Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,508 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God (440 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job / Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God by DevaintNigerian: 12:00am On Feb 28, 2018
Recently I went through an experience that almost made me lose my believe in Christianity.

I was in a deep financial crises and one Sunday I decided to worship in a Church owned by a top Nigerian Pastor, and incidentally, the Pastor shared a testimony of how he raised #800 Million for a Church building in two days. He told a story of a man who donated a million naira and got a miracle of #50million the following day. He further prophesied of financial breakthrough within the week.

The testimony so overwhelmed me that even when I was still broke, I was determined to tap into the Anointing. I wasn't greedy or something, but with what I was going through, I needed a miracle. I ended up giving all the cash on me as 'Faith Seed' and the following day, I sent 3k from the last 5k I had, to the Church's account.

I walked home confident with high hopes of a breakthrough. For the next six days, I fasted, coupled with the fact that I had no food. I was also very confident I'll land a job I'd been expecting.

By Saturday, nothing had happened, and by the next Sunday, my faith was shaking. I couldn't pray, I couldn't go to church and I was so depressed.

If you live in Lagos, you'll understand how broke guys like us feel in Church. You hear the prosperity messages every Sunday and during midweek services, you pay tithes and sow seed for fear of being cursed. So many rich churches with poor members. Some Church workers serve both the church and the pastor and return home hungry and sometimes even the pastors don't care.

I remember one evening when I and two other brothers in church visited the pastor, there was no light and we waited outside while the Pastor ate dinner inside with his family. When he invited us inside, he scolded us for not contributing money for fuel when we realized there was no light. These were three jobless youths visiting a pastor who had his company.

No, the church is not a charity home, But then, I remember the early church of Acts of the Apostles. And while I still worship and believe in God, NEVER again will the outcome of prosperity messages make me doubt my beliefs

3 Likes

Re: Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God by prinzfavian(m): 12:21am On Feb 28, 2018
Hmm.
lipsrsealed
Re: Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God by AnodaIT(m): 7:04am On Feb 28, 2018
Churches now are like bet9ja, they make you give N1000 to expect N100k
Re: Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God by DevaintNigerian: 8:39am On Feb 28, 2018
AnodaIT:
Churches now are like bet9ja, they make you give N1000 to expect N100k

It's just sad and disheartening!
Re: Before Nigerian Pastors Make You Lose Your Belief In God by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Try to read up on spirituality. Religion is different from spirituality.

When you become more spiritual, and less religious, you will find out that things are falling into place for good in your life and be set free from Nigerian churches and their dangerous doctrines.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Widow Who Didn't Wash Her Hair For One Year Due To Tradition. / It Is A Sin Against God Not To Have Pvcs” Pastor Adeboye Says / A Deadlier Sect Than Fulani Herdsmen Is Coming To Nigeria Soon' - Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.