Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? (13808 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by femmy2010(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Non Sars police encountered is better
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by SensaGreene: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
None please. However, I'll say vio is the worst. One of the officers followed me to my kids school to pick them up before driving me to their yard, all in a bid to ensure I renew my papers that expired. Loooool.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by davidque007(m): 8:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police is cheaper, 20-100 naira pere
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by RealZizou(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
I love diz topic cuz am a V.I.O officer in ibadan,thou we are not bad and hard to crack only if ur papers are valid.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Kaycee9242(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Dy are all shit just dt dy are deposited in different toilets
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by ChristineC: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
I dont care who, you aint getting a dime from me.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by babapressy(m): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by sirgalahad26(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
FRSC oo! VIO oo! LASTMA oo! OLOKPA oo! i no want any of demcheesygrin
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by somehow: 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Corrupt people
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by somehow: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
And this is a bad thing? You see why Nigeria will never get good leaders? Because the followers are as bad as the leaders!
SensaGreene:
None please. However, I'll say vio is the worst. One of the officers followed me to my kids school to pick them up before driving me to their yard, all in a bid to ensure I renew my papers that expired. Loooool.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by nedu2000(m): 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police oh, at least 2k will solve my problem
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
I was listening to this programme on radio.

The OAPs - some popular comedians - requested listeners to phone in, and admit which of the road traffic authorities they would prefer to have a brush with - if they were caught contravening any of the traffic laws.

The options thrown up included the FRSC, VIO, Nigeria police, LASTMA, the army, etc.

A deluge of phone calls trailed the question. Opinions were freely aired.

At the end of it all, it turned out that the VIO was the least preferred by the callers. The reason - chiefly - was that VIOs are hard to compromise by traffic law offenders.

However, the Nigeria Police Force stole the show.

Almost 100% of the callers – without hesitation - admitted that if they ran afoul of any traffic law - they would prefer to be arrested by the police.

Now, you're itching to find out why they preferred the police - right?

Well, your guess is as good as mine.

It goes without saying - the Nigeria police officers have the sublime ability to turn a blind eye to any crime committed after an exchange of a paltry sum of money. Sometimes, the amount could be as low as N20!

This - according to most of the callers - cannot be easily achieved with VIO, “Road Safety” officials or LASTMA.

It was quite an interesting, humorous and sincere interaction.

However, what particularly arrested my interest - and of course, gave me a cause for concern - was how these set of Nigerians brazenly admitted a support for corrupt practice on a live radio programme! Even more worrisome was that the callers actually gave their real names and locations!

It is worrisome not because these callers would be arrested for airing their perverse views, but it shows how low our moral values have degenerated.

At a point, the OAP had to ask one of the callers if this wasn’t encouraging corruption. But trust some Nigerians, they have this incredible ability to invent defenses for our criminal tendencies.

Now, this got me thinking; have, we, Nigerians, become so corrupt and crime-prone without us realizing it?

Perhaps, I should ask you – who would you prefer to be arrested by - FRSC, LASTMA,VIO, Police?

https://autojosh.com/traffic-law-violation-prefer-arrested-frsc-lastmavio-police/

Police accepting N20 in 2018.

You better don't try that.
You could get yourself killed by mentioning that amount alone.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Pappyjim: 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
To be candid "police are your friend" d moment u enter be it, VIO, Lastma, Road safety trap! VIO deflated my Tyre in Dia office, Road safety booked me ticket for expired Tyre dat I bought "first grade tokunbo tyre", Lastma guys are barbarian at "Allen Roundabout "(couple of years ago), with just #200 I was able to free myself from d Police cos of expired car documents and they even gave me a clue on how to manouver and not to pass thru a certain place cos I will meet another set...lol

1 Like

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 24, 2018
police officer mufu them
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by agarawu23(m): 4:57am On Feb 24, 2018
FRSC is the worst, they will check your papers, check tires, check headlamps, check your body sef just to use something against you. Time wasters angry
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Spatta: 6:47am On Feb 24, 2018
Nigerian law enforcement officers are cheap. Men who practically beg money undermining your offence with impunity with a total disregard for the law

How can you have a country with these greedy so called officers?

Any country where police can bluntly collect tolls and fees from offenders is doomed.

But why not? With the calibre of dubious uneducated political so called elites. It will be a cynosure of unending curruption in every sphere

Total overhauling of the system and employing well trained officers who have no regards for personal greed and gains will be Nigerians best cure

1 Like

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Chumani(f): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2018
I don't wish any of them, but if I am forced to choose, I would prefer Oloopa . Vio is the worst amongst them, I can never forget my encounter with them. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2018
LASTMA is the biggest extortionist. Once your vehicle gets to their office, get ready to pay at least N50,000. Not only that, you will charged N1000/daily for as long as your vehicle remains with them. Say you failed to raise N50,000 in 30 days, that makes it (N1000 x 30 days) + N50,000 = N80,000

LASTMA is a soul-less and mindless organisation raised for the purpose of extorting drivers (including those that are new on Lagos roads) for the propagation of the Lagos agenda. LASTMA is more interested in raising CAPITAL for Ambode and Tinubu than protecting lives on the road and enhancing traffic flow.

FRSC as far as I'm concern is still very much reasonable. Although they have a way of wasting one's time, their charges are fairly reasonable.

When it comes to the levels of extortion, I would say the POLICE is truly your friend. The POLICE is corrupt but it is way better to deal with a corrupt person than a mindless extortionist.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Tunks2017(m): 7:08am On Feb 26, 2018
Harbewilliams:
We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manager their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi ) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority.

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 ( call or whatsapp )
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Esejojo: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2018
Interesting thread.

Wonder why did this not make front page:

Lalasticlala, Semid4lyfe, Seun, Ishilove, Mynd44, Marpol, Obinoscopy
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2018
Police. Last last 500 naira go drop cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MRS Oil Denies Importing Adulterated Fuel / London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions / 10 Simple Steps To Save Money On Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.