Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign (2692 Views)

APC Crisis: Okorocha Blows Hot, Warns Oyegun, NWC Members / APC Crisis Worsens As nPDP Faction Issues Seven-Day Ultimatum / APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
doctokwus:
Tinubu just wants to use this 2kobo assignment he was given to actualize his own personal agenda.
Eventhough I know oyegun is one of the worst party chairmen ever and has been pursuing his own selfish agenda too,I like the way he is putting Tinubu in his shoes.
Tinubu has lost a lot of goodwill and political capital having had d rug pulled from under his feet by d likes of Ogun state governor,Ibikunle Amosun, Fashola,Fayemi etc and now wants to use this job to selfishly garner lost political leverage.
He is heading for another disgrace from the Oyegun camp and likelihood of his being forever drained of any political base he has left.
He deserves no pity and none should be granted him.
I always look for your comments on every political tread cause I love your unbiased report since you saw the truth. Always cc me when you commenting baba

God bleas you for being just and fair
Re: APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign by KingSango(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
nairavsdollars:
*Wants Bisi Akande To Head Caretaker Committee *Accuses Oyegun Of Sabotaging His Reconciliation Efforts

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The crisis rocking the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has worsened following allegation by a member of the National Working Committee (NWC) that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu asked them to resign as a way of finding a lasting solution to the intractable crisis rocking the party.

This followed on Thursday a scathing letter written by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, chairman of the party’s reconciliation committee, to Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, national chairman, accusing him of sabotaging his efforts in reconciling aggrieved members of the party.

The former Lagos State governor, whose relationship with Odigie-Oyegun has been on the downward trend since the conduct of the Ondo State governorship primary of the party in 2016, said rather than providing him the necessary support needed in his assignment, the party’s national chairman is undermining his presidential mandate by constituting himself as an obstacle towards the reconciliation process.

He specifically mentioned Kogi, Kaduna, Kano, and Adamawa as the key states where Odigie-Oyegun is working to frustrate his efforts in reconciling aggrieved members of the party.

Tinubu, who copied the letter to the president, vice-president, Senate president and speaker of the House of Representatives, accused Odigie-Oyegun of contravening the spirit of the discussions both of them had at the party secretariat when President Muhammadu Buhari gave him the assignment of reconciling aggrieved members.

In the letter, dated February 21, 2018, Tinubu said “disappointment greeted me when I discovered that you had swiftly acted in contravention of the spirit of our discussions. Instead of being a bulwark of support as promised, you positioned yourself in active opposition to the goal of resuscitating the progressive and democratic nature of APC”.

Tinubu said while Odigie-Oyegun mentioned Kogi, Kaduna, Kano and Adamawa as places affected by serious party issues, he has taken it as his own personal ambition to thwart his presidential assignment in these key states.

He accused the chairman of rushing to Kogi State to unilaterally inaugurate officials “parallel to the officials already heading the state chapter of the party”.

“While this may place you in significant affinity with those parallel officials you handpicked, this machination suggests no improvement in the welfare of the party in Kogi or at the national level”.

Tinubu said Odigie-Oyegun apparently seeks “to undermine my mandate by engaging in dilatory tactics for the most part. When forced to act, you do so in an arbitrary and capricious manner”.

Speaking further, Tinubu said even if Odigie-Oyegun had personal qualms with him, it is his right as a human being but “you have no such right as the chairman of this party. The party belongs to all of its members”.

While not turning down the assignment, he, however, warned Odigie-Oyegun to refrain from taking any more “improper unilateral decisions with regard to the national and state chapters of the party”.

He reminded Odigie-Oyegun that the assignment was given to him by Buhari, stating that “in furtherance, I request that you make available to me the status reports and all the pertinent information regarding the state chapters without further delay”.

Speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT on the genesis of the current crisis between the two party stalwarts, a member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) said Tinubu during the closed door meeting he had with them during his visit to the party secretariat had asked them to resign as a way of finding a lasting solution to the intractable crisis rocking the party.

“I am not surprised by the current letter written by Asiwaju Tinubu. During his visit to the party secretariat, he had asked us members of the NWC led by Chief Oyegun to resign but we told him that it is impossible since our tenure will end in June.

“We later understood he wanted to install a Caretaker Committee to be headed by Chief Bisi Akande, thereby having his structures in charge of the party. That I can tell you is the genesis of the crisis”, he said.

Read more https://independent.ng/apc-crisis-worsens-tinubu-asks-oyegun-nwc-resign/

Read more https://independent.ng/apc-crisis-worsens-tinubu-asks-oyegun-nwc-resign/

All the political parties in Nigeria are corrupt as they are in America. grin

I still stand behind APC because I stand behind the Traditional Rulers Council. The Kings are bringing about change but the politicians are getting in the way as they always do because that's politics. APC Party is number one in Oyo State and they are making great progress with the new rail system that connects Lagos with Ibadan. Yoruba people are creating businesses and products and the only thing Pres. Buhari has to do continue to provide great protection from terrorism. Herdsman are not terrorists so President Buhari needs to appeal to the traditional Northern leadership to iron out issues affecting the Herdsman and their cattle. Livestock are important for the economy of Africa especially Nigeria and we must secure the safety of these precious animals to preserve this ancient way of life of cattle herding. Most of the brave soldiers that protect Nigeria in the Military are from cattle herding clans. Nigerians owe it to their culture and civilization to come up with viable solutions to the drought like building grain granaries so that there would be surplus to feed the citizens in case of drought and cattle when there is no land for them to graze.

As I've said, I stand firmly behind APC and the Traditional Rulers Council to lead forward in the next election cycle. With the re-election of Pres. Buhari changes could be implemented that would restructure Nigeria so there's less competition between ethnic groups and more local control over their governmental budgets. I do not believe in democracy because it doesn't work yet we can make the two function the government and the traditional government in a more cohesive manner that in the past. They can do a better job than all have done in the APC but no matter what party gets elected Nigeria still have lots of work to do!

Ase

Love Sango

1 Share

Re: APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign by doctokwus: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

I always look for your comments on every political tread cause I love your unbiased report since you saw the truth. Always cc me when you commenting baba

God bleas you for being just and fair
Oga,as I once said to someone that aired the same sentiments as yours:Nigeria is in a clear and present danger due to years of misrule that has reached the depths with Buhari's monumental error and its therefore only a mad man or woman that would still be arse licking at this stage.
Buhari has not only put the continued corporate existence of Nigeria at risk,but has damaged us in almost all spheres of our life,putting our present, immediate future and those of generations at risk.
This is no time for arse licking,blind sycophancy or stone age appeal to ethnic or religious sentiments because the next 1year may break or rescue Nigeria if we don't realize the monumental danger we are in and contribute our own little bit to overcome the satanic forces presently holding us all by the jugular.
Re: APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign by able20(m): 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
agwom:
Sai baba...APC has turned upside down cry
in Just less than 4 years.A house with fake foundation will collapse.
Re: APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
...everyone knows that the appointment of Asiwaju Tinubu will create more division within the APC party....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Mocks Amaechi Over Anti Buhari Leaked Tapes / Rare Picture Of Bokoharam Checkpoint (pics) / Any Attempt To Include The Niger Delta Into Biafra Will Be Met With Brutal Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.