Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (20321 Views)

Akpororo, Asu Ekiye, Others Light Up Abuja At 'A Night With The King' Concert / Asu Ekiye Calls Out Gospel Artistes At The Experience / Allison Akene Ayida Is Dead! Maje Ayida's Father Dies At 88 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Reportmusic(f): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2018

The prince of Niger Delta pupolarly known as Asu Ekiye celebrates 2oyrs wedding anniversary with these throwback wedding pictures from 20yrs ago.

Read what he wrote below..

PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH AT MY WEDDING PICTURE

ITS MY 20th Wedding Anniversary today.

My Name is Asu Ekiye, The Prince of the Niger Delta and
For the first time in my history, I present to you my ORIGINAL WEDDING CARD
I used all my savings both home and abroad to print this card. Every other thing in preparation for the wedding was by Faith..
I went round the whole of Portharcourt begging for support for the wedding.
I grew so lean soliciting for funds because the money was no where forthcoming but I was determined not to miss my vision based year for marriage.
On my wedding day, I passed out due to stress, frustration and fatigue because I was a “one man committee of friends”. My elder sister of Blessed Memory, Mrs Nursere Ukiri, had to force milk mixed with malt as an emergency aid to resuscitate me.
Life was very frustrating. We had no house because the only house I rented in preparation for the wedding was seized from me prior to the wedding day, since the house rent was paid to a dubious Landlord, so we had to prepare for the wedding without a house.
My shoes for the wedding was borrowed from my friend Nare Batubo, equipment was borrowed from Rev Christy Bature Ogbeifun, the suite for the court wedding was borrowed without permission from my cousin Konboye Waritimi and many more stuff like that..
INFACT I wondered at the motivation behind this young lady who agreed to marry a scary looking man like this that was also very poor.
7 years after our marriage we could not bear even one child. So it was a mixed bag of poverty combined with childlessness.. But we walked so much by Faith and by cheer determination and a dogged and compromising penchant to succeed.
Today the story is different . Check out for yourself the transformation.. Not just on our faces but in our home with children and the blessings of life..
I salute the courage of this woman who agreed to stay with me In spite of the bleak future.
If my wife was looking for an SUV driving husband, she would have missed a blessed ASU..Hahahaha….
Kudos to the wife of my youth who, after God, is the very pillar behind my success today..
That’s why I advice my friends , please get married before you become Rich or Famous. Then you will streslessly locate or identify your true Love..
Please join me to thank the Lord Almighty for the journey so far..

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/28/popular-gospel-artist-asu-ekiye-celebrates-20yrs-wedding-anniversary-throwback-photos/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Reportmusic(f): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2018

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by izzou(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
20 years with the love of your life will forever be like 2 weeks

I salute una marriage

I hope my future wife is on nairaland and she's reading this

angry

12 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by castrol180(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
...and so fuckìng what?

Maybe I should then fry water

Second to comment thouģh

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Aristotle96(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
He resemble EFE for the wedding pics cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Firemarshall(m): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
Una no dey rest ahhan, una no go let attain ftc
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by omoolorire(m): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
Wao !!! Behind every success a story, Behind every successful man found a pillar
Keep moving man mi

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by boss1310(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
oga you love oversized coat die.congrats

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by bellotaofeek: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
HWA Sir. Wishing you more of it. Can someone give me a link to one of his old songs. "back to base"
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by UbanmeUdie: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
shocked

Thank you Asu Ekiye for giving us an electrifying gospel album "Back 2 Base" back then.

Now back 2 base,

Is Asu Ekiye suffering from Goiter?

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
Asu Ekiye...the best gospel artiste in Nigeria...happy wedding anniversary
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Obec70(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
Wao! mate you at Onitsha many years ago, happy 20th marriage anniversary man of God, and many more years as you propagate the gospel of Christ through music.
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by jameyjaggs: 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
OK
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Pangea: 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Congratulations sir,
I commend that lady who saw the future, unlike many of our women nowadays,
They can only see the NOW, and it must be loaded with Naira.

Let everyone learn from this!
No condition is permanent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by delugajackson: 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
Reminds me of this favorite intro from the track "Hossana"

rokowuye rokowuye rokowuye roghene.
Yei yei yei
rokowuye rokowuye roghene

Back 2 Base was a hit!

7 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Sirjohn84(m): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
what as story
congrats
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Trustme2(m): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hmmmm. Ladies of nowadays are looking and singing 40 billion for the account oh grin grin grin grin ;DD
And singing "If you no get money hide your face"
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Referendum50(f): 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Evil buhari

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
The woman has now aged while my man still dey barb punk dey wear over sized coat, dey eye small girls.

Life of women sha.
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
Aristotle96:
He resemble EFE for the wedding pics cool cheesy

Like he narrated, his late elder sister resuscitated him with milk and malt that day when he collapsed under the burden of frustration ! cheesy
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by stainless239(f): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mtcheeeew!!!

It doesn't stop them from cheating

*out of here*
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Goodchaid61: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
my mom and dad hav stayed 32 years together..so what's the big deal?? undecided
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 8:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nice
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Trustme2:
Hmmmm. Ladies of nowadays are looking and singing 40 billion for the account oh grin grin grin grin ;DD
And singing "If you no get money hide your face"
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Most of those ladies have broke brothers! cheesy
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Megatrix: 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
Congrats to him
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by emmxzy(m): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
God bless your home
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
Her mouth tho, used to be very small. Anyway happy wedding anniversary!
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by KendrickAyomide: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Thank you Asu Ekiye for giving us an electrifying gospel album "Back 2 Base" back then.

Now back 2 base,

Is Asu Ekiye suffering from Goiter?
Lmao. chaii
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
castrol180:
...and so fuckìng what?

Maybe I should then fry water

Second to comment thouģh

You married?

It's a big deal to married peeps.

Just sayin'
Re: Asu Ekiye And Wife, Kuni Akene Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by castrol180(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

You married?

It's a big deal to married peeps.

Just sayin'

Guy, just keep mute...after two wives,

What more?

(1) (2) (Reply)

''give Way'' - Chika Ike Stuns In Floral Maxi Dress / Walter Anga's Wife Shares Maternity Photos After Welcoming Baby Girl / Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.