Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating (1021 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / Mitsubishi Outlander 2005 Toks Vs Nigeria Rav 4 2005 / Which Oil Can I Use To Service My Rav 4 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating by midnitestar(m): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2018
Hello all,

I need your advice on this issue. My RAV 4 engine keeps overheating especially when I accelerate.

I changed the engine Just recently alongside the radiator and the catalyst for the exhaust but it is still the same thing. Please experts in the house should assist with what could really be the issue here coz' this is the fourth time it is overheating.

I don't wanna have "kazeems" who will be treating symptoms instead of the real issue with the car.

A new mechanic I got said it had to do with the radiator cap but my fears remain that when I start speeding the car overheats and it has broken down twice at 3rd mainland bridge.

Please help guys
Re: My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating by autologic: 10:09am On Feb 26, 2018
midnitestar:
Hello all,

I need your advice on this issue. My RAV 4 engine keeps overheating especially when I accelerate.

I changed the engine Just recently alongside the radiator and the catalyst for the exhaust but it is still the same thing. Please experts in the house should assist with what could really be the issue here coz' this is the fourth time it is overheating.

I don't wanna have "kazeems" who will be treating symptoms instead of the real issue with the car.

A new mechanic I got said it had to do with the radiator cap but my fears remain that when I start speeding the car overheats and it has broken down twice at 3rd mainland bridge.

Please help guys
High speed induced overheating =Compression gas into cooling system.
Top gasket leak suspected .
Go for compression test and cooling system test to confirm compression integrity.
Re: My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating by thebigkendo(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2018
midnitestar:
Hello all,

Please help guys

Since you are in Lagos visit any of our Cartalk auto technicians closes to you, am sure they will get the root cause and not treat symptoms

GAZZUZZ 08033910382 No 3 Awe street, Off Alh Haruna Str Ifako-Ijaiye Or Just google "6.64270 3.33477 Longitude and latitude", straight to his workshop
Autologic aka Honmusa 08061166316 Charlie Boy Bus Stop ,Along Oshodi-Gbagada Expressway

Mayor2013 08165520837 or 08156087872 or 08099474068 12B Alhaji yekini olarewaju Igando Akesan road.

1 Like

Re: My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating by JamieConway88: 2:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Do you have any modifications done to your car, or is it stock? Is your fan coming on? If the car has bad smell, it may be a head gasket, or coolant burning. Check your coolant to see if there is oil in and you may have a compression test if needed.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Mercedes – Benz S 350 D And S 450 Launched In India / The World’s Most Expensive SUV (photos) / See The Cost Of Designing A Formula1 Race Car !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.