Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,206 members, 7,836,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) (1152 Views)

Explosion Leaves A PGD Student Of UNI UYO In Critical State. / IMT Students In Critical State As Female Hostel Balcony Collapses / 39 Things About Life I Wish I Had Known 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Tunde3658: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
My name is Tunde I grew up at Benue state I need your advice on this

So I was done with my secondary school 4year ago so after that my parents weren't bouyant enough to make sure I further my education so ever since then I was working for a bakery factory for 4years during this time range I was able to save some money right now I'm in a state of making decision of my life towards 2024

So the issue here is should I use the money to further my education or I should start up a business with it .
Which western state should I go to start up a business (I don't want to start it in benue due to the slow nature in business here ) if you feel it's the best option between Lagos , Ogun , osun , Oyo ?
3. I intend selling hot drinks and wine inside the market because that's what my parents trade on before they went broke . Which market within the state mentioned will be ok if you have any idea
Am I making any mistake your response and advice please?

I really need your advice and answers ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by immortalcrown(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
I can't advise you because I don't know how much money you have.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by yomi007k(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
Responding to your questions in the order;

1. How much do you have?(no need to reply)
Have you gone to schools to find out if what you have will fund your course?

3. If you want to do the alcohol business. Why don't you try and ask your parents why the business failed or what you can do better.

4. You are not making a mistake.

Personally, I would advise you go for part time course if you so desire to go to school. You need money in the present day- so that you can earn money while you learn.

Second option, learn a skill eg plumbing, carpentary, etc

Third option, learn a trade. You could do something around your backery business. You could sell bread for example since you are already in that field.

Wish you the best.

4 Likes

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Offpointng: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
If you'd like to sell Hot drinks or palm wine, kindly enroute SE, don't coman increase the number of drunkards we have in the SW.

The candid advice I'd give you is, Bakery or selling bread is your best shot cuz there's more reasonable use of bread than hot drinks or wine

2 Likes

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Theweekend: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Offpointng:
If you'd like to sell Hot drinks or palm wine, kindly enroute SE, don't coman increase the number of drunkards we have in the SW.

The candid advice I'd give you is, Bakery or selling bread is your best shot cuz there's more reasonable use of bread than hot drinks or wine
i no understand u which one be don't come and increase the number of drunkards in sw dem plenty 4 ur side.
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Tunde3658: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
yomi007k:
Responding to your questions in the order;

1. How much do you have?(no need to reply)
Have you gone to schools to find out if what you have will fund your course?

3. If you want to do the alcohol business. Why don't you try and ask your parents why the business failed or what you can do better.

4. You are not making a mistake.

Personally, I would advise you go for part time course if you so desire to go to school. You need money in the present day- so that you can earn money while you learn.

Second option, learn a skill eg plumbing, carpentary, etc

Third option, learn a trade. You could do something around your backery business. You could sell bread for example since you are already in that field.

Wish you the best.

We are 7 in number I'm the first so training is all wasn't an easy task coupled with low patronage in this state where we stay that was why they went broke they are still into the business but not enough funds to push it to a high level

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Tunde3658: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
immortalcrown:
I can't advise you because I don't know how much money you have.

Lol I can't disclose that but how much do you think can be able to relocate me and start something moderate in any of the SW region I mentioned ?
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by immortalcrown(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
Tunde3658:
Lol I can't disclose that but how much do you think can be able to relocate me and start something moderate in any of the SW region I mentioned ?
I will not guess. Tell me the amount you have and I will give you my own opinion, if you care for my opinion. There is nothing to be afraid of in this case. I don't know you. I don't know your house and your bank account. So, you disclosing your net worth puts you at no risk here.
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by CHRISTFUCKER: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
Just forking rope yourself

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Babson4u(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
I don't have much experience when it comes to advice like this but I would say forget about school for now, you can still further your education after establishing a successful business.

Most schools in Nigeria are planning on increasing their fees, this will cause majority of students to dropout considering the current economic situation.

Also unemployment rate is at the highest level now in Nigeria and there is no guarantee of getting a job after graduating.

As for the business, I would say it's better to go into something that people actually need or use on a regular basis but it all depends on location your starting the business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
Tunde3658:

We are 7 in number I'm the first so training is all wasn't an easy task coupled with low patronage in this state where we stay that was why they went broke they are still into the business but not enough funds to push it to a high level

Your parents didn't went broke it's the cost prices that reduced the purchases power
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Gadafii: 5:20am On Dec 22, 2023
Now is the wrong time to go school oo, incest that money in business make sure the business has grown in leap and bounds and making you enough income before you go to school, Nigerian school system na scam if not that money you saved till which I don’t even know how much will be wasted within a year if your admission, but I can’t advise which state you should move to I will let others do thAt

But don’t go to school yet until you have a secured stream of income, I am talking from experience, and this is not an advise but a warning

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by online4business: 5:42am On Dec 22, 2023
I must go school crew you can read and write.

Why do people in Nigeria always feel they must go to school? Peer pressure or the popular culture.

Find a skill and learn why you earn no be everything be school.

Let me share a newsletter by Dan Kennedy.
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by online4business: 5:51am On Dec 22, 2023
Here is what liberals call an irrelevant fact: The former CEO of UPS began as a UPS truck driver 45 years ago.

I usually spend several days during the holidays surrounded by people who find my very existence offensive, because I represent something that is very discomforting to them; something utterly contrary to the narrative they devoutly believe: as a high school-educated guy who rose from a family in modest poverty to be rich entirely through my own self-education, sacrifice, determination, persistence, and acquired capability (with vital sacrifice by and support from Carla), I stand in contradiction of their belief system about helplessness, and I stand in rebuke of their own disappointments about their lives and finances – for they all wish they were rich.

In this place, I suffer listening to many pointed discussions about income and wealth inequality and few people having way too much while many have so little.

One time, a person ran a food bank. From him, I had to hear of the pitiful, pathetic, downtrodden with NO hope, NO possibility of ever raising themselves up. He told of the 30-year-old single mother of two with no education or job skills, utterly dependent on government and charity.

PERMANENTLY set in this position. The facts of UPS’ former CEO, the facts of the high percentage of McDonald's executives and franchise owners with multiple 6-figure incomes who began as restaurant workers, the facts of how the American pyramid of possibility actually works so marvelously for those who work it are stubbornly ignored or discounted as freakish anecdotes by people like this fellow.

His beliefs are rooted in honest compassion yet are harmful to everyone he serves including that 30-year-old mother. Like Dr. Kramer said about something as a penny held tight to the eye blocking knowledge of the existence of something as huge as the sun, he has peoples’ poverty and fecklessness (which is different from helplessness) held so tightly to his eyes that he cannot see truth. To him and those of his determined mindset, I am an inconvenient and irrelevant fact, and I am a symbol of all that is wrong with America as a nation.

Incidentally, as I wrote this, I received a “giving of thanks” report from a Magnetic Marketing Member I chose not to name, who began with us as a 30-year-old single mother with little education or job skills, struggling mightily, who taught herself insurance sales, now owns her own successful agency, and has a second business creating marketing materials for agencies nationwide.

She would be seen by my food bank friend as a freak, of no relevance to the hordes he believes simply can’t raise themselves up. How YOU feel about this matters in 2 important ways.

First, if you, in any way, believe in helplessness, you are vulnerable to being intimidated, made to feel guilty, shamed, cowed; having a secret, subconscious question about your right to all the success and money you might obtain.

This discourages opportunity and success from coming to you just as turning off all the porch lights discourages most trick-or-treaters from coming up a long driveway on Halloween. Do NOT underestimate the importance of this.

Second, you need strong emotional armor. If you expect or seek or, God forbid, need appreciation, respect, kudos, and gold stars for making yourself a 5%’er or 1% ‘er…or for your aggressive and effective advertising, marketing, and selling strategies…or for your business’ success from the government and politicians you feed, from family or most others around you, or from the media, you will be handicapped and, at times miserable.

You’d better need no applause but your own. It’s not the Billy Joel song: sooner or later you sleep on your own. It’s every day.

Given that most people discourage opportunity and success coming from them, and while I highly doubt you’re one of them, I’ve personally gone ahead and curated my three favorites courses to hand you as part of being a NO B.S. Newsletter member. These courses are the “Brass Balls Factor”, “Midas Touch For Selling”, and "Renegade Millionaire Time Management.” If you have NOT gone through them, you can start today with Brass Balls.

If you’re not a NO B.S. join Dan Kennedy news letter it's free.

Success leaves clues person raise himself from poverty go tell you everything without bs
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by crossfm: 7:03am On Dec 22, 2023
I love your determination to succeed in life.

As regards going to school,I think you should put a hold on that plan now. concentrate on making money now,in future you can go back to school.
I say this, because from your write-up, your parents won't be the ones sponsoring you.

I don't have anything against your choice of business,but if I will advise,you should go into foodstuffs business. It's one business young people are neglecting but it's very lucrative.

Buying cheap from the north and salling in the West. Most especially getting it cheap during harvest season.

If you can invest that your capital in beans business now that they are harvesting beans,bro,you will make a lot of money.

Am not one of those who will ask you to contact them or pay them for them to teach you. Good enough you said you are in Benue state presently. All you need to do is to travel down to Nasarawa state or Kano state, make your enquiry.

You should be looking out for potasco, iron and brown beans.

Wish you all the best.
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Olaolex: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2023
Theweekend:
i no understand u which one be don't come and increase the number of drunkards in sw dem plenty 4 ur side.
Tribalism has eaten those people deep. They eat and ingest tribalism.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by ShinjaWWest: 8:31am On Dec 22, 2023
Tunde Ur real name is ebuka..

Stop hiding Ur Identity

Ur Benue state is Anambra

We know who u r ...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Tunde3658: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2023
ShinjaWWest:
Tunde Ur real name is ebuka..

Stop hiding Ur Identity

Ur Benue state is Anambra

We know who u r ...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

😂😂😂😂 No evidence
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by galantjoe(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
Tunde3658:

THEN INVEST SOME PART OF YOUR SAVINGS INTO IT TO SEE HOW IT WILL GO. BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW THAN ANGEL YOU DONT KNOW. SECONDLY GOODWILL IS A STRONG CONSIDERATION IN ACQUIRING AN EXISTING BUSINESS OR OPENING NEW ONE. SO IF YOU EXPAND YOUR PARENT BUSINESS, YOU WILL LEVERAGE ON THEIR EXISTING GOODWILL AND CUSTOMERS OUTREACH, THEREBY MAKING IT FASTER IN THAT BUSINESS.

DONT INVEST ALL YOUR SAVINGS. JUST INVEST LET SAY 30% OF WHAT YOU SAVED IN ORDER TO TEST RUN HOW IT GOES.

I WISH U GOODLUCK
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
Put am for forex.i invested 4k and am currently making more than 10m per months, that's less than 5% of my capital currently. cool
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by Tunde3658: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Put am for forex.i invested 4k and am currently making more than 10m per months, that's less than 5% of my capital currently. cool

4k in naira or dollars 😹
Re: I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) by ShinjaWWest: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:

Head slammers can lie sha...

(1) (Reply)

When Will Abu Sbrs Admission List For 2009/2010 Be Out? / Osutech Post Ume / Fpi Nd (pt)/hnd (ft) Form Is Out. Click 4 Details.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.