Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? (9782 Views)

Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work / Is Sex With Sex Doll A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
I was having this chat with some friends about Sex in marriage. They were of the opinion that sex is completely Carnal. One said, the only Holy thing in Sex is because it was ordained and instituted by God. But, the act of it is Carnal.

I totally disagreed, saying everything about sex is Holy. A very deep ordinance that goes far beyond man. I said, sex is worship. When a man and his wife are engage in sex, God sees them just the way He sees them at the alter worshipping Him.

One asked me a question which threw me off. I tried to wriggle myself out of it, i couldn't

This is the question she asked, 'If Sex in marriage is not carnal (pls bare in mind that Carnality is anything done outside the dictates of God), Why did God command that a man should not have sex with his wife during Fasting and Prayer?

Have you, as a Christian ever wondered why the Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul said we should abstain from sex during fasting and prayer?

1 Corinthians:7:5
Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Pls contribute your thoughts.

Well, i asked the Holy Spirit and He gave me an answer, but let me hear from others first.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Aonkuuse(m): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
this is the problem of human beings, they always want to make issues out of nothing, why did God create a man with private parts and went ahead to install hormones in human beings. so why should sex be carnal in marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by sonofluc1fer: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
Aonkuuse:
this is the problem of human beings, they always want to make issues out of nothing, why did God create a man with private parts and went ahead to install hormones in human beings
True, private parts are meant to be shared.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by godisgood200: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:
I was having this chat with some friends about Sex in marriage. They were of the opinion that sex is completely Carnal. One said, the only Holy thing in Sex is because it was ordained and instituted by God. But, the act of it is Carnal.

I totally disagreed, saying everything about sex is Holy. A very deep ordinance that goes far beyond man. I said, sex is worship. When a man and his wife are engage in sex, God sees them just the way He sees them at the alter worshipping Him.

One asked me a question which threw me off. I tried to wriggle myself out of it, i couldn't

This is the question she asked, 'If Sex in marriage is not carnal (pls bare in mind that Carnality is anything done outside the dictates of God), Why did God command that a man should not have sex with his wife during Fasting and Prayer?

Have you, as a Christian ever wondered why the Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul said we should abstain from sex during fasting and prayer?

I guess not.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Aonkuuse:
this is the problem of human beings, they always want to make issues out of nothing, why did God create a man with private parts and went ahead to install hormones in human beings
You didn't attempt the question nah. Try again.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

True, private parts are meant to be shared.
And they are shared, but why not during Fasting Prayers?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
godisgood200:

I guess not.
What are you guessing?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Calling in MuttleyLaff, Ronpet777, Butterflylion/ Butterfly1on, Budaatum Ishilove my babe.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:
Calling in MuttleyLaff, Ronpet777, Butterflylion/ Butterfly1on, Budaatum Ishilove my babe.
Invite to:
Sarassin, bloodofthelamb, petra1, MizMyColi, connectikut89, Goshen360, nuclearboy, JMAN05, LoJ, Mujtahida, Jozzy4, shadeyinka, walls01, OkCornel
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Completely unrelated. The good Lord commanded, "Go forth and multiply" How do you comply with God's commandment if not by the act of marital conjugation? Christianity generally perceives fasting as a half-measure of penance and a half measure of supplication therefore consumation of the sexual act during fasting could be considered counter-intuitive to the aims of fasting. But one cannot then make that leap that ergo, abstention from the sexual act during fasting renders the act Carnal.

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Invite to:
Sarassin, bloodofthelamb, petra1, MizMyColi, connectikut89, Goshen360, nuclearboy, JMAN05, LoJ, Mujtahida, Jozzy4, shadeyinka, walls01
Nuclearboy is no longer in Nairaland.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sarassin:

Completely unrelated. The good Lord commanded, "Go forth and multiply" How do you comply with God's commandment if not by the act of marital conjugation? Christianity generally perceives fasting as a half-measure of penance and a half measure of supplication therefore consumation of the sexual act during fasting could be considered counter-intuitive to the aims of fasting. But one cannot then make that leap that ergo, abstention from the sexual act during fasting renders the act Carnal.

Mia Caro, Christians didn't come up with the idea of no sex during Fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit did.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:
I was having this chat with some friends about Sex in marriage.
They were of the opinion that sex is completely Carnal. One said, the only Holy thing in Sex is because it was ordained and instituted by God. But, the act of it is Carnal.

I totally disagreed, saying everything about sex is Holy.
A very deep ordinance that goes far beyond man.
I said, sex is worship. When a man and his wife are engage in sex, God sees them just the way He sees them at the alter worshipping Him.

This is the question she asked, 'If Sex in marriage is not carnal
pls bare in mind that Carnality is anything done outside the dictates of God),
Why did God command that a man should not have sex with his wife during Fasting and Prayer?

Please for the benefit of others especially invited guests,
reproduce here the passage with its chapter and verse
that states that a man should not have sex with his wife or vice versa

Emmanystone:
Well, i asked the Holy Spirit and He gave me an answer, but let me hear from others first.
My thoughts are, I know for myself, that after burrowing, I just want to instantly roll over and sleep
Thank God for prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin
So, if I am fasting and praying, it will be an unwise move for me to consider poking the nest

Sarassin:
Completely unrelated.
The good Lord commanded, "Go forth and multiply"
How do you comply with God's commandment if not by the act of marital conjugation?
Christianity generally perceives fasting as a half-measure of penance and a half measure of supplication therefore consumation of the sexual act during fasting could be considered counter-intuitive to the aims of fasting.
But one cannot then make that leap that ergo, abstention from the sexual act during fasting renders the act Carnal.
I disconcur that what you posted is completely unrelated
It is so pertinent to the subject title
If the good Lord commanded, "Go forth and multiply" then sex in marriage cant be carnal
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:
Nuclearboy is no longer in Nairaland.
He is. He is in stealth
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Mia Caro, Christians didn't come up with the idea of no sex during Fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit did.

Really, well Cara Mia what do I know?

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Mujtahida: 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
Aonkuuse:
this is the problem of human beings, they always want to make issues out of nothing, why did God create a man with private parts and went ahead to install hormones in human beings. so why should sex be carnal in marriage?
All religions try to regulate and control sex with deceptive words like 'holy', 'carnal', 'sinful' etc. Nature just goes on on its way and doesn't give a damn about the artificialities contained in religious books.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Sarassin:
Really, well Cara Mia what do I know?
Dont fret
She'll soon reproduce here the passage with its chapter and verse
that states that a man should not have sex with his wife or vice versa
(i.e. the incontrovertible proof about no sex during fasting and prayer)
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
Aonkuuse:
this is the problem of human beings, they always want to make issues out of nothing,
why did God create a man with private parts and went ahead to install hormones in human beings.
so why should sex be carnal in marriage?

Mujtahida:
All religions try to regulate and control sex with deceptive words like 'holy', 'carnal', 'sinful' etc.
Nature just goes on on its way and doesn't give a damn about the artificialities contained in religious books.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Mujtahida: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

The holy Spirit did not. Millenia before Christianity, it was known in various Buddhist and Hindu sects that men should abstain from sex during periods of spiritual exercises like fasting. In Yoga a man can experience orgasm without ejaculation. Abi Holy Spirit dey Buddhism?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

My thoughts are, I know for myself, that after burrowing, I just want to instantly roll over and sleep
Thank God for prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin
So, if I am fasting and praying, it will be an unwise move for me to consider poking the nest

Hmmm...@bolded I bet Mrs Mutters is none too pleased with that!

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:
The holy Spirit did not. Millenia before Christianity, it was known in various Buddhist and Hindu sects that men should abstain from sex during periods of spiritual exercises like fasting.
In Yoga a man can experience orgasm without ejaculation. Abi Holy Spirit dey Buddhism?
I have shared my thoughts and experience
Whats the objective reason behind why these Buddhist and Hindu sects advise that men should abstain from sex during periods of spiritual exercises like fasting?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Mujtahida: 9:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I have shared my thoughts and experience
Whats the objective reason behind why these Buddhist and Hindu sects advise that men should abstain from sex during periods of spiritual exercises like fasting?
The essence of the seed is ten times greater than the essence of the blood. There's sperm in every cell in a man's body. The sperm is called the life force. It is believed that keeping it in the body keeps a man spiritually sharp. It enhances spiritual sensitivity and alertness.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sarassin:
Hmmm...@bolded I bet Mrs Mutters is none too pleased with that!
Want is not the same as do
One doesnt leave HRH in positions not to be pleased about
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Was Paul under the influence of the holy spirit when he said exhorted that we should abstain from sex while fasting? The act of fasting is the denial of that which gives pleasure and sustenance to oneself. Self denial and sacrifice. Why in God's name is sex within marriage carnal?

US Christians just love chasing shadows where there are none

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Want is not the same as do
One doesnt leave HRH in positions not to be pleased about
My good sir, focus grin
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ishilove:
My good sir, focus grin
Didnt you see what my dear sire Sarassin was insinuating?
Just because I admitted, I want to immediately roll over and sleep, doesnt mean I do it.
Every bloke knows about this, or is it only me?
Imagine having a fasting and prayer and that happens
Paul must have known about the working of the hormones: prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin
and that's why he said, by mutual consent abstain from making love, if you want to devote more time, to fasting and praying
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:
The essence of the seed is ten times greater than the essence of the blood.
There's sperm in every cell in a man's body.
The sperm is called the life force.
Iis believed that keeping it in the body keeps a man spiritually sharp.
It enhances spiritual sensitivity and alertness.
[img]https://s1/images/muttDuckEyed.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

I wasn't invited but I'll drop my 2 cent.

sex in marriage is holy and covenantal, it is the God given means of sustaining and renewing the marriage covenant, it is both desired and commanded by God.

in another sense it is"profane" in the same sense that marriage is profane and eating is profane... they are all primarily engineered towards our physical life...they are earthly realities that will not follow us to heaven... it is only in this sense that married sex can be call profane or earthly.

a time for fasting is a time for making sacrifices, its stands to reason that even as a beneficial thing like food is put aside so also a beneficial thing like sex can be put aside. food isn't wrong or carnal...it is just sacrificed during fasting so too sex.

2ndly the apostles were Jews, the Jewish priest kept away from sex during their times of service, during fasting etc, the Christians took similar practices... if you read up the early Christians you'll see the minister avoid sex around the time of his service.... these were sacrifices people made to put themselves in a spiritual mood, food is not unclean in fact the Bible says the marriage bed is honorable, yet fasting or abstinences means giving up something good and right and beneficial in other to stave the body and energize the spirit.

there is nothing wrong with married sex or food,they are just earthly realities so people are encouraged to give them up for a time to pursue spiritual things.

if you don't understand this then I'll suggest you recheck and reexamine why you fast, does that mean food is wrong?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Didnt you see what my dear sire Sarassin was insinuating?
Just because I admitted, I want to immediately roll and sleep, doesnt mean I do it.
Every bloke knows about this, or is it only me?
It's just you ! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I wasn't invited but I'll drop my 2 cent.....

sex in marriage is holy and covenantal, it is the God given means of sustaining and renewing the marriage covenant, it is both desired and commanded by God.

To be fair, she did say the proposition was at the instigation of a friend.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
Is the Holy Spirit through apostle Paul giving out a command in that verse? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by budaatum: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

You said Paul came up with it actually. And if it is correct, that Paul did say so, it must be known that Paul got quite a lot of stuff from non-Christian sources and not just from the Holy Spirit. Though, I don't know if he wrote this or where he got it from.

Could you provide biblical references please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tell Me About The Freemasons / How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? / What If My Mother Is Really A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.