Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student (21258 Views)

FUTA Student Who Hacked Premium Times Website Suspended By University / I Was Assaulted By Policemen For Refusing Them Sex – Brutalised FUTA Student / Female FUTA Student Brutalized By Policemen In Akure, Ondo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by celebgistz2: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
The Ondo State Police Command on Tuesday said it had arrested one of its men, who allegedly beat and injured a female student of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.

Some students of the institution were said to have had an encounter with some policemen attached to the ‘A’ Division Police Station, Akure, Ondo State capital, on Sunday night leading to one of them being injured by a policeman.

The identities of the victim and that of the policeman had not been revealed as of the time of filing this report. Video of the encounter had already gone viral on social media.

In the viral video, a young woman ( FUTA student) was seen with one of her eyes bleeding and she kept saying, “Look at my eyes.”

When contacted on the development, the Police Public Relations Officer Mr Femi Joseph, confirmed the incident and said the erring police officer had been arrested and would face trial.

Joseph, who declined to reveal the identity of the cop, however, explained that the matter involved two students, who were on a motorcycle and were drunk on Sunday night.

He said that the students refused to be checked by the policemen, who were on patrol.

He said, “The students were stopped by the policemen on patrol on Sunday night, and when they were asked to open the bag they held, they refused, that was what caused an argument between them, leading to one of them to slightly push the lady. But because the lady was drunk, she fell down and got injured.

“In spite of that, as I am speaking with you now, the policeman in question has been arrested and will face trial today ( Tuesday). He would definitely be punished. ”

The President of the FUTA Student Union Government, Abraham Esedere, said he was at the police headquarters over the matter and promised to call back.

“I’m at the police headquarters, I will call you back after I leave here,” he told our correspondent on the telephone.

Source: https://punchng.com/police-arrest-officer-who-beat-futa-student/

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by celebgistz2: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
We need police reformation in this country

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Sonfethopia: 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
He should be prosecuted.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Freshwhyte(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by aylive02(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Police is the definition of stupidity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Yankiss(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
The entire Armed Forces and not just the Police needed complete overhaul. Those who are meant to protect the citizens are now the greatest threat. Ranging from public molestation to extrajudicial killings and extortions. The story is unending and unacceptable. The Police man here identified needed to be punished accordingly.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by spartoo: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
The whole police system in this country needs an overhaul. The brutality is no longer isolated to a particular region, it's nationwide. Something has to be done fast

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by AdonaiAluminium: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
He should be properly dealth with not just arresting him

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services, insulated roofing sheets and panels etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Starhearts: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
Police nd lies re like 5&6

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by ise82(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
Many mad police officers roaming...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by mideactive: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nigeria needs total cleaning,the country reminds me of d famemos movie into the badland. but in our own case,d land is good but with very bad people. No wonder,we go into prosperous countries and mess things up as usual. Bad behaviors looks very normal to most Nigerians,infact no one send values anymore. I'm sure if saints are made to rule this country,they will still fail. I think the country has been lost from our individual homes,maybe we need someone that does not look Ucha face, to help turn things around..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Maldini212(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Is that blood on face

Or na menstrual blood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by sneezy(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mr. Seun and other Adm managing this platform. Each time i post what a of people could benefited, the post gets deleted immediately, and yet other promotions such as[b] Fixed matches and Ponzi schemes[/b] which is obviously known to all that its a scam are left on the group.

Is it suppose to be so. Pls, i need a response.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by ajumma(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
celebgistz2:
The Ondo State Police Command on Tuesday said it had arrested one of its men, who allegedly beat and injured a female student of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.

Some students of the institution were said to have had an encounter with some policemen attached to the ‘A’ Division Police Station, Akure, Ondo State capital, on Sunday night leading to one of them being injured by a policeman.

The identities of the victim and that of the policeman had not been revealed as of the time of filing this report. Video of the encounter had already gone viral on social media.

In the viral video, a young woman ( FUTA student) was seen with one of her eyes bleeding and she kept saying, “Look at my eyes.”

When contacted on the development, the Police Public Relations Officer Mr Femi Joseph, confirmed the incident and said the erring police officer had been arrested and would face trial.

Joseph, who declined to reveal the identity of the cop, however, explained that the matter involved two students, who were on a motorcycle and were drunk on Sunday night.

He said that the students refused to be checked by the policemen, who were on patrol.

He said, “The students were stopped by the policemen on patrol on Sunday night, and when they were asked to open the bag they held, they refused, that was what caused an argument between them, leading to one of them to slightly push the lady. But because the lady was drunk, she fell down and got injured.

“In spite of that, as I am speaking with you now, the policeman in question has been arrested and will face trial today ( Tuesday). He would definitely be punished. ”

The President of the FUTA Student Union Government, Abraham Esedere, said he was at the police headquarters over the matter and promised to call back.

“I’m at the police headquarters, I will call you back after I leave here,” he told our correspondent on the telephone.

Source: https://punchng.com/police-arrest-officer-who-beat-futa-student/

" leading to one of them to slightly push the lady. But because the lady was drunk, she fell down and got injured."
Hear talk abeg..fear Nigerian Police with animalistic tendency, VILE and EVIL

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Wickedfacts: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
I saw the video of the policemen looking sober when they were being videod. They'll be behaving like tin gods but when in trouble, they'll be looking like kids caught urinating on the bed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by borlah50(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
Slightly push?? Hmmmmm fair Nigeria police

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by addikt(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
A day shall never pass without the men on blank in bad and terrible news....smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by xaggar(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Although the police officer was wrong, the students (especially ladies) were silly. Night and you show such effontery against armed personnel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Angelfrost(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Na wa o... What level of life frustration will make a man, a police officer at that, beat a young girl like she stole his manhood?... This is like lynching a hardened criminal.

Being a Nigerian is tiring tbh. undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Wickedfacts: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
sneezy:
Mr. Seun and other Adm managing this platform. Each time i post what a of people could benefited, the post gets deleted immediately, and yet other promotions such as Fixed matches and Ponzi schemes which is obviously known to all that its a scam are left on the group.

Is it suppose to be so. Pls, i need a response.

Are you posting in the right sections?
Are you derailing threads?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by misterjosh(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
Oga police PRO, just a push gave the student koko and a cut on her face ehnn... easy o undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by onyxo76(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
A drunk lady? Which kain lie be this one again? When dem kidnaps dpo the other day, dem come say na dpo friend dem kidnap even when force headquarters confirm say na dpo them kidnap, as for the arrest, that one na another super story

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by sylve11: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by denjjy(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
they pushed her slightly and she fell and injured because she was drunk......those monster on black dirty clothes are liar

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by OduntanGabriel(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
Are u still doubting if police is your friend or not

#wolialara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by samuel900(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Is he inside cell? Arrested ko......foolish people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
That injury doesn't look like something that was inflicted during a fall and she definitely didn't sound like someone that was drunk. She didn't look like it too so whatever that stupid liar said is from a typical lying policeman. He is obviously covering up his colleague

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
Young people are not safe in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Declared Missing In Ghana Has Been Found / Why Court Should Set Me Free - Kidnap Kingpin, Evans / Herdsmen Barricade Delta Road, Rob Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.