Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? (13785 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police for sure.........With #50 am good to go
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by kikiwendy(f): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police.. Those guys are just silly
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by basic23111: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
I prefer police with #100 u can settle ur case if u know ur way.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by blackboy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
nonut:
Police. Just give them small egunje and you'll be on your way.
If you meet the other three, better pick up your Atm card or visit the nearest bank, cos their inhumane charges no be for here.

Very good.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Awoleesu(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
#IstandwithPolice
#Policeisyourfriend

frankly, if you've ever encountered these evils, you'll truly appreciate that Police is your friend. Max N100 puts a smile on his face, he addresses you as Oga/madam + total turn-around time >5mins.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
Before they were sent off road, VIO do not carry guns. But people fear them more than they fear boko haram. I am always on the lookout to avoid their wahala but. They dont collect bribe thats why they are dreaded
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by ryd3(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police... Smile and crack jokes with dem wen u r at fault. Fine fee N500. Others have either higher or unbelievable fine fees

1 Like

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by magiki(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police

Don't ask me why

1 Like

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by MrMakaveli20(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
I prefer to encounter the Nigeria police. With #200, they will let you go even if you have no drivers license and expired vehicle papers. unless you meet some stubborn ones from hell. but you can't try that with the other nonentities.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Buffalo2(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police all the way....... Cos....... Police is our friend.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by bigsmoke2(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by olusola200: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
All of them do take bribe but one is cheaper easy to approach ,friendly and flexible

1 Like

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by MrMakaveli20(m): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ssalk:
My Brother if you see VIO in Abuja run. They are the king of the road. Roger our police u are free to go. As for Frsc, just have your papers and Lorne correct they leave u. VIO? I don’t know what they are looking for, they can mess your day up. With their useless vechicle with zebra paint.
the mere sight of that their vehicle alone scares the crap out of me. I'm happy they are no longer operational in Edo state
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Na Police o , as long as you no kill someone you can get free with max 1000 , even if you drive one way
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Yesbody: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
Non
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Tomasboy(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Apart from all this that you just mentioned, there's another one called NONE OF THE ABOVE, and na hin the only one wey i pray make i encounter angry
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Tomasboy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
Apart from all this you just mentioned, there's another one called NONE OF THE ABOVE, which is the only one i fit pray make i encounter out of them angry
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by cutedharmee: 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
I prefer army to all those listed above.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by heendrix(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
and where is Eco99 ?
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by jibbish(m): 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
VIO are from the pit of hell. I will not even pray for my enemies to encounter them. The fact is that you cant just be perfect with those guys. i keep asking myself what is it that they really want.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by debanj326: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Custom FOU
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by influenz: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
POLICE
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by UchaNwababa: 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
I dey come make I shit first before I comment
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by tizzle(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
In cross river state.... FRSC. my in-law works there... I know most of dem so I no get wahala. all my stuff are legit and complete so basically I no dey fear any of them
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by eyinjuege: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Na police better pass o...

Those ones are not expensive, and won't stress you out as much as the others grin

Police is indeed your friend in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Charles4075(m): 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
And later you guys will say the police ain't your friend. Take it or leave it, the police is our friend.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Harbewilliams(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manager their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi ) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority.

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 ( call or whatsapp )
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by maasoap(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

However, what particularly arrested my interest - and of course, gave me a cause for concern - was how these set of Nigerians brazenly admitted a support for corrupt practice on a live radio programme! Even more worrisome was that the callers actually gave their real names and locations!

It is worrisome not because these callers would be arrested for airing their perverse views, but it shows how low our moral values have degenerated.

At a point, the OAP had to ask one of the callers if this wasn’t encouraging corruption. But trust some Nigerians, they have this incredible ability to invent defenses for our criminal tendencies.

Now, this got me thinking; have, we, Nigerians, become so corrupt and crime-prone without us realizing it?
The fault is not with the citizens but with the weak and corrupt institutions we have in Nigeria. There is law that forbids bribery in Nigeria but who will implement this law? Any offender anywhere in the world will want to take a shortcut out of his trouble including Oyinbos. But once you realise that bribery will be added to your offence lists, you will desist. You may want to ask me, who comprises these institutions? It goes deeper than individuals.
Let me ask you: how many of these people who called and said that they preferred police, if given opportunity to travel to UK or US will make attempts to bribe their police if committed traffic offences over there? The answer is none. Why? Because there are strong institutions that frown upon bribery.
Again, do you agree that Oyinbos living in Nigeria sometimes are into petty bribery just like those people who called on the programme? Why? Because there are no institutions that will deal with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by seun10k5k(m): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
I was listening to this programme on radio.

The OAPs - some popular comedians - requested listeners to phone in, and admit which of the road traffic authorities they would prefer to have a brush with - if they were caught contravening any of the traffic laws.

The options thrown up included the FRSC, VIO, Nigeria police, LASTMA, the army, etc.

A deluge of phone calls trailed the question. Opinions were freely aired.

At the end of it all, it turned out that the VIO was the least preferred by the callers. The reason - chiefly - was that VIOs are hard to compromise by traffic law offenders.

However, the Nigeria Police Force stole the show.

Almost 100% of the callers – without hesitation - admitted that if they ran afoul of any traffic law - they would prefer to be arrested by the police.

Now, you're itching to find out why they preferred the police - right?

Well, your guess is as good as mine.

It goes without saying - the Nigeria police officers have the sublime ability to turn a blind eye to any crime committed after an exchange of a paltry sum of money. Sometimes, the amount could be as low as N20!

This - according to most of the callers - cannot be easily achieved with VIO, “Road Safety” officials or LASTMA.

It was quite an interesting, humorous and sincere interaction.

However, what particularly arrested my interest - and of course, gave me a cause for concern - was how these set of Nigerians brazenly admitted a support for corrupt practice on a live radio programme! Even more worrisome was that the callers actually gave their real names and locations!

It is worrisome not because these callers would be arrested for airing their perverse views, but it shows how low our moral values have degenerated.

At a point, the OAP had to ask one of the callers if this wasn’t encouraging corruption. But trust some Nigerians, they have this incredible ability to invent defenses for our criminal tendencies.

Now, this got me thinking; have, we, Nigerians, become so corrupt and crime-prone without us realizing it?

Perhaps, I should ask you – who would you prefer to be arrested by - FRSC, LASTMA,VIO, Police?

https://autojosh.com/traffic-law-violation-prefer-arrested-frsc-lastmavio-police/

I forbid all of them in Jesus name. Buh FRSC is far far better than the remaining three.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by maisauki: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
black accepts anything; any dirt, any kobo, any gift

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes / MRS Oil Denies Importing Adulterated Fuel / 10 Simple Steps To Save Money On Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.