Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! (5810 Views)

South Africa Plans To Empower Black Farmers With New Land Reform Process / Nigerian Professor, Temitope Oriola Appointed Advisor On Police Reform In Canada / South Africa: Debate Begins On Land Reform In Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

The answer is simple SA farmers survived because it relied on cheap slave labor. Farm workers had no labor rights worked long hours without decent working conditions or living standards. Till today some of those conditions still exists just go look at the Western Cape, Northern Cape "dop system" that has had devastating effects on farming communities and has led to crippling social health problems.

Your view on Zim is mostly sanctioned on a Western media ideology and lacks substance. The issues in Zim is much more complex and it also borders on foreign interference and economic sabotage. We can even conclude that the West especially the UK took Zims stance on land reform so personal that it even covertly sponsored an illegal coup at some point involving British nationals.

My point is that we should judge Zim and SA differently, because it has profoundly different sets of conditions economically and politically. Scare mongering just to drive a certain political narrative won't give us here debating the issue of land reform in SA any consensus.
Think Patches689 pretty much summed it up in his post
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

The answer is simple SA farmers survived because it relied on cheap slave labor. Farm workers had no labor rights worked long hours without decent working conditions or living standards. Till today some of those conditions still exists just go look at the Western Cape, Northern Cape "dop system" that has had devastating effects on farming communities and has led to crippling social health problems.

Your view on Zim is mostly sanctioned on a Western media ideology and lacks substance. The issues in Zim is much more complex and it also borders on foreign interference and economic sabotage. We can even conclude that the West especially the UK took Zims stance on land reform so personal that it even covertly sponsored an illegal coup at some point involving British nationals.

My point is that we should judge Zim and SA differently, because it has profoundly different sets of conditions economically and politically. Scare mongering just to drive a certain political narrative won't give us here debating the issue of land reform in SA any consensus.

"Land seizure in Zimbabwe is different"
"Land seizure in Angola is different"
"Land seizure in Zambia is different"
"Land seizure in DRC is different"
"Land seizure in Uganda is different"
"Land seizure in Tanzania is different"
"Land seizure in Ukraine is different"
"Land seizure in Russia is different"
"Land seizure in China is different"
"Land seizure in Venezuela is different"
(i could keep going, but I think you get the point)

If similar policy keeps having similar results, you cannot argue that there is "a difference"

And if you think, for even a second, that global capital wont treat South Africa like Zimbabwe, you are deeply mistaken. No one is going to invest a single penny in a country where they may end up having that penny seized from them, equally they arent going to keep a single penny their either.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Jkay187(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
patches689:

Where to begin with this?

Its tough when people dont understand basic free-market economics...

The economic collapse in Zim was mainly due to the fact that capital freaked the fvck out when the land invasions happened (for good reason) and people stopped investing/withdrew capital and dumped Zim dollars, stocks and bonds into the market - in other-words, billions of USD evaporated over night. Zimbabwe has received (according to the world bank) HALF A BILLION DOLLARS IN AID, you cant say they are "under sanctions".

Second, yes, it is good that RSA has the economic policy it has with regards to farming. Not subsidising agri means that:

1. Taxes are not spent paying people to do their jobs (badly)
2. Open trade brings in food products cheaper, this means that people spend less on food, this means that people have more money to spend on other things - this leads to growth in other sectors. Equally because of #1, government can spend capital on other more meaningful things or they could cut taxes (as if) thus further improving the effect outlined in #2.

No, it is governments job to do neither. If you just leave private enterprise alone, it will grow and that will get people out of poverty. It really is that simple. India and China did just that - they got government out of the way - and as a result about a billion people have been lifted out of extreme poverty in just 30 years.

Finally, I fail to see how it is "white peoples responsibility" to have their assets stripped from them for no other reason than they are white. I also fail to see how stripping white people of their rights will lead to "nation building"

Ok Patchy I see know I'm dealing with a free market economic advocate.

Capital flights out of Zim was 1st because of sanctions then came the disastrous Mugabe policies and self enrichment policies for its elites.

On the issue of not subsidizing farming just answer me 1 thing. Does the EU who advocate free market systems not subsidize its farming Yes/No and then insist that countries like SA and the rest of the world except there cheaper products and then in return the EU put in tariff barriers to smaller nations like SA to access there markets by setting restrictive rules to enter there markets.

Open trade don't always lead to cheaper goods there are other consequences that arise also, just look at how companies like Mital Steel in SA went down under cheap Chinese gov supported steel imports. Just to give another example, just take a look at Trumps current policies today and tell me where they stand on this issue of free trade and market reforms.

You know you are talking bull when it comes to China and you know this because China has a dual system and has a far larger market compared to Zim or SA so you cannot even compare the two. In China the government first focused on building its industries before opening it up to foreign investment. China today still focus on state run companies in its economy. It still a communist state with limited free market principals and that's a fact.

China is big enough to dictate to the West its terms and conditions to market entry, the opposite is true when it comes to africa and its fragmented small states. China uses its large state owned banks to invest in its indigenous industries can the same be said about SA. Another fact that u seem to ignore also is that China also controls the Media in that country and the west looks the other way, can we say the same here in africa if we did that then there will be all sorts of sanctions and aid withdrawals. If you want to compare countries do it case by case.

Finally I think you are just being disingenuous on the land policy because we don't even have the final draft passed not to talk about its constitutionality that will still need to be assessed by the constitution if its to be accepted.

Most of the politicians right know including those racist broederbond diccckheads from FF+ and Solidarity are just playing politics with there constituents and ganging up the swart gevaar issues. The ANC knows that if there is a Zim style land redistribution there will be issues in SA simply because there is a large substantial white population in SA and it can lead to instability.

That said there will and must be meaningful land distribution in SA for its long term stability and everyone should support it, but it should be done in a manner that every South African agrees to it and that it should not affect investments nor the guarantee of property rights for both white and blacks.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

Capital flights out of Zim was 1st because of sanctions then came the disastrous Mugabe policies and self enrichment policies for its elites.

On the issue of not subsidizing farming just answer me 1 thing. Does the EU who advocate free market systems not subsidize its farming Yes/No and then insist that countries like SA and the rest of the world except there cheaper products and then in return the EU put in tariff barriers to smaller nations like SA to access there markets by setting restrictive rules to enter there markets.

Open trade don't always lead to cheaper goods there are other consequences that arise also, just look at how companies like Mital Steel in SA went down under cheap Chinese gov supported steel imports. Just to give another example, just take a look at Trumps current policies today and tell me where they stand on this issue of free trade and market reforms.

You know you are talking bull when it comes to China and you know this because China has a dual system and has a far larger market compared to Zim or SA so you cannot even compare the two. In China the government first focused on building its industries before opening it up to foreign investment. China today still focus on state run companies in its economy. It still a communist state with limited free market principals and that's a fact.

China is big enough to dictate to the West its terms and conditions to market entry, the opposite is true when it comes to africa and its fragmented small states. China uses its large state owned banks to invest in its indigenous industries can the same be said about SA. Another fact that u seem to ignore also is that China also controls the Media in that country and the west looks the other way, can we say the same here in africa if we did that then there will be all sorts of sanctions and aid withdrawals. If you want to compare countries do it case by case.

Finally I think you are just being disingenuous on the land policy because we don't even have the final draft passed not to talk about its constitutionality that will still need to be assessed by the constitution if its to be accepted.

Most of the politicians right know including those racist broederbond diccckheads from FF+ and Solidarity are just playing politics with there constituents and ganging up the swart gevaar issues. The ANC knows that if there is a Zim style land redistribution there will be issues in SA simply because there is a large substantial white population in SA and it can lead to instability.

That said there will and must be meaningful land distribution in SA for its long term stability and everyone should support it, but it should be done in a manner that every South African agrees to it and that it should not affect investments nor the guarantee of property rights for both white and blacks.
Ill leave Patches to replay to the rest of your post.

But could you please tell me how you propose to achieve the bolded through land reform without compensation?.....also would you not agree that the land that should be redistributed first, is the over 20 million hectares owned by the Government??
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
Well parliament has decided to amend Sec 25 of the constitution, only time will tell what will happen. I truly hope that the land reform process will be fair and just and will not lead to property right and economic ruin.....however i have my doubts!!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Jkay187(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
patches689:

"Land seizure in Zimbabwe is different"
"Land seizure in Angola is different"
"Land seizure in Zambia is different"
"Land seizure in DRC is different"
"Land seizure in Uganda is different"
"Land seizure in Tanzania is different"
"Land seizure in Ukraine is different"
"Land seizure in Russia is different"
"Land seizure in China is different"
"Land seizure in Venezuela is different"
(i could keep going, but I think you get the point)

If similar policy keeps having similar results, you cannot argue that there is "a difference"

And if you think, for even a second, that global capital wont treat South Africa like Zimbabwe, you are deeply mistaken. No one is going to invest a single penny in a country where they may end up having that penny seized from them, equally they arent going to keep a single penny their either.

Now you just being foolish or plain condescending. Why you trying to prove your point by referencing those countries that has never even went through apartheid policies that was part of SA longer then any other former western colony, by the way since when was there a Western colonization of "Russia". So no I don't want to get your point. Show me one country in the last 80 years that has had Apartheid racial segregation and group areas spatial policies imposed by a minority racial group in S.S.Africa.

Where do you get the idea that money or land will just be seized without any due diligence. This reminds when some whites keep on telling people that blacks are all corrupt and cannot run a company or country yet there are more examples of them being corrupt the world over.

No one is seizing anything yet.

3 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
patches689:

1. Every group is biased, thats their job - to agitate/negotiate for their constitutions. What you dont seem to know is that Agriforum and AgriSA both represent many thousands of black commercial farmers - they too will get badly hit by this new policy. When you wipe $15 billion off the bank's books, you can bet your bottom dollar that aint nobody gunna be putting capital into Agri.

2. Those same problems have never worked, ever, they have been implimented many many times across the world. The end result is always the same.

3. We will not recover. Cast your eye across Africa - no nation has yet truly recovered from the chaos such policies have caused.

4. How will replacing 40 or 50 thousand white famers with 40 or 50 thousand black farmers change anything? Unemployment stands at roughly 15 million people.

I get it but here in Kenya the resettlement scheme largely worked. A million+ acres of the former white highlands went to 25 k landless black families.
Resentment against the European farming enclave in the 'White Highlands' was one possible basis, but the British Government, under heavy pressure from Europeans, pre-empted this issue through the land resettlement programme.
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Resettlement_Schemes_in_Post-Colonial_Kenya

The process wasn't perfect-there was inefficiency but by and large the handover was successful. The descendants of these Africans are Kenya's middle class,many still small scale farming these same holdings.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
patches689:

Thats bollocks though, I saw the interveiw with the Author of the book.

She argues that it was a "success" because she refused to determin success/failure according to "capitalist standards".

Ie: Old communist is happy that ideological goals are met, failing to understand the true role of modern mechanised agriculture - which is that of cash crops designed to be traded on foreign markets and thus drawing capital into your own economy - capital which is then used to develop secondary industries which have a direct correlation with increased standards of living, because, you know, we dont want people struggling in the feilds, we would prefer to move them into cities/factories/offices.

Yes,there's often a commie conceptualisation among these types. But,really,imo,the land issue transcends such simplistic arguments.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

I get it but here in Kenya the resettlement scheme largely worked. A million+ acres of the former white highlands went to 25 k landless black families.
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Resettlement_Schemes_in_Post-Colonial_Kenya

The process wasn't perfect-there was inefficiency but by and large the handover was successful. The descendants of these Africans are Kenya's middle class,many still small scale farming these same holdings.
Dude I think your missing the point totally!! Neither me or Patches are against land reform.......we are against land reform without compensation!!

Let me quote a passage from your source: "The first phase of land resettlement enabled 5,000 experienced farmers,who had proved their ability and accumulated some savings, to purchase and develop subdivisions of European farms with the financial aid of the World Bank"

see the bolded word?? We support land resettlement projects like the one you mentioned above!!

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

Bro just no grin grin grin

Dude I know what cloud seeding is!! We've been doing it in SA for years.....unfortunately cloud seeding is less effective in an already arid country since for cloud seeding to work you already need rain clouds in the air....cloud seeding for the most part only increases the rain fall in an already forming storm... And only by a few percent!! Hence it couldn't /can't work in CT.

Also the cloud seeding operation in Vietnam had a minimal effect.... I'll even go as far to say it had 0 effect and was a complete waste of money!! between 1968-72 when operation popeye took place the average rain fall barely increased, if increased at all!!

Dude did you just seriously say "Fyi,that's wiki! Ain't no easily dismissed 'conspiracy website,' but the nets largest resource-srsly"
Fyi,that's wiki! Ain't no easily dismissed 'conspiracy website,' but the nets largest resource-srsly" do you know what Wikipedia is?? Do you know that any person can just go edit a Wikipedia site as he wishes? Hence Wikipedia can never under any circumstances be used as an academic source??

Lastly Zimbabwe and SA suffered similar weather patterns in the last few years.... Yet you've never heard our government making ridiculous claims about weather manipulation. It's a fact that Southern Africa is getting dryer due to climate change.... So the droughts you're talking about is not surprising at all!! Neither is it a coincidence.

You're deliberately misunderstanding me. The post was about the possibility of weather warfare being used against Zim-not cloud seeding. Did you see this?
Fifty cloud seeding experiments were conducted with the result that 82% of the clouds produced rain within a brief period after having been seeded. It was claimed that one of the clouds drifted across the Vietnam border and dropped nine inches of rain on a US special forces camp over a four-hour period.
[b]That was 50 yrs ago.What tech can they use today to either cause or inhibit precipitation?

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

You're deliberately misunderstanding me. The post was about the possibility of weather warfare being used against Zim-not cloud seeding. Did you see this?
That was 50 yrs ago.What tech can they use today to either cause or inhibit precipitation?

How(as in how will they deliberately cause a drought) and why will any country rage weather warfare on Zim?? what do they have to gain??

Also let me quote "It was claimed that one of the clouds drifted across the Vietnam border and dropped nine inches of rain on a US special forces camp over a four-hour period"

See the bolded?There was no scientific record kept on the amount of rain fall when operation popeye was carried out....In fact according to General Westmoreland (the commander of the US forces in Vietnam) it was a waste of money and said that there was no appreciable increase in rainfall.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:
Well parliament has decided to amend Sec 25 of the constitution, only time will tell what will happen. I truly hope that the land reform process will be fair and just and will not lead to property right and economic ruin.....however i have my doubts!!

Yes , they have . What is needed is to fasten the process, atleast Ramaphosa has committed himself to re -open the Agri colleges in rural parts of the country . Let's wait and see.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

Now you just being foolish or plain condescending. Why you trying to prove your point by referencing those countries that has never even went through apartheid policies that was part of SA longer then any other former western colony, by the way since when was there a Western colonization of "Russia". So no I don't want to get your point. Show me one country in the last 80 years that has had Apartheid racial segregation and group areas spatial policies imposed by a minority racial group in S.S.Africa.

Where do you get the idea that money or land will just be seized without any due diligence. This reminds when some whites keep on telling people that blacks are all corrupt and cannot run a company or country yet there are more examples of them being corrupt the world over.

Don't even look far . Here in South Africa, the Steinhoff saga is the biggest corruption scandal to hit the country since 94. The banks , the evergreen contracts at the SOE 's ? . But that's not corruption, it's " collision". Lol, corruption is when your name is zuma or Gupta.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lionessza:

Don't even look far . Here is South Africa, the Steinhoff saga is the biggest corruption scandal to hit the country since 94. The banks , the evergreen contracts at the SOE 's ? . But that's not corruption, it's " collision". Lol, corruption is when your name is zuma or Gupta.

You've got a nigga doing some research!
Interestingly, in the culture of identity politics in South Africa, the Steinhoff board are all white, all male and all CAs. How this collective of no doubt fine financial minds failed to pick up these “irregularities” only they will know, but which will hopefully come to light in the ensuing weeks as investigators try to get to grips with this hornet’s nest (or pit of vipers)
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opinionista/2017-12-12-steinhoff-saga-shows-that-corporate-sa-speaks-with-a-forked-tongue/#.WpWFxCVRW1s

My,my,my,my! Thanks,btw!

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Jkay187(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lionessza:

Don't even look far . Here is South Africa, the Steinhoff saga is the biggest corruption scandal to hit the country since 94. The banks , the evergreen contracts at the SOE 's ? . But that's not corruption, it's " collision". Lol, corruption is when your name is zuma or Gupta.

No my dear, when whites are corrupt and wipe out 10bn in just 1hour on the JSE through its corrupt accounting scams its called "mismanagement or accounting irregularities" simple accounting errors. The wording always changes when whites transgress, to make it more morally acceptable. Like you said Steinhof is a good example of such.

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

No my dear, when whites are corrupt and wipe out 10bn in just 1hour on the JSE through its corrupt accounting scams its called "mismanagement or accounting irregularities" simple accounting errors. The wording always changes when whites transgress, to make it more morally acceptable. Like you said Steinhof is a good example of such.
Stop this white and black sh1t!! corruption is corruption, accounting irregularities is just a another term for corruption in the auditing world hence why it was used in Deloitte's last Audit of Steinhoff.......I would know since i studied Chartered Accounting myself!!

Markus Jooste is a corrupt fvcktard who must rot in jail........Nobody and i mean nobody is defending his actions. The faster you get over this race obsession the faster we can move foreword as a country
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lionessza:

Corruption is Corruption!! as simple as that!
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Jkay187(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2018
jln115:

Stop this white and black sh1t!! corruption is corruption, accounting irregularities is just a another term for corruption in the auditing world hence why it was used in Deloitte's last Audit of Steinhoff.......I would know since i studied Chartered Accounting myself!!

Markus Jooste is a corrupt fvcktard who must rot in jail........Nobody and i mean nobody is defending his actions. The faster you get over this race obsession the faster we can move foreword as a country

Now why do you get so worked up on the issue, I'm just proving a point here that media in SA including those external sources love to paint things to suit a particular narrative and audience. These terms must be discussed whether you like it or not including the sugar coating of race motivated reporting in SA media. Now you yourself were the first one here to make it a black and white issue also, so I suggest you do some introspection yourself. I know its difficult for you as a person to accept this concept of land reform.

You know I'm not really against your reasoning on many matters discussed here its only our interpretation of some of the wording that is creating friction on the subject. I'm not race obsessed I'm a constitutionist that's all bru. By the way I'm not black either so your assertions on race don't really matter to me.

What I'm advocating is justice bru not to score cheap points with anyone here, so "moenie jou bloedruk laat hoog raak vir niks nie hoor"grin

tonguetonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jkay187:

Now why do you get so worked up on the issue, I'm just proving a point here that media in SA including those external sources love to paint things to suit a particular narrative and audience. These terms must be discussed whether you like it or not including the sugar coating of race motivated reporting in SA media. Now you yourself were the first one here to make it a black and white issue also, so I suggest you do some introspection yourself. I know its difficult for you as a person to accept this concept of land reform.

You know I'm not really against your reasoning on many matters discussed here its only our interpretation of some of the wording that is creating friction on the subject. I'm not race obsessed I'm a constitutionist that's all bru. By the way I'm not black either so your assertions on race don't really matter to me.

What I'm advocating is justice bru not to score cheap points with anyone here, so "moenie jou bloedruk laat hoog raak vir niks nie hoor"grin

tonguetonguetongue

Worked up?? on a internet forum........ grin grin grin No bro, trying to make a point yes!! geting worked up...mmm not so much!!

Well imo the way the media has handled the KPMG/Gupta scandal(BTW the Directors of KMPG involved in the scandal were ALL white) as well as the Steinhoff case, was in my view exactly the same as when perpetrated by any other person be it black or white..... honestly if there was sugar coating of race motivated reporting in SA media I could strongly make a case that it favours black people rather than white...........But I guess It's a matter of prospective.

Also I said right at the beginning of this thread that the issue of race was unavoidable, what i asked was for commentators not to make assumptions with regards to their opinions with regards to the topic........YOU did bro!!! you said Patches689 sounds like a racial bigot and basically postulated that i supporter white farmers that mistreat their black employees.

well can't remember making assertions about YOUR race in particulate, but whether you black,white,coloured or even if you are the one and only true owners of South Africa....the koi San, it doesn't really mater to me either

"I know its difficult for you as a person to accept this concept of land reform"..............Uhmmmm:
jln115:

1. Yes i agree fully!! The land issue should be resolved, hence i've supported fair,efficient and effective land reform policies

Tjomma niks in die mooi wereld kan my blooddruk opjaag nie, ek laat my nie met 'n blaas ertjies op loop jaag nie.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 5:28am On Feb 28, 2018
kikuyu1:

You've got a nigga doing some research!
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opinionista/2017-12-12-steinhoff-saga-shows-that-corporate-sa-speaks-with-a-forked-tongue/#.WpWFxCVRW1s

My,my,my,my! Thanks,btw!

Pleasure. I bet even from Kenya you know about " state capture " in South Africa, from the likes of BBC and CNN news but you will never hear about this one , which is happens to be the worst corruption case in the country . You know a mass shooter who is white , has mental problems . If he is black he is a thug. If he Arabic/South Asian then he is a terrorist. Same old shyt grin.

3 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 5:36am On Feb 28, 2018
Jkay187:

Lol, exactly.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Lionessza(f): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2018
jln115:

Corruption is Corruption!! as simple as that!

Yes , I agree but let's be honest here for a minute. White owned media houses not just the South African ones, all over the world. They have a tendency of finding different, more acceptable words to describe white criminality , but once the criminal is none white , he is corrupt and must be jailed immediately lol.

Let me show you such cases of bias from media houses like ENCA, city press, Sunday times etc.

1. When the Steinhoff saga was exposed , it was only ANN7 and the NewAge that made sure it was talked about for weeks on end . On enca it was talked about for day and they didn't refer to it as a " national crisis and disaster ", " corruption scandal " , some forgivable words were thrown around . The following day , we were back to our obsession " state capture "lol. No one advocated for their bank accounts to be closed ? . The usual "corruption crusaders " like afriforum and the DA took a back sit on this one grin. Issuing media statements like " let this be thoroughly investigated ". Why not the same passionate statements they issue when Indian/ black corruption hits the news , "arrest those crimminals immediately " grin, " close their bank accounts". cry. That right there is what we call white hypocrisy. The white guys who scammed the nation should be given the benefit of a doubt , the accused non whites are guilty without any investigation or court cases.

2. The same media houses have been making a lot of noise about the so called " state capture " . Why not do a proper investigation on this ? . Looking at our soe's alone, they would find out that the most corrupt companies are the "evergreen contracts " , anyway they already know this but will never report on it lol. Let's all focus on the likes of tergetta who benefitted 1.6 billion. Why should we bother the good old boys who have 40 year old contracts , taking home 45 billion ? Them colluding to hike up coal prices should not be on the spotlight coz it ain't corruption, it's " collision " grin. Only " evil " channels like ANN7 will report such as corruption. No wonder multichoice wants to shut them up . How dare you make sense and call white people the most corrupt people not only in South Africa but the world over ? grin. We should all watch Enca that only reports one side of the story , never will they invite the accused to come and defend him/herself lol. Oh ! We know the game. Same shyt as that kangaroo court , the parliamentary enquiry on state capture, we all know the outcome even before it's conclusion. I'm just looking forward to the one being chaired by the judge , it seems more realistic and fair . Let's look at everyone not just two families. If the zumas, Guptas , are found wanting, let the courts do their jobs . But let's also hold the Ruperts, Oppenheimers , and the Joostes of this world accountable as well . Let their faces make front pages as well as poster boys of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by newafricaken254: 9:00am On Feb 28, 2018
africans can't farm,thats a fact.thats why Africa is the most fertile continent in the world but most africans survive on food AID or food exports from the rest of the world
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Xbee007(m): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2018
newafricaken254:
[s]n@ggas can't farm,thats a fact.thats why Africa is the most fertile continent in the world but most africans survive on food AID or food exports from the rest of the world[/s]
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2018
Lionessza:

Yes , I agree but let's be honest here for a minute. White owned media houses not just the South African ones, all over the world. They have a tendency of finding different, more acceptable words to describe white criminality , but once the criminal is none white , he is corrupt and must be jailed immediately lol.

Let me show you such cases of bias from media houses like ENCA, city press, Sunday times etc.

1. When the Steinhoff saga was exposed , it was only ANN7 and the NewAge that made sure it was talked about for weeks on end . On enca it was talked about for day and they didn't refer to it as a " national crisis and disaster ", " corruption scandal " , some forgivable words were thrown around . The following day , we were back to our obsession " state capture "lol. No one advocated for their bank accounts to be closed ? . The usual "corruption crusaders " like afriforum and the DA took a back sit on this one grin. Issuing media statements like " let this be thoroughly investigated ". Why not the same passionate statements they issue when Indian/ black corruption hits the news , "arrest those crimminals immediately " grin, " close their bank accounts". cry. That right there is what we call white hypocrisy. The white guys who scammed the nation should be given the benefit of a doubt , the accused non whites are guilty without any investigation or court cases.

2. The same media houses have been making a lot of noise about the so called " state capture " . Why not do a proper investigation on this ? . Looking at our soe's alone, they would find out that the most corrupt companies are the "evergreen contracts " , anyway they already know this but will never report on it lol. Let's all focus on the likes of tergetta who benefitted 1.6 billion. Why should we bother the good old boys who have 40 year old contracts , taking home 45 billion ? Them colluding to hike up coal prices should not be on the spotlight coz it ain't corruption, it's " collision " grin. Only " evil " channels like ANN7 will report such as corruption. No wonder multichoice wants to shut them up . How dare you make sense and call white people the most corrupt people not only in South Africa but the world over ? grin. We should all watch Enca that only reports one side of the story , never will they invite the accused to come and defend him/herself lol. Oh ! We know the game. Same shyt as that kangaroo court , the parliamentary enquiry on state capture, we all know the outcome even before it's conclusion. I'm just looking forward to the one being chaired by the judge , it seems more realistic and fair . Let's look at everyone not just two families. If the zumas, Guptas , are found wanting, let the courts do their jobs . But let's also hold the Ruperts, Oppenheimers , and the Joostes of this world accountable as well . Let their faces make front pages as well as poster boys of corruption.
- Accounting irregularities is not a more acceptable word to corruption, in fact it means exactly the same, the reason they used it was because they were quoting Deloittes audit opinion.... And as someone who studied chartered accounting, you don't simply use the word corrupt in an audit opinion since its unprofessional.

Also do your self a favour and go read Beeld or even the Rapport newspapers with regards to the Steinhoff scandal....... then translate bedrog, korrupsie, gevonnis while your at it.

ENCA is an Internet newspaper, ANN7 is a news broadcaster so not really the same, but anyway your notion of "it was only talked for one day" is so far fetched that either you are just that ignorent or a really bad troll..... ENCA alone had written over 15 articles over several weeks with regards to the steinhoff scandal and not only that it also reported how the Steinhoff debacle will have the highest impact on ordinary SAn then any other corruption SAGA in South Africa ever.

What the DA actually said since you love making up your own stories:https://www.da.org.za/2018/01/da-not-going-agree-pussy-foot-around-steinhoff-international-holdings-n-v/

Lastly you can't hold people accountable for being rich... Markus jooste yes but I don't see what the other 2 should be held accountable for.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by newafricaken254: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Xbee007:

Nonsense!
Why has Africa become a net food importer? Explaining Africa agricultural and food trade deficits
That Africa has become a net importer of food and of agricultural products, despite its vast agricultural potential, is puzzling. Using data mainly for the period 1960-2007, this report seeks to explain Africa’s food-trade deficit since the mid-1970s. The core finding is that population growth, low and stagnating agricultural productivity, policy distortions, weak institutions and poor infrastructure are the main reasons.

http://www.fao.org/fsnforum/resources/why-has-africa-become-net-food-importer-explaining-africa-agricultural-and-food-trade-defi
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jkay187:

1. Sanctions are minor and targeted. Again, you cant say a country that has received half a trillion dollars in aid is "under-sanctions"

2. EU is by no means (at all, in any way shape or form) a free market. Its a customs union - so they trade freely - but there is extreme protectionism, regulation and centralized planning.
2a. Trade issues re: SA-EU are limited. Most dumping is done by Asian nations.

3. Dumping is fine. More cheap steel means people can buy more cheap steal, which results in a boom in the manufacture and building industry - you lose jobs in steel and gain jobs in other sectors. A free market adapts to the stimuli, the problem is that our economy is just free enough to suffer from rapid market shifts caused by trade, but not free enough to rapidly adapt to these new shifts. Liberalization of labour regulations and practices, investement in artisinal skills and the reducation of corporate taxation would solve this problem - and create more jobs than the nationalalization of every single grain of sand in RSA.

4. Yes, China is China - I struggle to see the relevance. Clarification?

5. The current talk is "expropriation without compensation". This motion is dead on arrival and will never, ever, receive any support - either from indigenous whites or from the global market. Furthermore, the need for "redistribution" from white private ownership is largely a myth. Government alone holds the lionshare of land in South Africa - if we were to redistribute all of that first, then perhapse we could have a discussion about expropriation. Furthermore, if you review the data the major pressure is on urban land and not rural land, RSA is urbanizing rapidly (this is very good) but urban growth has been very poorly handled - that is the real discussion to be had.

1 Like

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jkay187:

"MUH APARTHEID IS UNIQUE"

My dude, the issue is one of inequality, and inequality and the perceived solution to inequality is what has driven land reform that i cited above.

There are only two examples of successful land reform - South Korea and Taiwan, go read about them if you are serious about meaningful land reform. You wont like what you find.
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
kikuyu1:

I am prepared to accept your assertion, but in the words of my man Thomas Sowell:

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
newafricaken254:
africans can't farm,thats a fact.thats why Africa is the most fertile continent in the world but most africans survive on food AID or food exports from the rest of the world

Sorry,dude but sometimes you say the dumbest things!? Fyi,today there are thousands of Kikuyus farming in Tz. They own many of the large tea plantations in Morogoro,Central Tz-they were settled in the early 60s after uhuru. The plan was for a continental settlement,like the Boers post war. Some got as far as Zambia but Nyerere that commie was a jealous lil byatch and sabotaged the deal-anyway many settled in Tz,southern Ethiopia and w Uganda.
One of them told me they were allocated a 100m by as far as a man could walk-a Kikuyu wet dream! Some were unlucky-a guy who got land near Tabora mentioned tsetse fly,wild animal attacks and a strange fly that lay maggots under the skin! Also complete lack of mechanisation,marketing,infrastructure etc etc. Most of those 100 or so gave up but rough estimate maybe 1k Kikuyus settled in Tz.
Be specific! I swear you sound like an American Anglo saxon throwing around those statements.

Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by patches689: 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
kikuyu1:

I swear you sound like an American Anglo saxon throwing around those statements.

You do know that the average American isnt Anglo-Saxon... right?
Re: Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! by kikuyu1(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
Lionessza:

I refrained from commenting for 2 reasons:not wanting to overload this thread and frankly that's small potatoes. Did you ever hear of the human arm found on a plane refuelling in Harare carrying hundreds of millions of rand,part of a nefarious scheme that's stolen trillions?

he nationality of the deceased is not yet known but a police investigation is underway, with a spokesman for the South African Reserve Bank telling The Telegraph they believe the man "is presumed to be a stowaway."

AP report the man is thought to have sneaked onto the plane via the landing gear where his arm was severed when it contracted, splattering blood onto the plane’s fuselage.

In addition, "millions of South African rand" were also discovered on board and is reportedly being guarded by two SARB couriers. By current exchange rates, one million SA rand is worth $63,615.
https://www.rt.com/news/332555-cargo-money-body-zimbabwe/

You can't even guess what these guys are up to! Its beyond the intelligence of normal human people-the little I do know of the Chosenites who rule RSA and their Satanic practices is that this may well have been some human sacrifice ishyt.

300 tonnes of gold valued at over R300 billion was stolen from the SARB, with the help of insiders as part of a bigger looting exercise valued at a massive R2.25 trillion
https://www.henrymakow.com/2014/11/insider-exposes-south-african-central-bank.html#sthash.7LnMsXvD.dpuf

Btw,she was the daughter of a former ANC book keeper in London. There she is ex RSB gov,Gil Marcus.

After selling sandwiches in London, she studied economics and went to work for our Reserve Bank. She was so awful, that she was instructed to clear her desk in 2004 and leave the building. She was fired. However after secretly following [her predecessor] Tito Mboweni around, she created a black-list of all his ill-deeds. Later, she reappeared as Governor of SARB under mysterious circumstances.
- See more at:

Instead people screech about Zuma's mansion(is he to live in a shanty!?) and state capture! Most of us have no idea of our real enemies. I digress-back to the topic at hand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toto: Meet 24-year-old Kenyan Lady Who Is Trending On Twitter / China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment / Whoopi Goldberg Walks Out Crying After Confronting Elon Musk On 'The View’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.