Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Televangelist Benny Hinn: I Don’t Fly Private Jets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Televangelist Benny Hinn: I Don’t Fly Private Jets (455 Views)

TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Televangelist Benny Hinn: I Don’t Fly Private Jets by georgiana: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
In the wake of the death of renowned evangelist Billy Graham, controversial faith-healing televangelist Benny Hinn, who has often been criticized for his endorsement of the prosperity gospel, said in a stunning confession on Wednesday, that sometimes he has taken the false gospel too far.

“We get attacked for preaching prosperity, well it’s in the Bible, but I think some have gone to the extreme with it sadly, and it’s not God’s word what is taught and I think I’m as guilty as others. Sometimes you go a little farther than you really need to go and then God brings you back to normality and reality,” Hinn, 65, said as he reflected on Graham’s death with a ministry colleague in a Facebook Live broadcast.
He admitted that as he has grown older and come to understand the Bible more, he now realizes that some of the things he learned from preachers when he was growing up aren’t biblical and the popular interpretation of the prosperity gospel — the teaching that believers have a right to the blessings of health and wealth and that they can obtain these blessings through positive confessions of faith and the “sowing of seeds” through the faithful payments of tithes and offerings — is one of those things.
Read more: http://naijachurchnews.com/benny-hinn-admits-going-far-prosperity-gospel-wake-billy-grahams-death/

Re: Televangelist Benny Hinn: I Don’t Fly Private Jets by CYBERWEAVER(m): 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
come naija
Re: Televangelist Benny Hinn: I Don’t Fly Private Jets by Timfreds(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Prosperity is part of the gospel, but some preachers are overusing it to exploit the poor and enriching themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Benin Hill: Revival Begins With Billy Graham's Death / Vatican Treasurer Facing Sex Assault Charges / Heaven Or Hell For Adam Or Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.