Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans (21262 Views)

Police Nab Abuja Second Most Wanted Kidnap Kingpin In Nasarawa Forest / Police Kill ‘shaho’ Kidnap Kingpin, Nab Gang Members In Kaduna / Kidnap Kingpin Shot Dead During Shootout With Police In Edo Forest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Estar01(f): 8:02am On Mar 01, 2018
By Estarsblog.com

Suspected kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a Evans, has asked a Lagos High Court sitting in Igbosere to quash the two separate charges filed against him by the Lagos State Government.

Lagos had brought a fresh five-count charge bordering on conspiracy to kidnap, kidnapping and attempted murder against Evans and three others.

Evans is charged alongside Joseph Emeka, Ugochukwu Nwachukwu and Victor Aduba.

In the second charge, Evans is being tried alongside Joseph Emeka, Linus Okpara and Victor Aduba.

At the resumed hearing of the case on Wednesday, Counsel to the first defendant, Mr Olukoya Ogungbeje informed the court that he had filed a motion on notice to quash all the charge filed against the first defendant (Evans).

In the motion on notice, Ogungbeje said that ‎all the charges and the proof of evidence before the court did not establish any prima facie case against the first defendant.

He also said that all the charges were “grossly defective, incompetent and constituted an abuse of court processes”.

He stated that the prosecution had earlier filed similar charges and amended charges bordering on kidnapping against the same first defendant pending before the same High Court of Lagos State.

He averred that the two separate charges were brought in bad faith to “harass, oppress, hound, frustrate, vex and intimidate the first defendant.”

“It will be in the interest of justice if all the two separate charges are quashed and the defendant is accordingly discharged.”

Ogungbeje, however urged the court to ‎adopt the facts as stated in the affidavit in support of the motion on notice.

‎In her response to the motion, the State Director for Public Prosecutions (DPP), Ms Titilayo Shitta-Bey, said there was sufficient proof and evidence linking the first defendant to the offences brought before the court.

Shitta-Bey said that the first defendant was charged with the offence of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and kidnapping of one Uche Okereafor.

She also said that other charges filed against the first defendant before other judges involved different defendants, different offences and different victims.

“This particular charge is premised on Evans involvement in the kidnapping of Okereafor and collecting ransom in the sum of two million dollars from his family.”

The DPP urged the court to expunge the submission of the first defendant as it constituted opinions, conclusions and argument contrary to Section 115 of the Evidence Act.

Justice Adedayo Akintoye, after listening to all the arguments, adjourned the case until March 22 for ruling.

http://www.estarsblog.com/court-set-free-kidnap-kingpin-evans/

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by CYBERWEAVER(m): 8:03am On Mar 01, 2018
if DASUKi gain freedom why not evans

space for sale

2 Likes

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by kabrud: 8:11am On Mar 01, 2018
Yes, the court should free you before those people from the forgotten land of yisreal and erosion headquarters of Nigeria start shouting marginalisation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Mariangeles(f): 8:28am On Mar 01, 2018
This beast should be sentenced already...

4 Likes

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Mariangeles(f): 8:33am On Mar 01, 2018
kabrud:
Yes, the court should free you before those people from the forgotten land of yisreal and erosion headquarters of Nigeria start shouting marginalisation.
Don't you think it is too early for this...?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by kabrud: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
No, it is actually due.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by buhariguy(m): 8:51am On Mar 01, 2018
This is one of the idiotic pigs of Biafra that were terrorising Nigeria.

And they said they are not terrorist.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Guestlander: 11:31am On Mar 01, 2018
I bet he didn't hear about Don Wanny. Set free ko, set on fire ni.

12 Likes

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by charles2044: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
So this man still think he have hope on. This case? It would have been. Better for him to save the iittle money he is left with to cater for his children's well being instead of spending it in court where the hope of gaining freedom is %.
His idiot lawyer should be careful because if he eventually escape all the charges and regain his freedom he is going to kidnap hip to get all his money back from him

7 Likes

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by veacea: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Lol
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by NwaAmaikpe: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
shocked

"Considering that the charges against him are grossly defective, incompetent and constituted an abuse of court processes”.
I appeal that the court frees Evans.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Josephjnr(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
grin Sometimes one tiny part of your mind go the tell you say taking criminals to court na risk and waste of time. Somebody should kill Evans already.

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by tundeayo2020: 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
buhariguy:

please stop it!

Honestly I wish every other terrorists across the globe were only after material gains. It would have been easier to curtail, don't you think so too?

6 Likes

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
Evans wants to be a free man.

Evans ready to splurge some of that ransom money on top-notch legal representation.

But I am thinking -- knowing how inept prosecutorial work in Nigeria is, I would not be surprised if Evans walks out a free man.

To the best of my knowledge, a lot of this case is hinged on circumstantial evidence gleaned from confessions. If the defense build a case on that, they just might secure Evan's freedom. Just thinking though.

Did you know that Ade-Lawyer killed nine people in broad day light in Ajah but Nigerian police couldn't put him behind bars because the first responders to the scene contaminated the crime scene?

Did you know that NwaAmaikpe is playing with death?

4 Likes

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by dopemama(f): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
veacea:
Lol
walahi na to laff naim remain
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Kizyte(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
OK, that's not my problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Tjohnnay: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
grin
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by etugba(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
Free him joor.. How many other senators in this same line of business have they jailed
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Tjohnnay: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with Evans.
Free Evans.

Seconded grin

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by medolab90(m): 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
N
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ihitenansa: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
so this guy still dey breathe?

where is the justice for his victims??
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by conductorL3: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
buhariguy:

But if those "Biafran terrorists" ask to be left alone with their "terrorism" in another country away from your evil Fraudgeria, your Satan of Sokoto and the midget almajiri governor of Kaduna State will flog their head from here to Futa Jalon begging for yoonity.

Professional unity beggar.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
Z
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Xeedorf: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
Evans the criminal Celebrity
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ihitenansa: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
its neva too early for this..

1 Like

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by ihitenansa: 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
its neva too early for this..

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Me looking at Evans

Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Augiiee(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
9ja nawa!
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Ellabae(f): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
It's been long I heard about him.
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by medolab90(m): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
It's almost a year and there is no judgment.

So Evans should be freed
Re: Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
CYBERWEAVER:
if DASUKi gain freedom why not evans

space for sale
is DASUKI free

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Barricade Delta Road, Rob Passengers / Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison / 14 Men Arrested For Kidnapping Crown Polytechnic Student In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.