Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

My Boyfriend Left Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Left Me (5768 Views)

MY Wife Left Me For Her Politician Exboyfried. / My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by naijacutee(f): 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2011
dayokanu:

Child support? Typical

But any rational man should see child support as an act of mercy, taking into consideration the 50% stake in the "act", and the fact that the results of the act are not shared equally by both parties :- The womans body is trapped with a pregnancy for 9 months, The man goes about his business, like he didn't just have unprotected intercourse.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
naijacutee:

But any rational man should see child support as an act of mercy, taking into consideration the 50% stake in the "act", and the fact that the results of the act are not shared equally by both parties :- The womans body is trapped with a pregnancy for 9 months, The man goes about his business, like he didn't just have unprotected intercourse.

The woman donated her womb the man donated his semen.

So why should one person pay money for the joint responsibilityor irresponsibility. Let both of them pay. They spent equal time on each other sh-h-agi-i-n-g themselves.

The mom upkeep of the child should be calculated, split into two and both contribute equally
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2011
chaircover:

At the appearance of those two dreaded words "child support" I knew that a certain person will in scoot here with alarming alacrity and I wasnt let down.

errmmmmm Mr DK, Can we please for once make use of that your 50/50 theory that you keep ramming down our throats?

50% mummy & 50% daddy made these precious babies. Mummy is currently paying for 100% of their upkeep & daddy is paying 0% towards it.

Dont you think that that is a little unfair bearing in mind she didnt make herself pregnant?

The guy should be responsible no doubt but what do you do when it wasnt planned for i think babies are supposed to be mutually agreed on by both parties.

Like me coming to you that I have incurred debt on your behalf without your consent and you have to pay me for it
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by TewMuch: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2011
To all the child support screamer's, she shagged an international student. International student= broke. I wonder where she would get this "Child Support". From DADDY who doesnt live in America perhaps? I am sure the guy wont mind being supported by her.lol.

@ Nekai,

Congrats on your children and i wish you the best. You can slowly and surely get back into his life by not pushing matter's through his friends and family. It will not change anything. Instead of carrying your crusade up and down people close to him, concentrate on developing a close friendship with him for your children's sake. Because if you push too hard, he may shut everyone out including his family and your children. Then who loses? If you have problems with him, face him in a non confrontational and mature manner so you dont scare him off. You having a child from a 2 month relationship is scary enough. If you push and he blocks all of you and your agents out completely, when your children start disturbing you for their father in future and he wants nothing to do with them then you will weep even more. Try and be mature about it even if you may end up being a single mother, your behavior now and in the future will determine if he will want to have anything to do with you.

Goodluck
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by naijacutee(f): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2011
chaircover:

You guys get away with this because you can walk away without being tied by pregnancy but thank God for civilised countries and they have procedures in place to make men liable for some of the cost of taking care of these children.

@chaircover : Your explicitness has been well and truly atoned for. I couldn't have put it better.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
chaircover:

All, please forgive my explicitness

Dayo, the moment the man choose to deposit his seemen into the ladies Vag and into not a condom, then he has no say over any mutual agreement to make babies.

You guys get away with this because you can walk away without being tied by pregnancy but thank God for civilised countries and they have procedures in place to make men liable for some of the cost of taking care of these children.

And the woman who opened her wetin call and allowed semen to be deposited into it knowing fully well what would happen what would she contribute financially? or she isnt responsible for whats goes into her vag?
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2011
But any rational man should see child support as an act of mercy

act of mercy?

it wasnt an act of mercy when he did his stuff.

if you sow seed, you should be responsible for the seed.

of course, whoever likes can still cut and run oh.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2011
And what part of the financial cost does the woman bear?

I am not against child support but I am gainst the way its done in most places, Some women get the child support checks and just go buy jewelries and shoes while the children you are supposed to be supporting are left to starve.

I would rather be for the woman providing receipt of items bought for the child and the man reimbursing her. Any item that looks like gold, earrings, nail polish, shoes, bags, should be striked out.

I am all for responsibility from both sides and EQUALLY too
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nekai(f): 12:47am On Feb 09, 2011
The thought of child support has crossed my mind. Not just for the money, but the principle. I do feel that somebody needs to get through to him that he is 50% responsible for these children, even if it has to be a judge.

As far as contacting his family and friends, I don't even mention him, and for the most part they contact me to see how we are doing.

@TewMuch, I only have an email address for him. How would you suggest that I open communication with him?

Frankly I don't feel that I should. I haven't moved and my number has not changed. However my mum did suggest that I reach out to him so that we can at least be civil.

The problem is that I do not want to force these kids on him. I also don't want to face the possibility that he become involved, only to be hostile and make my life harder than it is now.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Busybody2(f): 1:07am On Feb 09, 2011
Nekai:

The thought of child support has crossed my mind. Not just for the money, but the principle. I do feel that somebody needs to get through to him that he is 50% responsible for these children, even if it has to be a judge.

As far as contacting his family and friends, I don't even mention him, and for the most part they contact me to see how we are doing.

@TewMuch, I only have an email address for him. How would you suggest that I open communication with him?

Frankly I don't feel that I should. I haven't moved and my number has not changed. However my mum did suggest that I reach out to him so that we can at least be civil.

The problem is that I do not want to force these kids on him. I also don't want to face the possibility that he become involved, only to be hostile and make my life harder than it is now.
Hey, stop worrying your pretty head and go look after those gorgeous bundle of joy of yours, he will come back, they always do, especially if it is a boy wink

Here's a similar story i stumbled upon earlier, maybe you can get a positive thing or two from it, you ain't the first, you will not be the last, so stop worrying what might have been and embrace the future, as long as there is life and we can draw breath, there is hope, so hold your head up high, the World is your oyster.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-131326.0.html
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by TewMuch: 1:59am On Feb 09, 2011
Nekai:

From what I gather of his actions he seems to be very strong headed and stubborn. As you can see even his family and friends are unsucessful in bending him to your side so it should be handled very delicately or u give him a reason to justify his actions. However hard it may seem, no guilt trips, insults, raised voices or fights. You have to make him feel comfortable, as I am sure he is overwhelmed! Not one but two children! Am sure a lot is going through his mind on if he can provide for them and if he wants you in his life. Not every man comes back to face their responsibilities. Most run. Plus you are not Nigerian. Overwhelm him with child support demands. What if he runs to Niigeria? You will be left alone with nothing. Contact his mum maybe every other weekend or so just to stay relevant and have her on your side, build a good relationship with her. Please don't push for him to come back, she will do all that for you when she knows you better. As for the guy, send him an open ended email. Send him some heart renching pics, maybe studio type to him with your phone number and contact information. Tell him that you are open for friendship between both of you and if he is able or willing to do anything to help the children then you will greatly appreciate. Tell him that the door is always open to seeing the boys (don't say his children, Overwhelming!). And that their lives would be so much better with someone like him in it. That is all. No more. Work on the mum from there. If he calls to pick fights or cause trouble maintain your cool and don't insult or fight back.

And take off the pics of these children. Lol.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 09, 2011
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by armyofone(m): 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2011
dayokanu and sagamite are against anything to make life easy for a woman.

OP, hope you have his SS number. for now take care of yourself and your babies and your work. much later, get a PI to fish him out and sue for child supportĀ  cheesy

not every woman is ghettolistic (not every woman use your donated child support for manicure/pedi, handbag, hairdos etc so relax.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by jaybee3(m): 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
What's your number one priority?
The dad being in his children's lives or child support
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
dayokanu:

And what part of the financial cost does the woman bear?

I am not against child support but I am gainst the way its done in most places, S[b]ome women get the child support checks and just go buy jewelries and shoes while the children you are supposed to be supporting are left to starve.[/b]

I would rather be for the woman providing receipt of items bought for the child and the man reimbursing her. Any item that looks like gold, earrings, nail polish, shoes, bags, should be striked out.

I am all for responsibility from both sides and EQUALLY too

A mother will let her children starve while she buys jewelries and shoes with the child support money

Is that really how you see women or you are just being unrealistic to justify your baseless argument undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nekai(f): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
Priority #1 for me would be that he be in the boys life and actually care about them.
Since it doesn't look like he will "come around" anytime soon, then I would want a judge to find him responsible so that he will be on their birth certificate, and start paying something,even if a minimal amount.
I think he is going about his merry way living his life like the boys don't exist.
@TewMuch it's interesting to have a male perspective, but I don't know if I am quite ready to contact him just yet.
It's really sad, but if he waits 5 years to start coming around then I have to just ignore the fact that he wasn't there before?? The pregnancy and the last 4 months since they have been here has been the hardest thing I have ever went through. There was even a point where the doctors thought it was a less then 50/50 chance that they would make it. It has been a lifetime for me. Then there is the fact that as a single parent I get snide comments and dirty looks from people who assume that I am just an uneducated ghetto girl. (To be honest I even got looks and comments from some of my own extended family members which hurt worse) He will never understand how it feels to look in these boys eyes and know that they are depending on me for everything. Even if he comes around later and plays an active role in their lives it will not erase the past.

This is why I kind of want to file child support. If he is too overwhelmed to provide the physical, mental and psychological support then maybe he can contribute financial support.

Maybe I should just forget about him altogether?
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by TewMuch: 6:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nekai:

Priority #1 for me would be that he be in the boys life and actually care about them.
Since it doesn't look like he will "come around" anytime soon, then I would want a judge to find him responsible so that he will be on their birth certificate, and start paying something,even if a minimal amount.
I think he is going about his merry way living his life like the boys don't exist.
@TewMuch it's interesting to have a male perspective, but I don't know if I am quite ready to contact him just yet.
It's really sad, but if he waits 5 years to start coming around then I have to just ignore the fact that he wasn't there before?? The pregnancy and the last 4 months since they have been here has been the hardest thing I have ever went through. There was even a point where the doctors thought it was a less then 50/50 chance that they would make it. It has been a lifetime for me. Then there is the fact that as a single parent I get snide comments and dirty looks from people who assume that I am just an uneducated ghetto girl. (To be honest I even got looks and comments from some of my own extended family members which hurt worse) He will never understand how it feels to look in these boys eyes and know that they are depending on me for everything. Even if he comes around later and plays an active role in their lives it will not erase the past.

This is why I kind of want to file child support. If he is too overwhelmed to provide the physical, mental and psychological support then maybe he can contribute financial support.

Maybe I should just forget about him altogether?

You can file for child support doesnt mean he will pay it. His father's money is not his money, trust me an international student probably makes minimum wage depending on your state. That was $5 in my time. If you look for child support from him, prepare to go on welfare. Probably cant pay his own rent. From the looks of things, he will see it as you made the CHOICE to have the kids and he didnt, so you will take care of them. He is also not an American, a judge can make whatever ruling he likes. The guy can always leave the country and leave you broke. The sooner you make him comfortable the bettter for you. His father is unlikely to pick up his responsibility
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
armyofone:

dayokanu and sagamite are against anything to make life easy for a woman.
OP, hope you have his SS number. for now take care of yourself and your babies and your work. much later, get a PI to fish him out and sue for child supportĀ  cheesy
not every woman is ghettolistic (not every woman use your donated child support for manicure/pedi, handbag, hairdos etc so relax.

So the concept of life being easy for women is to make babies and turn them into money making ventures?
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

A mother will let her children starve while she buys jewelries and shoes with the child support money
Is that really how you see women or you are just being unrealistic to justify your baseless argument undecided

Well you should ask around how these women spend their Child support money.

Also getting Child support from an International student who is dependent on his parents for upkeep might not be a profitable venture
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nekai(f): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
It isn't about the money for me. It is more about the principle. I am sure if he is ordered to pay child support it would be very little.
And do you know that motherhood is a full time job?? Imagine working a 10 hour shift and coming home to feed a baby (or babies) that eat every 3 hours around the clock. And on your day off? More round the clock baby time. Even a mother with one child doesn't have it easy.
Who would look at a baby as a money making venture? Maybe those women who date basketball stars and other wealthy men.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by mcihungary(m): 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
I am still struggling to see the point of this post.

In other-words, what did the OP want to achieve by posting this story?

Was it;

a.) you wanted opinions on having an abortion? (Abortion can NEVER be condoned under ANY circumstance).
b.) you want to make up with your boyfriend and be together? (Clearly he doesn't want to be with you & trying to trap him with kids clearly didn't work).
c.) You need financial support in taking care of the kids? (You are perfectly aware that he is a student and has minimal/no source of income, except for what he gets from his parents, And as you mentioned you are able to contact his parents, so its clear that you can get in touch with them if/when you would need financial assistance for the upkeep of the babies).
d.) or you are simply seeking revenge for what he did to you?

And before all you women delve into a Hissyfit,

I have also made numerous mistakes in my life which i am not proud of, but i don't go around the internet seeking attention by exhibiting/advertising my shame, and expecting the world to pat me on the back and tell me "what a strong/wonderful/amazing/marvelous person i am".
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by TewMuch: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nekai:

It isn't about the money for me. It is more about the principle. I am sure if he is ordered to pay child support it would be very little.
And do you know that motherhood is a full time job?? Imagine working a 10 hour shift and coming home to feed a baby (or babies) that eat every 3 hours around the clock. And on your day off? More round the clock baby time. Even a mother with one child doesn't have it easy.
Who would look at a baby as a money making venture? Maybe those women who date basketball stars and other wealthy men.

Can you get child support from someone that is not legally allowed to work in the country? Only allowed school jobs? Did his father get you pregnant? They cant make him talk to you, you think they can force him to feed you? Do you think the father doesnt have other children to take care of, that he will now take care of all your responsibilities? If he decides to not work will you suck his blood? You better decide what you want to do before he finishes his education and runs away. The earlier you get civil the better for you.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by vanitty: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
mcihungary:

I am still struggling to see the point of this post.

In other-words, what did the OP want to achieve by posting this story?

Was it;

a.) you wanted opinions on having an abortion? (Abortion can NEVER be condoned under ANY circumstance).
b.) you want to make up with your boyfriend and be together? (Clearly he doesn't want to be with you & trying to trap him with kids clearly didn't work).
c.) You need financial support in taking care of the kids? (You are perfectly aware that he is a student and has minimal/no source of income, except for what he gets from his parents, And as you mentioned you are able to contact his parents, so its clear that you can get in touch with them if/when you would need financial assistance for the upkeep of the babies).
d.) or you are simply seeking revenge for what he did to you?

And before all you women delve into a Hissyfit,

I have also made numerous mistakes in my life which i am not proud of, but i don't go around the internet seeking attention by exhibiting/advertising my shame, and expecting the world to pat me on the back and tell me "what a strong/wonderful/amazing/marvelous person i am".

what shame is she advertising?
And what exactly have you achieved by posting this trash
Some people are truly dense. No social skills whatsoever.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by pslm23(f): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nekai,

Where are you? England or the US?

Is he still a student? Does he have a job?

Either way, the dude has money to party and club around and also spend on the newest "mumu" girl draped around his arm. If he could have unprotected seexx with you then he is doing the same with other girls and sooner or later there'll be many more girls pregnant for him out there. Once a dog, always a dog!

Go after hime with all you've got for child support. He should pay. Even if it is $1/week, let that pathetic SOB pay for the upkeep of his children. Maybe if he was a bit more civil towards you and acted like a fukking real man, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is nothing but a punk and he should be treated as such!

Don't hold your breath thinking he'll come around because he won't unless God punishes him and he is unable to have any more children when he really wants them. That's when they usually remember the child they abandoned and then they come begging and blaming the devil for thier wickedness and act of abandonment.
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by TewMuch: 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
pslm23:

Nekai,

Either way, the dude has money to party and club around and also spend on the newest "mumu" girl draped around his arm. If he could have unprotected seexx with you then he is doing the same with other girls and sooner or later there'll be many more girls pregnant for him out there. Once a dog, always a dog!

Go after hime with all you've got for child support. He should pay. Even if it is $1/week, let that pathetic SOB pay for the upkeep of his children. Maybe if he was a bit more civil towards you and acted like a fukking real man, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is nothing but a punk and he should be treated as such!

Don't hold your breath thinking he'll come around because he won't unless God punishes him and he is unable to have any more children when he really wants them
. That's when they usually remember the child they abandoned and then they come begging and blaming the devil for thier wickedness and act of abandonment.

Only in the movies, the guy has shown that he is very capable. 1 time, twins. What are the odds? The guy will probably find someone else and have a new family. Someone he likes. I need to ask the OP this though, what is it about you that he doesnt like? Are you sure you guys were in a relationship or you were just Friends with benefits( if you answer truly no one will judge you, i will personally block you and fight for you here wink)
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nekai(f): 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
pslm23:

Nekai,

Don't hold your breath thinking he'll come around because he won't unless God punishes him and he is unable to have any more children when he really wants them. That's when they usually remember the child they abandoned and then they come begging and blaming the devil for thier wickedness and act of abandonment.

I think you are 100% right!
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by TewMuch: 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nekai:

I think you are 100% right!

And if he runs away, will you kill yourself? Madam principle. You can never use that to get the guy to come back to you just in case you are wondering. Infact he will go far away and convince his family that you are all drama. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
Now she is coming out to tell us what she wanted all along. Another of those who believe babies making is a source of income. Good luck with the child support. remember you can only claim 2 kids in Tax returns which is less than $2,000 a yr

Now tell how you would track someone whose source of income is Western Union transfers from Nigeria.

I have a friend who has a business, when one girl said she got preggers, He offered to take care and the girl listened to her friends advice "GO for child support" well she did go for Child support thinking she would be getting $5000 per month

The guy just "sold" his business to his friend/family and the friend employed him back into the same business as an adviser while paying him minimum wage. The child support was calculated based on his minimum wage income which amounted to like $20/week and he drives around town in a Lexus.

Many guys because of this Child support drop their daily job or work minimum hours and do a lot of under the counter jobs which are not accounted for. You would see him riding the latest cars while you would admire you $22 child support checks.

Go file the child support and share in the money, Now see how the so called father figure you wanted us to believe would come back into the kids life.

When going on mindless romps, think of the consequences, When thinking you can turn baby making into a means of livelihood think twice
Re: My Boyfriend Left Me by Nekai(f): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Only in the movies, the guy has shown that he is very capable. 1 time, twins. What are the odds? The guy will probably find someone else and have a new family. Someone he likes. I need to ask the OP this though, what is it about you that he doesnt like? Are you sure you guys were in a relationship or you were just Friends with benefits( if you answer truly no one will judge you, i will personally block you and fight for you here wink)

We were in a relationship, which is why his friends knew me and knew what kind of a person I am.
This is not about me. He just wanted to live his life without the responsibility of kids yet. So did I! But it happened and I don't know why it's so hard for him to understand why I didn't get an abortion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nagging Spouse Vs Difficult Boss / She Denied Me Of Sex / Wife Keeps Ex Boyfriend Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.