Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government (458 Views)

82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS / Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government / Poor Federal Allocations And Ayade's Magic In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government by asulyman1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Special Adviser to the Nigerian president on National Social Investment Programme (NSIP), Mrs Maryam Uwais, has revealed that over 80 million out of estimated Nigerian population of over 150 million are poor. However, only about 455,857 of the number of poor people have been captured in the National Social Register (NSP) being used by the Federal Government for its National Cash Transfer Program.

Even then, the monthly stipends of N5000.00 is being paid to only 297,973 out of 455,857 identified poor and vulnerable households captured in NSP. Uwais revealed this when briefing the media on the efforts of the President Buhari administration to fight poverty in the country.

She also explained that there is a system in place to ensure that only the right set of people benefit from the program. In this regard, she said the federal government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with states to ensure that the funds released get to the intended beneficiaries.

Re: Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government by luke55720: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
We know, solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government by asulyman1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
luke55720:
We know, solve the problem.
bro. u dey vex oo ........

1 Like

Re: Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government by luke55720: 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
asulyman1:
bro. u dey vex oo ........
My brother why I no go vex, when every time dem go dey tell us how we dey suffer but dem no go prefer solution. E just be like say dem they yab us.

1 Like

Re: Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government by asulyman1(m): 7:02am On Feb 27, 2018
luke55720:
My brother why I no go vex, when every time dem go dey tell us how we dey suffer but dem no go prefer solution. E just be like say dem they yab us.
it shall be well bro

(1) (Reply)

Why FG Rejected Transparency International Report / Buhari Says APC Has Stabilised Nigeria / Senate Kicks As Anthony Ojukwu Resumes As NHRC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.