Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram (22572 Views)

JAMB: Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME / Army Arrests Man For Impersonating A Navy Commodore / Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by ChangeIsCostant: 6:32am On Mar 01, 2018
The Kano State Police command has arrested a 20-year-old man for allegedly impersonating the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II online. Report has it that the young man who is very active on social media - pretended to be the Kano monarch on Instagram with 262,000 followers.

The young man was eventually arrested after months after manhunt.

He is currently helping the police with investigation.

Meanwhile, the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, last year disowned social media accounts opened in his name. Sanusi said in a statement tin Kano that he never authorized any person or organisation to open to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media account nor post any message on his behalf.

He explained that this should put to rest series of calls and enquiries to the office of the Emir on some purported malicious and fake social media accounts in the name of the monarch. He lamented that the fraudsters have remained unrelenting in their nefarious acts.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/man-arrested-for-impersonating-emir-of-kano-muhammadu-sanusi-on-instagram.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by ChangeIsCostant: 6:32am On Mar 01, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 01, 2018
undecided

At least, he just made headlines
The trending still continue for him if he finally makes prison

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by marshalldgreat(m): 6:35am On Mar 01, 2018
End of the road for him

12 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 01, 2018
This what happened when you venture into what is not your line, live this to our Yoruba brothers, see how the will do the magic.

You were called to be a suicide bomber,and you turned yahoo boy, that's why you get caught.

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by NwaAmaikpe: 6:37am On Mar 01, 2018
shocked

Is the police sure they have the right suspect?
I'm so surprised to hear a Northerner is a Yahooboy.
No disrespect; but I am even more surprised to see he has an IPhone.

In my mind, I thought the only gagdet they used there were just transistor radios and World receivers.
President Buhari has really introduced technology to our nation.

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by madridguy(m): 6:37am On Mar 01, 2018
Emir of Instagram grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by AntiWailer: 6:41am On Mar 01, 2018
Lol
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Okoroawusa: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm so surprised to hear a Northerner is a Yahooboy. No disrespect but I am even more surprised to see he has an IPhone.
You well?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Samsimple(m): 6:54am On Mar 01, 2018
who will impersonate buhari

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Nutase: 6:58am On Mar 01, 2018
Who did the guy defraud?? This is a case of impersonation.

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Samusu(m): 7:10am On Mar 01, 2018
Nutase:
Who did the guy defraud?? This is a case of impersonation.
A tire o. Don't mind most of this bloggers and commenters alike
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by SOFTENGR: 7:14am On Mar 01, 2018
Instagram with 262,000 followers?
You try sha. But mallam, you for go Lagos, learn from our brothers there b4 embarking on this venture. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Abogwara: 7:20am On Mar 01, 2018
Guess he was just having fun.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by SOFTENGR: 7:24am On Mar 01, 2018
Samsimple:
who will impersonate buhari
Who wan do that kind thing grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by FarahAideed: 7:49am On Mar 01, 2018
Did he defraud anybody ?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by toluxa1(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2018
smiley
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by free2ryhme: 8:00am On Mar 01, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
The Kano State Police command has arrested a 20-year-old man for allegedly impersonating the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II online. Report has it that the young man who is very active on social media - pretended to be the Kano monarch on Instagram with 262,000 followers.

The young man was eventually arrested after months after manhunt.

He is currently helping the police with investigation.

Meanwhile, the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, last year disowned social media accounts opened in his name. Sanusi said in a statement tin Kano that he never authorized any person or organisation to open to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media account nor post any message on his behalf.

He explained that this should put to rest series of calls and enquiries to the office of the Emir on some purported malicious and fake social media accounts in the name of the monarch. He lamented that the fraudsters have remained unrelenting in their nefarious acts.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/man-arrested-for-impersonating-emir-of-kano-muhammadu-sanusi-on-instagram.html

Abok1 no get sense

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by livebynite: 8:01am On Mar 01, 2018
Will this reduce the price of garri ? angry

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by iluvpomo(m): 8:01am On Mar 01, 2018
FarahAideed:
Did he defraud anybody ?
Maybe he got laid very well grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 01, 2018
FarahAideed:
Did he defraud anybody ?

So, you would like it if someone opened an account impersonating you?

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by FarahAideed: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2018
Cromcruach91:

So, you would like it if someone opened an account impersonating you?

Okay.
I just wanted to get the entire pic
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by adekennis(m): 8:05am On Mar 01, 2018
The account is even verified shocked :

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by emperorAY(m): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2018
criminals everywhere

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by mccoy47(m): 8:11am On Mar 01, 2018
How did the accounr get verified? undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by Culin(f): 8:15am On Mar 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Is the police sure they have the right suspect?
I'm so surprised to hear a Northerner is a Yahooboy.
No disrespect; but I am even more surprised to see he has an IPhone.

In my mind, I thought the only gagdet they used there were just transistor radios/World receivers.
President Buhari has really introduced technology to our nation.

Obviously you know nothing about northerners. Your 'people' don't use half the Iphones northerners use.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by ilovemylife4me(f): 8:15am On Mar 01, 2018
hey
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by LittleAngelT(f): 8:16am On Mar 01, 2018
Lol. Funny enough, i follow the page. It's even verified by IG. Wonder how he had access to those pictures cuz some of them are exclusive.
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by simplex2: 8:17am On Mar 01, 2018
This goes to show that the verification exercise is nothing but a sham!

5 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by chumakk: 8:17am On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by ayookunlee: 8:17am On Mar 01, 2018
Emir, Emir
Re: Man Arrested For Impersonating Emir Sanusi With 262K Followers On Instagram by wildchild02: 8:23am On Mar 01, 2018
He even went as far as getting the account verified.. Wow

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronke Shonde Killed By Her Husband, Lekan Shonde / Robbers Attack Passengers On Their Way To Kaduna From Abuja,Shoot One Dead(pics) / Tenant Batters Landlady For Demanding 20 Months Rent Arrears (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.