Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business (13856 Views)

16 Reasons Why Many Businesses Fail And How To Avoid Them / 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by squarelead(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
Holamscoh:

Shithole it is enjoy your Shithole.

Lolz, pepper dem gang spotted. And what innovative idea have you added to this generation this year
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
squarelead:

Lolz, pepper dem gang spotted. And what innovative idea have you added to this generation this year

You can't relate with my Invention because u're from and reside in fourth world nation.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by squarelead(m): 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
Holamscoh:

You can't relate with my Invention because u're from and reside in fourth world nation.

And I hope you know empty barrel make the loudest noise.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by oneolajire(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
go4success:
Here is the best post on Nairaland so far. Thanks

Thanks, God bless you richly

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by oneolajire(m): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
Pussyisfood:

You are a slave to your ego and your IQ is lower than your sole. If I wanted to kill myself, I will climb on your ego and jump to your IQ.

Guy, why so annoyed? Telling you that your "food" is what you know is now a crime! Na wa for you self
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by kelvinjeremiah(m): 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
Coitus:
Entrepreneurship is good but Nigeria is not business friendly. I've witnessed a lot of people around me suffering because their business has crumpled, forget all this nonsense motivational speakers talk/write about entrepreneurship, in an actual practical sense using Nigeria as a case study, its very very hard. Learning a skill and leaving the shit hole of a country has become my only goal.
You really don't need products alone. You could offer services. Learn a skill... it's much more better. Laundry services, barbing, interior and outdoor decoration, hairstyling, learn graphic designs, P.O.P and tiling, painting e.t.c
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by kelvinjeremiah(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
koksybrown:
OP God will bless you for this post. You made my day
Thanks. God bless u also

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by kelvinjeremiah(m): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
AZeD1:
Lots of words in this post but very little substance.

The author gets an E for effort.

Enlighten me pleeeaaseee
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by kelvinjeremiah(m): 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Entrepreneurship is not easy anywhere. They are challenges in every country. An entrepreneur in Nigeria might face political instability and lack of power as his challenges another in the USA might face insane taxes and government regulations as his own challenges another in Mexico might face corruption and insane cre rates as his own Challenge.
That's the fact. There'll always be challenges.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by kelvinjeremiah(m): 12:02am On Mar 01, 2018
toluleke:
If na Bbn the thread for don full
Lol! Na BBN dey trend now na
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by AZeD1(m): 2:45am On Mar 01, 2018
kelvinjeremiah:

Enlighten me pleeeaaseee

kelvinjeremiah:

1. Value Creation And Problem Solving: There are lot of persons out there looking for solution to certain problems. If you're capable of providing answers to those problems, why not create something that does it? If your idea and innovations can help others solve problems, start something... create something unique and value-driven.
Teachers, Security folks(Police, FRSC), Medical personnel are problem solvers and they create far move value than 99% of entrepreneurs out there. Anyone who wants to create value and solve problems should go into public service.

kelvinjeremiah:

2. Contribution To Community, Society And National Development: It'll make you an important person in the society. It's an avenue to help the less and non privileged to achieve greater things through scholarships, provision of social amenities to communities and through charity organisations. This is what the likes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffet does.

You really think the only way to contribute to the community is buy being an entrepreneur? Seriously? Do you have an idea of the organisation called Red Cross?

kelvinjeremiah:

3. Personal Ownership Of Business Concern Empowers You To Do More In Life: Truth is - the more success you get, the greater your cravings for more success. Being successful is a motivation to be more successful. Seeing the daily activities of your own successful business give you an opportunity for more successful businesses.
Did you seriously write this? Where is the data? You also need to define success because success to a teacher is different from success to a barber which is different from success to an athlete. Also, you don't need to be an entrepreneur to be successful.
kelvinjeremiah:

4. Instability In The Labour Market And Job Insecurity: With the high rise of unemployment rate in most countries, you wouldn't want to be in the labour market seeking for employment. And working as an employee does not necessarily guarantee you job security. Being an entrepreneur is a guarantee for job stability 'cause you're boss.
You want to check the statistics of failed businesses?

kelvinjeremiah:

5. Meeting The Challenges Of Family And Personal Responsibility: "Success on any major scale requires you to accept responsibility... in the final analysis, the one quality that all successful people possess is the ability to take on responsibility" - Michael Korda.

Being an entrepreneur gives you the opportunity to be responsible and meet the challenges of family, whether financial responsibility or otherwise.
Lets see how the statement in bold sounds when we rewrite it in different words?

"You can't get the opportunity to be responsible and meet the challenges of family, financial or otherwise if you are not an entrepreneur.

kelvinjeremiah:

6. Securing Your Financial Future: Any value-driven and profit-oriented entreprise is a legacy. There'll be no chance of being broke (penniless). It'll give you this financial confidence.
This is another lie the likes of you entrepreneurial preachers peddle around. Check the statistics of failed business and reconcile it with this post. Just as some entrepreneurs make money is the same way some employees make money.
Steve Ballmer was an employee of Microsoft and he's a fucking billionaire.
Marisa Mayer made $260 million from Yahoo, the 100th engineer at Facebook made $10 million when Facebook went public.
Sola David-Borha was making N117 annually from Stanbic IBTC.

This list goes on, lots of employees are cashing out without the added "stress" of managing a business.

kelvinjeremiah:

7. Job Creation: There ain't much jobs in the labour market. An entrepreneur solves this problem. He creates job for job seekers. He has this mentality, "Why be an employee when you can be the employer?" It's a very important reason why you should be an entrepreneur.
Business are set up to make profit, not create jobs.

kelvinjeremiah:

8. Set Your Own Deadlines: Are you tired of being bossed around or inconvenienced ‘cause of deadlines? Become an entrepreneur. Your business, your deadlines - you're the boss.
Another lie from you entrepreneurial preaches. Even small businesses like hair saloons and pure water delivery will close down if the work with this mindset. I personally know a barber who lost customers because of this "I am my own boss I'll work when I like" mindset. My parents started a business when they retired and I can tell you they both had more time for themselves when they were employed than now.
kelvinjeremiah:

9. Pursue Your Passion: Entrepreneurship offers you the opportunity build and invest on what you love most.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/billionaire-mark-cuban-says-dont-follow-your-passion.html

kelvinjeremiah:

10. Get Recognised: Success attracts people. Owning your own business, having measurable finances gives you an opportunity to ccommunicate with the elites. You get to meet successful people and gain some recognitions.
I'm pretty sure more people in Lagos would recognize Pogba than Jeff Bezos. One is the richest man in the world and the other is an employee.

kelvinjeremiah:

11. Inspire Others: Inspiring others is not limited to giving amazing and thoughtful speeches; our activities does inspire others. You, starting a venture grants confidence for others to follow in your footsteps. That is inspiring.
Seriously?

kelvinjeremiah:

12. Financial Independence: Being an entrepreneur gives you financial independence and flexibility.
See no 6

kelvinjeremiah:

13. Become An Expert: You know what they say, "practice makes you perfect." Something you do more often becomes part of you. It becomes easy and fun. Whatever area you might specialize in business, you have the opportunity to be an expert in that field.
Entrepreneurship tends to be breath based not depth based, to be an expert, you need to depth focused.
kelvinjeremiah:

14. Gain Entrepreneurial Experience: The failures and successes you have in entrepreneurship, the more experience you gain.
Another moot point. Experience can be gained in a variety of ways.
kelvinjeremiah:

15. Get More Creative: Success makes you crave more of it. Since business requires critical thinking and developing of ideas, you need creativity. Being an entrepreneur makes more creative. You don't rest on your laurels, you just want to keep finding solutions to problems.
See 14

kelvinjeremiah:

16. Learn New Skills: Entrepreneurship is an avenue to diversify your skills. It's an opportunity to develop more skills.
This is 2018, if you don't learn a new skill you will be replaced by a robot.

Everyone should sit down and determine what they want out of life and work towards it. Success means different things to different people and there are so many paths to success, identify what success means to you and works towards achieving it.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by kelvinjeremiah(m): 8:52am On Mar 01, 2018
AZeD1:

Teachers, Security folks(Police, FRSC), Medical personnel are problem solvers and they create far move value than 99% of entrepreneurs out there. Anyone who wants to create value and solve problems should go into public service.

You really think the only way to contribute to the community is buy being an entrepreneur? Seriously? Do you have an idea of the organisation called Red Cross?

Did you seriously write this? Where is the data? You also need to define success because success to a teacher is different from success to a barber which is different from success to an athlete. Also, you don't need to be an entrepreneur to be successful.

You want to check the statistics of failed businesses?

Lets see how the statement in bold sounds when we rewrite it in different words?

"You can't get the opportunity to be responsible and meet the challenges of family, financial or otherwise if you are not an entrepreneur.

This is another lie the likes of you entrepreneurial preachers peddle around. Check the statistics of failed business and reconcile it with this post. Just as some entrepreneurs make money is the same way some employees make money.
Steve Ballmer was an employee of Microsoft and he's a fucking billionaire.
Marisa Mayer made $260 million from Yahoo, the 100th engineer at Facebook made $10 million when Facebook went public.
Sola David-Borha was making N117 annually from Stanbic IBTC.

This list goes on, lots of employees are cashing out without the added "stress" of managing a business.

Business are set up to make profit, not create jobs.

Another lie from you entrepreneurial preaches. Even small businesses like hair saloons and pure water delivery will close down if the work with this mindset. I personally know a barber who lost customers because of this "I am my own boss I'll work when I like" mindset. My parents started a business when they retired and I can tell you they both had more time for themselves when they were employed than now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/billionaire-mark-cuban-says-dont-follow-your-passion.html

I'm pretty sure more people in Lagos would recognize Pogba than Jeff Bezos. One is the richest man in the world and the other is an employee.

Seriously?

See no 6

Entrepreneurship tends to be breath based not depth based, to be an expert, you need to depth focused.

Another moot point. Experience can be gained in a variety of ways.

See 14

This is 2018, if you don't learn a new skill you will be replaced by a robot.

Everyone should sit down and determine what they want out of life and work towards it. Success means different things to different people and there are so many paths to success, identify what success means to you and works towards achieving it.
You ain't getting the point bro. No need for argument though. You've made ur point n i get it.

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by cleanbenincars(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2018
This piece of information reveals a reliable way to make some extra spending money regularly, and for a long time too as an entrepreneur. This is 100% guaranteed. You can start making money conveniently at your spare-time, with minimal investment capital, negligible risk factors, even without special or compulsory technical skills. And this money-making means has been tested, and proven to work incredibly.
Okay, I’m talking about the hybrid guava farming business. An advantageous agro-based venture. You can make money off this special guava specie, from a few trees planted at your backyard. In fact let me be specific. You’ll regularly make money for as long as 15-20yrs.
But like any other thing in life that’s worth it, you’ll first have to understand the hybrid guava farming business to start making money off it. That’s a common sense approach. Understanding the process guarantees you’ll certainly reap the benefits.
you can find more on :exposedguavamillions.com
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by funlord(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2018
go4success:
Here is the best post on Nairaland so far. Thanks

Send me a message on what's app...its freelance.com related....and you still don't have a contact number.....it may prove costly!
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business by wisdom4today: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2018
Nice tips.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moody’s Downgrades Nigeria's Issuer Ratings From Ba3 To B1 / Ideas Of Best-selling Fiverr Gigs For Nigerians In 2018 / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.