Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. (522 Views)

I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) / Any Reasonable Update Concerning ASUU Fc Vs FG Fc? / Help Or Advice Needed On Unilag Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by oluebubeneo(f): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,
Hope y'all are doing great.
I created this thread to seek advice from experienced and mature minds on this forum(yeah, I've seen nlanders give very intelligent and informed advice here. Hopefully I get some of that too).

Quick intro
I'm a 100level student in a federal university here in Nigeria studying Pharmacy.

A Peek Into My Plan
I want to postpone college/university education. I want a career in computer/IT. I will achieve this by acquiring relevant IT- related skills such as all the MSes(sounds crazy... lol),web development, graphics, animation, coding, typing skills and other IT-related skills.
I have a passion for writing and I can write on topics of interest and proper research. I want to build a Freelance career too. I have other plans but I'll stop here.

After these, I will go for a degree in Computer science in a reputable university, preferably outside the country. This means that during my "skill-acquisition" period, I'll take a couple of relevant and important examinations.

Now Here's What...
I don't know how to tell my dad about my decision. How do I convince him seeing that my plans don't exactly fit into the traditional "leave high school, get a college degree and get a job"?I don't see myself being the best at pharmacy. There's no passion, no motivation, no drive!! Hell! I don't see myself manufacturing or prescribing drugs to people. Why continue wasting his(my dad) money and my time studying a course I'm not interested in knowing fully well that I won't make a career out of it?

Guys, I'll appreciate your well thought out advice on what you think is the best way to present this issue to my dad.
Any suggestions on possible improvements on my plans will be nice too.

Thanks for taking your time to go through this. I expect your contributions and I'll be here to answer any questions you may have as regards the issue.

I'll soon call lalasticlala
Re: Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by stefanweeks: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
It depends on ur parents tho.

These days I would advise u follow ur passion i.e what u feel comfortable doing. This should be ur motivation.

Having said that, pharmacy is a very lucrative profession that gives u an above average kinda lifestyle in this country. I also think u can grow passion for this profession.

Like I said, it depends on ur parents, they r the ones to dole out money for any career.

Just call them together for a heart to heart � talk

1 Like

Re: Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
Follow your passion always. BTW he's your father no one will know how to convince him but you. I think you should have thought about this before now that you got admission to study big brother pharmacy. tongue
Re: Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by oluebubeneo(f): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2018
stefanweeks:
It depends on ur parents tho.

These days I would advise u follow ur passion i.e what u feel comfortable doing. This should be ur motivation.

Having said that, pharmacy is a very lucrative profession that gives u an above average kinda lifestyle in this country. I also think u can grow passion for this profession.

Like I said, it depends on ur parents, they r the ones to dole out money for any career.

Just call them together for a heart to heart � talk

Thanks for your contribution. I don't see myself developing passion for pharmacy. I'm very keen on being the BEST at what I do. Pharmacy won't give me that.
Re: Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by oluebubeneo(f): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2018
lilkrix:
Follow your passion always. BTW he's your father no one will know how to convince him but you. I think you should have thought about this before now that you got admission to study big brother pharmacy. tongue

Yeah.
I had mentioned this to my dad before gaining admission to study pharmacy. At the time, I didn't have as much knowledge on IT as I do now.
Re: Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by blessedvisky(m): 1:04am On Mar 01, 2018
oluebubeneo:

Yeah.
I had mentioned this to my dad before gaining admission to study pharmacy. At the time, I didn't have as much knowledge on IT as I do now.
Wow. I'm impressed. You have a solid plan. Pls I want to know how you got to know so much about IT. I'm a pretty good Typer and I have a words too. I have a dream of owning a medical blog someday. I want to learn about IT stuff but don't know how to go about it
Re: Reasonable Advice Needed; Trolls KEEP OFF. by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2018
oluebubeneo:

Yeah.
Oh. I think you should try to convince him but if he's still adamant continue the course, after graduation do the IT stuff cause I'm sure you don't need to be in a school to be a pro in that. You can even do it while still in school using your laptop and reading tutorials and videos online.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, We Are Not Lazy; Your Son Is A Sissy / Study MBBS Abroad / 10 Things You Should Really Ask A University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.