Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) (6318 Views)

Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour / Taliban ‘Victory Force’ Parade With US Tanks & Guns( Pix) / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by tk4rd: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
THEY ARE ALL LOOKING BADASS AND MEAN.!!
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by fr3do(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
GloryIsaac:
At times i wish this was possible in Nigeria but the mentality isn't just right for this kind of thing. Even a Messi/Ronaldo argument would leave dead bodies everywhere. undecided

Don't think so lowly of Nigerians
With great power comes great responsibility.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by maisauki: 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Explorers:
The phones at gun shops across the country are ringing off the hook.

Demand for firearms, ammunition and bulletproof gear has surged since the December 14 massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, that took the lives of 20 school children and six teachers and administrators.

The shooting sparked calls for tighter gun control measures, especially for military-style assault weapons like the ones used in Newtown and in the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater shooting earlier this year.

The prospect of a possible weapons ban has sent gun enthusiasts into a panic and sparked a frenzy of buying at stores and gun dealers nationwide.

People line up to enter the RK Gun store after Obama's speech.

People crowd the RK Gun Show in the Smokies in Knoxville, Tennessee on Friday, December 28, 2012.

Sales of high-capacity bullet magazines have also risen.

A dealer displays firearms for sale at a gun show in Kansas City, Missouri on December, 2012.
so these people are this daft! does d possession of guns means that you won't be shot? in d stead of bullet proof clothes, they're going for more guns, what a people!
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by sbashir10(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mehn.... The world is soon. Coming to an end sha
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
I don't know why it's almost impossible to get a gun in Africa. It would solve 80% of the crime issues

1 Like

Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by tuoyoojo(m): 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
if dem start dis one for 9ja na fulani herdsmen go dey beg people say dem want peace

bros is making sense fash!!
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by laribari(m): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
hopeforcharles:
If this would have been in Nigeria, Ol boy na Civil war go just break out,
Sincerely I am still thinking why it is permitted for guns to be sold this easy and displayed this publicly,
Maybe its their own theorie of populace control,
This way Nature is cleansing itself of some parasites that are depleting the little resources remaining for consumption and survival of homo sapiens for the preservation of mankind
grin grin

I'm still trying to figure out. Imagine that crowd but who dem wan use the gun kill? Rabbit or human being?

See gun wey Nigerian Army dey find for here Na eim citizens get easy access to. No wonder it's easy to import arms into the country. Anybody can just go and buy.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by goldfish80(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
I love American movies, music and I think the country has one of the best landscapes in the world.
But what is bad about America is really bad. Health care, Cops wiping out black people, in your face corruption, corporatism, Politicians sold out to lobbyists, Prison industrial complex, gun nuts running haywire in the streets.

There remains alot of good in America but they continue to head into an abyss of uncertainty with a president who appears more like a staggering f00l than a leader.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Csami(m): 12:30am On Feb 25, 2018
Blackfyre:

On the contrary, I think it helps for the citizens not to be taken advantage of by the government. Government has no choice to enforce and protect the laws of the country. Irrespective of who you are, how highly placed or lowly placed you are, government will see to it that your rights are protected. The whole thing will make the government take the citizens serious else what we may have is a breakdown of law and order once the governments starts acting like the one we have here in Nigeria.

There is a reason why they say, in a good country the government should fear the people not the other way round. Imagine if such laws were in place in Nigeria, do you think a lecturer can take advantage of students? Or lootocrats can walk freely in Nigeria with our money or more importantly rig elections? We will just take our guns along when we go vote who we want and stand with our guns as they count the votes.

What about England and other European nation with strict and tight gun control? Why are there no break down of law and order? Why don't their government misbehave?
See those people up there in those pictures are a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Aldebaran(m): 1:28am On Feb 25, 2018
America and Guns

Just like 5 & 6 grin
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by CzarChris(m): 5:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Explorers:
More
Just look at this beautiful scenery. You've got to love the U.S
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Ishilove: 6:33am On Feb 25, 2018
This happened almost 6 years ago. So what happened after this months high school shooting? They went to the streets to protest because these kinds of guns have no business being on the streets
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2018
Csami:

What about England and other European nation with strict and tight gun control? Why are there no break down of law and order? Why don't their government misbehave?
See those people up there in those pictures are a disaster waiting to happen.

England because of the sort of government they have and the monarchy. I think it's a parliamentary state not a federal. I may be wrong tho. When Nigeria was in a parliamentary state, the regional government, Nigeria was well governed that it is currently.

Same can be said for some European states, also those places you mention are not as diverse as Nigeria. In Nigeria we have over 250 ethnic groups with various languages. Those countries you mention do not have such divisions.
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by 007author(m): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2018
How do I get a gun in Nigeria?
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:02am On Feb 25, 2018
Blackfyre:

England because of the sort of government they have and the monarchy. I think it's a parliamentary state not a federal. I may be wrong tho. When Nigeria was in a parliamentary state, the regional government, Nigeria was well governed that it is currently.

Same can be said for some European states, also those places you mention are not as diverse as Nigeria. In Nigeria we have over 250 ethnic groups with various languages. Those countries you mention do not have such divisions.
less than 30% of us are in power(political, economic and security), who will wan kill if 50% of us should acquire such weapons? note, some of those in power no get strength for crisis, they would simply travel out till normalcy is restored, so who will wan killll?
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by amalder: 9:30am On Feb 25, 2018
wait ooo do you mean civilians can own such automatic weapons?

Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by larrynakel: 11:00am On Feb 25, 2018
None!

[/quote]
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2018
See how they are rushing it as if say na balogun market dem dey?

Abeg, make dem kill dem selves finish.

Ndi ara....
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 25, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

less than 30% of us are in power(political, economic and security), who will wan kill if 50% of us should acquire such weapons? note, some of those in power no get strength for crisis, they would simply travel out till normalcy is restored, so who will wan killll?

It's not about killing anybody, it's about the people I'm government being up to the task to avoid break down of law and order. Look at the militants, imagine if half of the country was armed,you think these people in government won't seat right?
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2018
Blackfyre:

It's not about killing anybody, it's about the people I'm government being up to the task to avoid break down of law and order. Look at the militants, imagine if half of the country was armed,you think these people in government won't seat right?
hope you know there is no perfect govt anywhere, there will always be opposition, and we cant all own arms without some having the curiosity to test it someday, a good system if present might give justice but what justice is there for the dead
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 25, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

hope you know there is no perfect govt anywhere, there will always be opposition, and we cant all own arms without some having the curiosity to test it someday, a good system if present might give justice but what justice is there for the dead

You don't get what I am saying, because of the fact that the citizens bear arms, they have no choice to make sure the laws are efficient and working else the state will descend to anarchy. Government will be forced to do things fairly in order not to give room for anarchy.
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
That's my nation
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by dfrost: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
Blackfyre:
I would be lying if I said I won't get me one if I stay in that country.

See hardware abeg...

Gimme a Glock and one of those suppressors.

I'm a freaking gun freak.
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Emerikoss: 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
So everyone will now be carrying gun upandan, they'll be like wtf dude take am kpoo ur own don don be dat oo, issorait...
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by dfrost: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
Emerikoss:
So everyone will now be carrying gun upandan, they'll be like wtf dude take am kpoo ur own don don be dat oo, issorait...

cheesy grin
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by MONITZ: 12:49am On Feb 26, 2018
GloryIsaac:
At times i wish this was possible in Nigeria but the mentality isn't just right for this kind of thing. Even a Messi/Ronaldo argument would leave dead bodies everywhere. undecided

Haha funny u and u painted a picture of what would be obtainable here if such extant laws about guns in the US re applied in Nigeria,it's a sorry situation that goes to show the mentality of this set of Nigerians who can kill over trivial and meaningless stuffs..
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by oathman(m): 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
Someone is getting richer
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by cooleo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2018
I love America!!!
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by Xionez(m): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
Within them lurks another homicidal customer.
Re: This Is How Americans Queue And Shop For Guns After Sandy Hook Shooting(Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
Even our Nigerian police can't boast of a new ak47 let alone all these.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really This Bad , That Other African Countries Want Us Out? / Trump Denies Accusations And "Fully Retracted Claims" From Epstein Victim / BREAKING: Israeli Government's "Doomsday Plane" has taken Off With PM Netanyahu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.