Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! (5811 Views)

South Africa Plans To Empower Black Farmers With New Land Reform Process / Nigerian Professor, Temitope Oriola Appointed Advisor On Police Reform In Canada / South Africa: Debate Begins On Land Reform In Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

Quite a few.....as in those trained by companies like Agri and Afgri, never said they owned there own farms but they manage huge commercial farms owned by those companies.

90% of successful land claimants take the money instead of the land....what's your take on that?

Also if you can't debate in a civil manner, then we're going to close the thread.

I actually know quite a number of them and they doing well , which defeats the rhetoric chanted by black Monday protesters " no Boer no pap " lol.

90% ? , like I said before , I don't subscribe to afriforum propaganda. And whether or not they endup selling the land , so what ? It is their land , they can do what ever they want with it.

By the way , you don't get to direct things here.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 8:49am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

As i told you before.....only those that have never experienced war, actually call for it. Be careful what you wish for!

The country has always been a war zone , so it won't be anything new lol.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

I actually know quite a number of them and they doing well , which defeats the rhetoric chanted by black Monday protesters " no Boer no pap " lol.

90% ? , like I said before , I don't subscribe to afriforum propaganda. And whether or not they endup selling the land , so what ? It is their land , they can do what ever they want with it.

By the way , you don't get to direct things here.
If you cant stick by the rules then you'll get banned, simple as that.....All of us(SAns) here want a prosperous South Africa for all SAns, we only differ how we going to get there......So keep your posts civil!!

Majority of commercial farmers are white, and South Africa being a net importer of food, it would devastated the economy and the food security if there were no Boere.

Yes I agree it's their land and they can do what they like with it....however if they decide that they take the money instead of the land, that means the land is thus state owned land.......and 2/3rds of the 30 billion hectares the Government owns is unproductive.

patches689:

This is an extremely contentious issue - thus I ask that commentators keep arguments and responses respectful, and focus on the "idea" and not on the "person" advancing the idea. Substantiate your arguments with facts as much as possible.

Racism, Xenophobia and Foul Language will not be tolerated.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

The country has always been a war zone , so it won't be anything new lol.
Only a person who has never seen a war zone would say things like this.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:
Wasn't talking about any of your typo's......I was Literally referring to your message. How must people debate in a civil manner when one has literally said she wishes white people(Like myself) die in the most brutal manner possible?

At least Jkay187 provides decent counter points and isn't so obsessed with the killing of another human being like you are!!

Also if farmers killed for the farms they are on then you should open a case at your nearest police station!

Lastly like yourself, Zuma is the furthest thing from a patriot one could ever get!!

I have no issues with the average white South African , they don't own the land in question so I have no reason to wish them death. I'm talking about those who own or manage farms , raping and killing innocent children of farm workers. I am in total support of having them necklaced .

No , the police and courts will take another 24 years to resolve the issue. I support jungle justice in instances like this lol.

Me and zuma are the biggest Patriots you will ever find in South Africa lol. The unpatriotic idiots are the ones who want to compensated for their criminal activities .
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 9:23am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

If you cant stick by the rules then you'll get banned, simple as that.....All of us(SAns) here want a prosperous South Africa for all SAns, we only differ how we going to get there......So keep your posts civil!!

Majority of commercial farmers are white, and South Africa being a net importer of food, it would devastated the economy and the food security if there were no Boere.

Yes I agree it's their land and they can do what they like with it....however if they decide that they take the money instead of the land, that means the land is thus state owned land.......and 2/3rds of the 30 billion hectares the Government owns is unproductive.

Lol, I didn't see those rules before .

A prosperous South Africa will only be possible, once the issue is resolved. Having more players in the Agri sector will help boost the economy and get people off grants . Yes , majority are white, with stolen land. The Boeres are only hyping themselves, and the whole "food security " noise is getting old, more like the " with this radical economic transformation process, investors will run grin, the rand will drop grin". The boere is only exporting to get rich, while the country is importing things that can be locally produced. The people doing the actual farming are the ones who want their land back anyways.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 9:24am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

Only a person who has never seen a war zone would say things like this.

Lol, how many war zones have you been in? .

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

I have no issues with the average white South African , they don't own the land in question so I have no reason to wish them death. I'm talking about those who own or manage farms , raping and killing innocent children of farm workers. I am in total support of having them necklaced .

No , the police and courts will take another 24 years to resolve the issue. I support jungle justice in instances like this lol.

Me and zuma are the biggest Patriots you will ever find in South Africa lol. The unpatriotic idiots are the ones who want to compensated for their criminal activities .
- Don't generalize....most abide by employers act, and treat their workers fairly as prescribed by law.

- We are not a Banana republic, citizens should abide by the law, there is no place for mob justice in a nearly developed country like SA.

- A patriot would never wish for war and death of it's own citizens, and would also not build him/her self a R232 million mansion, in expense of those living in poverty.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

Lol, how many war zones have you been in? .
Enough to know that SA isn't one!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

Lol, I didn't see those rules before .

1.A prosperous South Africa will only be possible, once the issue is resolved. Having more players in the Agri sector will help boost the economy and get people off grants . Yes , 2.majority are white, with stolen land. 3.The Boeres are only hyping themselves, and the whole "food security " noise is getting old, more like the " with this radical economic transformation process, investors will run grin, the rand will drop grin". 4.The boere is only exporting to get rich, while the country is importing things that can be locally produced. The people doing the actual farming are the ones who want their land back anyways.
1. Yes i agree fully!! The land issue should be resolved, hence i've supported fair,efficient and effective land reform policies as set out by both the DA and Afriforum.

2. If these so called white farmers have stolen someones land, then YOU as a patriotic SAn should open a case of theft by your nearest police station.

3. Both are a fact though, populist policies would ruin the economy....that's a fact.

4. Farming is a business, and a people start a business to make money, nothing wrong with farmers earning money through farming if done legally!!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 9:52am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

- Don't generalize....most abide by employers act, and treat their workers fairly as prescribed by law.

- We are not a Banana republic, citizens should abide by the law, there is no place for mob justice in a nearly developed country like SA.

- A patriot would never wish for war and death of it's own citizens, and would also not build him/her self a R232 million mansion, in expense of those living in poverty.

No , most are evil and pay their workers poorly , plus the living conditions....don't even want to go there.

He paid the 7million that was unfairly allocated to the project , the rest belonged to him. Agent Madonsela ' "forgot" to let us all know that it was actually agent Thulas Nxesi and not zuma that made that " mistake " .
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

1. Yes i agree fully!! The land issue should be resolved, hence i've supported fair,efficient and effective land reform policies as set out by both the DA and Afriforum.

2. If these so called white farmers have stolen someones land, then YOU as a patriotic SAn should open a case of theft by your nearest police station.

3. Both are a fact though, populist policies would ruin the economy....that's a fact.

4. Farming is a business, and a people start a business to make money, nothing wrong with farmers earning money through farming if done legally!!

1. Anything from afriforum will never work for South Africa. Afriforum, soliditary, and them are biased .

2. The implementation of the the ANC policies will solve this.

3. Lol, let it be ruined . We will recover after dealing with the root problems. After all , the ANC inherited a messed up economy and we recovered. The hostage situation must come to an end.

4. Yes, they do. Now let's give others a chance to make money off their land too.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

No , most are evil and pay their workers poorly , plus the living conditions....don't even want to go there.

He paid the 7million that was unfairly allocated to the project , the rest belonged to him. Agent Madonsela ' "forgot" to let us all know that it was actually agent Thulas Nxesi and not zuma that made that " mistake " .

1. Opinion =/= Fact

2. So your telling me Zuma has R225 million to spend on a house??......and before you say anything about other incomes streams, just remember you said you dislike CR because you can't understand how he got that rich?
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

1. Anything from afriforum will never work for South Africa. Afriforum, soliditary, and them are biased .

3. Lol, let it be ruined . We will recover after dealing with the root problems. After all , the ANC inherited a messed up economy and we recovered. The hostage situation must come to an end.

4. Yes, they do. Now let's give others a chance to make money off their land too.

1. Opinion=/= fact.......most of the things you say is biased btw!

2. IMO it wont, in fact it will decimate property rights and ruin the economy....we've seen this happen in Zim

3. Zimbabwe never recovered, in fact they are bringing white farmers back now, who were evicted from their farms just to restart there agri sector. 3.1 yes the ANC inherited a pretty much destroyed economy and rebuild it with great economic policies, and land reform without compensation wasn't one of them!! Also you can't knowingly destroy your economy and simply build it up again as you claim....it doesn't work like that. once it's destroyed everybody suffers even more than they had!

4. I agree.....hence i support fair,efficient and effective land reform policies!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 10:29am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

1. Opinion =/= Fact

2. So your telling me Zuma has R225 million to spend on a house??......and before you say anything about other incomes streams, just remember you said you dislike CR because you can't understand how he got that rich?

Fact!

Lol, he clearly does. If zuma had earned that money illegally , I believe the DA , Sundaytimes and Madonsela would have made sure we know about it. The fact that they kept shut about it after he paid the 7million, is quite telling.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 10:43am On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

1. Opinion=/= fact.......most of the things you say is biased btw!

2. IMO it wont, in fact it will decimate property rights and ruin the economy....we've seen this happen in Zim

3. Zimbabwe never recovered, in fact they are bringing white farmers back now, who were evicted from their farms just to restart there agri sector. 3.1 yes the ANC inherited a pretty much destroyed economy and rebuild it with great economic policies, and land reform without compensation wasn't one of them!! Also you can't knowingly destroy your economy and simply build it up again as you claim....it doesn't work like that. once it's destroyed everybody suffers even more than they had!

4. I agree.....hence i support fair,efficient and effective land reform policies!

Lol.

The whole Zim scare tactic is getting old. The economy of Zimbabwe was destroyed by the sanctions. It's a western myth that black Zimbabweans were incapable of using their land productively . Maybe Emmerson is trying to asslick the Queen for funds ? Lol. If they could rebuild it after 94, then they can do it again. Yes , it won't be so easy but it's doable.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

Fact!

Lol, he clearly does. If zuma had earned that money illegally , I believe the DA , Sundaytimes and Madonsela would have made sure we know about it. The fact that they kept shut about it after he paid the 7million, is quite telling.

Unfortunately in the real world simply saying something is a fact doesn't make it one unless backed up with substantial proof...... You say that Afriforum and DAs land reform policies won't work...... But you haven't even bothered to read them!!

783 corruption charges is quite telling!!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Lionessza:

Lol.

The whole Zim scare tactic is getting old. The economy of Zimbabwe was destroyed by the sanctions. It's a western myth that black Zimbabweans were incapable of using their land productively . Maybe Emmerson is trying to asslick the Queen for funds ? Lol. If they could rebuild it after 94, then they can do it again. Yes , it won't be so easy but it's doable.
The whole agricultural sector was destroyed..... Zimbabwe went from the bread basket of Africa to having half the population starve....that can't be blamed on sanctions since SA pre94 was also heavily sanctioned by the whole world ... Yet the argri was still able to produce enough food for everyone

The whole point of a government is to improve the living standards of the people...... It is literally impossible to improve anything with a destroyed economy. So your logic of destroying then rebuilding the economy imo makes no sense.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
jln115:

The whole agricultural sector was destroyed..... Zimbabwe went from the bread basket of Africa to having half the population starve....that can't be blamed on sanctions since SA pre94 was also heavily sanctioned by the whole world ... Yet the argri was still able to produce enough food for everyone

The whole point of a government is to improve the living standards of the people...... It is literally impossible to improve anything with a destroyed economy. So your logic of destroying then rebuilding the economy imo makes no sense.

That's a very common narrative-pity its untrue.

The media story about efficient white commercial farms is a half truth at best: at independence in 1980, 700,000 black farmers were squeezed onto 53% of the farmland, while 6,000 white farmers had 46% (and often the best land at that). Yet when Zimbabwe achieved majority rule, one third of white farmers were insolvent and a third were just about breaking even. Only 5% (300 people!) could be described as ‘very profitable’
3 researchers made field trips and concluded
‘In the biggest land reform in Africa, 6,000 white farmers have been replaced by 245,000 Zimbabwean farmers. Zimbabwe’s land reform has not been neat, and huge problems remain. But 245,000 new farmers have received land, and most of them are farming it. They have raised their own standard of living; have already reached production levels of the former white farmers; and with a bit of support, are ready to substantially increase that production.’

https://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/has-zimbabwes-land-reform-actually-been-a-success-a-new-book-says-yes/

I'm not expecting BBC/CNN/SKY to inform us, though.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 5:27am On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

We will always differ with what destroyed Zimbabwe.

The South African economy was a mess before 94 and it was later fixed , there is no evidence that this time around we will fail. Anyway , I'm sure the rand has improved since last night' s reshuffle grin. Cyril Oppenheimer didn't dissapoint ; Nene , Mantashe and Gordhan lol.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

3 no name researchers vs 1000s of journalists and researchers including the UN whom actually had to provide food on the ground for starving Zimbabweans.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/02/zimbabwe-pleads-cash-stop-mass-starvation-160209181824106.html

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/news-and-prophecy/mass-starvation-in-zimbabwe

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2002/12/26/world/after-zimbabwe-s-land-revolution-new-farmers-struggle-and-starve.html?referer=https://www.google.co.za/

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/world/africa/2017-03-01-rural-zimbabwe-empties-as-land-reform-policy-collapses/

https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/starving-zimbabweans-want-farmers-to-stay-91106

You can't just dismiss their findings! They spent more time on the ground than agenda driven parachute Anglo zionist journos! I actually read through your links and here's what stands out:drought. Zim has suffered a succession of droughts since the early 2000s that frankly makes even a Kenyan wonder. Fyi every 5-7 years here the rains fail but Zimbos have suffered more than the norm.
In fact IIRC,the latest drought followed on the heels of floods last year. Imo,this isn't normal and strongly suggests weather warfare-I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so:
A state-run newspaper in Zimbabwe has suggested the UK and US are to blame for droughts in southern Africa.
The Herald said climate change has been artificially induced "in a bid to arm-twist the region to capitulate to the whims of the world's superpowers".

It said weather was being manipulated for political gain using unspecified "unconventional" chemical weapons.

It is widely seen as a mouthpiece for President Robert Mugabe's government, correspondents say.

It said recent droughts, which defied predictions by the Zimbabwean government and the Southern African Development Community's Drought Monitoring Centre, pointed to the possibility of the weather being manipulated for political purposes.

"The overt and covert machinations by Zimbabwe's former colonial ruler Britain, which has declared its intentions to effect illegal regime change in Harare, have given credence to the conspiracy theory," the paper said.

It said that the US Famine Early Warning System had predicted famine in Zimbabwe six months before it occurred.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4630443.stm

Mind you this was over a decade ago,2005 to be exact. These droughts aren't normal!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

You can't just dismiss their findings! They spent more time on the ground than agenda driven parachute Anglo zionist journos! I actually read through your links and here's what stands out:drought. Zim has suffered a succession of droughts since the early 2000s that frankly makes even a Kenyan wonder. Fyi every 5-7 years here the rains fail but Zimbos have suffered more than the norm.
In fact IIRC,the latest drought followed on the heels of floods last year. Imo,this isn't normal and strongly suggests weather warfare-I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4630443.stm

Mind you this was over a decade ago,2005 to be exact. These droughts aren't normal!
Yes some of them are drought related but not all, regardless SA had droughts that where even worst in terms of rain fall, in 2015-16 yet we never had a food shortage??

Also they might have spent more time on the ground than some journos, but the UN were literally feeding 25% of the Nation.....that's very well documented, you just have to go on to the UNs website and see for your self!!

Weather warfare?? bro really? do you read before you post?
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2018
Lionessza:

We will always differ with what destroyed Zimbabwe.

The South African economy was a mess before 94 and it was later fixed , there is no evidence that this time around we will fail. Anyway , I'm sure the rand has improved since last night' s reshuffle grin. Cyril Oppenheimer didn't dissapoint ; Nene , Mantashe and Gordhan lol.
- Nothing wrong with disagreeing, we all have different opinions and there's nothing wrong with that, but at least now we can have a civil debate about this, So anyway my question to you is...Ignoring the sanction that collapsed Zims economy, what actually caused the Agri sector to collapse? bare in mind that pre94 SA was heavily sanction not just by the west but also the east, yet the agri sector never collapsed?

-I agree 100% i do think we can fix this broken economy left by Zuma, and IMO CR is the man to do it.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Jkay187(m): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

You do realize that sanctions against apartheid SA was a fallacy, because most of those sanctions were bypassed by the very countries who implemented them while some leaders like UK's former old hag prime minister Margaret Thatcher openly supported the NP policies at times. Zim only starved because most of there imports are coming in by trains and trucks, because it has no port to directly import goods and the fact that its finance ministers mismanaged there currency to a point where they just printed money. It was never the land issue that made Zim digress it was simple bad management of its economy.

I must say that your assertion that SA agri sector will fall if there is expropriation is also not true, because the agri industry has already not been performing for close to 16years now because of SA's following of open market policies without protecting farmers that led to dumping of EU farming products that cut farming in SA by 35% already.

Its not just the prerogative of the gov to grow the economy and get people out of poverty, but its also the private sector and especially those who benefited from the past regime to lend a hand in nation building. As long as there will be some organizations who resists transforming and gov not implementing good policies they already have and stop there corrupt practices these issues of land reform will continue.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Jkay187(m): 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

- Nothing wrong with disagreeing, we all have different opinions and there's nothing wrong with that, but at least now we can have a civil debate about this, So anyway my question to you is...Ignoring the sanction that collapsed Zims economy, what actually caused the Agri sector to collapse? bare in mind that pre94 SA was heavily sanction not just by the west but also the east, yet the agri sector never collapsed?

-I agree 100% i do think we can fix this broken economy left by Zuma, and IMO CR is the man to do it.

The answer is simple SA farmers survived because it relied on cheap slave labor. Farm workers had no labor rights worked long hours without decent working conditions or living standards. Till today some of those conditions still exists just go look at the Western Cape, Northern Cape "dop system" that has had devastating effects on farming communities and has led to crippling social health problems.

Your view on Zim is mostly sanctioned on a Western media ideology and lacks substance. The issues in Zim is much more complex and it also borders on foreign interference and economic sabotage. We can even conclude that the West especially the UK took Zims stance on land reform so personal that it even covertly sponsored an illegal coup at some point involving British nationals.

My point is that we should judge Zim and SA differently, because it has profoundly different sets of conditions economically and politically. Scare mongering just to drive a certain political narrative won't give us here debating the issue of land reform in SA any consensus.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

Yes some of them are drought related but not all, regardless SA had droughts that where even worst in terms of rain fall, in 2015-16 yet we never had a food shortage??

Also they might have spent more time on the ground than some journos, but the UN were literally feeding 25% of the Nation.....that's very well documented, you just have to go on to the UNs website and see for your self!!

jln115:

CALM YOUR TITTAYS,SON! Weather warfare has been a reality for at least half a century beginning in the Vietnam war. Here's an excerpt from the history channel on how the US engineered worsened weather above the Ho Chi Minh trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpr5JVWjIW4

Operation Popeye (Project Controlled Weather Popeye / Motorpool / Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967–1972. The cloud seeding operation during the Vietnam War ran from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972 in an attempt to extend the monsoon season, specifically over areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. [/b]The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia

Fyi,that's wiki! Ain't no easily dismissed 'conspiracy website,' but the nets largest resource-srsly,familiarise yourself with the ways of the world.

Fifty cloud seeding experiments were conducted with the result that 82% of the clouds produced rain within a brief period after having been seeded. [b]It was claimed that one of the clouds drifted across the Vietnam border and dropped nine inches of rain on a US special forces camp over a four-hour period. After the successful completion of the test phase, Project Popeye transitioned from an experiment to an operational program of the U.S. Defense department
The same people,the Anglo Zionists,have decided to make an example of a 3rd world nation defying their dictates in the DRC and regarding land appropriation and[b] suffers a serious drought every 2-3 years;and you think its coincidence?![/b] Imagine what they can do now!

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lionessza:

1. Every group is biased, thats their job - to agitate/negotiate for their constitutions. What you dont seem to know is that Agriforum and AgriSA both represent many thousands of black commercial farmers - they too will get badly hit by this new policy. When you wipe $15 billion off the bank's books, you can bet your bottom dollar that aint nobody gunna be putting capital into Agri.

2. Those same problems have never worked, ever, they have been implimented many many times across the world. The end result is always the same.

3. We will not recover. Cast your eye across Africa - no nation has yet truly recovered from the chaos such policies have caused.

4. How will replacing 40 or 50 thousand white famers with 40 or 50 thousand black farmers change anything? Unemployment stands at roughly 15 million people.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lionessza:

Lol.

"muh sanctions"
"muh causation and correlation"
"muh narrative"

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

That's a very common narrative-pity its untrue.

3 researchers made field trips and concluded
https://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/has-zimbabwes-land-reform-actually-been-a-success-a-new-book-says-yes/

I'm not expecting BBC/CNN/SKY to inform us, though.

Thats bollocks though, I saw the interveiw with the Author of the book.

She argues that it was a "success" because she refused to determin success/failure according to "capitalist standards".

Ie: Old communist is happy that ideological goals are met, failing to understand the true role of modern mechanised agriculture - which is that of cash crops designed to be traded on foreign markets and thus drawing capital into your own economy - capital which is then used to develop secondary industries which have a direct correlation with increased standards of living, because, you know, we dont want people struggling in the feilds, we would prefer to move them into cities/factories/offices.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

You do realize that sanctions against apartheid SA was a fallacy, because most of those sanctions were bypassed by the very countries who implemented them while some leaders like UK's former old hag prime minister Margaret Thatcher openly supported the NP policies at times. Zim only starved because most of there imports are coming in by trains and trucks, because it has no port to directly import goods and the fact that its finance ministers mismanaged there currency to a point where they just printed money. It was never the land issue that made Zim digress it was simple bad management of its economy.

I must say that your assertion that SA agri sector will fall if there is expropriation is also not true, because the agri industry has already not been performing for close to 16years now because of SA's following of open market policies without protecting farmers that led to dumping of EU farming products that cut farming in SA by 35% already.

Its not just the prerogative of the gov to grow the economy and get people out of poverty, but its also the private sector and especially those who benefited from the past regime to lend a hand in nation building. As long as there will be some organizations who resists transforming and gov not implementing good policies they already have and stop there corrupt practices these issues of land reform will continue.

Where to begin with this?

Its tough when people dont understand basic free-market economics...

The economic collapse in Zim was mainly due to the fact that capital freaked the fvck out when the land invasions happened (for good reason) and people stopped investing/withdrew capital and dumped Zim dollars, stocks and bonds into the market - in other-words, billions of USD evaporated over night. Zimbabwe has received (according to the world bank) HALF A BILLION DOLLARS IN AID, you cant say they are "under sanctions".

Second, yes, it is good that RSA has the economic policy it has with regards to farming. Not subsidising agri means that:

1. Taxes are not spent paying people to do their jobs (badly)
2. Open trade brings in food products cheaper, this means that people spend less on food, this means that people have more money to spend on other things - this leads to growth in other sectors. Equally because of #1, government can spend capital on other more meaningful things or they could cut taxes (as if) thus further improving the effect outlined in #2.

No, it is governments job to do neither. If you just leave private enterprise alone, it will grow and that will get people out of poverty. It really is that simple. India and China did just that - they got government out of the way - and as a result about a billion people have been lifted out of extreme poverty in just 30 years.

Finally, I fail to see how it is "white peoples responsibility" to have their assets stripped from them for no other reason than they are white. I also fail to see how stripping white people of their rights will lead to "nation building"

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

CALM YOUR TITTAYS,SON! Weather warfare has been a reality for at least half a century beginning in the Vietnam war. Here's an excerpt from the history channel on how the US engineered worsened weather above the Ho Chi Minh trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpr5JVWjIW4

Fyi,that's wiki! Ain't no easily dismissed 'conspiracy website,' but the nets largest resource-srsly,familiarise yourself with the ways of the world.

The same people,the Anglo Zionists,have decided to make an example of a 3rd world nation defying their dictates in the DRC and regarding land appropriation and[b] suffers a serious drought every 2-3 years;and you think its coincidence?![/b] Imagine what they can do now!
Bro just no grin grin grin

Dude I know what cloud seeding is!! We've been doing it in SA for years.....unfortunately cloud seeding is less effective in an already arid country since for cloud seeding to work you already need rain clouds in the air....cloud seeding for the most part only increases the rain fall in an already forming storm... And only by a few percent!! Hence it couldn't /can't work in CT.

Also the cloud seeding operation in Vietnam had a minimal effect.... I'll even go as far to say it had 0 effect and was a complete waste of money!! between 1968-72 when operation popeye took place the average rain fall barely increased, if increased at all!!

Dude did you just seriously say "Fyi,that's wiki! Ain't no easily dismissed 'conspiracy website,' but the nets largest resource-srsly"
Fyi,that's wiki! Ain't no easily dismissed 'conspiracy website,' but the nets largest resource-srsly" do you know what Wikipedia is?? Do you know that any person can just go edit a Wikipedia site as he wishes? Hence Wikipedia can never under any circumstances be used as an academic source??

Lastly Zimbabwe and SA suffered similar weather patterns in the last few years.... Yet you've never heard our government making ridiculous claims about weather manipulation. It's a fact that Southern Africa is getting dryer due to climate change.... So the droughts you're talking about is not surprising at all!! Neither is it a coincidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toto: Meet 24-year-old Kenyan Lady Who Is Trending On Twitter / China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment / Whoopi Goldberg Walks Out Crying After Confronting Elon Musk On 'The View’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.