Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? (764 Views)

Dino Melaye Shows His Ongoing School Project In Kogi State (photos / Atiku’s Nationality: Where APC Legal Team Got It Wrong / When Did Kogi state turn to Bermuda triangle?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by princecool29(m): 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2018
KOGI:WHERE I COME FROM...

I am from Kogi state,the only state that takes 22 months to conduct workers screening.

The only state that used its bail out fund and excess crude fund very well,yet still needs to sell state properties to finance an annual budget.
-
Am from a state with about 27,000 pensioners still living,yet reflecting as late on the state payment voucher.
-
I am from a state where workers work a whole year,yet beg and strike all through the next year just to be paid for the previous year.
-
Am from a state where building of Mosque and drilling of boreholes are large state projects worthy of commissioning.
-
I am from a state where the urban area are just the same with the rural area.
-
Am from a state where the youths sell their conscience for tokens,yet they hope for a better future.
-
I am from a state where there is a house of Assembly,yet the executives makes and pass our bills.*
-
I am from a state where the government is really working,yet there are no visible development to point at.
-
Am from a state where a governor has a house worth 3 billion naira,yet we still need to borrow 11 billion to pay workers.
-
I am from state where hectares of land are donated for cattle colony,when our natives do not even have land to to farm.
-
I am from a state where Masquerades cruse in Venzas to work,and civil servants trek through and fro.
-
Am from a state where we produce rice,yet we do not have a rice mill.
-
I am from a state where budgets are passed and approved with out any proper review.
-
Am from a state where the governor is a Lion, and the indigence are preys.
-
Ladies and gentlemen I am from Kogi state.

-
Please always remember Kogi state in your prayers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by LaudableXX: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
May God deliver Kogi state from the shenanigans of clueless, hypocritical, narcissistic leaders like Yahaya Bello. May his evil machinations be exposed, and his greed truncated by abrupt means. May he never smell the governor's seat a second time around. Can I get an Amen from somebody?

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by princecool29(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
AMEN!!!!!!!
Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by chuksjuve(m): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
Your governor came in by accident ..
He was imposed on your by buhari and since buhari is synonymous with failure and hardship..

That's simply the Genesis of your problem...

The only solution is 2019..

Vote Yahaya out or else the joke will be on you guys ...

Have said my own..

Don't forget to check my profile .
Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by OriginalKogiboy(m): 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
KOGI STATE DID NOT VOTE THE BITTER KOLA INTO POWER, HE ENJOY ONLY THE CIRCUMSTANCE OF DEATH OF PRINCE AUDU ABUBAKAR AND APC TOP NATIOAL(TINUBU&CO) TO INDIRECTLY PUT IT(BELLO) ON US. NOW MY PEOPLE COMPLAIN DAILY. I MIGHT PROPHECY DEATH ON THE DEMON .... MARCH 17TH
Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by Kemperor: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kogi went wrong the day they collided with Hausa/Fulani to exterminate Biafrans from the face of the earth... A price they are paying today with their lives..

1 Like

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:
KOGI STATE DID NOT VOTE THE BITTER KOLA INTO POWER, HE ENJOY ONLY THE CIRCUMSTANCE OF DEATH OF PRINCE AUDU ABUBAKAR AND APC TOP NATIOAL(TINUBU&CO) TO INDIRECTLY PUT IT(BELLO) ON US. NOW MY PEOPLE COMPLAIN DAILY. I MIGHT PROPHECY DEATH ON THE DEMON .... MARCH 17TH
Tinubu want faleke but ur people considered it a victory when Bello emerged as a Bleep u to tinubu

1 Like

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by LaudableXX: 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kemperor:
Kogi went wrong the day they collided with Hausa/Fulani to exterminate Biafrans from the face of the earth... A price they are paying today with their lives..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by omohayek: 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kogi state is what happens when people elevate having one of "awa pikin" in power over petty considerations like competence or character. I'm sure Yahaya Bello's "kinsmen" can now rest easy in the knowledge that someone from their tribe is in the governor's mansion, even if he doesn't give them roads, healthcare, or schools, and he forgets to pay pensions or salaries ...

Kogi represents a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Nigeria: it is the inevitable outcome of the perpetual elevation of tribalism over political ideologies or track records. The people of Kogi have no grounds to complain about reaping precisely what they have sown, just as their fellow Nigerians have no one else to blame for living in a sh*thole but their own mass foolishness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by LaudableXX: 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
omohayek:
Kogi state is what happens when people elevate having one of "awa pikin" in power over petty considerations like competence or character. I'm sure Yahaya Bello's "kinsmen" can now rest easy in the knowledge that someone from their tribe is in the governor's mansion, even if he doesn't give them roads, healthcare, or schools, and he forgets to pay pensions or salaries ...

Kogi represents a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Nigeria: it is the inevitable outcome of the perpetual elevation of tribalism over political ideologies or track records. The people of Kogi have no grounds to complain about reaping precisely what they have sown, just as their fellow Nigerians have no one else to blame for living in a sh*thole but their own mass foolishness.

Puerile rhetoric. This post shows that you know absolutely nothing of how Yahaya Bello was elected into power. The person who won the elections died, before he was sworn in! shocked Bello did not contest the election, he only contested his party's primaries and even lost!
Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by omohayek: 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
LaudableXX:

Puerile rhetoric. This post shows that you know absolutely nothing of how Yahaya Bello was elected into power. The person who won the elections died, before he was sworn in! shocked Bello did not contest the election, he only contested his party's primaries and even lost!
Self-deceiving nonsense! The only thing "puerile" here is your attempt to deny the obvious, which is that Bello was chosen over the far better qualified Faleke (who, as Audu's deputy, ought to have been appointed governor by any reasonable reading of the law) - mostly because the Ebiras wanted the governorship to come into the hands of "their son", not caring whether their precious "son" had the slightest chance of carrying out the job properly. Are the following articles mere "puerile rhetoric" simply because you wish they were?

https://www.naija.ng/663163-kogi-elections-abubakar-audus-ghost-sealed-yahaya-bellos-victory.html
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/high-expectations-in-kogi-as-bello-takes-over-from-wada/130375.html
https://www.nairaland.com/2785132/see-how-ebira-people-welcome

Keep denying that petty, short-sighted tribal sentiments paved the way to Bello's selection for office, over the far-better qualified Faleke, who as deputy-governor elect should have been next in line. The Ebiras wanted their "son" at all costs, and now they - along with the rest of Kogi's citizens - are paying the price for their tribalistic myopia, just as the northern "talakawas" and "almajiris" are currently paying the heaviest price for their blind "sai baba" worship.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Kogi State Get It Wrong???? by LaudableXX: 12:10am On Feb 28, 2018
omohayek:
Self-deceiving nonsense! The only thing "puerile" here is your attempt to deny the obvious, which is that Bello was chosen over the far better qualified Faleke (who, as Audu's deputy, ought to have been appointed governor by any reasonable reading of the law) - mostly because the Ebiras wanted the governorship to come into the hands of "their son", not caring whether their precious "son" had the slightest chance of carrying out the job properly. Are the following articles mere "puerile rhetoric" simply because you wish they were?

https://www.naija.ng/663163-kogi-elections-abubakar-audus-ghost-sealed-yahaya-bellos-victory.html
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/high-expectations-in-kogi-as-bello-takes-over-from-wada/130375.html
https://www.nairaland.com/2785132/see-how-ebira-people-welcome

Keep denying that petty, short-sighted tribal sentiments paved the way to Bello's selection for office, over the far-better qualified Faleke, who as deputy-governor elect should have been next in line. The Ebiras wanted their "son" at all costs, and now they - along with the rest of Kogi's citizens - are paying the price for their tribalistic myopia, just as the northern "talakawas" and "almajiris" are currently paying the heaviest price for their blind "sai baba" worship.

Again, you just continued recycling your puerile rhetoric. undecided You posted links to stories you did not read, or even take out time to understand. Abubakar Audu won the election, but died before he could be sworn in. Faleke was Audu's deputy, and he thought he would be sworn in, in Audu's stead. Faleke did not contest the party primaries, when it was held to pick a gubernatorial candidate for the state, and so he was ineligible to be sworn in, according to INEC's rules. This rule disqualified him. sad

INEC declined to swear Faleke into power for this reason, and asked the party to present another candidate who had actually contested the party primaries with Audu. And the person presented was Yahaya Bello, who was second runner-up in the party primaries to Audu. Faleke went to court where the INEC rules were upheld, and his case was thrown out. undecided

The Ebira alone, even with a block vote could not have single-handedly installed Bello in power, if a fresh gubernatorial election were to be held. shocked They would have had to form an alliance with the Igala or Okun, to get a majority vote. Do you know anything about politics at all?

Most states vote for candidates based on a variety of factors, including 'kinsman' links, or ethnic ties. sad In some states, they have instituted a rotational method, through which power rotates from one senatorial district to the other. In a few states, a powerful godfather anoints a preferred candidate, as the gubernatorial candidate that everyone must support. How many states selected their gubernatorial candidates, merely on the basis of competence? Provide the stats.

(1) (Reply)

We Didn’t Endorse Buhari For Second Term -APC / P.A To President Buhari, Lauretta Onochie Blasted On Twitter (screenshots) / PHOTOS: Gov. Amosun Pays Condolence Visit To Late Idowu Sofola's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.