Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun (48772 Views)

Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu / Impeachment: We Are Working To Resolve Ambode, Lawmakers Rift- APC / APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by reality1010: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
afroniger:
Tinubu should not have accepted Buhari's offer to reconcile the warring factions in the party because it is already too late. How can Buhari give Tinubu an assignment without giving the authority and powers to execute it? It is not by just announcing in the media. Oyegun was obviously not happy about what Buhari did so he was bound to sabotage Tinubu. Therefore the assignment was bound to fail. It is almost as if Buhari set a trap for Tinubu. I foresee APC losing some states in the upcoming election.
What s happening has shown how Tinubu reacts when he s losing.He can be tamed easily.Even though he s reaping what he sowed he should act maturedly.I see him dying out of frustration.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by sweetjohn(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
aremuforlife:
Tinubu is a great politician warrior who knows how to play is game and when to play the game.
Tinubu is the backbbackbone behind A P C .
Tinubu knows what to do if he want to divide the party today.
And for your information 75 percent of the party members are loyal to Tinubu day and night
Forget what you see or hear on social media, Tinubu knows the game more than the president of Nigeria.
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by christ007(m): 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
VonTrapp:

Which party be PAC?
peoples almost cry party cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Myself2(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
If Tinubu challenges Oyegun again, Oyegun should slap him, nothing will happen, El Rufai and the nothern governors would love that, Bubu too even. Tinubu don enter one chance and he doesnt realise it yet

SERVES HIM RIGHT

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Highbhee(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=bionixs post=65319425]go and sit down. every player has his last game[/quote

Extraordinary players don't play like Ordinary ones bruv...

Everyone expects BAT to play d same way Atiku did
...a move that didn't shake APC @all....

What is going on in Apc is more than visible aspects.....

APC will fall the same it rose ...

Let just watch....

Remember to qoute me D's time next year

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by excel101(m): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Nobody should disrespect Tinubu o. APC governors better comport themselves o. How dare them dare the jagaban of Africa? Are they mad? Is their generation mad?
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by excel101(m): 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Nobody should disrespect Tinubu o. APC governors better comport themselves o. How dare them dare the jagaban of Africa? Are they mad? Is their generation mad?
In a typical yoruba agbero man's voice " IYA LA YA "

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by AreaFada2: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
afroniger:
Tinubu should not have accepted Buhari's offer to reconcile the warring factions in the party because it is already too late. How can Buhari give Tinubu an assignment without giving the authority and powers to execute it? It is not by just announcing in the media. [b]Oyegun was obviously not happy about what Buhari did so he was bound to sabotage Tinubu. Therefore the assignment was bound to fail. [/b]It is almost as if Buhari set a trap for Tinubu. I foresee APC losing some states in the upcoming election.

I would put it differently.

Tinubu supported Oyegun believing that being older and more cool-headed, he'd be more predictable, more malleable & less ambitious than Tom Ikimi. To be his stooge.

But Oyegun has sought to look at the bigger picture. Suddenly Tinubu began criticizing publicly and frustrating him for not doing his bidding. It is no secret that Tinubu has wanted Oyegun to fail as national chairman for a long time. Former Tinubu boys in the cabinet like Fayemi & Fashola have seen the trick long ago.

Tinubu is emboldened to publicly go after Oyegun for the same reason that he first allowed zoning of national chairmanship to South-South. Oyegun represents a minority tribe and has a smal political base. Therefore bashing him publicly has no big electoral consequence in the ethno-religious number game of Nigerian politics. That is why Tinubu treads carefully dealing with El-Rufai even though he knows the midget is his arch foe in politics. He cannot upset the large Northern political bloc.

But SW & North should know that given the history of SS people navigating the minefield political terrain dominated by WAZOBIA until SS emerged, no politician from SS is a total fool. They have to be smart to survive. Same way Obasanjo got frustrated by the quiet and unassuming Jonathan.

He helped wrestle power from Jonathan but today most Nigerians are regretting the result at leisure. Hopefully they will have till 2023 to reflect under Buhari. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Jflex07(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
useless Afonja idiot with his frog eyes.. too much rotten ewedu and Amala.. spits!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
...it's always good to leave when the ovation is high. But Tinubu didn't understand this law.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by rekizi: 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
Tell your US client to go to Walmart store to buy vanilla card white one and activate it with 50$ or 100$ sure banker I am loading in 4000$ or 5000$ it sure pls only trusted guys pls no ripping pls watsapp fast okay
0 9 . 0 6 .0 2 1 3. 0 .9 8
100% instant reflection
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by obatowon1(m): 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
[b][/b]
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Bobosneh: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
VonTrapp:
Tinubu should be smarter with his game, he showed his hand too early with that letter. Oyegun's backers are definitely going to mobilize around him and frustrate Tinubu
maybe dats wat he need. afterall the battle is better won when u know ur enemy
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by horlarjydeytee(m): 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] Tinubu will learn more and has learn more. I am watching him closely.
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Burgerlomo: 12:04am On Feb 24, 2018
It's never too late for Tinubu to take a bold step and quit the current position they gave him, or even tear their pary card as ebora owu did to the opposition party that's if greediness will allow him to do it cool
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 24, 2018
You dont get it, Tinubu was blackmailed into taking up the position... The only respite for Tinubu is to see APC disintegrate and Buhari voted out in 2019 but he dare not confront the Cabal. This scenario reminds me of GEJ coercing Femi Fani Kayode...nothing to gain but all to loose. For Fani it was EFCC blackmail, for Tinubu it is Intel. Since Atiku indicated that Tinubu already bought up Intel shares, Tinubu song since changed. Awon Cabal ti get Tinubu but Daura 2019 will save him..
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by achiever12: 12:20am On Feb 24, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
The way PDP and ipob supporters hate Tinubu eh, you would think he is actually the president of the country. All because of his role in sacking Jonathan and PDP from power. Na wah.

But tinubu is actually showing himself to be stupid
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 24, 2018
AreaFada2:

I would put it differently.

Tinubu supported Oyegun believing that being older and more cool-headed, he'd be more predictable, more malleable & less ambitious than Tom Ikimi. To be his stooge.

But Oyegun has sought to look at the bigger picture. Suddenly Tinubu began criticizing publicly and frustrating him for not doing his bidding. It is no secret that Tinubu has wanted Oyegun to fail as national chairman for a long time. Former Tinubu boys in the cabinet like Fayemi & Fashola have seen the trick long ago.

Tinubu is emboldened to publicly go after Oyegun for the same reason that he first allowed zoning of national chairmanship to South-South. Oyegun represents a minority tribe and has a smal political base. Therefore bashing him publicly has no big electoral consequence in the ethno-religious number game of Nigerian politics. That is why Tinubu treads carefully dealing with El-Rufai even though he knows the midget is his arch foe in politics. He cannot upset the large Northern political bloc.

But SW & North should know that given the history of SS people navigating the minefield political terrain dominated by WAZOBIA until SS emerged, no politician from SS is a total fool. They have to be smart to survive. Same way Obasanjo got frustrated by the quiet and unassuming Jonathan.

He helped wrestle power from Jonathan but today most Nigerians are regretting the result at leisure. Hopefully they will have till 2023 to reflect under Buhari. cheesy grin

All you wrote is just a figment of your imaginagion. Tinubu supoorted Oyegun because of his previous progressive stance and their history together in NADECO...maybe you should go and read about Oyegun, and you will know that nobody will expect him to be a stooge or malleable, but instead you expect him to stand for the right thing and not be influenced by money especially during APC primaries...Oyegun antecedent and Ikimis are parallels... Oyegun helping install Saraki and the worst governor ever is the first sign of the direction he chose. Every reasonable individual knows that Oyegun is doing a very bad job, infact APC as a party will explode very soon...another example of the party leadeship failure is the appointment of dead people into boards... I dont see Tinubu attack on Oyegun as a bad thing considerinv the pit Oyegun is gingerly cruising the party into

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by desmond2pk: 2:46am On Feb 24, 2018
aremuforlife:
Tinubu is a great politician warrior who knows how to play is game and when to play the game.
Tinubu is the backbbackbone behind A P C .
Tinubu knows what to do if he want to divide the party today.
And for your information 75 percent of the party members are loyal to Tinubu day and night
Forget what you see or hear on social media, Tinubu knows the game more than the president of Nigeria.
For your mind. Yorubas don't learn from history. Go and learn what happened to awolowo during the first republic. Tinubu knows that he is irrelevant so he can accept any dirty job from buhari even if na cleaner job. Buhari can decide to use osibanjo, and kick out tinubu out of the party. Tinibu has not position in the party and in the government. If you think tunibu has followers you are joking.
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by afbstrategies: 3:11am On Feb 24, 2018
Take a hard look at all of them and ask yourselves whether they are the best leaders for Nigerians.

I don't think so undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by AreaFada2: 3:51am On Feb 24, 2018
transformed:
All you wrote is just a figment of your imaginagion. Tinubu supoorted Oyegun because of his previous progressive stance and their history together in NADECO...maybe you should go and read about Oyegun, and you will know that nobody will expect him to be a stooge or malleable, but instead you expect him to stand for the right thing and not be influenced by money especially during APC primaries...Oyegun antecedent and Ikimis are parallels... Oyegun helping install Saraki and the worst governor ever is the first sign of the direction he chose. Every reasonable individual knows that Oyegun is doing a very bad job, infact APC as a party will explode very soon...another example of the party leadeship failure is the appointment of dead people into boards... I dont see Tinubu attack on Oyegun as a bad thing considerinv the pit Oyegun is gingerly cruising the party into

I doubt if you understand or know Oyegun one-hundredth as good as me.

You're talking of NADECO that only came in 1994. I knew people around Oyegun way before he even became governor. When he was just a civil servant. Let me not talk about knowing him or not. Because many people claim anything in a faceless forum.

We all know that APC will find a fall guy. Oyegun seems convenient.

What you simply forget is that Saraki becoming senate president was the North deftly beginning to cut Tinubu to size. The moves of Buhari and Northern elite should have made you realise it. It was "Lagos people from Tinubu camp" who were crying over Saraki emergence.

In my opinion Saraki has been good for the senate. The NASS has been more vocal like the days of Okadigbo. That is their job to hold the executive to account. Tinubu didn't get his stooge in that he could use to further personal interest and get what he wants from Buhari. Having failed to secure VP slot being a Muslim.

Talking of progressive, there is nothing progressive about Tinubu or APC. Not in NADECO days, not now. Yes he's skilled in the backward ethno-religious political terrain of Nigeria and propaganda.

No progressive politician anywhere in the philosophy of Pa Awo would hand the presidency to a feudalistic Fulani ex-dictator. shocked shocked shocked

APC was always an alliance of strange bedfellows to wrestle power. Hence they do not know what to do with it. Oyegun has even done a decent job considering he's an outsider/a minority trying to balance entrenched interests of the North & SW. He was never going to win or please any side.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by modibs393: 6:33am On Feb 24, 2018
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

Tinubu has allowed himself to be rubbished by accepting to be a reconciliation Chairman for a failed party called APC because of greed

the rift between igbos and the yorubas of nigeria
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by uchealo(m): 6:39am On Feb 24, 2018
I thought he was asked by Mr. President to reconcile the party... From all I see he is creating more conflict. This is the impossible task we all knew he was given. I sorry for you asiwaju
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:32am On Feb 24, 2018
swagagolic01:

My love please leave tinubu and the useless apc,

How are you baby?
lol, this man, why did 4 people like this ur post? Am good...you?
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by swagagolic01(m): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2018
Boleyndynasty2:
lol, this man, why did 4 people like this ur post? Am good...you?

Maybe the 4 people like the way I'm loving you..... I'm good, hope the cold last night dint affect you?

Good morning
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by jemimafelix(f): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2018
AreaFada2:

I doubt if you understand or know Oyegun one-hundredth as good as me.

You're talking of NADECO that only came in 1994. I knew people around Oyegun way before he even became governor. When he was just a civil servant. Let me not talk about knowing him or not. Because many people claim anything in a faceless forum.

We all know that APC will find a fall guy. Oyegun seems convenient.

What you simply forget is that Saraki becoming senate president was the North deftly beginning to cut Tinubu to size. The moves of Buhari and Northern elite should have made you realise it. It was "Lagos people from Tinubu camp" who were crying over Saraki emergence.

In my opinion Saraki has been good for the senate. The NASS has been more vocal like the days of Okadigbo. That is their job to hold the executive to account. Tinubu didn't get his stooge in that he could use to further personal interest and get what he wants from Buhari. Having failed to secure VP slot being a Muslim.

Talking of progressive, there is nothing progressive about Tinubu or APC. Not in NADECO days, not now. Yes he's skilled in the backward ethno-religious political terrain of Nigeria and propaganda.

No progressive politician anywhere in the philosophy of Pa Awo would hand the presidency to a feudalistic Fulani ex-dictator. shocked shocked shocked

APC was always an alliance of strange bedfellows to wrestle power. Hence they do not know what to do with it. Oyegun has even done a decent job considering he's an outsider/a minority trying to balance entrenched interests of the North & SW. He was never going to win or please any side.

Guy, you too dey lie.

Most nothern apc senators ( northwest and north east) didn't vote for saraki and were in apc meeting at the presidency.

It was pdp senators (se and ss) and few other sw and nc apc senators that pulled a smart one on the party to installed saraki during the party meeting.

It was never northerners agenda to install saraki but that of pdp. Apc chosen candidate was presented by Buhari and the party hierarchy and not tinubu. He wanted akume from benue.
The only person he wanted was gbajamiala for speaker who was by the way overwhelmingly voted for the northwest, sw and ne. Again pdp and nc frustrated him. From the voting pattern, it was obvious the North wanted tinubu candidate to win.

Enough of this misinformation.
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by misgab: 8:32am On Feb 24, 2018
Didn't Tinubu realise that the assignment is a further ploy to rubbish him further in that satanic party called APC. He should know that the assignment will further enstrange him with some governors, ministers and senior part officials. See Kogi for example where common Bello is talking to the age mate of his father
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by AreaFada2: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2018
jemimafelix:

Guy, you too dey lie.

Most nothern apc senators ( northwest and north east) didn't vote for saraki and were in apc meeting at the presidency.

It was pdp senators (se and ss) and few other sw and nc apc senators that pulled a smart one on the party to installed saraki during the party meeting.

It was never northerners agenda to install saraki but that of pdp. Apc chosen candidate was presented by Buhari and the party hierarchy and not tinubu. He wanted akume from benue.
The only person he wanted was gbajamiala for speaker who was by the way overwhelmingly voted for the northwest, sw and ne. Again pdp and nc frustrated him. From the voting pattern, it was obvious the North wanted tinubu candidate to win.

Enough of this misinformation.

You believe everything you hear. Who delayed those senators wherever they were holding a meeting? How was the plan hatched? cheesy grin

So you think SS/SE/PDP just suddenly pulled a fast one? That was the narrative the North wanted you to hear and you bought it hook, line & sinker.

I remember SW people saying Saraki will not last 6 months as senate president. At that time I said as a Yoruba Northerner the biggest position he can achieve is SP. SW people were saying with patience Tinubu could one day have supported him for the presidency. A big lie of course. They said CCT trial win soon find him guilty and dismiss him from SP position. But Saraki knew without skills core North & SW will not allow him. And the makeshift party that is APC might scatter in a few years, denying him the platform to ever achieve anything as big as SP going forward. I also said then that Oloye would be proud looking down from heaven.
He played it perfectly. The North appearing to be innocent. Yet showing Tinubu & Buhari one finger. But Buhari soon liked the idea of his cabal using Saraki to cut Tinubu to size.

What you may not know is that operators around Buhari tabled Tinubu issue even before the election to work out how to tame him should they win. cheesy grin

If Buhari's cabal truly wanted Akume, he would have won. But they didn't.
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Epsilon92: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2018
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2018
swagagolic01:

Maybe the 4 people like the way I'm loving you..... I'm good, hope the cold last night dint affect you?

Good morning

Lol Lover man.... It didn't. Morning
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by swagagolic01(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2018
Boleyndynasty2:

Lol Lover man.... It didn't. Morning

OK dear, do have a fruitful weekend
Re: Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun by Basic123: 11:05am On Feb 24, 2018
The comments on this thread were made by just 10 people logging in with different monickers.

The contents of the comment shows that its the same person making it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha Withdraws Security, Staff From Deputy Gov’s Office / President Tinubu, APC Governors Meet For First Time / Jonathan Sends Anyaoku To Beg President Buhari Not To Probe Him- SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.