Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Adebola, My Love In The Time Of Ebola - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adebola, My Love In The Time Of Ebola (405 Views)

Love In A Bar 18+++ / The Time Traveller's Secret by Tiffany J / Love In A Circle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adebola, My Love In The Time Of Ebola by Princephelar(m): 6:21am On Feb 24, 2018
I sat on the edge of the bed. She also sat in the bed and placed her ‘travelling’ bag on the floor. There was a bit of space between us which was another surprise to me. Normally, Adebola would hug and kiss me before dropping her ‘travelling’ bag.

She looked at me as if she was sizing me up. Young lady, you’re not seeing me for the first time. Or did she check my WhatsApp the previous day we met? Rachel was an expert at sending stupid love messages. Had she seen one of the messages? How would he explain to her that Rachel was only a friend with benefits?

“Adebola,” I said a few seconds later. “What’s wrong?”

Instead of answering my question, she opened her bag, took out her mirror and a big transparent container containing a white powdery substance. She took the mirror close to her face, checking every part of her face, like a new land owner checking for juju in his land in a public space.

I could see no pimple on her face or eczema. I had initially thought the white substance was powder but on looking closer, I discovered it was salt. Was she about to cook for a thousand people?

“Adebola, I asked you a question.”

“Someone had ebola in my area,” she said.

“Your area?”

“Yes,” she said. “Four streets away from my house.”

“So?”

“I have to be careful.”

There were probably a thousand people between her and the ebola patient. But she had to panic.

“But the person is four streets away,” I said. “You can’t be infected right?”

“You can’t say that. I have to be careful.”

“Does ebola transmit through the air?”

“No,” she said.

“So what’s the salt for? I have salt in my kitchen.”

Read more: https://princephelar.com/2018/02/24/adebola-my-love-in-the-time-of-ebola/

(1) (Reply)

Unstable Mind (must Read) / I See Politics As A Call To Service, Not Money Making Venture- Wole Adedoyin / I Want A Ring Episode 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.