Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured (26450 Views)

President Buhari Visits Soldiers Injured By Boko Haram In Maiduguri Hospital / Photos Of Soldiers Injured By Shiites During Yesterday's Protest In Abuja / Soldiers Capture Top Boko Haram Commander, Rescue 212 Hostages (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Blue3k2: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
Troops in Borno killed five Boko Haram insurgents and captured a top commander of the group in the ongoing operation in Sambisa Forest and the Lake Chad basin, the army said.

Onyeama Nwachukwu, a colonel and Deputy Director, Army Public Relations of Operation Lafiya Dole, in a statement in Maiduguri, said troops also rescued three civilians, recovered vehicles and high calibre ammunition in various operations in the past two days.

Mr. Nwachukwu said on Thursday, the troops engaged and neutralised a number of fleeing insurgents while attempting to escape the military blocking position in one of the cleared enclaves ‘Sabil-Huda’, deep in Sambisa Forest.

He said the troops also recovered one G-III rifle magazine, one life jacket, a light Machine Gun metal link, four rounds of Anti-Aircraft ammunition, four rounds of 7.62mm (NATO) ammunition and three rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition.

“Unfortunately, two soldiers were injured in the process; they had been evacuated by the Nigerian Air Force and are responding to treatment,” he said.

Mr. Nwachukwu said the troops on Friday launched offensive targeting a terrorist’s hideouts up ‘CAMP ZAIRO’, and neutralised a number of insurgents in spite of initial damage caused to their Armoured Fighting Vehicle by Improvise Explosive Device (IED) planted beneath the ground.

He said the troops killed five insurgents, wounded several others and recovered ammunition at a hideout in Parisu, Sambisa Forest.

Mr. Nwachukwu disclosed that troops of 151 Battalion in conjunction with “7 Division Support Group’ have also cleared nine terrorists’ hideouts along Frigi-Izza area.

The director added that the troops also recovered one motorcycle, two bicycles, 10 bicycle tyres, one bicycle, three Boko Haram flags, a solar panel, five drums filled with grain, two mattresses, two grinding machines, three bags of metal scraps, two motorcycle tyres and two underground grain silos.

Also recovered are one AK-47 Rifle Magazine, 1 dummy rifle, a round of 12.7mm ammunition, 12 empty cases of 7.62mm ammunition, assorted IED materials and a tool box.

According to him, the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE provided air cover for the land troops in the conduct of the operations.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/259793-nigerian-troops-capture-top-boko-haram-commander.html

1 Like

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by NwaNimo1(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
Fake news....

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by JusticeSeeker: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
The Federal government should go to Benue state and get good judges. The judge who presided over the herdsmen case should be assigned boko haram cases. The judge has delivered her judgment within 4 months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
shocked

Why is that it is only when Boko Haram kidnaps or attacks a market or bombs a mosque that Nigerian Army always capture one of BH's imaginary commander??

24 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ok, I agree it's true. Is that all?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by chuksjuve(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
My fellow Nigerians join me

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by chuksjuve(m): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
My fellow Nigerians, news like this always makes me

5 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by tafabaloo(m): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by zionmde: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
yeah he will be one of those to be exchanged with some few dapchi girls along with enough billions of naira from fg as their empowerment package for boko haram

18 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Blue3k2: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
Man these guys are resourceful if they can acquire anti aircraft ammo.
Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
We hope so.....
Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Desyner: 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
The comedy series continues . . .

7 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Blue3k2:
Why can't they be resourceful when FG pays them in hard currency to release abducted girls?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Blue3k2: 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Why can't they be resourceful when FG pays them in hard currency to release abducted girls?

Yeah that helps. I'm guessing they have connections in Libya.

3 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Omeokachie: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
"Attack on Boko haram is anti-north"

2 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by omenkaLives(m): 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Shekau's siblings are already gathered here wailing and gnashing teeth as usual. cheesy

Such fun to see them sad over good news. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Blue3k2: 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
omenkaLives:
Shekau's siblings are already gathered here wailing and gnashing teeth as usual. cheesy

Why do you still bother? The government showed it's not above lying so people are right to be skeptical about information presented. They made Yobe state government look crazy because of false reports. The military captures a top commander every 6 months. Look at the Google headlines. The cockroaches will get a new commander. The news is good but more work will need to be done to stomp them out.

7 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
Blue3k2:

Yeah that helps. I'm guessing they have connections in Libya.
Leave Libya connections, northern elites are not yet ready to stop BH's menace, because the day they'll do we'll all see and feel it. Even the top military personnel's are not exempted also

8 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by PointZerom: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
I clap for una stupidity. Where's Dapchi girls?

2 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by DonCortino: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
whats the point when buhari is going to release him sooner or later with a million dollars in pocket? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kudos Guys.

Sincerely my respect to you guys today in Rann, Kala Balge LAG how you sent two BH members to their early graves

1 Like

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Blue3k2: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Leave Libya connections, northern elites are not yet ready to stop BH's menace, because the day they'll do we'll all see and feel it. Even the top military personnel's are not exempted also

Oh well they will have to eventually. I say that because I believe in self interest. The already approved North East redevelopment fund. The money won't be there forever and UN will move on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by PointZerom: 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
omenkaLives:

One of them spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
Fake report

1 Like

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by uckennety(m): 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
Why the Islamic insignia on the tanker

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by BruncleZuma: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by 12submarine(m): 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Blue3k2:
I thought is just me that observed this. These northerners are really assisting the boko haram boys. The earlier they come out clean, the better for them and their children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by free2ryhme: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by Abiflexy01(m): 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
Everyday new top commander emerges

1 Like

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by blaise00700(m): 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Which soldier goes to battle with selfie stick... very undisciplined bunch who derive pleasure in intimidating its civilian angry

5 Likes

Re: Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured by thesicilian: 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
zionmde:
yeah he will be one of those to be exchanged with some few dapchi girls along with enough billions of naira from fg as their empowerment package for boko haram
That is why nowadays no one really cares anymore

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola / Ambode, Obiano, Ugwuanyi, Tinubu, Others For World Igbo Day In Lagos / Malami: I Never Instructed EFCC, CCB To Begin Fresh Case Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.