Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? (9794 Views)

Advice For Backsliding Christians. / The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels / Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2006
I used to live a wild life as a teenager. I used to drink go to clubs and do the normal teenage stuff not pleasing to God. After finishing school I gave my Life to Jesus Christ and served him for 3 years. There were temptations along the way, but I was truly committed and would never be caught off guard.

Last year a wonderful boy came along and we fell in love. He wanted to marry me, but my parents did not approve. I was blinded by love and eventually I fell into sexual sin. We are still together, but I have this sadness deep inside.

I regret turning my back on Christ. I cry everytime I think of the life I had before. I used to worship God and was the lead singer in church. I've dissapointed everyone, but most of all I dragged the name of Jesus Christ through the mud. How do I get back up again and what about my boyfriend?
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by babymine(f): 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2006
Fluffy, that's so touching. I'm glad you've come to the point of realization. The beautiful thing about God is that He's very merciful and always forgiving. He's a God of a second chance. N as believers when we fall, we can always rise again. You fell, but its not too late to rise up again. God's arms are still wide open for you. He still loves you and has been waiting for you. So all you have to do is take a step. Remember the story of the prodigal son? Read the book of Luke 15:11-32. Just kneel down right away and talk to your father. Recommit and rededicate your life to him again. I'll be praying for ya.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by chy(f): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2006
fluffy thank God for ur life hope u wont go
back again start to fellowship in God's house
more than u did and concerning your boyfriend pray over
it then talk to him about your decision to turn to God
if he agrees that it would be a non sex relationship fine but it
wont be easy then try to forget him and pray over it
if his your man God will change him and make himsee things with you
ll b praying 4 u
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Seun(m): 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2006
Here are the facts:
- You love your man, and your man loves you and wants to marry you.
- But you can't get married because the bible says "honor your parents (who don't accept him)"
- The bible does not have anything to encourage parents to be more tolerant.
- You can't even have sex because it's "fornication". Now you feel guilty over normal loving sex.

So what is making you unhappy? Christianity. Sorry to disturb your nice fellowship, but if I was in your boyfriend's shoes I will not be very happy at all. Other couples have real problems, you are agonizing over simple sex. I have a history with a certain girl, and when I call her all she wants to know is "Seun, do you go to church now?" angry
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2006
@ Seun
My problem is not simply about sex. My problem is having a boyfriend I'm having sex with and still wanting to serve the Lord.
I can't marry him, coz my folks don't want him, and I can't dump him and go back to being born again, coz he will cause me to fall into sin
again.

So it's no use to just confess and then after a while start doing the same thing again.
Do you get my point?
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Seun(m): 9:08am On Mar 14, 2006
Then marry him. According to some interpretations of the bible, your parents cannot dictate the person you will marry. So embrace those interpretations and go and marry him next week! Or is he unsuitable for marriage in any other way?
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by nikinash(f): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2006
fluffy i wouldn't mind seun at all since he thinks he doesn't believe in God.

i think what you need to do is realise that God still loves you no matter what you have done and all He wants is for you to realise that the fact that you have sinned does not make you any less his daughter. if you had a baby and the child did somehting wrong, would he/she stop being your child, no. please go to Him in the sincerity of your heart and confess your wrongdoing to Him, then painful as it may seem, you have to let the guy go because it will be extremely difficult if not impossible not ot continue living in sin with him, even if you do tell him about your convictions. believe me girl, you will get better. remember what the bible says ', all things shall be added to you."

one very importatnt thing we should always remember is that God loves us with an everlasting love. don't let the devil continue to rob you of the joy of the fellowship of your Father. once you go to God and bare your heart out to Him, the devil's hold willbe shattered and you will be free to serve Jesus as you desire once again. "the righteous man falleth seven times but the Lord delivers him form them all"
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by reniks(f): 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2006
God is mercifull and he's always willing to take us back.You have to stop condemning yourself because God doesnt condemn you.Its like the case of the one lost sheep he will leave 99 others to look for.With that in mind,renew your faith and salvation.Its going to be a fresh chapter in your life and pray for the grace to keep away from sin and to subdue temptation.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by reniks(f): 11:53pm On Mar 18, 2006
About your boyfriend,it's a sort of dilemma because you love each other and sure won't want to give that up.You would also want your parents consent which they don't want to give.I wonder what the reason is and if its justifiable.You need to pray for God's will to prevail.Talk to your boyfriend about your desire to renew your salvation and the need to avoid sin.In the end,if you are meant for each other it would work out
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 8:37am On Mar 22, 2006
Thnaks to all of u good people that gave me advice. I appreciate it.

Well the reason for my parents not wanting me to marry this man is because he is not of the same social
standard as we are. I realy don't mind, it's not like he is poor or anything but my volks have always wanted me to be
with someone they can brag about to their friends and family.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by TYPOP(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2006
Ever heard Donnie Mclurkin? u gotta get back up in love with Christ cos a saint is just a sinner who falls down and gets back up. I used this verse today in a post. "Pro 24:16  For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again. . . "  You see? Alright.
About marriage, if it's about the social status, try to make your parents realize we can't all have the same social status. You might get somebody they respect that will take sides with you.
God help your soul.

"Eph 6:4  And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath:
but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 10:28am On Apr 05, 2006
I wish it was as easy to get up as it is to fall down, I have so many issues still holding me down. I'll try my best in any case.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Tioluwa(f): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2006
Fluffy friend, i'm so happy that you've come to realise the state you are yourself and I tell you this is the first step to your restoration back to God.As such, you also have a part to play for your salvation to be complete and i believe this is the area that the devil might want to use to cheat on you. After you've asked God for forgiveness concerning your past sin during the period you backslided, you also need to forgive yourself because if, this is not done the devil can use it to hold you back.Dear, come to realise that feeling guilty even after God has forgiven you is the worst boundage that you can use to be held captive as such forgive yourself because you are still in the flesh and it just a temptation you fell into and thank God you realised it early and please always ask for God's grace to see you through each day of your life as you are being restored back.
secondly, concerning your boyfriend you've got to tell him that you've been restored and all the relationship you had with him then was a mistake as such, you have to cut off the relationship with him and also preach to him before living and finally stay close to God and make new friends that will help develop your faith. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley'cos JESUS STILL LOVES YOU .
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2006
cry cry cry kiss kiss kiss@ fluffy
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2006
Just an update on the lastest happenings in my miserable life.

I went back to church, confessed and now I am officialy born-again again.
I got rid of my boyfriend and I actually feel a bit sad, but I will survive.
So please do pray for me as I struggle to rebuild the broken pieces of
my miserable life.

I feel a bit sad and empty inside as if I lost something, but I guess that's
just the enemy trying to make me feel guilty about confessing.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2006
Fluffy:

Just an update on the lastest happenings in my miserable life.

I went back to church, confessed and now I am officialy born-again again.
I got rid of my boyfriend and I actually feel a bit sad, but I will survive.
So please do pray for me as I struggle to rebuild the broken pieces of
my miserable life.

I feel a bit sad and empty inside as if I lost something, but I guess that's
just the enemy trying to make me feel guilty about confessing.

cry cry
my dear, i've been in that shoe before and i know how that hurts. but the truth is u can't eat ur cake and have it. It's either you choose God over your relationship or the other way round. Each way it is going to hurt but which would u rather, lose your boy and feel some pain for a while or lose God and feel eternal damnation?
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by mikun(f): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2006
Seun:

Here are the facts:
- You love your man, and your man loves you and wants to marry you.
- But you can't get married because the bible says "honor your parents (who don't accept him)"
- The bible does not have anything to encourage parents to be more tolerant.
- You can't even have sex because it's "fornication". Now you feel guilty over normal loving sex.

Your 3rd fact is not a fact
Colossians 3:21 Fathers, don't provoke your children, so that they won't be discouraged.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2006
Oh I am so happy now, I got just what I needed DELIVERENCE
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by nightrider: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2006
fluffy

i'm in the same situation, i used to be a strong christian but somehow along the way i just started acting dumb and care free. the problem is i know the consequences, but i'm still so stupid. I miss fellowship with God, serving him and teaching about him. I have seen him do great things for me that i never expected and people never expected , but i still get so weak at times. However he still answers my prayers and shows me in various ways that he is by myside. i know i'll be back on track soon.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by Fluffy(f): 10:27am On Apr 19, 2006
@Nightrider

You know you don't have to stay in that situation and there is a way out. smiley
I went through an amazing deliverence last night and I could feel all the evil 7
spirits that have gathered inside me get out. It was so unbelievable coz these
are things they never do at my church. I asked God in the middle of all this how
he could allow such evil things to live inside me and the simple reply was YOU ALLOWED IT.

We are the once opening the door for the enemy to come in, but God is so faithfull he will help
us close these doors if we ask Him to.

May God give you the strength to get up and follow Him once again.
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by TYPOP(m): 2:40pm On May 06, 2006
@ fluffy,

Great to see you are on top again. God will help you to stand. I'll be praying for you. That was a nice and bold decision you took. It's also great to hear you went for deliverance. Keep serving the Lord. We will make it.

@ nightrider,

Yours is also a pathetic situation but since fluffy could make it out, you also can. It's just a pit you have to bring yourself out from. You know these stuffs are bad so all you need to do is decide you ain't going back into some stupid stuff and ask God to help you. Since He still answers your prayers, it means He still loves you so why not avail yourself of this opportunity.
Shalom!
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by temmyabby(f): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2007
pray to God, no 2 ways
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by thesilent1(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2007
you talk like you are out of the race?!?!?! decide what you want to do (either marry or postpone), dust yourself off and keep miving. do not vegetate in your issue or what has already happened.

you can either get up and keep going (positive and objective) or you can be depressed about it, feel bad (condemned and NOT of god)
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by stimulus(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2007
Fluffy:

Oh I am so happy now, I got just what I needed DELIVERENCE

Great to read that you started out seeking help; and then you did find help. That's one of the things that fellowship does - brings you close to the heart of others; and with prayers and support, we find strength to go on.

The one thing I appreciate, though, was the fact you were willing to be honest and forthright about your problems. Reading yours has blessed me; and my prayers that you grow even stronger.

God bless. smiley
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by virgin20(f): 4:18am On Jun 18, 2007
hmm
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by worshipper: 4:32am On Jun 18, 2007
fluffy, fluffy, fluffy how many times did I call your name . 3 times. yes I tell u I can feel your tears believe me. but I want to tell u there is hope as soon as u make up your mind to choose between living a peaceless life , guilty consience and God. see I am going to be straight with u. u would never ever feel peace of mind again as long as u continue in fornication. I have been there , In my case , I was suicidal. and then I took time off for self examination. I fasted , I crieeeeeeeed to God. I begged him for mercy. for the spirit is willing the flesh is weak. I know u are truly born again  just reading your post. infact my spirit is totally in agreement with urs . infact I  can prophesy to u right now that God is ready to restore u if you just surrender all to him. just open up to god . tell him how weak u are. leave the relationship. it sounds easy to say but with fasting and prayer i guarantee u u will overcome. its a guarantee. Honey this is God speaking to you here. If you would let go, i promise u that God is going to bring someone into your life who would help u in your work with God instead of pulling u  back. Sweetie eye has not seen, ear hasn't heard what God has in store for us. I leave  u with this verse of scripture " what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul". honey your relationship is a stumbling block . only people like me who have tasted the glory of God can advise u on this issue.  I repeat no unbeliever can understand what u are passing through. I can tell u honestly that I am in tears when I read your post. u know God reveals to redeem. the earlier u take a stand for God the better. u don't want to get to the level whereby the Holyspirit is sooooooo grieved u don't feel convicted anymore. then u become the "suit christians". those who are in the choir but have a secret life elsewhere . If u still want to be that genuine xtain then , u better leave. to be honest with u I feel the spirit telling me to tell u to hurry , run because God gat a plan for you. yes I feel the sprit telling me to tell u to reach out and taste of the pleasures of heaven , there  is an urgency here.God's spirit cannot keep striving with u.yes i hear the spirit saying the day u make up your mind 4 God  , u are going to expereince a great revival in your  ministry.u wouold sing and things would begin to happen. u are going to experience a new flow of grace. a double portion annoiting. things are going to turn around swiftly for you. u have battled with many things but God is saying u have overcome . he is saying "honey my grace is sufficient for you". God says u are going to partake in this end time harvest he is about to do i n  your country. God said that the time to do his work is very close so the devil arose . just struck to distract u. but u have overcome. honey stretch your hands to the screen because u are going to feel a powerful annoiting from the screen and a new grace to move forward. peace to you. I shall pray for you this night.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by rowlandwhy: 11:43am On Jul 26, 2007
Seun,
You are going off and on like NEPA abi Nairaland website.
Once you said she should respect her parents since they havent given their consent to the marriage
the other one you said the bible says that her parents dont have any say in her marriage, which one will she follow
NA WAO
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by rowlandwhy: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2007
Fluffy:

I went through an amazing deliverence last night and I could feel all the evil 7
spirits that have gathered inside me get out. It was so unbelievable because these
are things they never do at my church. I

Which church do u attend that does not have a deliverance session?

I would like to know more please.

I also pray that God should keep you stedfast in the faith.

IN JESUS NAME
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by clemcykul(f): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2007
Fluffy i want you to realize that delay about repentance is dangerous to our mortal bodies. Our lifes are not in our hands but in Gods we can die any moment any second, any hour, any day, and what will be our reward after years of living and walking in faith to die with a sin of fornication, malice, hypocrisy, lie, deciet, greed and doubt. dont let the devil decieve you by telling you that u can repent the next day or that ur sin is too great and there is no hope for forgiveness from God. when such demonic thought comes rebuke them and pray, remember JESUS OUR SAVIOUR died for the whole wide world! that is he died for sins of over billions and billions of people. but its only those that aknowlege him as the lord of their lives and bliv in him as the way, the truth and the light and no one can come to God the farther except through him can obtain forgiveness this is because it is only the blood of Jesus that God recognises to wash away sin. whenever you sin u know deep within that u have sinned, the acknoeledgement of that sin is the direction of the spirit towards repentance, since ur born again the path to seeking forgiveness is made easier.the journey of ur kneel to the ground is not much cry unto God from a sincere heart, confess ur sin to God, and bliv ure forgiven.but for the unbliver its evn easier just go to a near by church get baptised and be born again. then start growing as a new babe in christ as u see ur life moving from one eternal glory to another thats only when the unequaled peace that comes from bliving in christ will reign in ur life. GET GOING IN UR CHRISTAIN LIFE! DONT LOOK BACK ON UR SIN, DEATH CAN COME ANYTIME. may we remain faithful to the eend Amen
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by clemcykul(f): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2007
fluffy remember that ur parents social status will not give u peace, tell ur bf what u know abt ur sin urge him to repent. there are better ways to xpress ur love than thru sex. what if u get prgnant, and som how along the way somtin happens to ur dear bf. so wat happens 2 u and ur baby. sin is sweet but the end thereoff is sweeter than bile!! base ur affair in God,and ur love for him that way since ur conscience is free from all guilt then u can boldly ask God to effect a change in the attitude of ur parnts twrd ur bf and with the blsd assurance of christ if its Gods will for u to be man and wife. no demon from the gate of hell can obstruct that in jesus name Amen. whaatt fluffy u dint say amen to thatttt shocked grin grin
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by SirJohn(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2007
Someone once said to me that "theres a depth in man which only God can fill" your experience explains it. I've been down that road before and felt exactly the same way you feel. I lingered in self pity until the Truth dawned on me.
Whatever you do in in journey, always remember this:
- you are a child of God and forever will be
- Run; if u cant run jog; if you cant jog, walk; if you cant walk, crawl, whatever happens, just keep moving
Re: How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? by edisha(m): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2007
Try and attend this Program
see detail below

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World / I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba / Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.