Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

A Visit To London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To London (1227 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Visit To London by touchmeder: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2010
H
Re: A Visit To London by nanidee(f): 2:20am On Apr 26, 2010
lipsrsealed
by d time they use u for fresh pepper-soup, u go know as u go take dey waka waka for inside soak away pesin bele, grin
Re: A Visit To London by chelseabmw(m): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2010
am in west london.very close to stafoord brigde.
Re: A Visit To London by snowdrops(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2010
touchmeder:

m live in somepart of the uk and was looking foward to visiting london for some days but none of my friends are willing to take time off and accompany me.
so throwing it open to anyone who even has d time to do waka waka with me
I can imagine how frustrating it is to be unable to explore a big city like london as you may have wished.
You may be surprised to know that touring the city is not as complicated as it might seem. You can easily move around with the tube, there are maps everywhere, and if confused ask any of the staff at train or bus station.
People are generally quite nice and helpful. Dont be shy to ask.
[/color][color=#990000]

I wouldnt not advice soliciting the help of a complete stranger from the internet.
Re: A Visit To London by AjanleKoko: 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2010
Why don't you just get online and find out about things to do, and places to see in London?
Right here from Nigeria, people plan holiday itineraries in places as far-flung as Kathmandu, Nepal. I can't even start to recount how many places I've been where I didn't know anybody, or wasn't with anybody.

The first time I ever went to London was on a solo work trip. I can tell you what I did back then (about a decade or so ago).
I started from the venue of the conference I was attending (Business Design Center), searched online for hotels close to the venue (Islington), and got a nice reasonable place close to Angel.

When I arrived in the UK, I picked up one of those London guides (you can find them just about anywhere, at any tube station), and basically just identified the places that looked interesting. Like Buckingham Palace (elementary!), Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, Madam Tussauds, Trafalgar Square, etc, etc. Good thing the city has a near-excellent public transportation system (my views!), so I pretty much spent a day going to all those places. I even took some sort of boat service that starts from North Greenwich, and takes you all the way down the Thames, and stops at Westminster, where you can get off and walk to Trafalgar square.

I even had time to get to some of the 'Naija' zones in South East London (Lewisham, Woolwich, Hackney, and Peckham, even the so-called Petticoat Lane market on Liverpool Street, and the shops at Finsbury Park).
When I hooked up with a friend (London resident), he was shocked, and told me, he hadn't been to half of those places, after 14 years in Jand. LOL.

So, in a nutshell, plan your journey, and tour by yourself. It's even interesting sometimes, when you're on your own.
Re: A Visit To London by DisGuy: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2010
If you are a student why dont you organise this with the union or ACS

londoners na busy bee ooo, even resting time grin

the good thing is everything is online, you can plan your journey from A-Z

I guess the only thing is you'll want to go places with someone familiar

visitlondon.com

(1) (Reply)

Vietnam Visa / Anybody On Nairaland Living In Odogbolu, Ogun State? / Akwa Ibom Transport Bus Is On Burning Along Calabar-Itu Road(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.