?
You're equally a follower of Jesus for whatever reason you follow Him for, e.g. food you know you'll get to eat, mesmerised by the miracles wrought by Jesus

Myer:
And you're not a follower of Christ if you're not an evangelist?
Acts 16:16-18
,16One day as we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl with a spirit of divination, who earned a large income for her masters by fortune-telling.
17This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting,
“These men are servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation!”
18She continued this for many days. Eventually Paul grew so aggravated that he turned and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” And the spirit left her at that very moment.

You cant hide away from the fact, that, all evangelists might be a follower of Jesus, but not all followers of Jesus are evangelists. Its just like the girl above following Paul, indirectly 'evangelising' yet not an evangelist really, hence why and how Paul rebuked, shut up and silenced her

1 Like

Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2021
BassReeves:

Matthew 4:19
'Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
'

John 6:2
'A large crowd was following Him because they had seen the signs (attesting miracles) which He continually performed on those who were sick.'

John 6:26
'Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, you have been searching for Me, (i.e. follow Me)
not because you saw the signs (attesting miracles), but because you ate the loaves and were filled.
'

Not all who follow or followed Jesus are disciples. People, multitude, persons etc followed Jesus for respective and different reasons

Can I know the implication of this Sir on my quote?
Re: How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack by hoopernikao: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2021
Myer:

You obviously don't believe the Bible.
A person says he's a follower of Christ yet you're not satisfied until he's a follower of hoopernikao right?

If you believe the Bible you will leave him for the Holyspirit to convict. Or can you do the work of the holyspirit more than the holyspirit?

But we both know your intention is not to minister but to always prove you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Bro throw away your emotional blackmail, it has lost relevance this days. Focus on what is stated. Because soon now you will be claiming you are being judge yet you carry the septre of judgment everywhere you go.

Bro, please focus and stop throwing emotional stick.

So focus on below.

Does the Bible teaches against Christian gathering. This is what is important.

I never in any of my post says Kobojunkie is a believer or not, i call him brother for a reason not a loose word. Yet Bible did not teach that you leave those who preach error in doctrine to the holy ghost to handle. It's a lazy way of neglecting reality of the Bible.

A disciple of Christ will practice all that Christ do. That is what discipleship means. And that's what I pointed him to. Are you having challenges with that.

The disciples of Jesus didn't leave the early error doctrine preacher to the holyghost they correct them, gave instruction to withstand some, and to avoid some. So, I expect your unease when challenged on a doctrine you front but doesn't have foundation in the scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics) / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? / Bible Verses For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.