Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu (1866 Views)

Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo) / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu And Wife Blasted By Trolls [PICS] / Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Afanna1: 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
[b]Igbo cause of Ogbulafor’s problem -Iwuanyanwu
National News Apr 26, 2010  By Henry Umoru

ABUJA—A member of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, yesterday accused the Igbo of being the architect of the moves to remove the National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, just as he described them as selfish.

“What happened is the ambition of some individuals, who have a wrong perception that if Ogbulafor is there, they may not get nomination.

“They are not fighting because they love PDP, they are not fighting because there is no reform. People talk about reform, the constitution of the PDP has made adequate provision on what people should do to carry out reform,” he said.

According to him, Igbo leaders will resist any attempt to actualize the plot against the backdrop that the people from the South East zone of the country will be perceived as not capable of discharging any responsibility they are saddled with, when judged from what happened when the zone produced the Senate President in the last dispensation, when it moved round the states of the region.[/b]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/26/igbo-cause-of-ogbulafors-problem-iwuanyanwu/
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by hardywaltz(m): 12:49am On Apr 27, 2010
Could Iwuayanwu shut his mouth up, any way one empty head trying to save another empty head.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by AloyEmeka5: 2:17am On Apr 27, 2010
Igbos and Yorubas:

The return of Jona as Afanna grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by sjeezy8: 2:23am On Apr 27, 2010
why does everything have to be igbo this and that with igbo people? - that is all Nigeria hears about coming from the EAST.
thats annoying these people have to learn how to seperate tribe from politics . . . . . It has nothing to do with igbo or igbo vs. igbo- obgulafor is standing in the way of Jonathan becoming president just leave it at that.

Dimeji bankole is in danger of being impeached - do you hear about yorubas making it a yoruba issue? NO
When Ribadu and el rufai where chased out of the country did you hear about hausas making it an hausa issue? NO

its just politics leave all the tribe stuff out.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

why does everything have to be igbo this and that with igbo people? - that is all Nigeria hears about coming from the EAST.
thats annoying these people have to learn how to seperate tribe from politics . . . . . It has nothing to do with igbo or igbo vs. igbo- obgulafor is standing in the way of Jonathan becoming president just leave it at that.

Dimeji bankole is in danger of being impeached - do you hear about yorubas making it a yoruba issue? NO
When Ribadu and el rufai where chased out of the country did you hear about hausas making it an hausa issue? NO

its just politics leave all the tribe stuff out.

Did you hear Dimeji Bankole talking about the dearth of Yoruba Nation in leadership position recently?

This is what Nigerian politicians say all the time. I believe I can also find loads of examples from the North if I want to.

I guess my question now is, why do you only take notice when it is about the igbos?
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 27, 2010
@Topic

Ogbulafor brought his woes to himself, his talk about who will produce the President in 2011 was a little bit rushed. He should have allowed the NWC to decide at the right time. As the PDP chairman he is not supposed to be intra-partisan.

He should have waited for a concensus decision by the party.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by AloyEmeka5: 3:01am On Apr 27, 2010
Jonathan is building is defense against 2011. I tell you, he will run even if it means running on a new party platform. Its not as if the lawmakers can block him legally and with the power of incumbency, he may be unstoppable.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by sjeezy8: 3:06am On Apr 27, 2010
mikeansy:

Did you hear Dimeji Bankole talking about the dearth of Yoruba Nation in leadership position recently?

This is what Nigerian politicians say all the time. I believe I can also find loads of examples from the North if I want to.

I guess my question now is, why do you only take notice when it is about the igbos?

Your example of using Dimeji is incorrect because unlike iwuanyanwu he(Bankole) doesnt use the excuse of yorubas undercutting eachother just for yorubas to be in the political scene. When dimeji said there is no leadership in yoruba nation -he was correct but at the same time he knows thats if there was such a bond among yorubas there would be no Nigeria  only an oduduwa nation and a yoruba agenda. Same with the north there is the NU and the ACF.

What we see alot from the iwuanyanwu like figures from the east is like desperation, what iwuanyanwu said is as if " igbos in pdp should fall in line"  just to stay in the poltical scence.
That is why anytime something happens against an igbo in Nigerias political scene they automatically see it as anti igbo or to cause disunion among SE'rs.  When it comes to poltics its just best for iwuanyanwu to be pro-ogbulafor instead of covering it with "

Igbo leaders will resist any attempt to actualize the plot against the backdrop that the people from the South East zone of the country

you rarely hear a politician esp from the west saying WE yorubas or WE westerners- everyone has their own political ambition.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by bkbabe99: 3:14am On Apr 27, 2010
So finally an Ibo leader sees the treachery in his own people?!!! lol. The Ibo chickens have come home to roost!!!
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by EzeUche(m): 4:14am On Apr 27, 2010
bk/babe99:

So finally an Ibo leader sees the treachery in his own people?!!! lol. The Ibo chickens have come home to roost!!!

Rie nshi Yoruba! If you want to know what it means, it means eat crap. You hear me you Foolish Yoruba, I am getting tired of your wicked and treacherous people bashing the Igbos.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

Your example of using Dimeji is incorrect because unlike iwuanyanwu he(Bankole) doesnt use the excuse of yorubas undercutting eachother just for yorubas to be in the political scene. When dimeji said there is no leadership in yoruba nation -he was correct but at the same time he knows thats if there was such a bond among yorubas there would be no Nigeria only an oduduwa nation and a yoruba agenda. Same with the north there is the NU and the ACF.

What we see alot from the iwuanyanwu like figures from the east is like desperation, what iwuanyanwu said is as if " igbos in pdp should fall in line" just to stay in the poltical scence.
That is why anytime something happens against an igbo in Nigerias political scene they automatically see it as anti igbo or to cause disunion among SE'rs. When it comes to poltics its just best for iwuanyanwu to be pro-ogbulafor instead of covering it with "

you rarely hear a politician esp from the west saying WE yorubas or WE westerners- everyone has their own political ambition.

OK the Igbos are very divided while the Yorubas or Midle Beltas where you come from are very united.

You can go and kill a cow over it in celebration.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by bkbabe99: 5:17am On Apr 27, 2010
EzeUche:

Rie nshi Yoruba! If you want to know what it means, it means eat crap. You hear me you Foolish Yoruba, I am getting tired of your wicked and treacherous people bashing the Igbos.

Why would u say it in Ibo then translate it in english? that dont even make no sense. u coulda just said it in English all along. wow, yall Ibo men got weird ways of doing things. freakn kidnappers!!!!
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by kettykings: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2010
Why do these people seem to hate igbos of all tribes in nigeria , and yet they love marrying igbo gals (fake hatred) is it because igbos have beaten them on all fronts academically and business. Or is that igbos are taking over their land lagos, or could it be that despite everything they did to finish igbos( the 20 poungs issue or using food as a weapon) igbos still bounced back. I do not understand we nigerians and yorubas , if u dont like this people then let them go thier way and form thier biafra otherwise we will keep complaining and cursing them while they take over everything from us.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by kettykings: 5:40am On Apr 27, 2010
Igbos need to be extremely very careful , this time around , u will not only loose ur landed property and had earned investments , nigerians ,might do everything humanly possible to extinguish the igbo race , it happened to the jews but for God , it could happen to you ,
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by basktmout: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2010
@ Bkbabe
U ar nothing.but a dimwit whose only contribution to nairaland are igbo hating.Wether you like it or not the igbo will continue to prosper.incase you hav'nt found out,even Goodluck Johnathan(GJ) is Igbo.so go chew on a horses dick.Loud mouth slowpoke.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Onlytruth(m): 6:20am On Apr 27, 2010
kettykings:

Igbos need to be extremely very careful , this time around , u will not only loose your landed property and had earned investments , nigerians ,might do everything humanly possible to extinguish the igbo race , it happened to the jews but for God , it could happen to you ,

No my friend, you should not worry about us. This time, the war will be in your lands, not in Igboland. We stopped running in 1991 in Kano and have not looked back ever since. So, worry about the war in your land. The Igbo will NOT cede an inch of property to anyone anymore. Do you notice that the Jews are not running anymore and are prepared to destroy the whole world to survive? Igbo would rather destroy Nigeria rather than being wiped out. We didn't identify the enemy before. We've had 40 years to identify the enemy. So fear for yourself instead. cool
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Eziachi: 6:34am On Apr 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

Your example of using Dimeji is incorrect because unlike iwuanyanwu he(Bankole) doesnt use the excuse of yorubas undercutting eachother just for yorubas to be in the political scene. When dimeji said there is no leadership in yoruba nation -he was correct but at the same time he knows thats if there was such a bond among yorubas there would be no Nigeria  only an oduduwa nation and a yoruba agenda. Same with the north there is the NU and the ACF.

What we see alot from the iwuanyanwu like figures from the east is like desperation, what iwuanyanwu said is as if " igbos in pdp should fall in line"  just to stay in the poltical scence.
That is why anytime something happens against an igbo in Nigerias political scene they automatically see it as anti igbo or to cause disunion among SE'rs.  When it comes to poltics its just best for iwuanyanwu to be pro-ogbulafor instead of covering it with "

As always, your selective memory on display. So you never or had never heard about “We in the West”? Isn’t that exactly what June 12 eventually turned to, apart from noble men like Ebitu Ukiwe and Ndubuisi Kanu that risked their lives to stick around?

Or you have forgotten that "We the West" sentiment was the reason AD as a party decided not to field a candidate in 2003 because they thought that will not help their SON OBJ to win even though they hated his guts, only for him to turn round and rigged all of them out of offiice.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by chidichris(m): 7:33am On Apr 27, 2010
iwuanyawu and ogbulafor are birds of a feather.
the prince is of no relevance to the igbo race so whatsoever happens to him will not be our problem.
he is out to die for his master and now he will know that the devil does not give anything free of charge.
if possible, let them send him to life imprisonment.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by basktmout: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2010
Bkbabe has replaced becomerich as the chief igbo hater on nland. unlike becomrich who sounds ridiculous and delirious bkbabe just sounds plainly psychopatic and hitlerish. But let them continue to envy.igbos will continue to grow stronger.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by yemmight(m): 8:32am On Apr 27, 2010
chidichris:

the prince is of no relevance to the igbo race so whatsoever happens to him will not be our problem.
he is out to die for his master and now he will know that the devil does not give anything free of charge.

Now prince is of no relevance to Igbo race because he has been indicted. So who is relevant? Even Iwuanyanwu?
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Onlytruth(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2010
chidichris:

Bros I would not be so glib.

I know some of my brothers here misunderstand me on this, but I will try to clarify once more. I start by saying that the Igbo is arguably the most politically naive in Nigeria. For once I would have to agree with Iwuanyanwu. If you doubt me, read this quote from a poster in another forum:

"As someone once said: all of dem na thiefman & army robbers, But what about OBJ, Atiku, Dariye, prof Adenike Grange, Iyabo, Saminu, Yerima, OGD, Igbinedion, Ladoja, Alams & the other execuTHIEVES? Even Jonathan, directly & by proxy, is in it. Patience Jonathan should be arrested as well. There is also the small issue wt Iwu, Anenih, the stupendously wealthy"

Posted by: Abayomi , on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I don't know whether this naivety has to do with Igbo republicanism or not. All I know is that whether we like it or not, the plot against Ogbulafor by Obasanjo is actually a bigger plot. To help you understand more please answer the following questions honestly and the truth will stare you in the face at the end:

(1) Was Ogbulafor the best candidate for PDP chairmanship zoned (by Obasanjo) to the South East; was he the most decent fellow to man that chair from Igboland?

(2) Wasn't there the same allegation against him even BEFORE he ran for the chairmanship of the PDP; how did he still emerge chairman of PDP, how did that skip Obasanjo and his crew of kingmakers?

(3) If Ogbulafor had not come out to say that the presidency will stay in the north next year, would he be under trial today?

(4) If Ogbulafor is removed, how do we know that the next Igboman to replace him will not be replaced again?

(5) How many Nigerians can still recall the names of past senate presidents? But they can still recall that the post kept changing hands, right  

Believe me, as much as it hurts, I have to defend Ogbulafor because his "position" is not his alone. I don't have to personally benefit from his perks of office. I lose something bigger if I fail to see and understand the bigger game.
A day will come when those who impose the likes of Ogbulafor (the real thieves) will exit the scene and we can choose our leaders like we did in Anambra state governorship elections. Until then, I remain apprehensive and unconvinced about this fake fight against corruption.

This game is FAR BIGGER than Ogbulafor. Mark my word on that!
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by EzeUche(m): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
Whoever threatened the Igbo Race, mark my words, if anyone targets my people again, that will be the end of Nigeria. You cannot ethnic cleanse a people of 20 million +.

If any group attacks an Igbo no matter the location, there will be equal retribution. No more running. We will stand our ground to the last man.

For every Igbo that is killed, we will kill 10 of the people from that group. Forget this turn the other cheek. We Igbos understand how hated we are throughout Naija. angry
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by EzeUche(m): 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2010
Bkbabe wouldn't dare utter these words in front of an Igbo man. angry

The internet gives him anonymity which he takes for granted!!!
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Katsumoto: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Igbos and Yorubas:

The return of Jona as Afanna grin grin grin

There was no need to turn this into a tribal issue. Can't people just debate issues without introducing tribal hate into it?
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by bkbabe99: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2010
EzeUche:

Bkbabe wouldn't dare utter these words in front of an Igbo man. angry

The internet gives him anonymity which he takes for granted!!!

Nigga, I will give u my address in a heart beat just to binch slap Biafra out ur freakn brain. U stupid??! Who the fucnk u think u talking to talking bout "he aint gone say this in front of a Ibo man"?!!? Negro, the last cab I took was driven by a Ibo man and I aint pay!!! Guess what I told him to do when he had his hand out for the fare : "GO ASK OJUKWU, BINCH!!!!".

basktmout:

@ Bkbabe
U ar nothing.but a dimwit whose only contribution to nairaland are igbo hating.Wether you like it or not the igbo will continue to prosper.incase you hav'nt found out,even Goodluck Johnathan(GJ) is Igbo.so go chew on a horses manliness.Loud mouth slowpoke.

Typical Ibo, claiming what aint theirs. Now the President is Ibo? lol. I thot he was from the NIGER-DELTA, and the last time I heard, they dont like yall either. IBOS WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA. hahahahahahahahaha.lol. hehehehehehehe
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Katsumoto: 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2010
bk/babe99:

Nigga, I will give u my address in a heart beat just to binch slap Biafra out your freakn brain. U silly??! Who the fucnk u think u talking to talking bout "he aint gone say this in front of a Ibo man"?!!? Negro, the last cab I took was driven by a Ibo man and I aint pay!!! Guess what I told him to do when he had his hand out for the fare : "GO ASK OJUKWU, BINCH!!!!".

Typical Ibo, claiming what aint theirs. Now the President is Ibo? lol. I thot he was from the NIGER-DELTA, and the last time I heard, they dont like yall either. IBOS WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA. hahahahahahahahaha.lol. hehehehehehehe

I have seen many comments and posts from you directed at Igbo that were caustic and incendiary. I have often wondered why; if its not too much to ask, can you not only state why you hate so much but also why you don't mind using such inflammatory language in public?

I have to say that some intelligent points that you make are sometimes hidden in all that hatred.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by mekusxxx: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2010
How can Igbo be Ogbulafor's problem? Did Igbo ask him to steal money? Igbos are not Yoruba and Urhobo that protect their thieves. Ogbulafor is accused of stealing money and until proven innocent, he should cease to represent Ndigbo. If that is why we are his problem, then it is all well and good. Iwuanyanwu is a conniving rogue that should be sold into slavery, warts and all.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Eziachi: 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2010
yemmight:

Now prince is of no relevance to Igbo race because he has been indicted.  So who is relevant? Even Iwuanyanwu?

Yes Ogbulafor or Iwuanyanwu has always been irrelevant to us irrespective of their current problems. There is no pleasing people like you. We cannot win even if we are standing on our heads. We support a bad person among us, you will cry blue murder, if we do the opposite, you will still shout or even say we are divided because we took such a stand.

That has always been the story of Ndigbo in Nigeria. we wanted a separate nation, so that you can enjoy your paradise in peace, you responded with guns and bombs, we stayed with you its also a problem. You can't live with us and also you can't seems to live without us.

If we stayed back in our places, you will go mental that we do not mix, and we come to your place to live with you and invest our money, build houses, wear your clothes, eat your food and even speak your language, also not good enough and you can't wait to a slightest disturbance, so that you can loot our hard earned material possessions and some time our lives.

Why do we bother, some of you guys obsession with anything Igbo written into it is becoming embarrassing.
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by Eziachi: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2010
bk/babe99:

Nigga, I will give u my address in a heart beat just to binch slap Biafra out your freakn brain. U silly??! Who the fucnk u think u talking to talking bout "he aint gone say this in front of a Ibo man"?!!? Negro, the last cab I took was driven by a Ibo man and I aint pay!!! Guess what I told him to do when he had his hand out for the fare : "GO ASK OJUKWU, BINCH!!!!".

You must be the silliest person ever to grace Nairaland.
grin So you rode a cab or taxi and ran away without paying, after thretening the poor driver with violence and you came here to boast about it and proud of yourself?

And you said that your cab driver is an Igbo that is why you did not pay for a service rendered to you? Well my friend, even if the driver is from Yemen, you are still a rogue and a theif and you are not better than the politicians you seems to enjoyed judging all the time here.

Can one imagne a person of your type ever in position of authority, When you can't even pay a poor taxi driver his due fare?
This is one of the unfortunate side of cyberspace, because how easily an "Iddo motor park Agboro" can enjoy word with decend people.
And you know what the unfortunate thing is? There are people like you in and around Nigerian ruling corridors as we speak and they make law and shape life of millions of innocent/decent people.
Funny enough, that blood transfusion you had last time is an Igbo blood!! What are you going to do about it now? grin
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by doyin13(m): 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2010
lol. . . . Is there any Igbo man on nairaland with a sense of humour? grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by bkbabe99: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^^^ I know right? lol. always catching heart attacks ova the littlest ish^^^^lol
Re: Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu by yarodin: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2010
bk/babe99:

^^^^ I know right? lol. always catching heart attacks ova the littlest ish^^^^lol

I see you have ignored the fatherly advice that I gave you and continue to eat shit like your fore fathers. I guess old habit never die, wentin man go do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘senator Al- Bishir Wanted To Kill Me Over Al Mustapha’s Wealth’ ! / Monstrous Powers Of The Sgf / Why Nigerians Hate The IGBOS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.