Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave (35951 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work / 5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / Please Help My Brother On This Job Interview He Was Invited For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by vicfajeze: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Ur own don finish
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Centurion04: 7:19am On Feb 26, 2018
O'bwoy! Hin just buy market in German currency!!
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Yewandequeen(f): 7:19am On Feb 26, 2018
oruma19:
how is it finished? The boss should as a mata Of urgency increase the staff's package knowing that they are disgruntled already. A wise boss will call for a meeting and review pay upwards and also increase work responsibility of staff...lolzzzz

He lied that he was sick and outta the kindness of his heart he gave him 2daus off to treat himself. Had it been it were the guy free day, then it's fine but he lied and played on boss intelligence. So he is in soup.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by MegaStarr(m): 7:22am On Feb 26, 2018
sirusX:
See gobe! shocked Lost two jobs in one sitting
...by his own hands.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by pek(m): 7:23am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:
And where is it a crime for sick people to go for interviews?
Not a crime! But if you were sick enough not to go to the office, then you should be sick enough not to go for the interview.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 26, 2018
Quelle:

This is really funny, what a coincidence. Nigerian man meets his boss at job interview he attended after taking sick leave at work.

According to him, not only did he meet his boss at the interview; he was also among the panelist interviewing them.

He wrote in his tweet;
"I was scheduled for an interview today, so I called my boss yesterday informing him I wasn’t feeling fine & that I would love to visit the clinic. He advised I go for proper checkup & he gave me 2 days off; I was shocked when I saw him among panelist interviewing us this morning!"

https://gistrealm.com/man-meets-his-boss-at-job-interview-he-attended-after-taking-a-sick-leave/

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
I will answer this from my own perspective as I presently have people working under me.

If the dude is very good at his job I would not sack him. Rather I will have a heart to heart meeting with him once he is back in the office. The goal of the meeting is to understand any grievances he might have (work environment, salary, promotion etc). If his explanations are tangible we look for a way forward to make him happier in his job, because it costs the company a lot to train employees and the loss will be much.

But if his mind is fully made up, then we part on good terms.

It's only an irrational manager that will just sack the dude without carrying out a proper investigation.

To those saying he is not supposed to go for an interview while on a 2 day sick leave, in which employee manual have you seen a total restriction of an employee's movement while on a sick leave? My 2 cents cool

1 Like

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Tessie01(f): 7:55am On Feb 26, 2018
your village people at work, Double wahala
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by ndiboy01(m): 7:59am On Feb 26, 2018
On a Valentine's day?
How come u got all diz statistics ?? Were u dia 2 count all d times he cum? Na wa 4 diz kind fake news oooo Valentine's day wey pucci fool evrywhr ??
Abeg parkwell
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by hopefulLandlord: 8:00am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:
I'm impressed
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by begwong: 8:01am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:
Na the lie be the crime ėgbón!
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by dingbang(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2018
Lol guilty conscience will not allow the niccur to come to work the next day
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by justi4jesu(f): 8:06am On Feb 26, 2018
Stale gist angry angry
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by WaffenSS(m): 8:07am On Feb 26, 2018
Twitter.

Where people will sit and fabricate stories for internet attention.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by okenta2017: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2018
Quelle:

This is really funny, what a coincidence. Nigerian man meets his boss at job interview he attended after taking sick leave at work.

According to him, not only did he meet his boss at the interview; he was also among the panelist interviewing them.

He wrote in his tweet;
"I was scheduled for an interview today, so I called my boss yesterday informing him I wasn’t feeling fine & that I would love to visit the clinic. He advised I go for proper checkup & he gave me 2 days off; I was shocked when I saw him among panelist interviewing us this morning!"

https://gistrealm.com/man-meets-his-boss-at-job-interview-he-attended-after-taking-a-sick-leave/

If his boss is in APC there is no problem because in APC lies are technically accepted
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by laliga01: 8:15am On Feb 26, 2018
Skip the interview at the sight of your boss cos if you go ahead, you are on the verge of loosing both. Except and except it is divine.

sirusX:
See gobe! shocked
Lost two jobs in one sitting

I can imagine the boss asking him questions during the interview:
It say on your CV that you’re currently employed, why would you want to leave your current workplace?

Some of the core values of this company are trust and integrity, are u always honest?

For the 2nd question, na to cry in silence cry
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by stevups(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2018
He gave him go ahead.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Collins10(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:
He was too sick to dress up and go to work, but he was not too sick to attend an interview, abi?

Okay na.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by kingPhidel(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2018
And you say village people don't monitor you?.
Yaff finish ooo
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by livebynite: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Will this post in anyway reduce the cost of garri in the market ? angry
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by lonelydora: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2018
Funny
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by adecz: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2018
Cunny man cunny, cunny don gbab am!! grin grin grin
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by lonelydora: 8:24am On Feb 26, 2018
sirusX:
See gobe! shocked
Lost two jobs in one sitting

I can imagine the boss asking him questions during the interview:
It say on your CV that you’re currently employed, why would you want to leave your current workplace?

Some of the core values of this company are trust and integrity, are u always honest?

For the 2nd question, na to cry in silence cry

I will pray the ground opens...let me jump in. Lol.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by jaszplus12(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2018
EVILFOREST:
COMPLETELY FINISHED
....and FINISHED. COMPLETELY!!
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by jaszplus12(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2018
EVILFOREST:
COMPLETELY FINISHED
....and FINISHED. COMPLETELY!!
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by charlyazods(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2018
Massive Recruitment - Dispatch Riders in Lagos

Our client is a one stop solution for deliveries and professional services needs in Nigeria. They provide comprehensive delivery solutions and plans to become a global brand. They have openings for 70+ Dispatch Riders in Lagos.

Requirements
Minimum of SSCE with five credits including Maths and English OR BSc, HND or OND Degrees in any field of study
Must be resident in Lagos and conversant with Lagos terrain and road network
Previous or current job as a Dispatch Rider is a huge advantage
Good communication skills
Can speak English fluently
Can operate an Smart Phone and use Google Maps effectively

Benefits
World class training
30,000-50,000 Naira per month
Other incentives

To apply, visit: http://work.eoutsource.net/jobs/detail/dispatch-riders-sales-reps-9

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Psoul(m): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2018
teemanbastos:
the crime in there is the guy's dishonest Attitude and insincerity.

Greed! at work here

I don't see that as greed. It's called aspiring to be better. U don't just remain stationary and hope to improve.

Even the boss that was one of the panelists, what was he doing dia. Won't he be paid for that job he went there for. The boss is also doing double job. That time he was spending there belongs to the company that employed him and not for that one that hired him for the interview.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Eldersege(m): 8:38am On Feb 26, 2018
It all comes down to how important you are in your place of work. If you are a real asset, even if your boss is across that table, doing the interview, to him, all his questions will be centered on how to ensure you are not employed there and how to know what will make you comfortable in his establishment.

Jobs may be scarce in Nigeria, but the right personel is extremely scarce too.

Be that right personel.

2 Likes

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Yesbody: 8:45am On Feb 26, 2018
Quelle:

He wrote in his tweet;

Run, don't take the interview just go back to work
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Udoks(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2018
But how does one ask for permission to attend an interview without lying? I am asking for someone �
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Yesbody: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2018
charlyazods:
Massive Recruitment - Dispatch Riders in Lagos

Our client is a one stop solution for deliveries and professional services needs in Nigeria. They provide comprehensive delivery solutions and plans to become a global brand. They have openings for 70+ Dispatch Riders in Lagos.

Requirements
Minimum of SSCE with five credits including Maths and English OR BSc, HND or OND Degrees in any field of study
Must be resident in Lagos and conversant with Lagos terrain and road network
Previous or current job as a Dispatch Rider is a huge advantage
Good communication skills
Can speak English fluently
Can operate an Smart Phone and use Google Maps effectively

Benefits
World class training
30,000-50,000 Naira per month
Other incentives

To apply, visit: http://work.eoutsource.net/jobs/detail/dispatch-riders-sales-reps-9

If this is a joke, pls stop it how can HND and BSC apply for dispatch rider
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by EmmyDJourno: 8:54am On Feb 26, 2018
This is not an issue if he plays his cards well

Just speak like who is deserved of the new job and do an auditioning again for your boss to keep you

People jump ship, I mean the Boss own a company and is on the panel of recruitment for another company

Even the boss would know that loyalty and trust are all subject to rising bills and the need for an upgrade in lifestyle due to better pay

If he truly is a good staff, and conducts himself well, he could just have two companies struggling for his signature after the interview
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by aspirebig: 8:56am On Feb 26, 2018
Old news pulled up just to drive online traffic...

You can do better.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBM Group For Unadvertised Job Vacancies! / N-Power Announces Enrolment Process For Batch C / These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.