Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu (1261 Views)

DSS Stops Sowore From Addressing The Press, Grabs Him (Video) / Atiku Has Everything To Win At Tribunal – Livy Uzoukwu, Counsel / Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by Nnaeb(m): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
[img][/img]
It was just last week that Mr. Fela Durotoye officially declared his intention to run for the highest office in Nigeria in the 2019 general elections. Since then, the declaration incited mixed reactions from members of the public, especially on social media. The reactions have been one of Commendation and condemnation. However, for the purpose of this piece, I will be focusing and highlighting on the negative reactions that greeted his declaration. In some quarters, Fela’s ambition did not go down well as he was insulted, cyber-bullied and accused of many sins.
I have decided to take my time to address the sins he was accused of and also his seemingly inadequacies.

FELA DUROTOYE CAMPAIGNED FOR APC AND BUHARI

This is just what it is; an accusation. In as much as it is not even a crime to campaign for any candidate of your choice, let me state it categorically here that Fela Durotoye never at any point campaigned for APC or President Buhari. Please, anybody that has such evidence should not hesitate to produce it. If evidence emerges, I will tender an apology on a national newspaper of your choice and desist from campaigning for him.

FELA DUROTOYE LED A PROTEST AGAINST THE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT, BUT HAS NEVER CONDEMNED THIS ADMINISTRATION EVEN WHEN THEY ARE DOING THE SAME THING THEY ATTACKED THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION OF.

This particular instance is what some persons interpret as campaigning for APC. Now let me set the records straight. The famous Fuel subsidy removal protest popularly known as Occupy Nigeria was not an APC inspired protest. As an opposition party then, it was only natural and expedient for them to latch onto the protest but that still does not make it an APC Project. Occupy Nigeria was purely the masses saying enough is enough, and in my opinion remains the most effective civil disobedience exercise by Nigerians in recent times.
Fela being an influencer and someone who has being an advocate of a better Nigeria lent his voice to the protest and rightly so. Now, after his declaration of interest, to say that Fela Durotoye has never protested against this failed administration shows little understanding on your part. For Fela to rise up now and declare his interest to contest against a sitting president is more than enough protest against the administration. If not, he could have waited for the completion of their two terms.

FELA DUROTOYE ENDORSED PRESIDENT BUHARI’S ECONOMIC POLICIES ON TELEVISION

In an interview granted to Galaxy TV, Fela Durotoye publicly gave a nod to the economic policies of President Muhammadu Buhari. This happens to be one of the evidence his critics pulls out when they accuse him of campaigning for APC. The truth of the matter is that whatever happened on galaxy TV on that said day was merely opinion sharing. Fela Durotoye is entitled to his opinion as every other Nigerian. Secondly, there is nothing wrong with endorsing Buhari’s economic policy because in my opinion, the policies on paper are excellent. The implementation of those policies is where we are having issues with this administration. Same applies to previous administrations. We don’t have a policy problem in Nigeria. Our problem is that of leadership and implementation.

FELA DUROTOYE IS A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER

I find this particularly funny. I never knew that there is a legitimate profession or a trade that automatically disqualifies one from running for a public office in Nigeria. In as much as there is more to Fela Durotoye than just the motivational side of him, I still make bold to say that there is nothing absolutely wrong with a motivational speaker running for the presidency. I mean, what is the difference between motivational speaking and other career path? If we are sounding this way now, that means all hell will let loose the day Alibaba will declare an interest for public office. We will tell him that our public offices are not meant for comedians. Anyways, this goes to show that most commenters do not even know the quality of the persons they attack. The attack on FD being a motivational speaker is merely a bandwagon effect. I can bet you that a greater percentage of the people saying that have never sat under his teaching.

FELA DUROTOYE DOES NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE

Nigerian Youths: we want a young and fresh president. Someone that has no affiliation with the political class that has put us in this mess.

Fela Durotoye: today, I declare my intention to challenge the old political order and run for a new Nigeria.

Nigerian Youths: Fela Durotoye does not have experience
What really do we want?
Honestly, we need to wake up the person that did this to us as a people. For me, I think “over Sabi” is the bane of the Nigerian common man.

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
He's useless as far as I'm concerned, abi he carried placards against the previous government, he should do it now.

He should go and test his popularity in EKITI state where Fayose go whip am like baby.

Idiat criminal

He's as useless as TINUBU and buhari

3 Likes

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by FarahAideed: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
A vote for Fela Durotoye is vote for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by KahlDrogo(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nnaeb:
[s]
It was just last week that Mr. Fela Durotoye officially declared his intention to run for the highest office in Nigeria in the 2019 general elections. Since then, the declaration incited mixed reactions from members of the public, especially on social media. The reactions have been one of Commendation and condemnation. However, for the purpose of this piece, I will be focusing and highlighting on the negative reactions that greeted his declaration. In some quarters, Fela’s ambition did not go down well as he was insulted, cyber-bullied and accused of many sins.
I have decided to take my time to address the sins he was accused of and also his seemingly inadequacies.

This is just what it is; an accusation. In as much as it is not even a crime to campaign for any candidate of your choice, let me state it categorically here that Fela Durotoye never at any point campaigned for APC or President Buhari. Please, anybody that has such evidence should not hesitate to produce it. If evidence emerges, I will tender an apology on a national newspaper of your choice and desist from campaigning for him.

FELA DUROTOYE LED A PROTEST AGAINST THE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT, BUT HAS NEVER CONDEMNED THIS ADMINISTRATION EVEN WHEN THEY ARE DOING THE SAME THING THEY ATTACKED THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION OF.

This particular instance is what some persons interpret as campaigning for APC. Now let me set the records straight. The famous Fuel subsidy removal protest popularly known as Occupy Nigeria was not an APC inspired protest. As an opposition party then, it was only natural and expedient for them to latch onto the protest but that still does not make it an APC Project. Occupy Nigeria was purely the masses saying enough is enough, and in my opinion remains the most effective civil disobedience exercise by Nigerians in recent times.
Fela being an influencer and someone who has being an advocate of a better Nigeria lent his voice to the protest and rightly so. Now, after his declaration of interest, to say that Fela Durotoye has never protested against this failed administration shows little understanding on your part. For Fela to rise up now and declare his interest to contest against a sitting president is more than enough protest against the administration. If not, he could have waited for the completion of their two terms.

In an interview granted to Galaxy TV, Fela Durotoye publicly gave a nod to the economic policies of President Muhammadu Buhari. This happens to be one of the evidence his critics pulls out when they accuse him of campaigning for APC. The truth of the matter is that whatever happened on galaxy TV on that said day was merely opinion sharing. Fela Durotoye is entitled to his opinion as every other Nigerian. Secondly, there is nothing wrong with endorsing Buhari’s economic policy because in my opinion, the policies on paper are excellent. The implementation of those policies is where we are having issues with this administration. Same applies to previous administrations. We don’t have a policy problem in Nigeria. Our problem is that of leadership and implementation.

I find this particularly funny. I never knew that there is a legitimate profession or a trade that automatically disqualifies one from running for a public office in Nigeria. In as much as there is more to Fela Durotoye than just the motivational side of him, I still make bold to say that there is nothing absolutely wrong with a motivational speaker running for the presidency. I mean, what is the difference between motivational speaking and other career path? If we are sounding this way now, that means all hell will let loose the day Alibaba will declare an interest for public office. We will tell him that our public offices are not meant for comedians. Anyways, this goes to show that most commenters do not even know the quality of the persons they attack. The attack on FD being a motivational speaker is merely a bandwagon effect. I can bet you that a greater percentage of the people saying that have never sat under his teaching.

Nigerian Youths: we want a young and fresh president. Someone that has no affiliation with the political class that has put us in this mess.

Fela Durotoye: today, I declare my intention to challenge the old political order and run for a new Nigeria.

What really do we want?
Honestly, we need to wake up the person that did this to us as a people. For me, I think “over Sabi” is the bane of the Nigerian common man[/s].

Typical rants from my fellow Jewish alobams from Abia.

3 Likes

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by KahlDrogo(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
[s]He's useless as far as I'm concerned, abi he carried placards against the previous government, he should do it now.

He should go and test his popularity in EKITI state where Fayose go whip am like baby.

Idiat criminal

He's as useless as TINUBU and buhari[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by KahlDrogo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
FarahAideed:
[s]A vote for Fela Durotoye is vote for Buhari[/s]
Go and collect your working tools being distributed by your Assembly member my fellow Jewish Ibo. We cannot continue to live a mediocre wailing life like this. embarassed

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by Megatrix: 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
KahlDrogo:
Typical rants from my fellow Jewish alobams from Abia.
Mumu did you even read the post before commenting? The op was defending fela durotoye against those accusations not attacking him. Dundee follower of a dullardin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
hmm you try
Nnaeb:
[img][/img]

What really do we want?
Honestly, we need to wake up the person that did this to us as a people. For me, I think “over Sabi” is the bane of the Nigerian common man.

Re: Addressing The Many ‘sins’ Of Fela Durotoye – Brown Uzoukwu by shallysgirl: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
Megatrix:

Mumu did you even read the post before commenting? The op was defending fela durotoye against those accusations not attacking him. Dundee follower of a dullardin
Illiteracy is the bane of the sad waste. All they know is Muhammad the pedophile flew over mecca like a pig.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Bid To Host 2026 World Cup - Fashola / ‘my Wife Slept With Deacon, Bishop Of My Church’ Lagos Pastor Lament / Igbo Leaders: We Are Not Interested In 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.